PDA

View Full Version : If you are at all interested in end times theology this is an interesting take

achiro
2/21/2013, 05:31 PM
My grandpa was a pastor and talked to me about this stuff quite a bit but this has an interesting take on the antichrist rise and the "666" thing I'd never heard before. Worth a few minutes if you are interested in this sort of thing.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9DBclpfZg

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2013, 05:45 PM
As legit as unicorns.

Turd_Ferguson
2/21/2013, 06:35 PM
As legit as unicorns.

Quit acting like a dick...

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2013, 06:36 PM
Quit acting like a dick...

Sometimes I'm not acting. ;)

achiro
2/21/2013, 06:48 PM
As legit as unicorns.
You are wrong on so many topics (women and Lincoln are a couple) that we should all take this opinion as a strong endorsement that God does exist.

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2013, 06:50 PM
You are wrong on so many topics (women and Lincoln are a couple) that we should all take this opinion as a strong endorsement that God does exist.

Oh, I absolutely believe God exists. There is no doubt there in my mind.

olevetonahill
2/21/2013, 06:55 PM
Sometimes I'm not acting. ;)

When it comes to a Dick you are .:biggrin:

achiro
2/21/2013, 06:59 PM
Oh, I absolutely believe God exists. There is no doubt there in my mind.

Your reverse psychology will not work on me.

FaninAma
2/21/2013, 09:33 PM

Not to hijack your thread but SicEm is wrong about Lincoln only because he is not critical enough of him.

To the point of your thread. There is a God. He doesn't care to show us who he/she/it is. All of those who credit God with all the "blessings" in their lives also need to give him the blame for the tragedies and negative things that happen to them. You don't get to pick and choose which events God gets credit for. I choose to believe God plays no part in any of the events that affect humans and I am unsure of whether he has any regard for humankind.

TAFBSooner
2/21/2013, 11:02 PM
My grandpa was a pastor and talked to me about this stuff quite a bit but this has an interesting take on the antichrist rise and the "666" thing I'd never heard before. Worth a few minutes if you are interested in this sort of thing.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9DBclpfZg

My mother was a Baptist, born in 1921. She told me that preachers and others were predicting the end times as far back as she could remember. This conversation was probably around the time of Hal "Late Great Planet Earth" Lindsey.

After reading some history, they've actually been at it since the days the original Apostles were Left Behind.

It could happen tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it.

Blue
2/21/2013, 11:21 PM
Not to hijack your thread but SicEm is wrong about Lincoln only because he is not critical enough of him.

To the point of your thread. There is a God. He doesn't care to show us who he/she/it is. All of those who credit God with all the "blessings" in their lives also need to give him the blame for the tragedies and negative things that happen to them. You don't get to pick and choose which events God gets credit for. I choose to believe God plays no part in any of the events that affect humans and I am unsure of whether he has any regard for humankind.

It all aint gonna be gravy. Everybody knows that in order to grow, you have to go through trials.

And where did you get your info about who God is? Did you just make all that up?

My religion states otherwise. It claims he absolutely does care about us and even moreso wants a personal relationship with us. However we live in a fallen world ruled by sin and death. So **** will happen. But he's working all things for good to those that love him. IMO.

Paul even says we are to give glory to God in our sufferings knowing that we are partaking in the life and sufferings of Jesus Christ.

Too many have an short term perspective. When you get past death and start thinking eternally its all good. To live is Christ and to die is gain. Another argument would be who is the creation to question the creator? He can do whatever he wants and owes you no explanation. Luckily he's not like that and came to live the life we couldn't live and die the death we deserved. To save us from ourselves.

As far as Revelation, there are many interpretations. But one things for sure, it will all go down one day and Jesus will come back and every knee will bow.

End Rant.
Hopefully that didn't sound self righteous. Just my two cents.

I know I'm the board wastoid, but if anyone is truly interested in talking about the gospel, send me a pm. I would be glad to. These posts dont even scratch the surface of the depths of whats in his word.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/21/2013, 11:39 PM
SURELY you guys aren't preaching the Revelation.

You know what happens if you get it wrong.

achiro
2/22/2013, 12:03 AM
Has anyone that's posted in this thread even taken the time to watch the video? ;)

SCOUT
2/22/2013, 12:31 AM
Informed opinions are overrated. Why speak from a point of being informed when you can speak off the cuff?

Thinking, and stuff...is like, hard?

Midtowner
2/22/2013, 08:49 AM
Has anyone that's posted in this thread even taken the time to watch the video? ;)

Watched the video. Just absurd.

1) Draw some tenuous conclusions from religious texts
2) Paint the "others" as the harbingers of end times
3) ????
4) Profit.

tator
2/22/2013, 11:33 AM
Using the Bible as evidence to people who don't believe the Bible is a waste of your time.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the video, as I am not able to at work. Of that, I am most likely thankful on this particular video.

Blue
2/22/2013, 01:20 PM
Using the Bible as evidence to people who don't believe the Bible is a waste of your time.

I see your point, but on the other hand thats exactly how people come to faith in Christ every day. So sorry.

achiro
2/22/2013, 01:46 PM
I didn't say whether I thought it was right or wrong, just that it was interesting.

FaninAma
2/22/2013, 02:37 PM
It all aint gonna be gravy. Everybody knows that in order to grow, you have to go through trials.

And where did you get your info about who God is? Did you just make all that up?

My religion states otherwise. It claims he absolutely does care about us and even moreso wants a personal relationship with us. However we live in a fallen world ruled by sin and death. So **** will happen. But he's working all things for good to those that love him. IMO.

Paul even says we are to give glory to God in our sufferings knowing that we are partaking in the life and sufferings of Jesus Christ.

Too many have an short term perspective. When you get past death and start thinking eternally its all good. To live is Christ and to die is gain. Another argument would be who is the creation to question the creator? He can do whatever he wants and owes you no explanation. Luckily he's not like that and came to live the life we couldn't live and die the death we deserved. To save us from ourselves.

As far as Revelation, there are many interpretations. But one things for sure, it will all go down one day and Jesus will come back and every knee will bow.

End Rant.
Hopefully that didn't sound self righteous. Just my two cents.

I know I'm the board wastoid, but if anyone is truly interested in talking about the gospel, send me a pm. I would be glad to. These posts dont even scratch the surface of the depths of whats in his word.

So, what did the 3 year old with leukemia who died after suffering through months and months of chemo learn from her trials? How about her 7 year old sister and her parents?

I have seen too much that flies in the face of a loving God even if God stood before me and tried to explain it in person.

SoonerAtKU
2/22/2013, 04:01 PM
This show is insane. I can't believe this exists.

OU68
2/22/2013, 04:16 PM
So, what did the 3 year old with leukemia who died after suffering through months and months of chemo learn from her trials? How about her 7 year old sister and her parents?

I have seen too much that flies in the face of a loving God even if God stood before me and tried to explain it in person.

I wasn't going to get into this, but have to respond - this is a common false argument against God, i.e., if He's loving why do bad things happen. The implication is that everything would be sweetness and light if there really was a God. The Bible never claims that, in fact quite the opposite.

StoopTroup
2/22/2013, 06:33 PM
Your reverse psychology will not work on me.

:D

StoopTroup
2/22/2013, 06:36 PM

This is why everyone on this Earth isn't running around promoting God's goodness. Life on this rock is difficult. I think Dickens did a decent job covering why being a Scrooge all of one's life isn't much of a way to spend one's life either.

FaninAma
2/22/2013, 07:21 PM
I wasn't going to get into this, but have to respond - this is a common false argument against God, i.e., if He's loving why do bad things happen. The implication is that everything would be sweetness and light if there really was a God. The Bible never claims that, in fact quite the opposite.

You misundertood my comments. I never said everything should be sweetness and light. Life is life. God isn't responsible for the bad things that happen to us but neither is he responsible for the good things. He is hands off. Rewarding good Christians or punishing those who aren't would violate the free will tenets of the religion.

Blue
2/23/2013, 12:35 AM

http://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html

Maybe you'll get a start there. God is JUST and everyone gets a fair shot. Maybe worry about yourself. Its easy to reject in whole after you've rejected it personally.

God owes you nothing. No explanation. You have breath bc he allows it.