HSC-Sooner
3/8/2013, 11:13 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OUby35
3/8/2013, 11:20 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MBHORNSFAN/status/310197087411269632

OUby35
3/8/2013, 11:28 PM
Looks like inappropriate relationships between coaches and students that were lied about... Meh.

SoonerinLA
3/9/2013, 12:21 AM
There's nothing to see here. Move along.

kevpks
3/9/2013, 12:24 AM
Sources confirm that Texas sucks. The rumors were true.

MyT Oklahoma
3/9/2013, 12:28 AM
Woese than 63 to 21? Really?

8timechamps
3/9/2013, 01:27 AM
Just spoke to someone that is far more plugged in than I am (and I am not plugged in to UT athletics, thank God), but apparently this is "major rules violation" type stuff. The university if keeping their lips tight, but this is supposed to come out this weekend. To be clear, I haven't heard anything about an NCAA investigation, but what I am hearing is that Bev Kearney is back, and hell's come with her. Heads will roll, secrets will be exposed, jobs will be lost. A real "Hey, look at us, WE'RE Texas" kind of moment!

Supposedly it involves several sports, and football is one of them (whatever "it" is).

This may end up being the best weekend of the off season!!

swardboy
3/9/2013, 08:35 AM
Gee, I wonder why hornfans is down?

kevpks
3/9/2013, 08:40 AM
It sounds like the LHN could produce some soap operas to go with their riveting programming lineup.

Ruf/Nek7
3/9/2013, 08:41 AM
But its ok, the lhn will save them. What say you herr?

VA Sooner
3/9/2013, 10:03 AM
It sounds like the LHN could produce some soap operas to go with their riveting programming lineup.

Some reality TV now... always good for ratings.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2013, 11:53 AM
But its ok, the lhn will save them. What say you herr?

Sounds like some secrets from Bev. You know as much as I do.

Flagstaffsooner
3/9/2013, 11:56 AM
Long thread at Shaggybevo (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/127623-Twitter-blowing-up-re-major-happenings-in-Athletic-Department)

EatLeadCommie
3/9/2013, 01:50 PM
is this going to be how they get rid of Mack?

SoonerStormchaser
3/9/2013, 02:44 PM
Please God, let them get burned by the NCAA...but KEEP MACK!!!

kevpks
3/9/2013, 03:59 PM
Please God, let them get burned by the NCAA...but KEEP MACK!!!

Yes. I like the consistency that Mack gives their program.

Ruf/Nek7
3/9/2013, 04:35 PM
Still nothing from the 40acres of ****?

bluedogok
3/9/2013, 06:25 PM
Sounds like some secrets from Bev. You know as much as I do.
I got a "that could have something to do with it" from a friend in Austin who is "plugged-in". He said he can't really say anything more than that at this time.

Soonerfan88
3/9/2013, 06:56 PM
Pure rumor and speculation, but supposedly several folks sleeping with students and even talk of a prostitution ring for players and recruits. True or not, this could be really fun to watch.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2013, 07:37 PM
There were rumors of Rick Perry airing dirty laundry in his fight with UT President Powers. We shall see...

cleller
3/9/2013, 07:39 PM
Its been a constant parade of sleeping around among athletic employees and students there for about 3-4 years. Seems like lack of institutional control, oversight, something like that.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2013, 08:17 PM
Its been a constant parade of sleeping around among athletic employees and students there for about 3-4 years.
Really? Do tell.

cleller
3/9/2013, 09:30 PM
Really? Do tell.

Having no real interest in the underachievers down in Austin, the principle way of keeping track of that little fiefdom Dodds runs is when some wave of stupidity or mediocrity makes its way up here.

As far as news goes, the crests that get your attention are things like The Longhorn Network, poor coaching, and endless tales of pecker shaking. Their performance on the field is strictly in the troughs.

8timechamps
3/9/2013, 09:32 PM
Having no real interest in the underachievers down in Austin, the principle way of keeping track of that little fiefdom Dodds runs is when some wave of stupidity or mediocrity makes its way up here.

As far as news goes, the crests that get your attention are things like The Longhorn Network, poor coaching, and endless tales of pecker shaking. Their performance on the field is strictly in the troughs.

Pound for pound, this is maybe the best take on the current state of Texas football. Oustanding work cleller!

Herr Scholz
3/9/2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, still waiting for these "endless tales" and "constant parade". As far as "pecker shaking" goes though, Barry and Larry Lacewell's wife say hi so glass houses and all.

As far as the underachievement of the Longhorns goes, I don't have much to say. Wish we hadn't switched our offense after the '09 title game as it hasn't worked and the past 3 years have been lame. But we're still the last Big XII team to win it all as well as play for it all so that should count for something.

agoo758
3/10/2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, still waiting for these "endless tales" and "constant parade". As far as "pecker shaking" goes though.

Well, we can start here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/01/06/texas-womens-track-coach-bev-kearney-intimate-relationship-with-athlete/1811737/

EatLeadCommie
3/10/2013, 04:16 AM
Yeah, still waiting for these "endless tales" and "constant parade". As far as "pecker shaking" goes though, Barry and Larry Lacewell's wife say hi so glass houses and all.

As far as the underachievement of the Longhorns goes, I don't have much to say. Wish we hadn't switched our offense after the '09 title game as it hasn't worked and the past 3 years have been lame. But we're still the last Big XII team to win it all as well as play for it all so that should count for something.

Texas played for it all the year after we did, and one could argue they should've played for it all the year we did.

boomersooner28
3/10/2013, 07:35 AM
KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD!

Ruf/Nek7
3/10/2013, 08:07 AM
Anybody else remember hearing these rumors about 2 years ago? I am pretty sure there was a thread on here about it. Either way, I remember hearing about Texas using girls to lure in prospects but kind of shook it off until now.

"Getcha popcorn ready! :pop:

Ruf/Nek7
3/10/2013, 08:09 AM
I'm just going to get it started right here. The real rumor is this :Mack the quack Brown and an unknown accomplice killed 5 hookers. 3 transgendered at that.

sooneron
3/10/2013, 08:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Barnett_at_Fiesta_Bowl_cropped.jpg/220px-Barnett_at_Fiesta_Bowl_cropped.jpg

Say what?

cleller
3/10/2013, 08:55 AM

What is this, page 1 from some political handbook? "Step 1: Deny the obvious. Step 2: Bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic and no one gives a crap about."

Either cop to the facts, deal with the here and now, or get out of the way.

If you want to change the topic, we can start a new thread about your horrible and perverted QBs.

ps I don't think Ash is perverted, just horrible. We all know about The Watcher.

BajaOklahoma
3/10/2013, 10:02 AM

So you don't see any difference in two consenting adults in a relationship and an adult/student relationship? Shall we just call you Deloss?

XingTheRubicon
3/10/2013, 10:37 AM

Still sore at Barry kicking DKR's *** out of college football I see.

trwxxa
3/10/2013, 12:43 PM
This should quell the uproar. Unfortunately for this young lady, she was subject to the system instead of the Cleve Bryant golden handshake.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Ex-UT-athletics-staffer-punished-for-voyeurism-4342029.php

XingTheRubicon
3/10/2013, 01:11 PM
Ex-UT athletics staffer punished for voyeurism
March 9, 2013

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A former University of Texas women's track equipment manager has been sentenced to two years in state jail for secretly videotaping a student-athlete as she dressed in a shower locker room.

The Travis County jury deliberated about four hours before giving 32-year-old Rene Zamora the maximum sentence on each of six counts on Friday. The sentences will be served concurrently.

Zamora resigned in September 2010 after a complaint was filed by a track team member.

Zamora was accused of secretly taping at least 11 student-athletes over a three-year period, but was tried for only one of those cases.

Voyeur U.

MyT Oklahoma
3/10/2013, 03:57 PM
Voyeur U.

This thread is worthless without the videos. :devilish:

Keller Sooner
3/10/2013, 04:50 PM
Looks like inappropriate relationships between coaches and students that were lied about... Meh.

Is that wrong?

bluedogok
3/10/2013, 04:56 PM
Forty year old news and there were plenty of things that went on at the 40 Acres in the years since that Royal and Co. (Akers, McWilliams, etc.) didn't want to make the news that he and alumni would be ashamed of. The difference is what is considered "news" now is vastly different than "news" at that time, there weren't 24 hour news networks to fill back then. A lot of things went on back then in every slice of life that people couldn't get by with now because of the media focus.

bluedogok
3/10/2013, 04:59 PM
This should quell the uproar. Unfortunately for this young lady, she was subject to the system instead of the Cleve Bryant golden handshake.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Ex-UT-athletics-staffer-punished-for-voyeurism-4342029.php
Your "she" is actually a "he".

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/ex-ut-equipment-manager-found-guilty-of-improper-p/nWjdp/

trwxxa
3/10/2013, 05:07 PM
Your "she" is actually a "he".

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/ex-ut-equipment-manager-found-guilty-of-improper-p/nWjdp/

Sorry. On the UT campus, it is hard to tell the difference. ;)

Soonerfan88
3/10/2013, 05:34 PM
Anybody else remember hearing these rumors about 2 years ago? I am pretty sure there was a thread on here about it. Either way, I remember hearing about Texas using girls to lure in prospects but kind of shook it off until now.

"Getcha popcorn ready! :pop:

Didn't McFarland include prostitutes along with drugs in that paper he wrote for HS which ended up in the NYT story?

Wishboned
3/10/2013, 06:11 PM
Voyeur U.

That was pretty much the name for the Texas defense during the RRS last year. All they did was stand back and watch.

Sabanball
3/11/2013, 12:07 AM
If Colt hadn't got hurt, these rumors wouldn't have got out.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 09:03 AM
If Colt hadn't got hurt, these rumors wouldn't have got out.

Whatever you say, Albert Means.

jkjsooner
3/11/2013, 09:05 AM

Is all there is? This whole thread was a letdown. It seems that twitter has been as useless as it always is.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 09:09 AM
What is this, page 1 from some political handbook?
Umm, no. You said there was a "constant parade of sleeping around" going on in Austin. I asked you to back that up. You still haven't. That was the extent of it.

olevetonahill
3/11/2013, 09:09 AM
Is all there is? This whole thread was a letdown. It seems that twitter has been as useless as it always is.

No Kidding. Hell I was wantin to hear about Mack an VY in a Love triangle with Colt.

olevetonahill
3/11/2013, 09:11 AM
Umm, no. You said there was a "constant parade of sleeping around" going on in Austin. I asked you to back that up. You still haven't. That was the extent of it.

You tryin to say Peeps dont **** in Austin? Now I know fer a fact yer a Lying assed whorn.:tennis:

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 09:12 AM
Ha. Got me there. But I was referring to his coaches/students comment.

olevetonahill
3/11/2013, 09:27 AM
Ha. Got me there. But I was referring to his coaches/students comment.

:congratulatory:

cleller
3/11/2013, 09:28 AM

Cleve
Bev
Major

Every year a coach in the headlines for banging/stalking students. Does that just sound like a healthy way of running an Athletic Dept to you? Or are you just waiting for an literal, non-ceasing parade thru the streets of Austin to admit what everyone else sees?

Guess you're desensitized from being buried into the horned atmosphere. When you have to have a special regents meeting just to address the issue, there is a problem. If they put that kinda effort into coaching, maybe there wouldn't be so many fingers pointing at Texas all the time.

Who knows what all was going on with Cleve and his silly Angels and Gabriels, or whatever that bunch of groupies is called. That guy would never pass the "Does this man look like a perverted little degenerate?" test on any other campus.

sooneron
3/11/2013, 10:01 AM
So you don't see any difference in two consenting adults in a relationship and an adult/student relationship? Shall we just call you Deloss?

Not for nothing, but last time I checked, college students were considered adults, legally-speaking. Is a coach/student or teacher/student hook up ethical? No, especially in contracts or codes of conduct.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 10:11 AM
Cleve
Bev
Major

OK. But I wouldn't consider these 3 instances over several years to be some kind of Roman orgy like you were insinuating. Granted Old Freak Nasty was pretty bad but Major had a one night hookup and Bev was in a relationship. Not earth shattering IMHO.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 10:17 AM
When you have to have a special regents meeting just to address the issue, there is a problem.
That was a political move by Rick Perry and his handpicked Board of Regent members the weekend before football signing day to have that "emergency" BOR meeting on an issue that had been handled years before. It was unnecessary and simply a smear campaign/bad PR by the head aggy in charge.

Fraggle145
3/11/2013, 11:12 AM
OK. But I wouldn't consider these 3 instances over several years to be some kind of Roman orgy like you were insinuating. Granted Old Freak Nasty was pretty bad but Major had a one night hookup and Bev was in a relationship. Not earth shattering IMHO.

Not to mention McCoy and Hicks... there's 4 sexual instances in the news with UT in the last few years.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/11/2013, 11:35 AM
With Mike Stoops on our staff, I won't say anything about other teams having coaches that have chased co-eds around.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/11/2013, 11:40 AM
BTW, I don't believe he is still doing that...

XingTheRubicon
3/11/2013, 12:03 PM
BTW, I don't believe he is still doing that...

I've been out with the guys 2 times in the past 2 years and one of them, Mike was there. Dan O'Briens in Edmond, back in July of '12. I've met him before, he always seems nice and all...btw, he was chasin'. I was behaving.

70sooner
3/11/2013, 12:19 PM
Not to mention McCoy and Hicks... there's 4 sexual instances in the news with UT in the last few years.

ya, but young McCoy was just watching, ya know???

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 12:41 PM
What? You mean college kids hook up? Wow!

Thought we were talking about coaches here.

sooneron
3/11/2013, 01:19 PM
Face it, Herr. The 40 acres resembles a scene from Caligula. Just move on... :D

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 01:23 PM
Oh well.

Spray
3/11/2013, 02:04 PM
Herr brings up a legit point about Switzer. It just goes to show we even do scandal better than the Horns.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 02:14 PM
Herr brings up a legit point about Switzer. It just goes to show we even do scandal better than the Horns.
Right? This thing is dragging out. Apparently we can't even pull off a good scandal anymore.

Fraggle145
3/11/2013, 02:15 PM
What? You mean college kids hook up? Wow!

Thought we were talking about coaches here.

You were. I was talking about UTerus in general. When you get sent home for hooking up its a bit different... It was national news.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 02:20 PM
You were. I was talking about UTerus in general. When you get sent home for hooking up its a bit different... It was national news.

And how about now? Don't think there were any charges filed on that one.

Fraggle145
3/11/2013, 03:08 PM
And how about now? Don't think there were any charges filed on that one.

Was just pointing out that UT made the news for "pecker shaking" again. The result of the pecker shaking is irrelevant.

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 03:26 PM
Duly noted. One of our LBs got laid by a drunk girl. Earth shattering news.

olevetonahill
3/11/2013, 03:30 PM

While yer Goofy assed backup QB watched. :tennis:

Fraggle145
3/11/2013, 04:03 PM

According to TXPN and pretty much every major news outlet it was... Also you left out the most important part. Vet made sure you remembered.

jkjsooner
3/11/2013, 04:04 PM
I have to say, all this talk about major violations at UT got me worried. I don't like Texas as much as the next guy but with the way things are going as of late, A&M is primed to dominate that state if Texas fell on hard times. I'd much rather have a program that we play (and thus can beat) dominate Texas recruiting than a team we don't play.

Plus, A&M is just pathetic. They think that a little conference move trumps the fact that both us and Texas have dominated them and have a much more storied history than they have.

Fraggle145
3/11/2013, 04:07 PM

Geez, i wonder if she goes out with one of the "Yankees"?

Richard? Who's your favorite little rascal? Alfalfa or is it Spanky?

http://hooperworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/dtv-tommyboy.jpg

Herr Scholz
3/11/2013, 05:53 PM
I have no comeback for this.

olevetonahill
3/11/2013, 06:23 PM
I have no comeback for this.

LOL.:congratulatory:

I Am Right
3/11/2013, 06:41 PM
Must have missed it!

8timechamps
3/11/2013, 08:50 PM
Right? This thing is dragging out. Apparently we can't even pull off a good scandal anymore.

Until you can include automatic machine gun fire and your star QB on the cover of SI for selling to the DEA, you are in the minor leagues of scandal.

pphilfran
3/11/2013, 09:01 PM
Until you can include automatic machine gun fire and your star QB on the cover of SI for selling to the DEA, you are in the minor leagues of scandal.
That whole deal still boggles my mind...

I knew a couple of Charles' brothers from baseball and softball...they might have smoked a little pot and dipped a lot of Skoal but overall they were great guys and teammates...I never saw anything that would have me ever imagine what went on in Norman....

EatLeadCommie
3/11/2013, 09:22 PM
Can we just delete this thread? This is kind of like showing up to an orgy and waiting 4 days for the girls to show up.

cleller
3/12/2013, 07:08 AM
Can we just delete this thread? This is kind of like showing up to an orgy and waiting 4 days for the girls to show up.

Almost forgot about that part of it.

In the meantime, is there anyway to roll Mack Brown, Cleve, Bev, Major, The Watcher, The Peepshow trainer, The Longhorn Network, The Wonderlic Wonder, and the weeping Longhorn players into one comic situation- all while Kevin Sumlin knocks them down and steals their recruits?

To be honest, Sumlin is not only stealing UTs recruits.

KantoSooner
3/12/2013, 08:26 AM
Well, we could dress them up and have them put on The Pirates of Penzance on the lawn in front of the belltower.

I'm just thinkin'

Midtowner
3/12/2013, 09:03 AM
This thread:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/4/4d/Charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

olevetonahill
3/12/2013, 09:39 AM

And the Only girl who shows is Sic em.

prrriiide
3/12/2013, 11:14 AM
And the Only girl who shows is Sic em.
Well, someone​ has to take the facial.

Soonerjeepman
3/12/2013, 12:14 PM
Well, someone​ has to take the facial.

lol...

C&CDean
3/12/2013, 09:07 PM
Dude, Barry and Larry happened before you were ****tin' yella. Mack is now.

bluedogok
3/12/2013, 10:05 PM
Not the "big news" but more stuff goin' on down there.

Statesman.com - Horns receiver Jones suspended after aggravated assault charge (http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/longhorns-wide-receiver-jones-suspended-from-team-/nWqGk/)

MyT Oklahoma
3/12/2013, 10:57 PM
Nothing like watching our dear Southern neighbors twisting in the wind.

Is this a great country or what?

Fraggle145
3/15/2013, 03:52 PM
So I guess this was all hat and no cattle eh?

Scott D
3/15/2013, 07:15 PM

I fail to see what Leslie Miles has to do with this.

Herr Scholz
3/16/2013, 12:07 AM
Yep. Still waiting.

StoopTroup
3/16/2013, 01:30 AM
UT has a Football Program? Who knew?