PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Scheduled To Go Broke 10 Years Earlier Due to Fed Policies

FaninAma
2/22/2013, 12:57 PM
http://www.infowars.com/the-federal-reserve-is-systematically-destroying-social-security-and-the-retirement-plans-of-millions-of-americans/
I wonder why this is flying under the media's radar?

The following is one example (http://www.statesman.com/business/personal-finance/low-rates-great-for-spenders-terrible-for-savers-2412529.html?printArticle=y) of how the low interest rate policies of the Fed have completely devastated the retirement plans of many elderly Americans….

You can understand the impact of the invisible tax on the elderly by watching the decline of interest income from $50,000 invested in a five-year Treasury obligation. As recently as 2000, this would have yielded about 6.15 percent and an interest income of $3,075 a year. Now the same obligation is yielding 0.7 percent and an interest income of $350 a year. This is the lowest yield on this maturity of Treasury debt since the Federal Reserve started keeping an index of the yields in 1953.
But it’s more than a low interest rate. It’s an income decline of nearly 89 percent in just 12 years.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/22/2013, 01:51 PM
Because it doesn't mesh with the Progressive and Liberal agenda... They need to show that the gubment can do the job and it is all safe. Like anyone with half a mind believes that **** anyway...

SoonerorLater
2/22/2013, 02:07 PM
I have seen this before. SS has never been funded with anything but promises. Now it's promises that don't pay much of anything. This is precisely why I think we are approaching checkmate. There is nothing we can do at this point that isn't bad. As soon as Treasury rates rise our debt goes parabolic. A third world lifesytle awaits us all

Bourbon St Sooner
2/22/2013, 02:11 PM
Back in August 1967, there were approximately 65 workers for each American that was collecting Social Security disability payments.

Today, there are only 16.2 workers for each American that is collecting Social Security disability payments.

We've truly become a beggar society.

FaninAma
2/22/2013, 02:33 PM
What really bothers me about this is that the Federal Reserve has made a conscious and obvious decision to pick winners and losers and it seems that they have chosen the winners to be those that are in higher risk investments like the stock market. Is it because that is what the Wall Street insiders want? The answer should be obvious.