PDA

View Full Version : Seth McFarlane Oscar jokes

badger
2/25/2013, 12:16 PM
Because there was a lot of WTF at the Oscars last night, let's just do a poll. Which was the most WTF... or your favorite:

First nominee: "We Saw Your Boobs" song (opening)
7TWLKP8j0zk

Second nominee: "Here's to the Losers" song (closing)
7ziwpgQ9j5c

Third nominee: Zero Dark Thirty

"The film was a triumph and also a celebration of every woman's innate ability to never ever let anything go," on Zero Dark Thirty and its real-life protagonist Maya

Fourth nominee: Sound of Music
I can't find it on Youtube to here it is (http://gma.yahoo.com/video/oscars-31412118/seth-macfarlane-s-von-trapp-family-fun-31752458.html)

Fifth nominee: Lincoln

"I would argue the actor who really got inside Lincoln's head was John Wilkes Booth,"

Sixth nominee: Jew jokes

“You know what’s interesting? All those actors I just named are part Jewish,” the bear informed Wahlberg, after naming nominees Joaquin Phoenix, Alan Arkin and Daniel Day-Lewis. (For the record, Arkin is Jewish on both sides of his family, and Phoenix and Day-Lewis have Jewish mothers.)

“Oh, okay,” Wahlberg responded, pretending to be a bit flustered.

“What about you? You’ve got a ‘berg’ on the end of your name. Are you Jewish?” continued the bear, voiced by McFarlane.

When Wahlberg clarified that he’s Catholic, the stuffed animal whispered, “Wrong answer. Try again.”

The segment then shifted into a series of claims by the character that he’s Jewish, including the news that he “was born Theodore Shapiro,” and that “I would like to donate money to Israel and continue to work in Hollywood forever. Thank you.”

The bear also boasted he’d receive a private plane at “the next secret synagogue meeting.”

Write in any others

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2013, 12:37 PM
Although some of the moments were squirmy, I found it refreshing that the Academy's production staff chose to poke fun at themselves in a much more edgy and frankly, truthful way than Billy Crystal (or any previous host/ess) ever had before.

To the offended (I've seen blustering on Facebook this morning...smh.):

Women DO show their boobs. Every woman named in the song knew exactly why they did it.

The film industry IS heavily populated by Jewish folks and the Oscars hosts usually identify (Crystal, Whoopi is a Berg)

Booth WAS an actor. He expected the moans and countered with, "too soon?"

The VonTrapps did vacate the premises. (I was surprised at that joke because I thought only old codgers like me would be the only ones to get it.)

Perhaps the never-letting-go joke was a bit of a generalization but many jokes are and he paid a woman the highest tribute of the evening by saying Meryl Streep, "needs no introduction."

There were some pretty great moments last night, most noteworthy to me was the Les Miz cast all singing on stage as an ensemble.

ouleaf
2/25/2013, 01:33 PM
I thought Seth did a great job. Pretty much did what you would expect him to do, and while they ran incredibly long because of it, I think he did a good job of entertaining both crowd and television audience.

Of course the "We Saw Your Boobs" bit was really funny. Also thought the Sock Puppet version of Flight was really funny too. He is just a really talented comedian and overall performer. While some material was a bit edgy, I think it was light-hearted overall. Thought the Von Trapp Family singers joke was very underappreciated moment. Very funny.

While the hosting was great the presenters and acceptance speaches were pretty meh.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 01:39 PM
I enjoyed it all.

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2013, 01:44 PM
I thought Seth did a great job. Pretty much did what you would expect him to do, and while they ran incredibly long because of it, I think he did a good job of entertaining both crowd and television audience.

Of course the "We Saw Your Boobs" bit was really funny. Also thought the Sock Puppet version of Flight was really funny too. He is just a really talented comedian and overall performer. While some material was a bit edgy, I think it was light-hearted overall. Thought the Von Trapp Family singers joke was very underappreciated moment. Very funny.

While the hosting was great the presenters and acceptance speaches were pretty meh.

Dustin Hoffman, Christopher Plummer and DD Lewis were quite good.

Ben Affleck was so nervous and overwhelmed he spoke a million miles an hour, not realizing he probably would be the only one on the entire broadcast that wouldn't hear the Jaws music as I don't think they do that to the Best Actors/Directors/Movie acceptorpeople.

On a side note, although he is a Red Sox fan, I include Affleck on the list with Justin Timberlake and Derek Jeter of guys I'd wanna be. They seem to have their **** together, have all the talent in the world in their respective entertainment professions and have sat on or are still on the mountaintop.

rock on sooner
2/25/2013, 01:56 PM
Dustin Hoffman, Christopher Plummer and DD Lewis were quite good.

Ben Affleck was so nervous and overwhelmed he spoke a million miles an hour, not realizing he probably would be the only one on the entire broadcast that wouldn't hear the Jaws music as I don't think they do that to the Best Actors/Directors/Movie acceptorpeople.

On a side note, although he is a Red Sox fan, I include Affleck on the list with Justin Timberlake and Derek Jeter of guys I'd wanna be. They seem to have their **** together, have all the talent in the world in their respective entertainment professions and have sat on or are still on the mountaintop.

Plus being married to Jennifer Garner is "choice duty"!

rock on sooner
2/25/2013, 01:59 PM
Only joke that might have been too edgy was "Chris Brown and Rihanna
and a date movie."

Disappointed that Streisand didn't get more props...voice is simply out
of this world!

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2013, 02:07 PM
and a date movie."

of this world!

I was glad to see Marvin H get some love. I remember when he won an Oscar for The Sting...he was nerdy and funny and delighted in his speech. That was such a great movie score.

C&CDean
2/25/2013, 02:11 PM
Uh, hello? The Thunder was on the tube and you cretins watched the oscars? smh.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 02:13 PM
I was glad to see Marvin H get some love. I remember when he won an Oscar for The Sting...he was nerdy and funny and delighted in his speech. That was such a great movie score.

My Brother played The Entertainer on piano really well. I loved that song and it was great when my Bro played it. My Daughter played it last year as one of two songs in her reputare. It's just one of those songs that people instantly know and it seems it has become an American Classic for the ages.

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2013, 02:15 PM
I approve of the Lincoln joke.

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2013, 02:18 PM
Uh, hello? The Thunder was on the tube and you cretins watched the oscars? smh.

But...there were bewbies.

I switched back and forth...after all, I don't squat to pee.

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2013, 02:20 PM
I didn't watch one single millisecond of the Oscars. I can't begin to tell you how little it interests me.

texaspokieokie
2/25/2013, 03:41 PM
how can anyone watch that **** ???

deweydw
2/25/2013, 04:32 PM
Did not watch, never do. But the "We saw your Boobs" was very funny. I laughed when they showed a couple of the actresses with frowns on their face. LOL at Naomi Watts. See how that smile melted.

jk the sooner fan
2/25/2013, 05:15 PM
the sock puppet re-enactment of Flight was hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYXrIV4rF14

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2013, 06:33 PM
Did not watch, never do. But the "We saw your Boobs" was very funny. I laughed when they showed a couple of the actresses with frowns on their face. LOL at Naomi Watts. See how that smile melted.

That was all pre-recorded with scripted reactions.

sooneron
2/25/2013, 10:11 PM
I preferred the Mel Gibson dig. THAT was funny when he called out the audience on their groans...

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2013, 06:40 AM
and a date movie."

of this world!
So is her head...hence the vacuum between the ears.

No mention of Seth vs. Kirk? That was kinda funny.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/26/2013, 09:25 AM
I thought most of his jokes and routines were funny. Overall, he did a good job. I would say the Lincoln joke was his worst.
Loved the Tommy Lee Jones joke, the top secret director of Argo joke, and the sock puppet routine.

I liked Tina Fey and Amy Poehler when they co-hosted the Golden Globes. With respect to pure wit, I think they were funnier.

sooneron
2/26/2013, 09:46 AM
Here's to the Losers was horrible...

I don't dislike Kristen C, but she needs to stick to character musical stuff. Not (sorta) co-hosting stuff.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2013, 03:21 PM
At least Kristen bitchsmacked that plastic whore Rene Zelwegger in the pre-game program by saying "OU kicked UT's *** in football AGAIN this year!"

sooneron
2/26/2013, 03:28 PM
I tend to avoid the pre-game as snarky and star ****ing comments get on my nerves. I did see the whole uncomfortable Jamie Foxx thing, ugh that was weird.

Blue
2/27/2013, 08:52 PM
I hate Seth McFarlane. I think his jokes are repetitive, bitter, and lame. Family Guy is trash. So Im obviously biased.

Having said that from what I saw, he was ok. A little nervous acting with a kinda fake sounding carnival voice.

I don't think anyone can save the oscars though. Its jumped the shark imo. The celebrities take themselves way too seriously. Its way too political evidenced by that awkward appearance by TFLOTUS.

Plus how could Batman not even be nominated? Pffft.

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 09:22 PM
At least Kristen bitchsmacked that plastic whore Rene Zelwegger in the pre-game program by saying "OU kicked UT's *** in football AGAIN this year!"

That was awesome.