PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown Still Trying to Mimic Alabama

Sabanball
3/8/2013, 12:33 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but wanna see what the real problem is, Mac? Look in the mirror.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/-Texas-hires-away-Patrick-Suddes-from-Alabamas-staff-17312887/1

badger
3/8/2013, 12:44 PM
I know you have three crystal balls now and all, but don't forget you're only one head coach removed from Shula and two from "Oh it's rolling baby" Price.

If Saban's your only guy left after everyone leaves for better pay and opportunities, he's not a bad guy to have left... but he's left other programs before. And support staff helped him get those three balls.

Don't press the panic button yet, but don't get too far away from it either

KantoSooner
3/8/2013, 02:38 PM
At this stage, the only thing that stops Saban is himself. When he burns out (and it's a question of when, not if; though that day may be years in the future. He's just wound too tight to not burn out someday), he'll just leave. And it will be as difficult to replace him as it is any iconic coach. I don't think it will be any time soon and there's nothing you can do about it. So enjoy the now.
You guys have the best coach, maybe, who's ever been.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2013, 04:00 PM
Mack has acknowledged Saban was the one to emulate with the new recruiting rules and bigger staffs. I'm sure you'll be fine after this departure, Sabanball. No need to get all pissy about it.

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 04:21 PM
Who GAS what Mack Or Nicky do?

oudanny
3/8/2013, 04:47 PM
I thought texas was already getting some of the top recruits. The problem is, they don't know how to coach them. I don't think a director of recruting operations is going to change that.

Soonerjeepman
3/8/2013, 04:52 PM
I thought this was an OKLAHOMA SOONERS board?

although, I do find it humorous when mack and ut crap on themselves, and recognize saban as the modern era coach..(honestly think his tactics are a bit callous)..I still don't understand WHY you would post that on THIS board...go to the horn board.

rock on sooner
3/8/2013, 04:59 PM
Who GAS what Mack Or Nicky do?

Onliest ones I can think of are Mack and Nicky.....:highly_amused:

Scott D
3/8/2013, 05:09 PM
God Sabanball makes me wish for cap to return.

Wishboned
3/8/2013, 05:19 PM
Go find an Alabama board and **** yourself with it.

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 05:27 PM
Onliest ones I can think of are Mack and Nicky.....:highly_amused:

Agreed

Lets not get TOO carried away here

Go find an Alabama board and **** yourself with it.

Agreed

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/8/2013, 05:35 PM
We have the lsu deek guy, and several orange aggy as well. They would all be more valued as participants on their own message boards, but it seems they aren't satisfied just to talk among their own.

Soonerwake
3/8/2013, 06:12 PM
I have been trying to get them to leave for years.

Sabanball
3/8/2013, 06:51 PM

Who's cap?

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 06:56 PM
Who's cap?

A whorn that Scott evidently likes moren YOU.

Sabanball
3/8/2013, 06:58 PM

oh well we can't have that, now can we?

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 07:14 PM
oh well we can't have that, now can we?

Well at least he dint say he would rather have Leroy Lizard back than you, so ya got that going fer ya.

soonerhubs
3/8/2013, 09:43 PM
I miss Nick!

fwsooner22
3/8/2013, 09:46 PM
Sabanball we take of Mac and the horns OUr own way every year. We darn sure dont need a ctider providing commentary on them on our own board

sooneron
3/8/2013, 10:24 PM
LL. I forgot about him. Cap was ok. Lid not so much as he was a ***** as well as couchman.

Wishboned
3/8/2013, 11:03 PM
Well at least he dint say he would rather have Leroy Lizard back than you, so ya got that going fer ya.

Hell I'd rather have Leroy back. He was an idiot, but at least he wasn't a SEC cum guzzler.

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 11:24 PM
Hell I'd rather have Leroy back. He was an idiot, but at least he wasn't a SEC cum guzzler.

I dont know we got 2 that are just as dumb as he was now

Wishboned
3/8/2013, 11:28 PM
I dont know we got 2 that are just as dumb as he was now

And I'd take them over (lick)Saban'sballs any day of the week.

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 11:51 PM
And I'd take them over (lick)Saban'sballs any day of the week.

I dont know. I aint so sure about that. matlock is pretty ****in weird and that Pill thing is worse.

Wishboned
3/8/2013, 11:56 PM
I dont know. I aint so sure about that. matlock is pretty ****in weird and that Pill thing is worse.

As bad as they are (and I have no problem with the one who isn't a lawyer, but I don't have the personal history you do with him) they are Sooner fans, and not pieces of Alabama **** that resemble something you would find on the floor of an all night peep show.

3/9/2013, 01:06 AM
As bad as they are...they are Sooner fans, and not pieces of Alabama **** that resemble something you would find on the floor of an all night peep show.The other schoolers just like to annoy people, it seems.

Wishboned
3/9/2013, 02:20 AM
The other schoolers just like to annoy people, it seems.

I guess they have to take a break from being the pivot man in the SEC circle jerk they're in. I just wish they would clean off their mess before they bothered to post.

sendbaht
3/9/2013, 06:33 AM
"Mack again you team this year 2013 went 6/4 why? "because we changed to the hurry up...it takes about 2 years to get it right"

Scott D
3/9/2013, 11:02 AM

let's not get carried away with that whole usage of the word like. I've been saying a lot of things this week that make me feel filthier than a saigon whore.

olevetonahill
3/9/2013, 11:19 AM
let's not get carried away with that whole usage of the word like. I've been saying a lot of things this week that make me feel filthier than a saigon whore.

Tolerates? hows that?

olevetonahill
3/9/2013, 11:20 AM
Endures? Suffers less with?

Scott D
3/9/2013, 11:26 AM
tolerates works

olevetonahill
3/9/2013, 11:33 AM
tolerates works

Heh,

jkjsooner
3/9/2013, 09:38 PM
Can't someone be banned for making too many off-topic posts? I mean, what if I filled this board with posts about the intricacies of basket weaving.

I'd much rather have a Bama fan posting trash on OU. At least it would be on-topic and actually less arrogant. I can't think of anything more arrogant than thinking we want to see Alabama posts daily.

8timechamps
3/9/2013, 09:48 PM
Can't someone be banned for making too many off-topic posts? I mean, what if I filled this board with posts about the intricacies of basket weaving.

I'd much rather have a Bama fan posting trash on OU. At least it would be on-topic and actually less arrogant. I can't think of anything more arrogant than thinking we want to see Alabama posts daily.

Banned? That's a stretch. If this were during the football season, and someone started posting 100 threads about something off topic, then it would be addressed. It's the off season, this board is dead (as usual in the off season), so it isn't an issue.

Also, I get that some of you hate when people from other fan bases post here, but I think it adds to the place. There are some of the "enemy" that I actually like, and have offered up plenty of good football talk. Hell, there are some folks here that are die hard Sooner fans that I can hardly tolerate. It doesn't hurt my feelings if a fan from another team wants to pop in once in a while. So long as it's respectful, then go for it.

3/9/2013, 11:23 PM
Banned? That's a stretch. If this were during the football season, and someone started posting 100 threads about something off topic, then it would be addressed. It's the off season, this board is dead (as usual in the off season), so it isn't an issue.

Also, I get that some of you hate when people from other fan bases post here, but I think it adds to the place. There are some of the "enemy" that I actually like, and have offered up plenty of good football talk. Hell, there are some folks here that are die hard Sooner fans that I can hardly tolerate. It doesn't hurt my feelings if a fan from another team wants to pop in once in a while. So long as it's respectful, then go for it.Whose feelings are hurt? It's just mildly annoying, and that is apparently what they want it to be.

Ruf/Nek7
3/10/2013, 08:26 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QotCMjjvAQI/URXGEiAJf3I/AAAAAAAAA8E/v_R9X8fa79c/s1600/burn_the_witch.jpg

I know sabanball is not a she but you get the point.

jkjsooner
3/10/2013, 10:41 AM
Also, I get that some of you hate when people from other fan bases post here, but I think it adds to the place.
If it's remotely relevant to OU - whether good or bad - then I say go for it but this isn't the place for constant praising of Saban. It drives me crazy that he thinks we give a crap.

olevetonahill
3/10/2013, 11:22 AM
If it's remotely relevant to OU - whether good or bad - then I say go for it but this isn't the place for constant praising of Saban. It drives me crazy that he thinks we give a crap.

Theres this real Neat Board feature that you can use, Its Called "Ignore"
Im with 8tc, I dont really mind the Other fans unless they get to acting like asshats.

jkjsooner
3/10/2013, 07:14 PM
Theres this real Neat Board feature that you can use, Its Called "Ignore"
Im with 8tc, I dont really mind the Other fans unless they get to acting like asshats.

True, but I'll still know (or assume) he's out there posting about Bama. I suppose I'd rather know how annoying he is than not know, if that makes any sense.

8timechamps
3/10/2013, 08:36 PM
Whose feelings are hurt? It's just mildly annoying, and that is apparently what they want it to be.

Nobody's (that I know of). I was just adding my 2¢