PDA

View Full Version : So, Government Deficit Spending + Fed Printing Are Doing Wonders For The Middle Class

FaninAma
3/5/2013, 11:45 AM
Not so much really. Wall Street is doing great and that is all that should matter....right?

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/dow-hits-time-high-next-lofty-stock-market-161851791.html;_ylt=AgBeoXvF5tLnc.k3kaW2jlyiuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTN1cmtjbG1pBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIE1lZ2F0cm 9uIDIEcGtnA2UxYjBkYTY1LTY4YTQtM2E2Yy1hZTlhLWM5NjZl ZTRmMDU0YgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2U0MjllOD cxLTg1YjYtMTFlMi1iZTczLTZiNjRhMWUzM2JkMQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Bourbon St Sooner
3/5/2013, 01:36 PM
The economy's in the crapper and the Dow is at it's highest level ever. No bubble here.

Maybe fraggle can come tell us how these policies are helping our wealth disribution.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/5/2013, 01:56 PM
The economy's in the crapper and the Dow is at it's highest level ever. No bubble here.

Maybe fraggle can come tell us how these policies are helping our wealth distribution. haha.Mo money, mo money.Give us more, Fed! It's RILLY going to help things out!:nightmare::shame::tyrannosaurus:

FaninAma
3/5/2013, 03:26 PM
I don't really understand why the Fed thinks inflating bubbles is the way to power the economy toward real growth. All I can see happenng is a widening income distribution gap and allowing the government to consume more and more of the nation's GDP.

SoonerorLater
3/5/2013, 03:49 PM
I don't really understand why the Fed thinks inflating bubbles is the way to power the economy toward real growth. All I can see happenng is a widening income distribution gap and allowing the government to consume more and more of the nation's GDP.

At this point I don't believe they are even thinking about powering the economy towards real growth. They are trying to keep the roof from caving in by keeping insolvent institutions afloat at the largess of the American Taxpayer.

cleller
3/5/2013, 06:23 PM
That video wealth distribution pointed out that the top 1% of wealthy Americans own 50% of all the stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.

You could argue that the current policy seems to have been crafted specifically to benefit that 1%. At least that's what you'd be hearing day in and day out if a Republican were in the White House. The Dems would be screaming bloody murder. Obama would have gone hoarse criticizing it.