2/21/2013, 11:26 PM
Heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMp1BxKsuAs&feature=player_embedded

olevetonahill
2/22/2013, 12:46 AM
Heh, I like it.

diverdog
2/22/2013, 03:56 AM
I don't care if folks own assault style rifles or not. But I have always fallen into the category that they were not necessary for hunting. After watching Yukon Men on television I sure as hell changed my mind. Those folks get so short on food that sometimes having 15 shots is better than one. When confronting a griz that is eating your winter supply of smoke salmon on your front porch having 15 rounds is definitely better than one. In the Yukon it seems to me that high capacity clips are a good idea. I would not say it is their preferred weapon of choice but it does seem that they use them on a pretty frequent basis as a necessary tool for survival.

sappstuf
2/22/2013, 04:54 AM
I saw the story about Joe Biden giving his wife advice that could lead to her being charged with felony aggravated menacing and reckless endangering charges.

If only there was an organization that educated people about gun laws and gun usage....

Joe Biden's Shotgun Advice Could Land Jill Biden in Jail

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.

In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said.

"You don't need an AR-15—it's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

However, Delaware law would likely make his suggestion illegal—unless the shots were fired in self-defense in a truly life-threatening situation.

A sergeant with the Wilmington, Del., police department explained to U.S. News that city residents are not allowed to fire guns on their property.

The sergeant, who preferred not to be identified, said that Wilmington residents are also not allowed to shoot trespassers. "On your property you can't just shoot someone," he said. "You have to really feel that your life is being threatened."

Defense attorney John Garey—a former Delaware deputy attorney general—agreed, and added that several criminal charges might result if Jill Biden took her husband's advice.

"In Delaware you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force," Garey said. "There's nothing based on his scenario alone" indicating a reason to fear imminent death, he noted.

Garey said that under Biden's scenario, Jill Biden could be charged with aggravated menacing, a felony, and reckless endangering in the first degree.

"You cannot use deadly force to protect property" in Delaware, added Garey.

"It is not uncommon" for people to be charged with crimes under similar circumstances, he said. "I've seen cases where lawful citizens have used guns outside their homes and they end up arrested."

Rob Wiltbank, a gun rights advocate who founded Delaware Open Carry in 2008, told U.S. News he agrees with the vice president that a shotgun would be good for home protection, but he was also troubled by the hypothetical.

"It would be incredibly irresponsible of a gun owner to blindly discharge a firearm into the air," said Wiltbank. "What goes up, must come down and this specific behavior has been the cause of many negligent homicides over the years."

Tom Shellenberger, a lawyer who serves as a spokesman for the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association, told U.S. News that Biden's security tip was "the worst type of advice."

"I am a member of the Delaware Bar, as is Vice President Biden," noted Shellenberger. "There are a number of statutory restrictions that could be violated by shooting a shotgun 'off the porch.'"

In addition to felony charges, Shellenberger cited the "Discharge of a firearm within 15 yards of a road (7 Del.C. § 719), a misdemeanor," and "Violation of the residential dwelling safety zone as set forth in 7 Del.C. § 723, also a misdemeanor."

"Beyond the potential criminal liability, it is simply bad advice," added Shellenberger. "Not only does blasting blindly away put innocent persons at risk, it also tells the bad guys where you are and that you are armed. In most circumstances, it might be better if that comes as a surprise to the bad guys."

I would also just add that in Biden's scenerio of firing 2 shots in the air from a double-barrel shotgun you have left yourself with zero bullets in the chamber in case the scaring them off doesn't work...

I know the Party of Science has trouble with math, but 2-2=0 shouldn't be beyond them. Except for Biden apparently...

diverdog
2/22/2013, 07:11 AM
I saw the story about Joe Biden giving his wife advice that could lead to her being charged with felony aggravated menacing and reckless endangering charges.

If only there was an organization that educated people about gun laws and gun usage....

I would also just add that in Biden's scenerio of firing 2 shots in the air from a double-barrel shotgun you have left yourself with zero bullets in the chamber in case the scaring them off doesn't work...

I know the Party of Science has trouble with math, but 2-2=0 shouldn't be beyond them. Except for Biden apparently...

Funny thing is that one of the former national presidents of the NRA lives in Dover. He is in my Rotary Club. The only problem is that his advice to Jill would be to shoot Joe first.

KABOOKIE
2/22/2013, 04:59 PM
I can hunt just fine without an AR-15 but I have always fallen into the category that the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor skeet shooting.

jkjsooner
2/23/2013, 10:59 AM
"It would be incredibly irresponsible of a gun owner to blindly discharge a firearm into the air," said Wiltbank. "What goes up, must come down and this specific behavior has been the cause of many negligent homicides over the years."

I know this quote doesn't state this, I get tired of hearing how the bullet will be the same speed as it falls back to the ground.

The terminal velocity of smaller caliber bullets is much slower than the muzzle exit velocity.

If you fire at an angle the horizontal velocity doesn't go to zero so it is more dangerous. If you fire straight up the bullet speed will be limited by terminal velocity. Still dangerous especially with the prevalence of head strikes but nothing like getting hit with a normally fired bullet.

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2013, 11:08 AM
one of those "inside edition" shows had this one last night...lol

guess the girl who asked him or something, wasn't really payin attention, has a slue of guns, including an AK. Said she actually voted the DA ticket as well.

anyways..

Lott's Bandana
2/23/2013, 12:15 PM
Who here hasn't had shotgun pellets rain down upon them after a stupid vertical shot at a laughing dove or duck?

It isn't like an AK firing at a 45deg angle in a populated Middle Eastern city...or Detroit.

Jacie
2/23/2013, 12:16 PM
Since it is the Vice President saying we can all do with a shotgun instead of assault rifles, how about the government swapping us our AR-whatevers for a new shotgun of our choice?

olevetonahill
2/23/2013, 12:22 PM
Who here hasn't had shotgun pellets rain down upon them after a stupid vertical shot at a laughing dove or duck?

It isn't like an AK firing at a 45deg angle in a populated Middle Eastern city...or Detroit.

Im in agreement Bro
If some one says they aint ever been hit with SG pellets then they aint ever been bird huntin.

sappstuf
2/26/2013, 02:57 PM
Funny part starts about the 30 second mark... I can't believe I missed Biden telling women to buy a 12 gauge shotgun because it is easier to shoot than an AR-15.

jafkVM-jnbE

KantoSooner
2/26/2013, 03:32 PM
Can I compromise and get a .12 shottie with a 20 round drum clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=player_detailpage

That, friends and neighbors, is what I call household defense.

(I want this thing so bad I can taste it)

KantoSooner
2/26/2013, 03:33 PM
"Don't do this at home, I'm a professional Russian."

StoopTroup
2/26/2013, 03:35 PM
Can I compromise and get a .12 shottie with a 20 round drum clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=player_detailpage

That, friends and neighbors, is what I call household defense.

(I want this thing so bad I can taste it)

100 round baby! And....I want some of those little missle type grenades! :D

KantoSooner
2/26/2013, 03:59 PM
The armadillos would learn to fear my tread. The bunnies would respect my lettuce, at last! Possums would teach my name to their little possums in voices choked with terror!!! Bwahahahahahahahaaha!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/26/2013, 04:31 PM
Since it is the Vice President saying we can all do with a shotgun instead of assault rifles, how about the government swapping us our AR-whatevers for a new shotgun of our choice?

I would go for the Benelli Tactical...

soonercruiser
2/26/2013, 05:46 PM
Millions of criminals now know that after Biden is out of office, all they need to do to rob the Bidens is wait until they waste the two 12 ga rounds, in the air and walk on in.
Duh!
Prolly comes from his vast military experience...
:stupid:

Ton Loc
2/26/2013, 08:23 PM
I own a few guns and generally respect the NRA's ability to "protect" the second amendment but that commercial is pretty lame. Exactly what was the point? Reestablishing the same point they've made a billion times before but with terrible music, graphics, and a poorly worded script?

If so, job well done.

Now, back to the impossible. Finding some damn ammo so I can make sure the powers that be know that I grant them their ability to rule over me or something...

soonercruiser
2/26/2013, 11:04 PM
Gee! On pro-Constitutional rights commercial, against the thousands of Presidential photo ops and rallies covered by the drive-by media????

Ammo is now becoming more available. Got 100 steel jacket rounds today.
:smug:

sappstuf
2/28/2013, 09:05 AM
More great advice from Biden on how to use a gun...

F&S: What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice?

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.

So now we are blindly firing guns through doors..

KantoSooner
2/28/2013, 09:36 AM
worked for Oscar Pistorius. He no longer need worry about his GF whipping up on him.