PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Shipp to Arizona State

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 10:29 AM
I am pretty excited about this. I would like to see what he can do with Will Sutton and Co.

cherokeebrewer
2/25/2013, 10:54 AM
Jackie's a good guy. Hopefully with the new job, he can find that old fire in inside. I wish him well...

stoopified
2/25/2013, 11:59 AM
Good luck Jackie

Ruf/Nek7
2/25/2013, 12:30 PM
Good to hear. I wish him the best of luck at ASU. Tons of hot prospects over there and i aint talkin about football if you know what i mean.

cvsooner
2/25/2013, 12:39 PM
Tempe/Phoenix > Norman/OKC. Lifestyle and women, I mean. Not football.

Monster Zero
2/25/2013, 01:26 PM
Jackie's a good guy. Hopefully with the new job, he can find that old fire in inside. I wish him well...

+1

MyT Oklahoma
2/25/2013, 01:58 PM
I wish him only the best.

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 02:01 PM
Hopefully the Sundevils can take advantage with USC and Oregon hopefully taking a step back.

Flagstaffsooner
2/25/2013, 02:01 PM
I like Jackie but I hate aSu.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/25/2013, 02:07 PM
I like Jackie but I hate aSu.Better than Jackie going to a Big 12 conference team.

picasso
2/25/2013, 02:39 PM
Good to hear. I wish him the best of luck at ASU. Tons of hot prospects over there and i aint talkin about football if you know what i mean.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing! Is Jackie still single?

I"ll never forget seeing the co-eds on campus in April of '93. Yowza.

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 02:39 PM
FLAG, Why do you hate ASU?

picasso
2/25/2013, 02:44 PM
FLAG, Why do you hate ASU?

Because they don't wear flannel!

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 02:45 PM
I don't know they might be sporting it a little more this year.

C&CDean
2/25/2013, 03:35 PM
A ****ing scumdevil? Bah. You should hold out for something better Jackie.

2/25/2013, 03:38 PM
see next post

2/25/2013, 03:40 PM
FLAG, Why do you hate ASU?Can't answer for Flag, but for me(and I don't really hate ASU), they take some recruits away from the Sooners, and I haven't seen anything around here in Maricopa County that passes for anything but "dislike" for OU from ASU fans. Doesn't appear that either ASU or U of A want OU to succeed at anything in sports, and they especially want to see Mike Stoops fall on his as*.

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 03:47 PM
I have been an OU fan all my life but growing up in Phx, I am an ASU Alum. It is interesting to get other people's point of view.

Flagstaffsooner
2/25/2013, 03:49 PM
aSu was a johnny come lately under Frank Kush and a total dishonest program in the '70s and asu fans were giving me crap about Barry Switzer and OU being crooks.
asu fans are still a-holes and the Arizona Republic still continues to kiss up to them.

C&CDean
2/25/2013, 04:09 PM
I have been an OU fan all my life but growing up in Phx, I am an ASU Alum. It is interesting to get other people's point of view.

I am a UofA alum who grew up a Sooner fan and have lived in Oklahoma for 21+ years now, and also happen to be an OU alum/grad.

I hate the scumdevils because they're a lot like whorns. Massive superiority complex that is completely unearned. Everything in Tempe is better than Tucson, etc. Plus, purple and yellow? Blech.

birddog
2/25/2013, 04:11 PM
When exactly has asu been significant enough to have a prideful fan base in bball or Fball? They seem like one of the bottom feeders of all the bcs conference teams

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 04:16 PM
^^I wonder if that is how OSU fans feel about OU.^^

I do agree I feel like everything out of Tucson and UofA sucks.

Flagstaffsooner
2/25/2013, 04:16 PM
When exactly has asu been significant enough to have a prideful fan base in bball or Fball? They seem like one of the bottom feeders of all the bcs conference teams
You should have been around in 1975. They were udefeated (and in the WAC) whereas OU lost to KU and won the NC. They were very vile that year.

Flagstaffsooner
2/25/2013, 04:21 PM
And the solar satans have a mascot name sparky...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VOCS38v4qTo/StS_tWQHvuI/AAAAAAAAHQc/uMvfbVXh7qc/s400/asu_sparky_tactix_creative.jpg

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 04:30 PM
Sadly the devils are also a dropped pass by jake plummer away from being NC champs in 96

Flagstaffsooner
2/25/2013, 04:49 PM
Sadly the devils are also a dropped pass by jake plummer away from being NC champs in 96

Jake the Rape, boy do I have stories about that a-hole. Due to my employment , I am not free to tell them at this time.

aj44mc
2/25/2013, 05:09 PM
I have heard some stories.

agoo758
2/25/2013, 05:27 PM
, I am not free to tell them at this time.

But you are free to blantantly accuse people of serial rape without any evidence? Anything else you want to make up to get attention?

C&CDean
2/25/2013, 05:29 PM
^^I wonder if that is how OSU fans feel about OU.^^

I do agree I feel like everything out of Tucson and UofA sucks.

See? You make my point for me. Why do you think Tucson sucks? It's cooler there, there's much nicer mountains surrounding it, and the Messican food is BY FAR better. Phoenix is merely little LA. Smoggy, dirty, and over-populated. And make no mistake about it, Tempe IS Phoenix.

olevetonahill
2/25/2013, 06:08 PM
But you are free to blantantly accuse people of serial rape without any evidence? Anything else you want to make up to get attention?

Where he say anything about "Serial"?
The other is on Google , Even says hes a registered Sex offender.
Hell If you hadnt said anything I never would have even looked .

2/25/2013, 06:30 PM
See? You make my point for me. Why do you think Tucson sucks? It's cooler there, there's much nicer mountains surrounding it, and the Messican food is BY FAR better. Phoenix is merely little LA. Smoggy, dirty, and over-populated. And make no mistake about it, Tempe IS Phoenix.Tucson DOES consistently vote democrat....

and, it's only a guess, but I would estimate that a significant % of the U of A fans are negative on OU. ef 'em!

8timechamps
2/25/2013, 08:31 PM
I hate that Shipp ended up at ASU. There is no question he'll be going head to head with OU in recruiting some kids. Oh well, not the first time that's happened...probably won't be the last.

2/25/2013, 08:39 PM
I hate that Shipp ended up at ASU. There is no question he'll be going head to head with OU in recruiting some kids. Oh well, not the first time that's happened...probably won't be the last.I'm glad he didn't end up any closer to Norman than he did. We don't get many kids from AZ, but we have done well recently in Las Vegas. Maybe Jackie won't hurt us too much.. We can hope.

8timechamps
2/25/2013, 09:01 PM
I'm glad he didn't end up any closer to Norman than he did. We don't get many kids from AZ, but we have done well recently in Las Vegas. Maybe Jackie won't hurt us too much.. We can hope.

AZ isn't really a hotbed of talent, but since Kish came on board, our efforts there have gone up a little. I agree, I'm glad he didn't end up in the conference.

2/26/2013, 01:20 AM
AZ isn't really a hotbed of talent, but since Kish came on board, our efforts there have gone up a little. I agree, I'm glad he didn't end up in the conference.Maine or Syracuse would have been a better fit for Jackie.

picasso
2/26/2013, 08:24 AM
You should have been around in 1975. They were udefeated (and in the WAC) whereas OU lost to KU and won the NC. They were very vile that year.
That's when my brother in law played for them.

aj44mc
2/26/2013, 09:23 AM
See? You make my point for me. Why do you think Tucson sucks? It's cooler there, there's much nicer mountains surrounding it, and the Messican food is BY FAR better. Phoenix is merely little LA. Smoggy, dirty, and over-populated. And make no mistake about it, Tempe IS Phoenix.

I agree with all of most of that. I would say the Mexican food isn't much different. I prefer the heat and enjoy the Lakes that are around Phoenix.

I am sure a lot of my bias is from growing up an ASU fan.
It seems like Phoenix/Tempe have their bad areas and Tucson has its good area.
One thing I do notice is that there is much more hatred for ASU coming from Tucson than of UofA from Tempe.

8timechamps
2/26/2013, 04:01 PM
Maine or Syracuse would have been a better fit for Jackie.

I was thinking more along the lines of Canadian college football, but the northeast would have been nice too...

2/26/2013, 04:34 PM
It seems like Phoenix/Tempe have their bad areas and Tucson has its good area.
haha

EatLeadCommie
2/26/2013, 04:43 PM

ASU actually has a pretty strong football tradition. I believe that at one time (and maybe they still are) they were the winningest program without a NC to their name.

2/26/2013, 05:02 PM
ASU actually has a pretty strong football tradition. I believe that at one time (and maybe they still are) they were the winningest program without a NC to their name.Maybe? Also, isn't UofA the ag school in AZ, and ASU the non-ag school? I don't know about this. Someone knowledgeable pls. set us straight here.

cvsooner
2/26/2013, 05:04 PM
Maybe? Also, isn't UofA the ag school in AZ, and ASU the non-ag school? I don't know about this. Someone knowledgeable pls. set us straight here.
Yes. U of A is the ag school.

StoopTroup
2/26/2013, 05:15 PM
I think this only proves that Bob is definitely in a rebuilding year. Not only with players but with Coaching Staff too. Some can hack it....some can't.

Best of luck to Jackie but ASU?

hvhurricane
3/2/2013, 09:15 PM

I was sold on this very idea as I chose my school, but I can tell you firsthand that the women at OU are better looking than the girls at ASU.

3/2/2013, 09:22 PM
I was sold on this very idea as I chose my school, but I can tell you firsthand that the women at OU are better looking than the girls at ASU.I have driven through various parts of Tempe around ASU many times, and I think the girls at OU were better looking, at least when I was there (long ago), than what I've been seeing at ASU, since 1991...FWIW, IMHO, and PTIYPASI.

JiuJitsuSooner
3/2/2013, 10:50 PM

I was sold on this very idea as I chose my school, but I can tell you firsthand that the women at OU are better looking than the girls at ASU.

I've attended both schools and I can tell you first hand based on actuallly spending a lot time on both campuses/off campuses that ASU blows OU outta the water in the female department.. Yeah OU is the school i love the most and it has some very hot girls (most are sorority girls) and from my experience their kinda stuck up and too conservative for me. ASU has wayyy more though because it's such a big school and lets face it it's a party school.. ASU girls wear next to nothing around campus, and they really know how to parrrttayy

Tell ya another school where the girls are smoking is UCF (and also FAU).. UCF is the best I've ever seen though , even better than ASU IMO

hvhurricane
3/5/2013, 10:56 PM
More girls? Yes. Better looking? No. The girls at OU are more stuck up. Greek life isn't as big as it is in the South or at a school like OU. ASU is really a huge commuter school with very little school spirit or a routing interest from the Phoenix community. They don't hate U of A that much because they really don't love ASU that much. Tempe is Phoenix. The campus isn't really that nice and the facilities are very poor compared to Big 12 schools. Also, ASU is a party school, but not to the level it is advertised to be. You can party any night of the week, but it isn't any different than any other large state school. And Phoenix is no LA.

agoo758
3/5/2013, 11:11 PM
I have driven through various parts of Tempe around ASU many times, and I think the girls at OU were better looking, at least when I was there (long ago), than what I've been seeing at ASU, since 1991...FWIW, IMHO, and PTIYPASI.

Women in Arizona are drop dead gorgeous....... until they turn 25, then their face and tits wilt like raisins in the heat.

3/6/2013, 12:53 AM
Women in Arizona are drop dead gorgeous....... until they turn 25, then their face and tits wilt like raisins in the heat.haha.

aj44mc
3/6/2013, 09:01 AM
You, my friend are crazy. I know OU has some very nice looking coeds but in terms of volume ASU is 2nd to none.

hvhurricane
3/7/2013, 03:42 PM
I've experienced it first hand. More average looking sluts? ASU. Best average? OU, and really any of the schools in the south.

3/7/2013, 08:02 PM
The many times I've driven through and around the ASU campus hasn't bowled me over awestruck with raving beauties, either. Quite a few nice looking but far from bigtime looks.

Seamus
3/7/2013, 09:58 PM
The many times I've driven through and around the ASU campus hasn't bowled me over awestruck with raving beauties, either. Quite a few nice looking but far from bigtime looks.

You're just bitter because none of them will accept your offer of a ride :)

3/8/2013, 12:59 AM
You're just bitter because none of them will accept your offer of a ride :)That particular scenario will not be addressed by me :beguiled: