PDA

View Full Version : Texas AD: "Saban isn’t going to come here"

badger
2/27/2013, 12:19 PM
And your ringing vote of Mack Brown confidence, right on schedule. (http://dailytexanonline.com/sports/2013/02/26/mens-athletics-director-deloss-dodds-confident-mack-brown-can-turn-football)

“I love stability. I love continuity,” Dodds said in an interview with The Daily Texan. “If you have stability, you have continuity and you’ve got good people. It’s a formula that works. I think we’ve got that. If somebody tells me we need to change, I say, ‘Ok, but who should we hire? [Alabama head coach Nick] Saban? Well, Saban isn’t going to come here.’”

PS: We're beating whorn in basketball 8 p.m. tonite on ESPN2. Watch it if you hate Texas

BoomerJack
2/27/2013, 12:39 PM
It seems that Dodds has the attitude that the next coach to suceed Mack Brown hasn't been born yet.

cherokeebrewer
2/27/2013, 01:47 PM
Saban isn't going to Texas? Wonder what gave him the first clue...

mainline13
2/27/2013, 01:47 PM
It seems that Dodds has the attitude that the next coach to suceed Mack Brown hasn't been born yet.

Makes you feel good to be a Sooner, doesn't it?

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2013, 02:10 PM
Like Saban would got to texas?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/27/2013, 02:20 PM
Saban isn't going to Texas? Wonder what gave him the first clue...Guess they have already had the conversation

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2013, 02:32 PM
“Following Mack will not be easy,” Dodds said. “You’re always thinking what you would do if that happens. That’s what we get paid to do. But if we went looking for somebody, I would look for Mack. That’s who I’d want to hire ... He would be who I’d want if I had to start all over again. If there’s another Mack Brown out there, that’s who we’d go after.

There is sunshine in Oklahoma as long as that idiot is AD.

stoopified
2/27/2013, 03:24 PM
Mack is locked in for life? Good news for Sooner fans.I used to think OU would not pass UT in the all-time series in my lifetime,apparently I was wrong. :)

Jacie
2/27/2013, 04:00 PM
About the only argument sa*et can make to Saban is he would have the opportunity to win a National Championship at yet another institution.

Moore
2/27/2013, 04:40 PM
Phuckem

Herr Scholz
2/27/2013, 04:41 PM
Dodds is probably gone this summer due to the power struggle between Gov Perry and UT Pres Powers. Powers too. At that point, both Barnes' and Brown's jobs will be in jeopardy. Just an FYI.

badger
2/27/2013, 05:38 PM
Dodds is probably gone this summer due to the power struggle between Gov Perry and UT Pres Powers. Powers too. At that point, both Barnes' and Brown's jobs will be in jeopardy. Just an FYI.

Oh boy maybe your Aggroid governor will appoint someone! You know he has whorn's best interests at heart.

God bless Texas! :mack:

2/27/2013, 09:24 PM
Oh boy maybe your Aggroid governor will appoint someone! You know he has whorn's best interests at heart.

God bless Texas! :mack:Don't be too surprised if Radio gets the job as Cows' coach. Perry could put Radio in that slot as soon as this summer, so he could implement his new schemes and game plans before the season even starts.

Perry COULD have Barnes and Hap-Slappy switch leadership roles.(in order to provide new blood and direction to BOTH programs)

goingoneight
2/27/2013, 10:10 PM
Mack won't make it through the season in Austin is my fearless prediction. As horn coaches go, the only thing IMO he did wrong is winning a National Championship. He's a pretty good dude. However, they are as frail-looking as OU is going into this season and Mack is on borrowed time. Bob's still reeling in conference titles. I think it will finally boil over after their first blowout loss of the season like it should probably have happened after the RRS this past year. In hindsight, I'd be thoroughly embarassed if my program, as powerful as Texas is, would lose to a team as questionable as OU was a year ago. That Cotton Bowl had to have been an absolute nightmare for Dodds and Texas fans knowing two things-- THAT team destroyed you two years in a row and the team that's murdering them is your arch rival, taking the cake to the SEC.

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 10:16 PM
Tu baseball losing to Sam Houston State.

7th Inning

SHSU 5
tu 2

BWAHAHAHAHA!

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 10:17 PM
Ibeh? IN YO FACE BRO!

Herr Scholz
2/28/2013, 12:17 AM
No comment. :peaceful:

StoopTroup
2/28/2013, 09:44 PM
Heck of a comeback last night.

Kabongo played out of his head in the 2nd half.

Oh....

And Tuck Fexas!

sooneron
2/28/2013, 10:37 PM

This needs some elaboration, imo. What does the figurehead retard have to do with Uta?

bluedogok
2/28/2013, 11:54 PM
Saban isn't going to Texas? Wonder what gave him the first clue...
Unlike many of the delusional Whorn fans who think they could just open the checkbook and Saban would come running.....now if Saban was 10-15 years younger there would be an infinitesimal chance of it happening.

This needs some elaboration, imo. What does the figurehead retard have to do with Uta?
It's Texas, the Governor and legislature feel like they have the right to make all decisions no matter how small.

Herr Scholz
3/1/2013, 11:16 AM
Perry wants to hurt UT because he's a dumbass, anti-intellectual aggy. He's trying to make UT a $10K diploma mill and take away the status of UT being a premier research and teaching university in the country. That's what the struggle between Powers and Perry is about. Unfortunately Powers is going to lose because Perry has spent 12 years stacking the UT Board of Regents with his cronies who will do what he says. They're going to have a vote soon and Powers will be gone.

I think Dodds will be gone too because Perry has involved himself in the UT athletic dept as well. Note the "emergency" BOR meeting that was coincidentally held the weekend before signing day on the Applewhite issue that was handled years ago. It was just intentional bad PR and a smear campaign by the jealous idiot. Dodds will probably fall on his sword this summer to avoid any more of that stuff. And when he and Powers are gone, Mack Brown and Rick Barnes are in jeopardy because Powers and Dodds are their strongest supporters. And since Perry won't be running for Governor again, he can scorch the earth and burn bridges with no repurcussions.

sooneron
3/1/2013, 11:50 AM
Wow, just, wow.

prrriiide
3/1/2013, 12:05 PM
DeLost prolly reached out to Saban and pulled back a bloody stump.

3/1/2013, 01:32 PM
Perry wants to hurt UT because he's a dumbass, anti-intellectual aggy. He's trying to make UT a $10K diploma mill and take away the status of UT being a premier research and teaching university in the country. That's what the struggle between Powers and Perry is about. Unfortunately Powers is going to lose because Perry has spent 12 years stacking the UT Board of Regents with his cronies who will do what he says. They're going to have a vote soon and Powers will be gone.

I think Dodds will be gone too because Perry has involved himself in the UT athletic dept as well. Note the "emergency" BOR meeting that was coincidentally held the weekend before signing day on the Applewhite issue that was handled years ago. It was just intentional bad PR and a smear campaign by the jealous idiot. Dodds will probably fall on his sword this summer to avoid any more of that stuff. And when he and Powers are gone, Mack Brown and Rick Barnes are in jeopardy because Powers and Dodds are their strongest supporters. And since Perry won't be running for Governor again, he can scorch the earth and burn bridges with no repurcussions.The cows will have 5-7 years, instead of 7-5?