PDA

View Full Version : DE Toby Johnson

landrun
2/15/2013, 01:43 PM
Wasn't this guy supposed to decide who he is playing for today?

Any news??

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2013, 02:02 PM
said....he was really disappointed about Shipp being let go...doubt he commits

stoops the eternal pimp
2/15/2013, 02:11 PM
19th I thought...Either way, He ain't comin

Fraggle145
2/15/2013, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu5LDQeHJ4

KantoSooner
2/15/2013, 05:26 PM
I've been known to do better than that.

Seamus
2/15/2013, 05:28 PM
Broccoli and black beans. Gets 'em every time.

8timechamps
2/15/2013, 05:58 PM
He's a DT, and OU is out of the picture. I'm not sure how much he was considering OU anyway, but he made it clear after Shipp left that he wouldn't be heading to Norman.

MyT Oklahoma
2/15/2013, 11:17 PM
The OU football program is a lot bigger than any one player, coach, or donor. If he didn't like the way our program is run (i.e., Shipp leaving) then he is better off somewhere else because we cater to no one.

8timechamps
2/15/2013, 11:23 PM
The OU football program is a lot bigger than any one player, coach, or donor. If he didn't like the way our program is run (i.e., Shipp leaving) then he is better off somewhere else because we cater to no one.

Yep.

That's true for any recruit. In fact, I always wonder about the guys that string out their recruiting process to the bitter end. I know in some cases, they really need the time to make a decision, but I'm not sure sure that applies in this case. Anyway, the program is always bigger than any one player....except maybe AD. :)

MyT Oklahoma
2/15/2013, 11:23 PM

^^ These fart videos are classic. Thanks for sharing.

MyT Oklahoma
2/15/2013, 11:24 PM
Yep.

That's true for any recruit. In fact, I always wonder about the guys that string out their recruiting process to the bitter end. I know in some cases, they really need the time to make a decision, but I'm not sure sure that applies in this case. Anyway, the program is always bigger than any one player....except maybe AD. :)

AD was a team player. OU hit it big time when he signed to play in Norman.

8timechamps
2/15/2013, 11:27 PM
AD was a team player. OU hit it big time when he signed to play in Norman.

I know, I was just kidding.

Speaking of running backs, and this is off topic, but redshirt freshman Alex Ross completed his winter testing over the weekend, and ran a 4.40 40. He's a big kid 6'1" close to 200 lbs. I knew he was a tough runner, but didn't realize he had speed. I think OU is gonna be in good shape at RB for the next few years.

Fraggle145
2/15/2013, 11:59 PM
^^ These fart videos are classic. Thanks for sharing.

No problem. It was my opinion of this kid's opinion about coming to OU...

OkieThunderLion
2/16/2013, 11:34 AM

Would you commit with no knowledge of your position coach? I probably wouldn't. Hard to blame him.

MyT Oklahoma
2/16/2013, 11:13 PM
Would you commit with no knowledge of your position coach? I probably wouldn't. Hard to blame him.

Oh I understand and I appreciate your point. However, I may be old fashioned but there are more reasons than who your position coach is in order to chose which college to play football for. OU's tradition would be the prime reason for me but then I am an OU fan.

But anyone who really doesn't want to be in Norman for whatever his reasons might be, is welcome to go elsewhere.

MyT Oklahoma
2/16/2013, 11:13 PM
No problem. It was my opinion of this kid's opinion about coming to OU...

And those videos were classic.

8timechamps
2/17/2013, 06:50 PM
Oh I understand and I appreciate your point. However, I may be old fashioned but there are more reasons than who your position coach is in order to chose which college to play football for. OU's tradition would be the prime reason for me but then I am an OU fan.

But anyone who really doesn't want to be in Norman for whatever his reasons might be, is welcome to go elsewhere.

Agreed.

Here's the thing about what Johnson said, he said something to the affect of "OU just fired the coach that was recruiting me, and people wonder why I haven't committed yet...", so, he has ESP and knew Shipp wasn't going to be at OU? Please.

As OkieThunderLion said, not many (if any) players would commit without knowing who the position coach is, but in TJ's case, he's using that as some kind of attention strategy, or as an excuse.

Boomer.....
2/19/2013, 04:51 PM
Commits to Georgia

8timechamps
2/19/2013, 06:14 PM
Commits to Georgia

All of that, and the kid ends up right where everyone thought he would in the beginning. LOL

Fraggle145
2/19/2013, 06:47 PM
Just to reiterate...

Seamus
2/19/2013, 07:43 PM
Allow me to paraphrase Ben Franklin, who, in 1791 referred to King George:

"**** that turd."