PDA

View Full Version : Aranda

Sooner in Tampa
2/23/2013, 08:27 PM
Very nice band...watching them right more at Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater...they are opening for 3 Doors Down and Daughtry. Stoked to here they are from OKC.
ANOTHER reason OKC >Tulsa

C&CDean
2/24/2013, 10:05 AM
They've been playing the blues for years. I used to go watch them at some bar on Western maybe 15 or more years ago. I believe I also watched them play up at the Samurai Saki House on May. Who remembers that place? SAMURAI!!! SAMURAI!!! SAMURAI!!!

Little Ichiro running around making sure everything was kosher. Good times.

bluedogok
2/24/2013, 01:56 PM
They have been around forever.....

As far as The Samurai, I worked at Sound Warehouse next door (20 years ago) and we used to go in there back when Ichiro had just started the bar area. A co-worker at SW also worked at Charlie's Chili (his parents owned it) and the manager at the time at Samurai used to be at Charlie's. It would be along the lines of buy one drink get two free, we also did some TV/video/audio work in that first iteration of The Samurai. After that he took down some walls and reduced the dining room to expand the bar and started having live music. Ichiro was/is quite the "character".

C&CDean
2/24/2013, 02:01 PM
They have been around forever.....

As far as The Samurai, I worked at Sound Warehouse next door (20 years ago) and we used to go in there back when Ichiro had just started the bar area. A co-worker at SW also worked at Charlie's Chili (his parents owned it) and the manager at the time at Samurai used to be at Charlie's. It would be along the lines of buy one drink get two free, we also did some TV/video/audio work in that first iteration of The Samurai. After that he took down some walls and reduced the dining room to expand the bar and started having live music. Ichiro was/is quite the "character".

Is he still around? Another decent band/guy I saw in there a bunch of times was Otis Watkins. I haven't been down May by that place in at least 10-12 years or more.

bluedogok
2/24/2013, 02:08 PM
I had heard that Ichiro was opening up a new location for The Samurai after the strip that he was in was getting renovated or something, I think it was in the area where Fritzi's and others were for years on Portland by Will Rogers Park. Not sure if he ever did get it reopened.

Otis had a Sunday blues jam at Charlie's, I used to help out on those night and he always had quite a few other local and sometime national musicians in town step up on stage to play. Otis was always a great player.

Sooner in Tampa
2/25/2013, 08:29 AM
Dameon Aranda was hangin out after the concert...cool dude...Loves the Sooners...signed autographs and just shot the **** with him for a while. Dude can play the guitar...they got pretty good reviews from the people that I talked to at the concert.

Hopefully being on this tour will help them out.