PDA

View Full Version : minimum wage

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 03:11 PM
My brother who is a CPA, business owner, was President of a 10M a yr company, and I were talking as I brought him from the airport to his house. 2 points he made on top of the argument that MINIMUM wage is NOT a living wage and was never meant to be. On top of that with obama care 35 was considered part-time, now it's 30 hours, so companies are just going to cut hours, hence not solving anything.

#1 the congressional interns, paiges?...don't get paid jack..all volunteer, but the government can dictate to business owners that THEY must pay minimum wage.

#2 MOST union contracts are connected to minimum wage, hence MW goes up so does their hourly rate..even though it's already $20, $30, $40 an hour.

obama doesn't care about giving the people a "living wage" ...he wants his union buddies to prosper.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2013, 04:09 PM
My brother who is a CPA, business owner, was President of a 10M a yr company, and I were talking as I brought him from the airport to his house. 2 points he made on top of the argument that MINIMUM wage is NOT a living wage and was never meant to be. On top of that with obama care 35 was considered part-time, now it's 30 hours, so companies are just going to cut hours, hence not solving anything.

#1 the congressional interns, paiges?...don't get paid jack..all volunteer, but the government can dictate to business owners that THEY must pay minimum wage.

#2 MOST union contracts are connected to minimum wage, hence MW goes up so does their hourly rate..even though it's already $20, $30, $40 an hour.

obama doesn't care about giving the people a "living wage" ...he wants his union buddies to prosper.
Interns and pages are two separate positions. And some internships are paid and/or provided with a stipend.

pphilfran
2/23/2013, 04:22 PM
Let Nancy explain it to ya...

8pFC3LKMIQo

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 04:27 PM
Interns and pages are two separate positions. And some internships are paid and/or provided with a stipend.

ok..so pages...right? bottom line is the gov feels "experience" is worth the service...no need to pay. I'm thinkin you are against mim wage? no?

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2013, 04:28 PM
ok..so pages...right? bottom line is the gov feels "experience" is worth the service...no need to pay. I'm thinkin you are against mim wage? no?

Entirely against, yes.

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 04:34 PM
lol....nice one. LGT group..nice, reaching out to groups..

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 06:07 PM
Let Nancy explain it to ya...

8pFC3LKMIQo

HeyZeus Christo. I made it 1/2 way thru that crazy shat.
That broad makes less sense than Mack an ST combined.

FaninAma
2/23/2013, 06:21 PM
The progressives and Keynesians will soon discover you can violate the laws of economics for only so long before there are severe consequences.

jkjsooner
2/24/2013, 06:31 PM
#1 - the corporate world is full of unpaid interns. That isn't limited to congress. There are abuses in the internship program and it is used in ways that aren't legal but the govt isn't cracking down on corporations any more than congress.

#2 - It shouldn't be Congress's concern on what contracts unions have with corporations. It is not the intent of minimum wage to be an index. If unions/employers use it as such that is their issue.

cleller
2/24/2013, 08:28 PM
They should at least cover the cost of interns' dry cleaning.

olevetonahill
2/24/2013, 09:07 PM
They should at least cover the cost of interns' dry cleaning.

I see what you did there.:very_drunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXy7qYAKrfc

JLEW1818
2/24/2013, 11:20 PM
**** unions, how bout that?

Soonerjeepman
2/24/2013, 11:28 PM
#1 - the corporate world is full of unpaid interns. That isn't limited to congress. There are abuses in the internship program and it is used in ways that aren't legal but the govt isn't cracking down on corporations any more than congress.

#2 - It shouldn't be Congress's concern on what contracts unions have with corporations. It is not the intent of minimum wage to be an index. If unions/employers use it as such that is their issue.

ummm, obama is a supporter of unions....union's wages are set against minimum wage, when it goes up so does theirs (most not all unions), obama wants minimum wage to go up...guess just a coincidence that will mean the union wages go up~

explain to me how flippin burgers or stocking shelves at walmart is worth $9 an hour?

I make $60K...I don't have cable because I can't afford it, I make that choice. If ya want a better paying job go find one (or at least pay more attention in school or your kid's school).

SanJoaquinSooner
2/24/2013, 11:34 PM
7tpk3_fLsK8

Mitch Ryder and Detroit Wheels All Hits was a classic!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2013, 11:50 PM
obama doesn't care about giving the people a "living wage" ...he wants his union buddies to prosper.above all else, He wants to decimate the private sector, and to buy votes. (He COULD gain votes by doing things that would ACTUALLY benefit the economy, by acting to unleash the Private Sector, but He wants it to shrivel up like your tool when you swim in Lake Hefner in January)

BermudaSooner
2/25/2013, 03:04 PM
He wants it to shrivel up like your tool when you swim in Lake Hefner in January)

Ummm...you can't swim in Hefner--no swimming in the lake...are you saying you've been pissing in my drinking water?

olevetonahill
2/25/2013, 04:32 PM
Ummm...you can't swim in Hefner--no swimming in the lake...are you saying you've been pissing in my drinking water?

Hell what you complaining about? Fish been ****in in it forever !

sooner_born_1960
2/25/2013, 05:01 PM
If only someone had a graph or something, showing historical minimum wage increases and corresponding unemployment rates. I'd probably know whether to support this, or not.