PDA

View Full Version : Pledger and Grooms turning it on when it matters

TopDog8025
2/26/2013, 12:15 AM
Been really impressed with the play of Pledger and especially Grooms the way he has been scoring it lately. So huge with Hield out. So impressed that..you guessed it! I wrote an article! LOL. Check it out and leave a comment. http://isportsweb.com/?p=201244

Boomer.....
2/26/2013, 08:34 AM
Good read! They have really stepped up. Cousins isn't there yet and it's good to see Grooms step back into the starting lineup. Hopefully we can get some good production out of Fitz and consistent play out of M'Baye.

8timechamps
2/26/2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks TD, always enjoy your take on things.

Grooms play has been HUGE. It's buffered the loss of Hield, and kept this team playing at a high level. Pledger kind of disappeared there for a while, and there is no question this team is better when he's playing well.

I can't move past the impact that Osby has had this year. If it weren't for the freshman at KU, he'd be in serious contention for the conference POY. He's playing himself into a possible shot at the next level.

Soonerjeepman
2/26/2013, 06:52 PM
it's been a great yr...lol guess that shows how low it was the last few. I just like the way, #1 they don't give up #2 they play as a team. Fun to watch.

Sooner95
2/26/2013, 07:23 PM
Indeed. Grooms has bee the pleasant surprise, stepping up his game when needed.

Home stretch coming up, all winnable games. It's put up or shutup time at this point. Take care of business, grab some momentum heading in Big12 tourney and let's see what happens.

Soonerjeepman
2/26/2013, 09:44 PM
if we win out I think Lon should get COY....

Bourbon St Sooner
2/27/2013, 10:59 AM
When Hield went down, I said it's time for our senior guards to step up. And boy have they. Grooms has been an all-conference point guard the last 3 games. If those guys keep playing like that we're going to be a tough out when Hield comes back.