PDA

View Full Version : Deondre Clark

jk the sooner fan
2/28/2013, 09:13 PM
anybody have the 411 on the "drama" with Clark and OU - seeing comments on twitter

8timechamps
2/28/2013, 09:19 PM
anybody have the 411 on the "drama" with Clark and OU - seeing comments on twitter

What are you seeing? (I'm not on Twitter)

He just got an offer this week, so wonder what's up.

jk the sooner fan
2/28/2013, 09:21 PM
"drama between clarke and OU", with a link to rivals - i dont have a subscription

8timechamps
2/28/2013, 09:22 PM
"drama between clarke and OU", with a link to rivals - i dont have a subscription

Me either, but I'll check around and report any findings.

Salt City Sooner
2/28/2013, 10:56 PM
Wants to play out of state, period. Top 5 are Ole Miss, South Carolina, UGA, A&M, & LSU.

stoopified
3/1/2013, 07:24 AM
Wants to play out of state, period. Top 5 are Ole Miss, South Carolina, UGA, A&M, & LSU.Yup,heard Hale's radio interview with Clark,and he is all about SEC,no intrest in OU or osu. Personally I think he is intimidated by DJ Ward having just signed with OU,but if he thinks there isn't going to be competition for pt in the SEC,he is kidding himself.I wish the kid luck as I learned a long time ago not to get caught up in recruiting hype. I can't recall the number of times where the whole world is covinced we have to have player X......then we get him and ends up being average or even a bust.On the fip side there have been numerous players nobody talked about BEFORE they got to OU who turned out to be studs.

Mjcpr
3/1/2013, 09:16 AM
I don't understand the sudden appearance of Ole Miss in everyone's list of schools.

I think our conference (WAC 2.0) hurts us. I'm not saying we can't get good players or the Big 10 can't get good players or the Pac 12, I'm just saying it seems like all of the stud players are infatuated with the SEC.

Fraggle145
3/1/2013, 09:50 AM
Who? Let me be the first to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu5LDQeHJ4

Boomer.....
3/1/2013, 10:16 AM
I don't understand the sudden appearance of Ole Miss in everyone's list of schools.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Stacks_of_money.jpg

Herr Scholz
3/1/2013, 11:25 AM
Here's a photo posted by WR Laquon Treadwell during his visit to Oxford on this twitter before he took it down.

http://mgoblog.com/sites/mgoblog.com/files/LaQuonMoney_thumb.png

FaninAma
3/1/2013, 12:35 PM

I think our conference (WAC 2.0) hurts us. I'm not saying we can't get good players or the Big 10 can't get good players or the Pac 12, I'm just saying it seems like all of the stud players are infatuated with the SEC.

And this was very predictable when we turned down the PAC-12. I think it will turn out to be Boren's biggest failure as OU president. I do think the situation in more like the SWC 2.0. Only our offenses resemble the WAC.

Mjcpr
3/1/2013, 01:05 PM
And this was very predictable when we turned down the PAC-12. I think it will turn out to be Boren's biggest failure as OU president. I do think the situation in more like the SWC 2.0. Only our offenses resemble the WAC.

Yes, the WAC 2.0 was in reference to the old WAC teams that ran up and down the field on each other and never played any defense.

8timechamps
3/1/2013, 07:15 PM
At one time, OU was heavily recruiting both Deondre and Stevie (for football and basketball), in the past 6 months, something happened to sour the family on OU. I would like to have had Deondre, but we are just fine at end, and one player isn't going to win a title for us anyway.

The conference issue is interesting. Now that Stoops has brought in some recruiting studs, we'll see how it plays out.

Soonerjeepman
3/2/2013, 08:31 AM
I hate the sec as much as anyone, BUT winning 7 MNC out of the last 7 yrs, well IF I was a hs stud I'd probably look really close there as well...just sayin. They prob should have had 3 teams in the BCS talk this yr. if not 4.

8timechamps
3/21/2013, 08:38 PM
In a very strange turn of events, OU is back on Clark's radar.

Rumors are that Clark is setting up a visit to Norman. Seems Jerry Montgomery may be working some magic.

picasso
3/23/2013, 11:56 AM
The Pac12? I'll pass.

cherokeebrewer
4/5/2013, 06:46 PM
In a very strange turn of events, OU is back on Clark's radar.

Rumors are that Clark is setting up a visit to Norman. Seems Jerry Montgomery may be working some magic.

I read where Deondre will attend the spring game, so Coach Montgomery must be having an influence for sure...

Ruf/Nek7
4/7/2013, 05:04 PM
From what i have gathered, and i am sure this has been mentioned before, but Monty has stayed hot on the trail and has really appealed to Clark's mother. She apparently is playing a huge role in the decision making process and does not want her son going far away like lsu (his supposed favorite).

trwxxa
4/7/2013, 07:02 PM
I read that he told some A&M folks he would be attending their spring game this Saturday. This was at the Nike Camp today in Dallas. I guess we'll see.