PDA

View Full Version : This article On Zimmerman brings up an interestin thot

olevetonahill
3/6/2013, 09:10 PM
Are you Insured ? If you fire that weapon maybe you should be. Check it out.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gun-owners-lawyering-even-shots-fired-191305639.html

soonercruiser
3/6/2013, 10:48 PM
Yup!
USCCA!
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

StoopTroup
3/6/2013, 10:59 PM
Duh?

olevetonahill
3/7/2013, 01:49 AM
Duh?

Brilliant Just A Brilliant response.

KABOOKIE
3/7/2013, 11:36 AM
In my CCH class the instructor spent quite a bit on this. Said to expect to spend $20-30 thousand in legal defense for a justified shooting.

StoopTroup
3/7/2013, 01:29 PM
In my CCH class the instructor spent quite a bit on this. Said to expect to spend $20-30 thousand in legal defense for a justified shooting.

Same here. If that doesn't make one have a bit of pause to make sure they make a very good decision in less than a split second...I don't know what would.

I've taken the classes as well. I'm guessing Vet hasn't by the post that speaks of such a post shooting expense. If I'm wrong and he has....sorry.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/7/2013, 02:57 PM
Just one more reason to make sure when you use a gun in self defense, make real sure the perp does not leave your house or property alive...

StoopTroup
3/7/2013, 03:13 PM
I think it still possible that if the perp has Family or was part of an organized gang that you still might face a legal battle.

KABOOKIE
3/7/2013, 03:35 PM
The dead perp could be a complete loaner. If the DA in your county is a big dick he can press charges and you'll spend that on some late night TV lawyer just to defend yourself.

Turd_Ferguson
3/7/2013, 04:05 PM
"If you cannot afford and attorney, one will be appointed to you"...

KABOOKIE
3/7/2013, 04:10 PM

If you have Internet access, I'm almost certain a judge will not allow you the use of a public defender. Financial disclosure is a bitch.

Midtowner
3/7/2013, 04:12 PM
If you have Internet access, I'm almost certain a judge will not allow you the use of a public defender. Financial disclosure is a bitch.

If you cannot afford bail, the rule of thumb is, you cannot afford an attorney. If you are able to bond out, good luck getting the Judge to appoint the PD's office.

cleller
3/7/2013, 05:44 PM

You're on your own for that wrongful death/severe emotional distress/who's gonna pay my bills lawsuit.