PDA

View Full Version : Why Women Talk More Than Men...

ouwasp
2/20/2013, 08:53 PM
We've all known this is true, but now we know the why...but the real question, as stated in the comments that follow the article: Is there a cure? Several remedies are mentioned. But no cure...

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/5073/20130220/why-women-talk-more-men-language-protein.htm

8timechamps
2/20/2013, 11:12 PM
I remember when I was in my early twenties, (coaching my kids baseball team), and one of the moms always dropped off and picked up her kid for every practice. At games, the dad may have been at two the entire season. Anyway, my assistant coaches started talking about how she was going to divorce the kids dad because he wasn't holding up his end of being a father and husband. These guys chipped about this every time we saw her at a game of practice. She was an attractive lady, so I'm sure that's where the interest was generated.

Amway, after a month and a half hearing about this, I finally asked her to stay late at practice. So she walks up to me afterward, and says "did you want to see me?". I came up with some small talk, them just said "Are you and your husband getting a divorce?". She looked taken completely off guard, and said "Um, we have issues, but, um, no. We're not getting a divorce". I explained that the rumor had made it around to me, and I wasn't going to do anything except go to the person that could answer. Then I told her not to worry, most of the other woman (that she assumed had started the rumor) were jealous, and to continue on the way things had been.

I reported back to the knuckle dragging assistant coaches, and told them the story. They tucked in their dicks and we all went back to coaching.

Then, about 10 days later, I get a call from the mom (whom I had discussed getting a divorce), and she wanted me to know that they were, in fact, going to be divorced, and that I have been such a positive roll model for their son, that should would love to have me over for Dinner soon. I politely said "No thanks". Then I realized that even being that black and white with my communication, had caused her to read what I said, then reread what I had, then over analyze what I had said, and arrived a some point in her mind that convinced her to ask me out.

I was just trying to show these asshats I coached with that they were being a bunch of women, and to just go ask if they wanted to know. That was the day I made the decision to never, ever, under any circumstances attempt to understand how a woman's brain works. Ever.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 11:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Y3LmpYboY

Wishboned
2/21/2013, 08:57 AM
Years ago I was a telephone operator. I spent all day talking to people. Mostly idiots. So when I came home all I wanted was silence. My ex wife, however, loved to talk.

Finally I was able to transfer out to be a lineman, and then she got a job as an operator. Finally, I thought, she'll come home too tired to talk.

Nope. She would come home, "I'm so glad I get to talk to a real person now." Sigh...

olevetonahill
2/21/2013, 09:07 AM
Years ago I was a telephone operator. I spent all day talking to people. Mostly idiots. So when I came home all I wanted was silence. My ex wife, however, loved to talk.

Finally I was able to transfer out to be a lineman, and then she got a job as an operator. Finally, I thought, she'll come home too tired to talk.

Nope. She would come home, "I'm so glad I get to talk to a real person now." Sigh...

Heh.