PDA

View Full Version : So do any of Yall know some one whos scammed the system for a scooter?

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 06:53 PM
FBI Declares War on The Scooter Store

Bout dayum time . Most of these folks are just lazy and want something for free. Some truly need one but not most.:congratulatory:

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-declares-war-scooter-store-165141419--finance.html

FaninAma
2/23/2013, 07:02 PM
I can't help but think of the Seinfeld episode when George is scamming his employer by riding around on a Little Rascal pretending to be handicapped.

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 07:23 PM
I can't help but think of the Seinfeld episode when George is scamming his employer by riding around on a Little Rascal pretending to be handicapped.

I know My neighbor has one, He prolly needs it but he dont use it, He got it just cause. He also got one of those Lift yer lazyass up chairs Just cause he could, That tho he does use.

StoopTroup
2/23/2013, 07:27 PM
I like my step in bathtub. That baby is the shiznit.

http://www.carbonfreehomes.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/walk-in-bathtub.jpg

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 07:30 PM
I like my step in bathtub. That baby is the shiznit.

http://www.carbonfreehomes.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/walk-in-bathtub.jpg

Take ya another one
Did ya NOT read Deans Post that this aint ALL ABOUT YOU?
you get more pitiful by the day

okiewaker
2/23/2013, 08:22 PM
I know of no one but i do remember the ads on tv for'em,,can get a free chair and will get you qualified, er somtin. If I do see a scam going on, I will be sure to phone the FBI so we can get a grip on this!

Midtowner
2/23/2013, 08:30 PM
Take ya another one
Did ya NOT read Deans Post that this aint ALL ABOUT YOU?
you get more pitiful by the day

What the hell?

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 08:35 PM
What the hell?

What? you think this was aimed at you to?

Ya both got a Prob.

okiewaker
2/23/2013, 08:36 PM
Obviously there is a weight limit to those chairs,,jus not a human weight limit. The makers of those sumbees should take a stab at making tanks. IMO

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not going to lie, there have been times I would love to have one of those around the house...just for fun.

Mostly, I see fat people riding them. It actually raises my blood pressure.

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 08:50 PM
I'm not going to lie, there have been times I would love to have one of those around the house...just for fun.

Yup, Ya can ride em on the roads an shat. the Taxpayers pay fer em and The deadbeats get to play. America , is this a great country or what?

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 08:59 PM
Yup, Ya can ride em on the roads an shat. the Taxpayers pay fer em and The deadbeats get to play. America , is this a great country or what?

'Murica!

Where fat people ride free all day, every day!

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 09:14 PM
'Murica!

Where fat people ride free all day, every day!

:congratulatory:

Midtowner
2/23/2013, 09:43 PM
What? you think this was aimed at you to?

Ya both got a Prob.

Nah, just saw your hostile response as completely out of the blue.

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 09:53 PM
Nah, just saw your hostile response as completely out of the blue.

You almost as funny as yer Boy
I simply told him to read that Post of Deans again, Everything aint about him.
But you go ahead a defend him all you want .

Midtowner
2/23/2013, 09:56 PM
You almost as funny as yer Boy
I simply told him to read that Post of Deans again, Everything aint about him.
But you go ahead a defend him all you want .

He posted something about a tub. He was making a joke.

You took it as some sort of attack. Calm down there big guy.

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 10:00 PM
He posted something about a tub. He was making a joke.

You took it as some sort of attack. Calm down there big guy.

Im surprised at your Hostile attitude

StoopTroup
2/23/2013, 11:06 PM
What the hell?

I know. If I post in a thread....it's all about me.

Everytime I see one of his Outrage Conspiracy Scam Stories where someone is screwing over the Government....I wonder how much tax he paid on the liquor he makes. It's so ****ing funny I can't believe he has the balls to be outraged. If you make good liquor....it's not that hard to make your operation legit. With as many friends as the Olevet has....you'd think he could have a nice operation up and running in less than six months. It's probably all just to hard to do it legal though. He might actually have to make a payroll, hire some employees and pay some taxes. Then there is the whole rule about having a good record to be able to be the owner of such an operation. Maybe that's what holds him up. I know there are plenty of folks here who could help him write up a decent Business Plan and help him find investors if needed.

Midtowner
2/23/2013, 11:31 PM
From what I've heard, there are pretty significant barriers to opening up a distillery. Never looked into it. Just know that the laws are written to protect the big guys from competition, not the other way around.

StoopTroup
2/23/2013, 11:33 PM
From what I've heard, there are pretty significant barriers to opening up a distillery. Never looked into it. Just know that the laws are written to protect the big guys from competition, not the other way around.

No doubt that the paperwork is considerable but how bad could it be for a guy who runs his own website, has been a Minister, Cop, Aircraft Pilot, Space Shuttle Captain and was the first to step on Mars? :wink:

bluedogok
2/24/2013, 02:20 PM
The federal laws are onerous but doable with diligence in jumping through hoops. The most restrictive seem to be the state laws, especially in Oklahoma.

My father-in-law has a scooter from them, it was taken care of my Medicare and insurance. He had his third stroke during bladder removal surgery (two weeks ago) after having bladder cancer surgery two months ago. He was a roughneck and did construction all of his working life, he wouldn't have one if he didn't need it. The second stroke really affected his left side, he has trouble with his leg and hand. During the cancer he dropped down to 135 pounds and he really needed to add weight, not lose it. He is in a rehab hospital in Midland right now.

For someone to go through what they are going through means they either pissed off someone or didn't pay off the right people. I know of someone else who went through a medicare fraud colonoscopy, mainly because they didn't grease the right wheels of the system.

pphilfran
2/24/2013, 03:18 PM
I just want the free magazine rack and cup holder...

Soonerjeepman
2/24/2013, 06:13 PM

Moonshiners has a 2 guys...one already does and one is trying....just sayin~

C&CDean
2/24/2013, 07:28 PM
The federal laws are onerous but doable with diligence in jumping through hoops. The most restrictive seem to be the state laws, especially in Oklahoma.

My father-in-law has a scooter from them, it was taken care of my Medicare and insurance. He had his third stroke during bladder removal surgery (two weeks ago) after having bladder cancer surgery two months ago. He was a roughneck and did construction all of his working life, he wouldn't have one if he didn't need it. The second stroke really affected his left side, he has trouble with his leg and hand. During the cancer he dropped down to 135 pounds and he really needed to add weight, not lose it. He is in a rehab hospital in Midland right now.

For someone to go through what they are going through means they either pissed off someone or didn't pay off the right people. I know of someone else who went through a medicare fraud colonoscopy, mainly because they didn't grease the right wheels of the system.

Bummer for your FIL, but in my experiences up at the Walmarts I see 1 type of person riding the scooters. FAT ASSES. Get off the MFing scooter and walk for cryin' out loud. Why do you think you're fat? Sheez. Then, they always smile when they ride by and I'm gritting my teeth going "you fat **** on welfare and food stamps, get up and walk!" I know, I know, being a ****ing pig is a handicap. Axe Obama.

olevetonahill
2/24/2013, 07:52 PM
Bummer for your FIL, but in my experiences up at the Walmarts I see 1 type of person riding the scooters. FAT ASSES. Get off the MFing scooter and walk for cryin' out loud. Why do you think you're fat? Sheez. Then, they always smile when they ride by and I'm gritting my teeth going "you fat **** on welfare and food stamps, get up and walk!" I know, I know, being a ****ing pig is a handicap. Axe Obama.

So true Bro. They are all over down here, I dont see any at the Wally Weird cause I dont go there.
Of the approximately 20 people that I know who have one of these Maybe 3 actually NEED one

jkjsooner
2/24/2013, 08:37 PM

The sad thing is they are the ones who need it. Being obese for years will mess up your knees.

Brings up questions about whether society should pay for the ones who did it to themselves... Not that there aren't some who literally are obese because of medical reasons.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 12:40 AM
I know this one guy that uses them at the Grocery Store. He doesn't need to use it but he says he can really checkout the M|LF a$$es and can get them pull down the higher up stuff for him. He says some of them will even put it in his low basket where he can get a good look at their bazongas. :D

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 12:57 AM
I have a good buddy at work that ran his car into a guardrail one night. He got a DUI and the guardrail came up through the floor pan and hit the emergency brake just right so the guardrail bent enough to sever his shin right below the knee. I had worked with him about a month when one day a wrench slipped and I thought he busted his knuckles. He grabbed a scratch awl and screamed "Damn it!" as he stabbed himself in the shin with it.

It was right after he stuck himself when he told me about his prosthetic leg. I really thought he'd stabbed himself. :D

Anyway, he never used the handicap parking and he always parked out around a quarter mile like the rest of us. He just never felt the need to take up a Handicap Spot when there were others who could use it.

Now....he finally had pulled that trick with the awl or knife that his leg began to splinter. He finally had to go to Houston and be refit and wait for another one to be delivered. Couldn't believe how expensive those babies are.

I wonder how much those flippers the South African guy who killed his GF had to spend on those? Also...can everybody get them or are they just a luxury? Should the Government pay for them?

What about the new digital eye that helps certain people with a rare eye problem. Should we just pay for a patch or spend the dough to help them see?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/25/2013, 01:06 AM
When my mom suffered a ruptured aneurysm in the brain, and became paralyzed, I then started to realize how there's a multi-billion dollar industry out there who sells products and services to sick and old people. and the gov't foots the bill for a lot of it, if the insurance companies don't. She never had a scooter, but she had lots of expensive hardware, and folks coming out to do all sorts of services - bathing, physical therapy, musical therapy, speech therapy, ambulance services to go to the dentist,...

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 10:25 AM
I just want the free magazine rack and cup holder...

I found really nice ones that I could mount on the tub at Lowes. Even though they weren't free, they were inexpensive enough that I could buy an extra to mount on my Hoveround. :wink:

Midtowner
2/25/2013, 10:27 AM
Medicaid should stop offering scooters to the overweight. It'd be cheaper in both the short and long run to send 'em to fat camp.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 10:43 AM
Yep. They should turn Wister State Park into one of those camps. With the money they save on scooters they could have shacks built to house them in. Once they get hungry they could just crawl to town for a free medifast shake. Once they are thin. Again we can bus them to the nearest Wally World where they can be a greeter who decides just who can use those electric shopping carts. Anyone who they catch using one that is just fat, they can call the fat police and have them shipped off.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 10:49 AM
Michael Phelps is on Fox right now talking about how he's put on weight since switching from swimming to his new Golf Reality Show. I bet his fat a$$ has a electric wheel chair with a bong attachment.

KantoSooner
2/25/2013, 12:01 PM
I really don't know whether the Scooter Store is guilty of fraud, but their adventure highlights a problem that is, arguably, worse in terms of generating high medical costs and government deficits: the wholly legal poking of the monkey that goes on with Medicare.

Here's an example. My dad needed a wheel chair after his knee replacement surgery went south on him. Fine. Medicare rules are that you get one chair during your life. Fine. We went down to the local drug store/supplier. The chairs cost $400 or so. If you buy them yourself. Medicare, however has a procedure in which they insist on leasing the chair for one year and then offering a buyout at the end of the 'lease'. (I suppose there is some logic there about not buying a chair if it's only going to be used for a couple of months, but still). Net result is that Medicare pays about $1200 for for a $400 chair. And there's nothing the patient or the drug store can do about it. Not unless you want to simply refuse the Medicare benefit and pay out of your own pocket.

There is no fraud here. There is no abuse. Everyone is following the rules. And our government, and therefore you and me, get socked for an 'extra' $800. All completely legally.

This is what happens when no one in charge of running the system has the slightest motivation in controlling costs.

Suggestion: Set up an Ombudsman with responsibility to document such waste and rewrite the rules. If passed by congress, whoever first brought up the waste would get say, 10% of the savings for some period of time. (1 year? 5?) You'd have a pretty instant reduction is the log rolling that exists today.

StoopTroup
2/25/2013, 12:28 PM
What if Prez O started a jobs program where we pay folks w/o a job $9.00 per hour to walk a fattie?

BermudaSooner
2/25/2013, 02:37 PM
Not that unlike the free golf cart I got a couple of years ago--50% paid by the Feds and 50% paid by the state of Oklahoma....for my "Electric vehicle."

soonercruiser
2/25/2013, 11:51 PM
Michael Phelps is on Fox right now talking about how he's put on weight since switching from swimming to his new Golf Reality Show. I bet his fat a$$ has a electric wheel chair with a bong attachment.

Kinda reminds me of the handicapped golfer I saw in Florida once.
A custom golf cart, with a seat that swung out on the right side, so he could sit and swing a club!
That's hard core!

SCOUT
2/26/2013, 12:10 AM
I, as usual, have nothing really valuable to add to this thread. I will say that I have never seen more fat scooter users than I did when we went to Disney World. It seemed like it was 25% of the population. It was amazing.

I should mention that "handicapped" people go to the front of the lines.