PDA

View Full Version : Increased Oil Production in the US

sappstuf
3/8/2013, 07:18 AM
A new report from the Congressional Research Office shows where the increased production has come from. It isn't from the government as Obama has tried to take credit for....

On non-federal lands, there were modest fluctuations in oil production from fiscal years (FY) 2008-2010, then a significant increase from FY2010 to FY2012 increasing total U.S. oil production by about 1.1 million barrels per day over FY2007 production levels. All of the increase from FY2007 to FY2012 took place on non-federal lands, and the federal share of total U.S. crude oil production fell by about seven percentage points.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/files/20130228CRSreport.pdf

okie52
3/8/2013, 07:32 AM
A new report from the Congressional Research Office shows where the increased production has come from. It isn't from the government as Obama has tried to take credit for....

http://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/files/20130228CRSreport.pdf

A fact that sailed over most Americans heads.

badger
3/8/2013, 09:24 AM
The price is high now. It would be foolish to not get on the oil bandwagon when the price is high. When barrels fall to the $20s range again would be the time to cap the wells

cleller
3/8/2013, 09:26 AM
The price is high now. It would be foolish to not get on the oil bandwagon when the price is high. When barrels fall to the $20s range again would be the time to cap the wells

When has the fact that something is "foolish" stopped certain folks in Washington from wasting our money on it?

FaninAma
3/8/2013, 10:12 AM
Why does Obama hate the poor and want gas prices to stay high?

badger
3/8/2013, 10:18 AM
When has the fact that something is "foolish" stopped certain folks in Washington from wasting our money on it?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but dag nabbit, it sure seemed like a good thing that was intended! :P

Why does Obama hate the poor and want gas prices to stay high?

lol, but maybe we should blame those non-Americans that are using tons of oil now that didn't used to, driving the demand (and thus, the price) higher.

I still remember my parents fuming at gas prices going up from its now $1.20s range to the $1.30s range briefly during the Clinton admin era. Oh, if they (and everyone else) knew what was coming...

StoopTroup
3/8/2013, 03:06 PM
I know many folks want that pipeline built but what would happen if say we built a new state of the art refinery at the Port of Catoosa?

Would Natural Gas producers be happy or sad?

Would it be worth investing in one for the good of our State's Future?

Skysooner
3/8/2013, 03:37 PM
I know many folks want that pipeline built but what would happen if say we built a new state of the art refinery at the Port of Catoosa?

Would it be worth investing in one for the good of our State's Future?

The pipeline is built to bring Canadian heavy crude to the Gulf where the refineries have all of the equipment to deal with that kind of crude.

If we built a refinery at Catoosa, it would primarily be for light, sweet crude which is what we are producing from the new shale and tight reservoirs that we are able to access now. Bulding it for sour crude would cost much more, and it would be unnecessary.

Natural gas and oil typically serve different sectors of energy needs. It wouldn't bother natural gas folks in the least to have a refinery in Catoosa.

REDREX
3/8/2013, 04:03 PM

Would it be worth investing in one for the good of our State's Future?---No one has built a new refinery in over 30 years---Too much red tape and very expensive

okie52
3/8/2013, 04:06 PM
---No one has built a new refinery in over 30 years---Too much red tape and very expensive

Kinda like nukes...

StoopTroup
3/8/2013, 04:17 PM
---No one has built a new refinery in over 30 years---Too much red tape and very expensive

Ummmm.....I know. My Best Man at my Wedding...his Father was one of the guys that was a part of those refineries 30 years ago. He died with a deal on the table for a new one in China.

IMO....it's time someone try and put another one together in the US. Of course....the Red Tape and Lobbying that would go on makes the expense even worse.

BTW....it's still something I think would get Oklahoma back on the map. I grew up believing we were the "Oil Capital of the World". When so many Companies left for Houston....it was heartbreaking to see how it affected so many good folks here and around the State. It's when I made the move to the Airline.

okie52
3/8/2013, 04:23 PM
Ummmm.....I know. My Best Man at my Wedding...his Father was one of the guys that was a part of those refineries 30 years ago. He died with a deal on the table for a new one in China.

IMO....it's time someone try and put another one together in the US. Of course....the Red Tape and Lobbying that would go on makes the expense even worse.

BTW....it's still something I think would get Oklahoma back on the map. I grew up believing we were the "Oil Capital of the World". When so many Companies left for Houston....it was heartbreaking to see how it affected so many good folks here and around the State. It's when I made the move to the Airline.

Not that another one wouldn't help but we already have 5-6 refineries in OK now. Ponca city, Bartlesville, Tulsa, Wynnewood, Ardmore and maybe Cushing (can't remember).

Soonerjeepman
3/8/2013, 04:47 PM
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but dag nabbit, it sure seemed like a good thing that was intended! :P

lol, but maybe we should blame those non-Americans that are using tons of oil now that didn't used to, driving the demand (and thus, the price) higher.

I still remember my parents fuming at gas prices going up from its now $1.20s range to the $1.30s range briefly during the Clinton admin era. Oh, if they (and everyone else) knew what was coming...

lol. I remember my dad complaining from 50 cent to 65 cent...and I'm not that old~

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 05:14 PM
lol. I remember my dad complaining from 50 cent to 65 cent...and I'm not that old~

Hell I remember ME bitchin when it went to 30 cent

pphilfran
3/8/2013, 05:29 PM
I can remember 30 cents...but every once in a while a gas war would erupt and bargains would abound...

olevetonahill
3/8/2013, 05:32 PM
I can remember 30 cents...but every once in a while a gas war would erupt and bargains would abound...

Yup , when I was in High school it was around a quarter a gallon The cheapest I ever bot it that I can remember was 19Cents over here at a small station in Panama. Prolly one of the last gas wars

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/8/2013, 06:02 PM
Was in the 20-29 cent range in the early 1970's.Then the OPECers colluded to raise the prices, and it's been going up since then, for various reasons..

radio
3/8/2013, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=REDREX;3594899]---No one has built a new refinery in over 30 years---Too much red tape and very expensive[/QUOTE

The big thing to worry about is the consolidation in the industry...Hundreds in the 80s less in 90s...in a few years there will only be a hand full. Then watch the price.
The same thing is happening in all other industries. Regulate the little guys out of business so the big fish can gobble em all up. When done jack up prices.
Clean Air Act...MSAT...MSAT2 and on and on. They are now splitting hairs. Fing Oligarchs

They wont ever build a new one. Just keep slappin shiny new insulation and "new" nameplates on equipment for increased charge at plants still running.