PDA

View Full Version : OU vs bu

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 10:56 AM
round 2..

Pros: the way the team is playing, our veterans are stepping up, at home, Honoring Stacy King, bu slumping, what is at stake (win out and we really are setting up a decent seeding), we have Lon they have Drew the flopper..

Cons: bu slumping...they are capable of turning it on, seems we can string a couple of good games then lay a turd..

Should be a good game. What I really have liked this year is a couple of things...NO GIVING up...the team really plays hard, playing like a team - passing the ball, help side defense, guys having fun (winning cures a lot). This game along with isu worry me the most. Good news is they are both at home.

BOOMER SOONER!

badger
2/23/2013, 11:41 AM
Ps: its at 4pm today televised on espnu :)

Pss: women also play at poke 2pm today. Fs-something is televising

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 11:58 AM
yeah..I was just getting a jump start! heading to a bar to watch...

I'll miss the end, going to see OU's 6'10 recruit play a local juco up here.

Sooner95
2/23/2013, 04:49 PM
Listen, we should have beaten baylor at there place but we let them climb back in.

This is a big game and one I expect to win.

CowboyMRW
2/23/2013, 04:51 PM
You did beat Baylor at their place........

Ruf/Nek7
2/23/2013, 05:12 PM
I just hope we don't look like idiots with this stripe the stadium and only 2,000 people.

Ruf/Nek7
2/23/2013, 05:39 PM
And here we go. Another big 12, over zealous officiating crew. I wish like hell i could find a stat on conferences and the amount of foul calls they each make a year.

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 05:51 PM
the FOULS are ridiculous...

oh wait it's in OU's favor...it's about time! lol...this is in ref to the TT game, not you Ruf

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 05:54 PM
okay...wow, not watching but really...14 to 6 on fouls...is it really that bad?

SoonerInFortSmith
2/23/2013, 06:03 PM
There is a lot of fouling going on. OU keeps stealing the ball then Baylor grabs whoever has the ball. Lol

Ruf/Nek7
2/23/2013, 06:03 PM
the FOULS are ridiculous...

oh wait it's in OU's favor...it's about time! lol...this is in ref to the TT game, not you Ruf

Oh, no problem. I just watch a lot of NCAA basketball, not just big12 and there is no other conference out there that see this many foul calls on a day to day basis. However, the big east officials will definitely help their top dogs when they are struggling. I havent necessarily seen that yet in the big 12.

Ruf/Nek7
2/23/2013, 06:04 PM
Now my biggest worry is that these refs will flip in the second half and we will have 3 people foul out before its all over.

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 06:23 PM
big 12 officials are horrible...I've watched a lot of big 12 that didn't involve OU...horrible.

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 06:24 PM
There is a lot of fouling going on. OU keeps stealing the ball then Baylor grabs whoever has the ball. Lol

lol...that is funny...

but 2nd half..OU 4 bu 2 fouls...

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 06:27 PM
cousins rough game...3 F 2 TO no points no assists...

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 06:29 PM
good thing we had a 25 pt lead, outscored 15/4 this half

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 06:31 PM
Sloppy start to the 2nd half, but I'm sure it was difficult to keep the same focus after the first half.

I think our boys are waking back up...

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 06:45 PM
The first half may just be the only way OU wins this one. Fortunately, it's taken Baylor almost 12 minutes to shave 10 points off the lead. At this pace, OU will escape with a win.

Crazy. We really lost focus after halftime...

SoonerInFortSmith
2/23/2013, 06:45 PM
Need to post Osby up every possession until he fouls that 8 ft tall bastard out of the game.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/23/2013, 06:51 PM
Everything is a foul now. On both ends. Ridiculous.

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:01 PM
Everything is a foul now. On both ends. Ridiculous.

Very ticky-tack, on both sides. At least their consistent. Ridiculous, but consistent.

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:02 PM
3:51 remaining...what'dya bet it takes 30 minutes?

badger
2/23/2013, 07:05 PM
Fairly nice crowd there. Like the stripe thing.

Wish that we kept our insurmountable halftime lead, but i like our comfy margin too (so long as we still win like last time!)

The key will be to wear that clock down. Dont take fast shots, dont foul and take. Your. Time.

badger
2/23/2013, 07:06 PM
Baylor is in jack up three mode. Sadly, their homeless hobo heslip still resides at baylor.

Bay 68 ou 80 with 2:50 left

badger
2/23/2013, 07:08 PM
Poor sam grooms took a hard fall after taking a shot. Hope hes ok

badger
2/23/2013, 07:09 PM
Oprah: you get a foul! And YOU get a foul! Er'body getting a FOUL!

badger
2/23/2013, 07:11 PM
Ou 82 bay 68 2:22 left. Aaaand nother foul called against us.

badger
2/23/2013, 07:13 PM
Dats good coachin right there!

Drained shot clock, hornbeak sinks a 2 aaaand another point off the reffy whistle

Airball baylor:)

Ou 85 bay 70 1;44 left

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:14 PM
It's been a while since I've seen an OU team shoot free throws like they have today. Really impressive.

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:15 PM
With Hield out, now we have an injured Grooms (he'll survive, but hurting) and an injured Hornbeak (he'll survive, but a fat lip and chipped teeth). Rough game.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2013, 07:15 PM
*crosses fingers*

badger
2/23/2013, 07:16 PM
With Hield out, now we have an injured Grooms (he'll survive, but hurting) and an injured Hornbeak (he'll survive, but a fat lip and chipped teeth). Rough game.

Do we have a tcu game soon that we can mostly rest some guys, or is our first break big 12 torney to ncaas?

badger
2/23/2013, 07:20 PM
Ou 90 bail 70 33.7 to go

Somebody steal the ref whistles :(

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:23 PM
Do we have a tcu game soon that we can mostly rest some guys, or is our first break big 12 torney to ncaas?

West Virginia next week...lol

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 07:23 PM
3:51 remaining...what'dya bet it takes 30 minutes?

Only took 20 minutes, but Coach Drew did everything in his power to stretch it out.

Another good Sooner win!

badger
2/23/2013, 07:29 PM
Yay men win. Boo embarrassment in stillwater for women.

Ah well. Glad to see that ou has two tourney programs again

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2013, 07:31 PM
Dislike.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/23/2013, 07:33 PM
Oprah: you get a foul! And YOU get a foul! Er'body getting a FOUL!

I seriously lol'd

tycat947
2/23/2013, 07:48 PM
Great win over Hypocrite U!!! Time for Big 12 to get rid of them!

kevpks
2/23/2013, 08:47 PM
The Bears have a lot going for them right now:
-The game was over by halftime and Drew didn't need to fall to the floor this time.
-They might get an NIT home game
-The men's team will have a great chance to watch their women's squad in the tournament

It's a great time to be a Baylor Bear

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 08:51 PM
The Bears have a lot going for them right now:
-The game was over by halftime and Drew didn't need to fall to the floor this time.
-They might get an NIT home game
-The men's team will have a great chance to watch their women's squad in the tournament

It's a great time to be a Baylor Bear

My son and I were just talking (prior to the game) about how last year was a Baylor fans dream...seems like they woke up.

I will say that this isn't the Baylor it used to be, they actually compete in both football and men's hoops. They're on a tough run right now, but you can tell they have some talent.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2013, 09:40 PM
My son and I were just talking (prior to the game) about how last year was a Baylor fans dream...seems like they woke up.

I will say that this isn't the Baylor it used to be, they actually compete in both football and men's hoops. They're on a tough run right now, but you can tell they have some talent.

You're forgetting baseball...

We compete well in virtually every sport we play. That wasn't always the case; although, Baylor has always done well in the non-revenue sports. The fact that our top-tier sports are now competing really makes it a great time to be a Bear. The men have underperformed this season but Drew has vastly improved the program from his predecessor who shall not be named.

I grew up loving OU. I've told the story before, but there's a good chance I would have gone to OU had my parents not been Pokes. My first exposure to Baylor sports (never paid attention to them prior to arriving on campus) was in 2001 as a freshman. Very few universities have ever had to experience an athletic program as bad as ours was in that time frame from top to bottom. Nobody can understand what it was like going to games back then unless they were there. It was truly horrible.

The contrast between then and now is stark. If you had told me in 2001 that 10 years later we'd have a consistent bowl team, a Heisman winner, 2/3 national championships in Women's BB, a strong men's program, an excellent baseball team, a national championship caliber tennis team, etc. etc. then I'd have thought you were on shrooms.

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 09:57 PM
You're forgetting baseball...

We compete well in virtually every sport we play. That wasn't always the case; although, Baylor has always done well in the non-revenue sports. The fact that our top-tier sports are now competing really makes it a great time to be a Bear. The men have underperformed this season but Drew has vastly improved the program from his predecessor who shall not be named.

I grew up loving OU. I've told the story before, but there's a good chance I would have gone to OU had my parents not been Pokes. My first exposure to Baylor sports (never paid attention to them prior to arriving on campus) was in 2001 as a freshman. Very few universities have ever had to experience an athletic program as bad as ours was in that time frame from top to bottom. Nobody can understand what it was like going to games back then unless they were there. It was truly horrible.

The contrast between then and now is stark. If you had told me in 2001 that 10 years later we'd have a consistent bowl team, a Heisman winner, 2/3 national championships in Women's BB, a strong men's program, an excellent baseball team, a national championship caliber tennis team, etc. etc. then I'd have thought you were on shrooms.

I grew up with a guy that had a similar path. He ended up playing baseball at Baylor, and lives in OKC now. He's a Sooner at heart, season ticket holder, etc. But, he loves him some Baylor.

When he was a student, and would come home for the weekends/holidays, we loved to remind him just how awful BU athletics were. He was the first one to text me when RGIII and the Bears upset OU. It was a bittersweet moment for him.

Anyway, I remember the days of Baylor before the Big XII. It's kind of funny now, because if you would have told me then that BU and KSU would have programs at their current level, I would have laughed in your face. Makes you wonder who the next up and comer will be.

kevpks
2/23/2013, 10:03 PM
I'm glad all of that bowl and TV revenue the Big XII threw at Baylor over the years is finally paying dividends for them.

tycat947
2/23/2013, 10:45 PM
I'm glad all of that bowl and TV revenue the Big XII threw at Baylor over the years is finally paying dividends for them.

I'm waiting for Hypocrite U to start PRODUCING some of that revenue!

nighttrain12
2/23/2013, 10:59 PM
I enjoyed attending the game today (including a free t-shirt!). I was laughing when 'Prince' with Baylor picked up his 4th foul late in the first half and they left him in the game. The coach is basically saying, we don't care when you foul out, just get your 5 fouls. In turned out to be early in the 2nd half when he finally did. I thought Baylor was almost effective with their full court press but they would almost always end up fouling after about 8 (of 10) seconds in the back court or just as our ball handler crossed midcourt. We did a great job today of getting to the FT line and then making them. That pretty much prevented any chance of Baylor making a comeback.

Just a couple more wins and we pretty much have that NCAA bid in the bag!