PDA

View Full Version : Rest of coaching staff...

rock on sooner
2/28/2013, 02:47 PM
Anyone heard about any more staff hires? Seems like time is getting short with
spring ball getting closer....

cherokeebrewer
2/28/2013, 02:56 PM
Only rumor names...Seth Littrell (not likely), Bryant Young (currently @ Florida) and my favorite Jamie Christian (Houston Cougars TE/ST Coach) His special teams have been some of the best...

8timechamps
2/28/2013, 05:14 PM
Only rumor names...Seth Littrell (not likely), Bryant Young (currently @ Florida) and my favorite Jamie Christian (Houston Cougars TE/ST Coach) His special teams have been some of the best...

This.

I'm sure Stoops will have the final coach in place by the time spring ball starts (which happens to be the same weekend as the next Sooners junior day). That's only a little over a week away, so I anticipate something happening soon.

cherokeebrewer
2/28/2013, 06:04 PM
I meant to say Derek Lewis (currently @ Florida), not Bryant Young. I'm pretty sure we already hired a good Dline coach...:confusion:

Dan Thompson
2/28/2013, 07:43 PM
It would sure be nice if the 2014 players could meet there coaches.

stoopified
2/28/2013, 10:08 PM
I have no idea who the last coach will be BUT I fail to understand why so many people think Littrell is unlikely tobe intrested.He IS OC but it is at INDIANA,on Kevin Wilson's staff and no offense,but INDI-F'ing-ANA?Indiana is a toiletbowl of a football program.I thought Wilson made a mistake taking the job and am afarid he (along with his staff) will be looking for a job sooAdditionally I think OU would pay him close to,if not equal to Hoosier OC pay.The step down is not unprecedented,Cale was OC at UAB,when he took the rb position slot at OU.

I'm not saying that Seth is the best coach availible but I could see returning home to OU if offerred. Why would Lewis(with no OU connection) make a lateral move to OU? Christian leaving Houston would be apromotion worth taking,Again I have no idea who the caoch will be but Lewis is least likely IMHO.

Salt City Sooner
2/28/2013, 11:11 PM
I have no idea who the last coach will be BUT I fail to understand why so many people think Littrell is unlikely tobe intrested.He IS OC but it is at INDIANA,on Kevin Wilson's staff and no offense,but INDI-F'ing-ANA?Indiana is a toiletbowl of a football program.I thought Wilson made a mistake taking the job and am afarid he (along with his staff) will be looking for a job sooAdditionally I think OU would pay him close to,if not equal to Hoosier OC pay.The step down is not unprecedented,Cale was OC at UAB,when he took the rb position slot at OU.

I'm not saying that Seth is the best coach availible but I could see returning home to OU if offerred. Why would Lewis(with no OU connection) make a lateral move to OU? Christian leaving Houston would be apromotion worth taking,Again I have no idea who the caoch will be but Lewis is least likely IMHO.
Gundy was never an OC at UAB. He coached QB's for a year & RB's for 3.

cherokeebrewer
3/1/2013, 08:47 AM
I think any one of the three, Littrell, Lewis or Christian would a be good hire. Unless Littrell just wants to get back to Norman & OU, I just don't think it's likely he takes a "step down". I prefer Christian because of his recruiting ability, plus his special teams have been among the best. In addition, he's been in Houston for 2 yrs now and made inroads recruiting that area...If Seth Littrell gets the job, I'm all for it.

OkieThunderLion
3/1/2013, 01:33 PM
Mangino took a job at Youngstown St.

Soonerjeepman
3/1/2013, 02:09 PM
to take a positions coach job at OU vs a coordinator job at Indiana (in football anyway) is a step UP. IMHO

Mjcpr
3/1/2013, 06:21 PM
SoonerSports.com says it is Jay Boulware, TE coach and ST Coordinator from Auburn.

cleller
3/2/2013, 08:17 AM
SoonerSports.com says it is Jay Boulware, TE coach and ST Coordinator from Auburn.

Looks like you got that right. Born in OKC.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030113aaa.html