PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Hughes leaves the team....

Salt City Sooner
3/5/2013, 06:24 PM
https://twitter.com/SoonerScoop

EatLeadCommie
3/5/2013, 06:37 PM
another OL...only now we're so thin that the ones leaving are ones I've never heard of

EatLeadCommie
3/5/2013, 06:40 PM
I see now he was recruited as a DL, another position we're thin at.

VA Sooner
3/5/2013, 07:26 PM
Need to bring more big boys in to the program and coach them either way... way too thin on both sides. New coaches should help but that's next year.

goingoneight
3/5/2013, 08:42 PM
Didn't catch on with the DL and couldn't get on the field as an OL. That + coaching changes and philosophy changes... not a surprise.

8timechamps
3/5/2013, 08:43 PM
Didn't catch on with the DL and couldn't get on the field as an OL. That + coaching changes and philosophy changes... not a surprise.

Agreed. Nothing to see here...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/6/2013, 12:29 PM
Oh no..

BoomerJ
3/6/2013, 02:49 PM
Could it be that the guy just couldn't put on the weight to play the position?

Tear Down This Wall
3/6/2013, 04:49 PM
2011 Signees - 17: 9 gone, 8 still here

DT Marquis Anderson - gone
RB Brandon Williams - gone
DE Nathan Hughes - gone
WR Kameel Jackson - gone
DE/TE Dan Tapko - gone
TE Max Stevenson - gone
RB Danzel Williams - gone
OL Dylan Dismuke - gone
CB Bennett Okotcha - gone

QB Kendal Thompson - here
WR Troy Metoyer - here
LB P.L. Lindley - here
DT Jordan Wade - here
DT Jordan Phillips - here
OL Derek Farniok - here
S Frank Shannon - here
OL Nila Kasitati - here

KantoSooner
3/6/2013, 05:16 PM
Now, help me understand. Does that mean that we can go out and recruit, immediately, another Juco guy (assuming there's one we want)? To fill the 'space'?

8timechamps
3/6/2013, 05:35 PM
Now, help me understand. Does that mean that we can go out and recruit, immediately, another Juco guy (assuming there's one we want)? To fill the 'space'?

Yep.

KantoSooner
3/6/2013, 05:51 PM
Well, then I hope Coach Bedenbough (sp?) is even now, on the phone to SW Pacific Junior College in American Samoa, looking to see if 'Tiny' Poalomu has gotten cleared for that misunderstanding last New Years Eve when he got in that fight with the entire Aussie Rugby Team over who got the last beer.
Ugly thing. Could have been an international incident, what with the broken bones and biting and all.

8timechamps
3/6/2013, 05:55 PM
Well, then I hope Coach Bedenbough (sp?) is even now, on the phone to SW Pacific Junior College in American Samoa, looking to see if 'Tiny' Poalomu has gotten cleared for that misunderstanding last New Years Eve when he got in that fight with the entire Aussie Rugby Team over who got the last beer.
Ugly thing. Could have been an international incident, what with the broken bones and biting and all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are searching for another JUCO lineman. The problem is, it's so late in the cycle, the best of the JUCO guys are probably already gone. Then you have to decide if you want to bring in a 'project' to add depth, or take your chances and add the extra scholarship to the 2014 class.

KantoSooner
3/6/2013, 06:00 PM
There has to be a brooding young man mountain somewhere with an only slightly controlled urge to manslaughter in his personality.

We must find him.

8timechamps
3/6/2013, 07:10 PM
There has to be a brooding young man mountain somewhere with an only slightly controlled urge to manslaughter in his personality.

We must find him.

I like the way you think.

Seriously, I see these JUCO guys that are like 6'5" 330 lbs, and I wonder why none of the big schools offer. Maybe it's academics, or the guy is a troublemaker. Otherwise, I don't know why you wouldn't bring a guy like that in to add depth. Even if he's a sloth, you could stick him on the PAT team and use him as a human shield in practice.

Scott D
3/6/2013, 09:55 PM
I like the way you think.

Seriously, I see these JUCO guys that are like 6'5" 330 lbs, and I wonder why none of the big schools offer. Maybe it's academics, or the guy is a troublemaker. Otherwise, I don't know why you wouldn't bring a guy like that in to add depth. Even if he's a sloth, you could stick him on the PAT team and use him as a human shield in practice.

Well we know why they can't sign Phillip Finch.

StoopTroup
3/6/2013, 10:31 PM
We're Doomed.

8timechamps
3/6/2013, 10:40 PM
Well we know why they can't sign Phillip Finch.

If only we had Goldie on the coaching staff!

KantoSooner
3/7/2013, 09:49 AM
I think we should get Sandra Bullock to run recruiting for us. She did great with Michael Oher.

Ruf/Nek7
3/7/2013, 10:47 AM
I think we should get Sandra Bullock to run recruiting for us. She did great with Michael Oher.

And she is good eye candy.

High_Plains_Boomer
3/7/2013, 11:05 AM

We must find him.

Son of Kasey Studdard

EatLeadCommie
3/7/2013, 11:57 AM
2011 Signees - 17: 9 gone, 8 still here

DT Marquis Anderson - gone
RB Brandon Williams - gone
DE Nathan Hughes - gone
WR Kameel Jackson - gone
DE/TE Dan Tapko - gone
TE Max Stevenson - gone
RB Danzel Williams - gone
OL Dylan Dismuke - gone
CB Bennett Okotcha - gone

QB Kendal Thompson - here
WR Troy Metoyer - here
LB P.L. Lindley - here
DT Jordan Wade - here
DT Jordan Phillips - here
OL Derek Farniok - here
S Frank Shannon - here
OL Nila Kasitati - here

That is really quite remarkable.

BoomerJ
3/7/2013, 12:33 PM
We just offered a new BIG tackle out of Florida (6' 9", 306lbs). Says he will take an official to OU. Bedenbaugh has just started recruiting him with some help from Montgomery, who already had a relationship while at Michigan.

I'd say save the scholly for next season. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I think we're going to see more quality in next years class. We'll have five tackles this year (one true freshman). However, if I'm not mistaken, Kyle Marrs (redshirt freshman), although listed as a guard, was a pretty impressive tackle in highschool.

BoomerJack
3/7/2013, 03:21 PM

I bet those poor Aussies never stood a chance.

Salt City Sooner
3/7/2013, 03:26 PM
And she is good eye candy.
Yeah, but she's 48. Wasn't one of the big ideas of this off-season to get younger blood on staff? :P