PDA

View Full Version : So we really don't need Voter ID Laws... Hmm???

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2013, 01:46 PM
Screw you Progressives! THA was correct again.

The very reason we need positive ID laws to vote... (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/19/ohio-poll-worker-obama-supporter-investigated-for-potentially-voting-six-times/)

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 02:25 PM
If you have to produce a valid ID to buy a mojito at a bar, what is the big deal with producing ID to vote?

diverdog
2/19/2013, 02:26 PM
Screw you Progressives! THA was correct again.

The very reason we need positive ID laws to vote... (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/19/ohio-poll-worker-obama-supporter-investigated-for-potentially-voting-six-times/)

Do you guys watch anything other than Fox? I knew as soon as I saw this in my doctors office it would be on the board.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2013, 02:33 PM
Do you guys watch anything other than Fox? I knew as soon as I saw this in my doctors office it would be on the board.

Look for my next thread about the government taking our guns... Washington state is close to that with the provision that would require Sheriff's office to yearly inspect your home if you have licensed guns... You Progressives don't ever quit and why I have become so shrill, no more compromise...

Oh, BTW, I saw it elsewhere long before Fox picked it up. It is just easier to link to Fox...

FaninAma
2/19/2013, 02:40 PM
The Democrat party's motto: Vote early, vote often.

FaninAma
2/19/2013, 02:42 PM

But I assume you think it's wrong.....right?

BigTip
2/19/2013, 02:46 PM

Exactly. This ONE woman did this thing. I am TOTALLY sure she was the only one in the ENTIRE country that did this. Good thing she was just a stupid Obama fan that thought it was okay to vote six times. Just think if she, and she alone of course, had intentional malfeasance in mind. How many times could she have voted then?

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 02:49 PM
There's certainly a cost associated with the enforcement of this law in terms of folks who will be turned away at the polls. There are some states which have very lax requirements as far as what constitutes ID. Still, other states have some very obviously partisan requirements, for example, Texas won't allow a student ID, but will allow a C&C permit as ID. When it's that crassly worded to suppress a certain group, we can begin to have some problems.

In this case, this may be indicative of an entire corrupt culture among Democrats hell bent on stealing the vote. But the facts we have are that one person and possibly 19 others out of hundreds of millions committed fraud. Not a good reason to even risk potentially turning folks away.

sooner_born_1960
2/19/2013, 02:55 PM
Well, not since Obama won, anyway.

C&CDean
2/19/2013, 03:23 PM
Anyone who is against voter ID doesn't deserve to be an American. You need an ID to go to the doctor. You need an ID to drink. You need an ID to enroll in school. You need an ID to sign up for food stamps/welfare/WIC/etc. You need an ID for damn near everything. But hey, since we all know illegals vote D, no need for an ID for that. WTF?

sappstuf
2/19/2013, 03:30 PM
There's certainly a cost associated with the enforcement of this law in terms of folks who will be turned away at the polls. There are some states which have very lax requirements as far as what constitutes ID. Still, other states have some very obviously partisan requirements, for example, Texas won't allow a student ID, but will allow a C&C permit as ID. When it's that crassly worded to suppress a certain group, we can begin to have some problems.

In this case, this may be indicative of an entire corrupt culture among Democrats hell bent on stealing the vote. But the facts we have are that one person and possibly 19 others out of hundreds of millions committed fraud. Not a good reason to even risk potentially turning folks away.

Texas allows illegals to attend state schools that then need a student ID.. Do you think illegals should be able to vote?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2013, 03:31 PM

Rather than comment on the felonious act or the fact that the election system has been usurped, you have a comment on the messenger location... Typical Saul Alinsky!...Typical Progressive!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2013, 03:32 PM

Saul Alinsky!

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 03:35 PM
Rather than comment on the felonious act or the fact that the election system has been usupred, you have a comment on the messenger location... Typical Saul Alinsky!...Typical Progressive!

Every time I see one of you post something about Alinsky, I roll my eyes. Alinskian tactics are very much employed by RW media groups.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204624204577177272926154002.html

And it's not Alinskian to want to consider policy in its totality rather than support kneejerk reactions to what may or may not be widespread fraud. Do you prefer to act without knowing what the problem is which you are attempting to resolve?

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 03:38 PM
Texas allows illegals to attend state schools that then need a student ID.. Do you think illegals should be able to vote?

Not only do they allow it, in 50 states, it's the law that children here illegally attend school. Texas actually tried to make it illegal for those children to go to school and were handed what I think is one of the most resounding bitch slaps ever by the Supreme Court when they held Texas' law had no rational basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

OU68
2/19/2013, 03:39 PM
Anyone who is against voter ID doesn't deserve to be an American. You need an ID to go to the doctor. You need an ID to drink. You need an ID to enroll in school. You need an ID to sign up for food stamps/welfare/WIC/etc. You need an ID for damn near everything. But hey, since we all know illegals vote D, no need for an ID for that. WTF?

Yeah, I've often wondered how someone who can't manage an ID can find a polling place a mark a ballot?????

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I've often wondered how someone who can't manage an ID can find a polling place a mark a ballot?????

A seventy-plus year old non driver might not have the inclination or even the knowledge to obtain a state issued ID card. We'll throw that vote out, but olevet gets to vote. How is that fair?

SoonerInFortSmith
2/19/2013, 03:44 PM

That's one person plus 19 others in ONE county in Ohio. And the worst offender was a poll worker! Who possibly cast 6 or 7 votes. If you think this is isolated and acceptable you are ignorant or delusional.

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 03:46 PM
More random thoughts on this subject:

If you can't figure out a butterfly ballot....you are too stupid to vote. And I will happily watch you be disenfranchised.

If you can't follow the instructions to fill out your ballot, you are too stupid to vote and you shouldn't have the franchise anyway.

If you can't manage to put together one piece of government issued picture ID in your life, you are too disorganized, and possibly too stupid, to vote.

If, in a given election, you can not get a ride to a polling place, or arrange for an absentee ballot, with all the hourly contacts from both parties, falling all over themselves to get you to the polls, with the League of Women Voters and half the civic orgs in every county in the country all working overtime to get you there, then you are either too lazy, too disorganized or, quite possibly, too stupid to vote.

If you find it in someway too intrusive to be asked to prove that you are, indeed, that person who is registered to vote on the polling station roles, then you are a dooshbag of truly epic proportions, and I don't feel bad if you're denied the right to vote.

People should be warned well in advance if the rules are going to change, but showing ID is not a breach of anyone's civil liberties, their constitutional rights or anything else. My God, you have to show ID to get the Senior Citizen discount at Furr's Cafeteria. You'd think the same degree of care would be warranted in the act of casting a vote for President.

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 03:47 PM
That's one person plus 19 others in ONE county in Ohio. And the worst offender was a poll worker! Who possibly cast 6 or 7 votes. If you think this is isolated and acceptable you are ignorant or delusional.

I didn't say it was isolated or acceptable. Voter fraud is always unacceptable. Whether it was isolated or not, do you have any evidence to suggest anything, or is this just speculation on your part?

rock on sooner
2/19/2013, 03:54 PM
Here in Iowa, like several other states, the Sec of State is pushing for a voter ID
requirement. Why? Out of the 1 1/2 million or so votes, there were two cases of
potential fraud discovered. Voter ID requirements will disenfranchise a number of
voters, mostly poor and elderly, but I don't think it is that big of deal. There will be
counter movements to properly ID those folks, so they'll be able to vote anyway.
IMO, those voters in Ohio should be prosecuted and if guilty, a big fine and even
jail time. Make them an example.

Just something else to keep Fox News busy....

okie52
2/19/2013, 03:59 PM
Here in Iowa, like several other states, the Sec of State is pushing for a voter ID
requirement. Why? Out of the 1 1/2 million or so votes, there were two cases of
potential fraud discovered. Voter ID requirements will disenfranchise a number of
voters, mostly poor and elderly, but I don't think it is that big of deal. There will be
counter movements to properly ID those folks, so they'll be able to vote anyway.
IMO, those voters in Ohio should be prosecuted and if guilty, a big fine and even
jail time. Make them an example.

Just something else to keep Fox News busy....

I like disenfranchising those that refuse to get an ID...Hell, there are 11,000,000 here in the US we know don't have an ID or valid one.

OU68
2/19/2013, 04:05 PM
A seventy-plus year old non driver might not have the inclination or even the knowledge to obtain a state issued ID card. We'll throw that vote out, but olevet gets to vote. How is that fair?

Dayum boy, olevet gets to vote as many times as he wants with/or without ID - paytenshun!!

sappstuf
2/19/2013, 04:05 PM
Not only do they allow it, in 50 states, it's the law that children here illegally attend school. Texas actually tried to make it illegal for those children to go to school and were handed what I think is one of the most resounding bitch slaps ever by the Supreme Court when they held Texas' law had no rational basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

From your link:

The application of Plyler v. Doe has been limited to K-12 schooling.

We are obviously talking about college since we are talking about voting age.

Stay on topic counselor.

rock on sooner
2/19/2013, 04:07 PM
I like disenfranchising those that refuse to get an ID...Hell, there are 11,000,000 here in the US we know don't have an ID or valid one.

That's a good point, Okie, about the 11Mil. I'm pretty sure, though, that very
few of those will worry about voting. The legitimate ones, poor (can't afford $25
or whatever) and the elderly, can't drive, infirm, etc. are the ones that the
counter movement will go after. In truth, it amounts to buying votes, and I am
certain that both parties will aggressively pursue it.

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 04:11 PM
From your link:

We are obviously talking about college since we are talking about voting age.

Stay on topic counselor.

When you say "state schools," who do you think runs K-12 schools?

kevpks
2/19/2013, 04:13 PM
That's a good point, Okie, about the 11Mil. I'm pretty sure, though, that very
few of those will worry about voting. The legitimate ones, poor (can't afford $25
or whatever) and the elderly, can't drive, infirm, etc. are the ones that the
counter movement will go after. In truth, it amounts to buying votes, and I am
certain that both parties will aggressively pursue it.

If someone can't afford and ID or drive to get one, there should be a mechanism in place to assist them to get one for free. This government wastes money on less meaningful things all the time. A citizen wishing to engage in his/her civic duty should be able to do so regardless of their economic circumstances. I sure as hell would rather help subsidize an ID card for an elderly or handicapped voter than a free cell phone for some deadbeat.

sappstuf
2/19/2013, 04:14 PM
Minority and Dem voters went up after voter laws went into effect in Indiana and Georgia.

Kansas offered free IDs to people who did not have them last year. 1.8 million registered voters in the state.. 32 showed up for a free ID.

sappstuf
2/19/2013, 04:15 PM
When you say "state schools," who do you think runs K-12 schools?

When we are having a conversation about Voter ID laws, you really think we are talking about kindergartners?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/19/2013, 04:19 PM

Texas allows green card holders obtain C&C permits. Do you think green card holders should be able to vote?

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 04:25 PM
When we are having a conversation about Voter ID laws, you really think we are talking about kindergartners?

Nope, just all students in state schools also eligible to vote, which I'm sure is a substantial number of HS seniors, maybe some dumb juniors in the mix too.

Soonerjeepman
2/19/2013, 04:31 PM
People should be warned well in advance if the rules are going to change, but showing ID is not a breach of anyone's civil liberties, their constitutional rights or anything else. My God, you have to show ID to get the Senior Citizen discount at Furr's Cafeteria. You'd think the same degree of care would be warranted in the act of casting a vote for President.

lol..no $hit...you would think, wouldn't ya.

I know in Ks it's illegal to NOT have any ID on ya....worked beer sales at an outdoor concert area...actually enforcement after the sales. Whether ya have a beer or not.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 04:56 PM

Cause I'm A Citizen who served his country proudly. I know how to speak the american Language, I know how to Obtain an ID and or D.L. and have the Insurance and every other requirement to have such.
Now go **** yourself matlock.

okie52
2/19/2013, 04:57 PM
Texas allows green card holders obtain C&C permits. Do you think green card holders should be able to vote?

I didn't know you needed a permit for cash and carry...kind of the illegal creed.

diverdog
2/19/2013, 05:04 PM
But I assume you think it's wrong.....right?

No I don't. I have no problem with voter ID laws.

This article is about 19 cases. Hardly enough to swing a national election. Secondly, I have never seen evidence on a national level in the last 30 years where voter fraud determined the outcome of a national election.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 05:10 PM
No I don't. I have no problem with voter ID laws.

This article is about 19 cases. Hardly enough to swing a national election. Secondly, I have never seen evidence on a national level in the last 30 years where voter fraud determined the outcome of a national election.

So DD 19 cases aint a Big deal? These 19 happened just this Past election right?

Yet Most Libs are screaming about AR bans because 3 or 4 mass shootings happened last year.
Yer math is screwed .

diverdog
2/19/2013, 05:18 PM
So DD 19 cases aint a Big deal? These 19 happened just this Past election right?

Yet Most Libs are screaming about AR bans because 3 or 4 mass shootings happened last year.
Yer math is screwed .

I don't think anyone died from voter fraud in this article.

The 19 need to go to jail. That is all. It is not evidence of some mass problem. 128,000,000 people voted in the last election.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 05:25 PM
I don't think anyone died from voter fraud in this article.

The 19 need to go to jail. That is all. It is not evidence of some mass problem. 128,000,000 people voted in the last election.

Yea well theres about 150,000,0000 LEGAL gun owners that have never cause a Problem either.
So 4 incidents of Gun Crime is NOT evidence of a Mass Problem either now is it?

diverdog
2/19/2013, 05:30 PM
Yea well theres about 150,000,0000 LEGAL gun owners that have never cause a Problem either.
So 4 incidents of Gun Crime is NOT evidence of a Mass Problem either now is it?

Why are you beating me up on guns? The only thing I am for is better background checks and some more beefed up trafficking laws.

FaninAma
2/19/2013, 05:35 PM

How does that same 70 year old prove he is entitled to medicare benfits at his local hospital? How does that same 70 year old cash a check or make a withdrawal from his bank account?

You're just being silly.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 05:38 PM
Why are you beating me up on guns? The only thing I am for is better background checks and some more beefed up trafficking laws.

Not YOU in particular so much as Libs in general :chuncky:

okie52
2/19/2013, 05:42 PM
Not YOU in particular so much as Libs in general :chuncky:

Diver doesn't think of hiimself as a lib...just thinks that many of us "okies" are radical righties. Sometimes he's right about that...er correct.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 05:50 PM
Diver doesn't think of hiimself as a lib...just thinks that many of us "okies" are radical righties. Sometimes he's right about that...er correct.

DD is a Reasonable Lib there are a few others that are just arseholes.

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 05:52 PM

No, because they're not citizens, or not citizens, yet. Drivers licenses, electrician licenses, a whole bunch of things you can get and in fact must have in some circumstances that don't make you eligible to vote. I believe it is still the case that foreign citizens can serve in the armed forces; so we have soldiers and marines, in uniform, who are not privileged to vote in our elections.

diverdog
2/19/2013, 05:56 PM

of the tin foil hat kind. Some of the chit my cousins send me is out there....way out there. Do you know the Bush's are in bed with the Nazi's and part of the new world order?

C&CDean
2/19/2013, 06:09 PM
of the tin foil hat kind. Some of the chit my cousins send me is out there....way out there. Do you know the Bush's are in bed with the Nazi's and part of the new world order?

Well, yeah?

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 06:14 PM
Cause I'm A Citizen who served his country proudly. I know how to speak the american Language, I know how to Obtain an ID and or D.L. and have the Insurance and every other requirement to have such.

So?

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 06:15 PM
So?

Now thats a Brilliant come back, Good jorb Matlock.

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 06:17 PM

Yer math is screwed .

You're equating mass shootings to 19 cases of unproven voter fraud?

rock on sooner
2/19/2013, 06:18 PM

There are some who think the Bush's are Tri-Lateralists.....

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 06:21 PM
You're equating mass shootings to 19 cases of unproven voter fraud?

You got that from my post huh?
No dumas Im comparing statistics.

cleller
2/19/2013, 07:14 PM
Eh, we been over this a ton. The law would HELP stop people from voting illegally, and make it more difficult on the dumb and/or lazy, so the Dems will never support it.

Soonerfan88
2/19/2013, 08:14 PM
In the student ID vs. CC permit argument:

I work on a university and have shown several people to the ID office. The work-study student at the ID desk has never once, that I have seen, asked for anything to verify who is getting the ID. So anyone could walk off the street, give the name of a current student and get a university ID. I sincerely doubt whoever runs the CC program just takes someone's word on their name before issuing the permit.

BigTip
2/19/2013, 08:55 PM
I didn't say it was isolated or acceptable. Voter fraud is always unacceptable. Whether it was isolated or not, do you have any evidence to suggest anything, or is this just speculation on your part?

Not speculation, but extrapolation. It's called sampling. That's how pollsters work. They ask 100 random people who they are voting for and then they predict who wins the election by extrapolating the results of their poll.

Same thing here. A woman's voter fraud is not even surreptitious. What about all those avid Obama supporters that are smarter and more ambitious in their fraudulent efforts toward his election? One can assume that this act is not an isolated incident. And the point to the thread is that is so easily accomplished because there is no voter ID laws that would, if not prevent fraud, at least diminish it.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/19/2013, 09:10 PM

I have the numbers that were given in the linked article from the original post. It wasn't 20 people out of "hundreds of millions". They are investigating 20 people in one Ohio county. ONE.

One of the problems with all of the politically correct BS these days is that some people would rather let horse****e like this go than to risk offending a few overly sensitive people.

soonercruiser
2/19/2013, 09:29 PM
Because, Diver, the liberal media do not cover anything except good news for the LEFT!
:indecisiveness:

soonercruiser
2/19/2013, 09:31 PM
Prolly "not"!
Diver probably thinks that they should vote more often, considering what they are getting for their vote.

soonercruiser
2/19/2013, 09:32 PM
Every time I see one of you post something about Alinsky, I roll my eyes. Alinskian tactics are very much employed by RW media groups.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204624204577177272926154002.html

And it's not Alinskian to want to consider policy in its totality rather than support kneejerk reactions to what may or may not be widespread fraud. Do you prefer to act without knowing what the problem is which you are attempting to resolve?

Would this be anything like the LW knee jerk reaction of anti-gun legislation, Mid???

diverdog
2/19/2013, 10:29 PM
There are some who think the Bush's are Tri-Lateralists.....

According to my wacky family that is true. Plus the belong to the CFR and along with the Jewish bankers they are going to take over the world.

diverdog
2/19/2013, 10:42 PM
I have the numbers that were given in the linked article from the original post. It wasn't 20 people out of "hundreds of millions". They are investigating 20 people in one Ohio county. ONE.

One of the problems with all of the politically correct BS these days is that some people would rather let horse****e like this go than to risk offending a few overly sensitive people.

Obama won by about 5,000,000 votes. I hardly think voter fraud played a part in his victory.

TAFBSooner
2/19/2013, 10:45 PM

W's grandfather WAS in bed with the Nazis (so was Lindbergh). Some on the left tried to paint 41 and 43 with that brush. That was wrong, and it's been very sobering to see what that looks like from the other side.

diverdog
2/19/2013, 10:47 PM
W's grandfather WAS in bed with the Nazis (so was Lindbergh). Some on the left tried to paint 41 and 43 with that brush. That was wrong, and it's been very sobering to see what that looks like from the other side.

Interesting.

sappstuf
2/19/2013, 11:31 PM
Nope, just all students in state schools also eligible to vote, which I'm sure is a substantial number of HS seniors, maybe some dumb juniors in the mix too.

And you don't think the vast majority of them have driver's licenses?

The Justice Department could only come up with one... One example of an 18 year in Texas that didn't have a car and claimed her parent were too busy to take her to get an ID.

How she would have managed to get to the voting booth even with an ID remains a mystery....

BigTip
2/20/2013, 12:12 AM
Obama won by about 5,000,000 votes. I hardly think voter fraud played a part in his victory.
The popular vote means very little, as we all know. It is up to the electoral college to decide the outcome. The election was decided in a handful of swing states. Several things were written, before the election, about how it was all going to come down to Ohio. They broke it down further to a single "swing" county within Ohio. Cuyahoga county.
It doesn't take many people voting six times to swing the results of a particular county.
The 19 people in Cincinnati are not that far from Cleveland. So yes, perhaps voter fraud did effect the outcome of this election.

Only a small percentage of banks get robbed each year. But that doesn't mean that they stop locking the doors at all the other ones in the country. You take precautions against bad things happening, even if there is a small chance of the bad things happening.

Midtowner
2/20/2013, 12:37 AM
And you don't think the vast majority of them have driver's licenses?

The Justice Department could only come up with one... One example of an 18 year in Texas that didn't have a car and claimed her parent were too busy to take her to get an ID.

How she would have managed to get to the voting booth even with an ID remains a mystery....

And yet, how many Texas voter fraud cases have been proved?

diverdog
2/20/2013, 02:02 AM
The popular vote means very little, as we all know. It is up to the electoral college to decide the outcome. The election was decided in a handful of swing states. Several things were written, before the election, about how it was all going to come down to Ohio. They broke it down further to a single "swing" county within Ohio. Cuyahoga county.
It doesn't take many people voting six times to swing the results of a particular county.
The 19 people in Cincinnati are not that far from Cleveland. So yes, perhaps voter fraud did effect the outcome of this election.

Only a small percentage of banks get robbed each year. But that doesn't mean that they stop locking the doors at all the other ones in the country. You take precautions against bad things happening, even if there is a small chance of the bad things happening.

Obama would have won without Ohio. He won by 132 electorial votes.

Face it Romney ran a chitty campaign and he was not a bit likable.

sappstuf
2/20/2013, 05:48 AM
And yet, how many Texas voter fraud cases have been proved?

The point you are trying to make is if something doesn't happen very often then there shouldn't be anything in place to ensure it doesn't. What a silly proposition... Especially from a lawyer. I don't think you have thought through your position very well.

But in the end, it does not matter. The SCOTUS has already approved of Indiana's even tougher laws 6-3. The only reason Texas is still in question relates back to the civil rights era and some Southern States are treated differently in these matters. That will not stand the test of time though.

In Indiana and Georgia tougher Voter ID laws did not disenfranchise anyone and minority voting increased. All you have are boogeyman arguments and anecdotal evidence.

The facts clearly show no one is hurt by these laws except the willfully stupid.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 05:55 AM
The point you are trying to make is if something doesn't happen very often then there shouldn't be anything in place to ensure it doesn't. What a silly proposition... Especially from a lawyer. I don't think you have thought through your position very well.

But in the end, it does not matter. The SCOTUS has already approved of Indiana's even tougher laws 6-3. The only reason Texas is still in question relates back to the civil rights era and some Southern States are treated differently in these matters. That will not stand the test of time though.

In Indiana and Georgia tougher Voter ID laws did not disenfranchise anyone and minority voting increased. All you have are boogeyman arguments and anecdotal evidence.

The facts clearly show no one is hurt by these laws except the willfully stupid.
Matlock is an IDIOT

okie52
2/20/2013, 05:56 AM

Joe Kennedy lost his ambassadorship to England because he didn't want the US to support the brits against the nazis.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 06:02 AM
Who GAS ? Really ?
The Catholic church Went all out to help to help to help the Nazis
The CC was and is Corrupt. Do we really care ?
The religion is ****ed up,

okie52
2/20/2013, 06:22 AM
I GAS.

I'm usually interested in history...particularly about WWII.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 06:36 AM
I GAS.

I'm usually interested in history...particularly about WWII.

Whats SAD is the CC did its best to Help the Nazis get the stolen wealth out of Germany and Moved to Argentina. The really ****ed up part of this was the OSS the for runner of the CIA was involved

sappstuf
2/20/2013, 07:05 AM
Joe Kennedy lost his ambassadorship to England because he didn't want the US to support the brits against the nazis.

A true American hero.

A quote from a Brit describing Joe Kennedy during the war:

I thought my daffodils were yellow until I met Joe Kennedy.

diverdog
2/20/2013, 07:11 AM
A true American hero.

still he lost a son and damn near lost Jack. That is a pretty high price to pay.

sappstuf
2/20/2013, 07:39 AM
still he lost a son and damn near lost Jack. That is a pretty high price to pay.

And I will never say anything bad about the son he lost over England... But those actions don't reflect on Joe.

Lobotomizing his daughter probably counts though....

cleller
2/20/2013, 09:47 AM
Joe Kennedy was a lousy POS. His later life was full of misery, pain, and heartbreak. Coincidence?

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 10:11 AM

You're right. It was voter stupidity.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2013, 10:41 AM

BFD, a lot of people lost family members. The Kennedy's and their drug running are no better than the people who lost multiple family members in that war and probably never committed a crime. Eff the Kennedy's.

okie52
2/20/2013, 11:26 AM
A true American hero.

Funny thing about Joe...he was good friends and a strong supporter of McCarthy.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 11:31 AM

So that makes it OK that he was an arsehole? That dont compute there Will Smith.

rock on sooner
2/20/2013, 12:28 PM
BFD, a lot of people lost family members. The Kennedy's and their drug running are no better than the people who lost multiple family members in that war and probably never committed a crime. Eff the Kennedy's.

Don't think the Kennedys were into drug running, unless you consider
gin and Scotch whiskey as drugs, since Kennedy had exclusivity on
Gordon's Gin, Dewar's Scotch and Haig and Haig Scotch after prohibition.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 12:45 PM

Well, whats the Dif? Illegal Drugs or Illegal hooch? Still breakin the law.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2013, 02:56 PM

He ran liquor during prohibition, an illegal drug. He was a drug runner with Capone and Jewish mafia, all alike...

rock on sooner
2/20/2013, 04:21 PM
He ran liquor during prohibition, an illegal drug. He was a drug runner with Capone and Jewish mafia, all alike...

There were a lot of rumors about his bootlegging (while probably true) and none were
proven. He did lock up national distribution of the three labels I mentioned and became
very wealthy because of that, shrewd real estate investments and the movie business
(RKO pictures).

BigTip
2/20/2013, 06:07 PM
Obama would have won without Ohio. He won by 132 electorial votes.

Face it Romney ran a chitty campaign and he was not a bit likable.

Poor reading comprehension, then a deflection. Excellent.

Yes he would have won without Ohio. But before the election, the pundits did theorize, that it might come down to Ohio. So some nefarious war room somewhere could have very well targeted Ohio for vote manipulation. And, again, the point is to say that yes, a presidential election could be stolen. That's why we need protection from it happening.