PDA

View Full Version : Operaman is starring in Falstaff!

proud gonzo
2/27/2013, 09:29 PM
Operaman is starring in Falstaff at OU next week. March 7,9--Thursday and Saturday at 8 p.m. in Holmberg Hall, Reynolds Performing Arts Center on the OU campus. Tickets are available at the box office or by calling 405-325-4101.

Music by Giuseppe Verdi, libretto by Arrigo Boito. Based on Shakespeare’s “The Merry Wives of Windsor” and “Henry IV.”

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/225354_10101283083013247_219271209_n.jpg

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 09:59 PM
He is one sexy Beast.

Congrats PG and OM

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2013, 10:09 PM
tailgate?

proud gonzo
2/27/2013, 10:11 PM
Yeah, y'all said you were going to do that last time. Chuck is the only one who showed up.

LIARS.

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, y'all said you were going to do that last time. Chuck is the only one who showed up.

LIARS.

I'm pretty sure I told ya I couldn't make it so I'm not even gonna make any promises this time either. The Schedule our Daughter has for Tennis this year....The Wife and I realize we now have no life other than picking her up and rooting for her. Can you Video his Performance?

Chuck Bao
2/28/2013, 03:37 AM
Purchased tix for the Thursday performance. Unfortunately, other dates coincide with the BigXII women's basketball tourny in Dalllas Mar 8-11.

proud gonzo
2/28/2013, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure I told ya I couldn't make it so I'm not even gonna make any promises this time either. The Schedule our Daughter has for Tennis this year....The Wife and I realize we now have no life other than picking her up and rooting for her. Can you Video his Performance?

No, I can't film the performance. I think the university will probably film one night's performance, but it takes them forever to become available. We're still waiting on the previous 3 opera videos to be ready...

Lott's Bandana
2/28/2013, 12:05 PM
Great role.

Nasty beer.

Flagstaffsooner
2/28/2013, 01:33 PM
Oh, Falstaff. I was driving around town looking for him.:smug:

I am sure that he will take the house down.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/28/2013, 07:15 PM
Oh, Falstaff. I was driving around town looking for him.:smug:

I am sure that he will take the house down.I thought Adam Sandler was going skiing in Flagstaff.

StoopTroup
3/1/2013, 06:18 PM
No, I can't film the performance. I think the university will probably film one night's performance, but it takes them forever to become available. We're still waiting on the previous 3 opera videos to be ready...

Darn. I'd really like to see him in a production like this. Maybe I can work something out.

proud gonzo
3/3/2013, 10:36 PM
Tickets are only like $17, dude. Totally worth a trip! I just eavesdropped on part of tonight's dress rehearsal and it's going to be a really good show.

StoopTroup
3/5/2013, 03:03 PM
Sweet!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/5/2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I let you know on the last one too...would love to make it.

Chuck Bao
3/8/2013, 03:55 AM
If you guys get the chance, you should go. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s production. Operaman seemed to truly relish his role as the fat knight and that connected to the audience. I couldn’t help but to laugh out loud at several parts, particularly when Falstaff was lying flat on his back, drinking warm wine while singing about that rascally world. How many of us haven't done that? And, those arias about the glorious big belly may be a little too close to home for me, but it is art, still poignant after more than a century and I love it. Dang it, we really should have had a tailgate for this one. PG, please tell Operaman bravo for me!

proud gonzo
3/8/2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks again for coming to the opera!

For the rest of the uncultured heathens, it's not too late! There's another performance on Saturday at 8 p.m.

StoopTroup
3/10/2013, 12:17 AM
Oh man. That was awesome! Will was fantastic and the last scene in the Forest...my hat is off to the folks who put that together.

Almost a full House tonight. Standing Ovation which was well deserved. The theater is amazing as well. Thanks to PG for posting about these performances they will be something the Wife and I will boast about as she is a terrific Gal and married to a very talented fella. Great night!

SunnySooner
3/11/2013, 04:39 PM
Bravo, Operaman!!! Congrats on the glowing reviews.

I used to go to the University productions all the time as an undergrad, and I was always amazed at the level of talent, some truly memorable performers/performances. It's a total perk of living in a college town, maybe when we're all old and decrepit we can live close enough to catch shows again. There's really nothing like live theater, love, love, love it. Congrats again!!!!