PDA

View Full Version : So proud of Sherri and her guys

stoopified
3/5/2013, 07:37 AM
Ever since Whitney went down there has been nothing but doom and gloom srrounding our fairer sex hardwood warriors.With only 8 scholly players left,the wholeworld seemed convinced OU was headed to the cellar. It seemed I could not read an article,internet thread,or listen to any discussion of Sooner women's hoops on radio or in person where ANYONE thought OU would manage a winning league record,much less make the NCAA postseason. If this season doesn't comvince the doubters just how good a coach Sherri is,then that person must be braindead.

Have to also salute the players as well.Joanna battled her guts out,finally was able to get healthy and stay on the court and guess what? She is a pretty good ballplayer. Griffin I think has proven she is not just tall,but can play and more importantly compete. She will never be confused with Griner but is a solid player. Morgan Hook has shown she could end up as one of OU's best point guards ever.Vegas is on track to rewrite all OU's 3 point records and always seems to come up clutch.The other guys have pitched in here and there and this group produced a chicken salad season out of a pile of chicken manure.

OU68
3/5/2013, 09:04 AM
This +1000 ^^^^^^^^^^^

MsProudSooner
3/5/2013, 09:50 AM
This team is held together with duct tape, baling wire and most of all - heart.

tycat947
3/5/2013, 12:55 PM
This team is held together with duct tape, baling wire and most of all - heart.

+1!

StoopTroup
3/5/2013, 02:37 PM
Chicken Manure....lol

Soonerjeepman
3/5/2013, 05:18 PM
I was one that thought it would be a rough go...the team has done well. Hopefully win a few games in the tourney and finish the season strong.

stoopified
3/5/2013, 08:53 PM
This team is held together with duct tape, baling wire and most of all - heart.I thik it is more medical tape and ace bandages along with heart.

stoopified
3/26/2013, 03:30 PM
Have to amit Sherri and her guys surprised even me by making the Sweet 16.I look back at Sherri's career and I think it is easy to take for granted just how good,no make that great a coach she is.She is finishing her 17th season at OU and currently has a 381-179 career mark with 14 staright NCAA trips.Her first 3 seasons OU was 28-65 as Coach Coale perfoemed CPR on the women's basketball program,bringing it back from the brink of death.OU women's hoops have 27 all-time NCAA wins,24 under Coale.

Why does she win? She certainly doesn't have the best talent,but she does have talent on her team that plays hard ,for HER. Don't know why I wAS PLEASENTLY SURPRISED WE MADE THE sWEET 16,hopefully I will be surprised again this week.