PDA

View Full Version : WTF? IowaState Shoots 34 Free Throw, OU Shoots 14?

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 10:40 PM
And ISU wins by 4? Crap like this is the biggest reason I can't get serious about basketball.

Blue
2/15/2013, 12:28 AM
Wimmenz or Men? If wimmenz I can understand. They are like chickens w/ their heads cut off w/ a multi colred small ball.

hawaii 5-0
2/15/2013, 12:55 AM
Iowa State's Post women had their way with the Sooners. Most points were made in the paint.

Tons of offensive rebounds with easy putback and getting fouled.

OU had no answer except by double teaming them once they had the ball.

The women played valiantly but just came up short.

5-0

badger
2/15/2013, 09:12 AM
last night was V-Day nite, so I just recorded the game, then when I heard we lost by 4, I just watched the final minutes to see what happened then deleted it.

now I'm thinking maybe i should have saved it to see wtf there was such a huge free throw descrepency

FaninAma
2/15/2013, 09:19 AM
The officials just have too much determination over who wins and loses in basketball even at the NBA level. Their over-involvement ruins the sport for me.

Remember KD getting a lot of ticky-tack fouls called on him early in a couple of the games last year in the title series? How about the 1st Dallas-Miami championship series when Duane Wade could do no wrong(and I don't like Dallas but they got hosed in that series)?

Then there was the last LA-Boston championship series that went down to the 7th game and you could tell who was going to win by the way the refs were officiating. I called it in the 1st quarter.

How about the Kansas-OU NCAA title game when Danny Manning had 3 fouls at half then proceeded to play very physical in th middle against Stacey King yet did not pick up another foul in the 2nd half.

MsProudSooner
2/15/2013, 12:36 PM
last night was V-Day nite, so I just recorded the game, then when I heard we lost by 4, I just watched the final minutes to see what happened then deleted it.

now I'm thinking maybe i should have saved it to see wtf there was such a huge free throw descrepency

Look at the entire box score. It's truly a shake your head moment. The only think I can figure it is the officials were confused by the color of the uniforms. Normally, the home team wears white and the visitors wear their darker colored uniforms. Last night was Pack The Place Pink night. In honor of that, we wore pink uniforms. Iowa State wore white. The officials thought they were giving the home team the typical home court advantage.

Curly Bill
2/15/2013, 01:46 PM
The officials just have too much determination over who wins and loses in basketball even at the NBA level. Their over-involvement ruins the sport for me.

Remember KD getting a lot of ticky-tack fouls called on him early in a couple of the games last year in the title series? How about the 1st Dallas-Miami championship series when Duane Wade could do no wrong(and I don't like Dallas but they got hosed in that series)?

Then there was the last LA-Boston championship series that went down to the 7th game and you could tell who was going to win by the way the refs were officiating. I called it in the 1st quarter.

How about the Kansas-OU NCAA title game when Danny Manning had 3 fouls at half then proceeded to play very physical in th middle against Stacey King yet did not pick up another foul in the 2nd half.

The officials have too much say in who wins ESPECIALLY at the NBA level. The talent there is so close amongst teams that the way a game is called, including early foul trouble on a particular player has a huge impact.

The 2006 Miami-Dallas series is still a disgrace.

tycat947
2/16/2013, 02:04 PM

You're exactly right! Officiating, especially in NCAA basketball, men's AND women's, is atrotious. You think it can't get worse and it does!

Same with the Thunder! They didn't look like the Thunder team at all in the finals! It's really pathetic.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/16/2013, 02:56 PM
Look at the entire box score. It's truly a shake your head moment. The only think I can figure it is the officials were confused by the color of the uniforms. Normally, the home team wears white and the visitors wear their darker colored uniforms. Last night was Pack The Place Pink night. In honor of that, we wore pink uniforms. Iowa State wore white. The officials thought they were giving the home team the typical home court advantage.You must be too young to remember the Football Game of the Century IN NORMAN 1971, or the domer game last year IN NORMAN, when the refs new just when to step in, and award phantom penalties on OU.

SoonerorLater
2/16/2013, 03:22 PM
I've never been one to automatically assume poor officiating because more fouls are called on one team than another. Sometimes when your out-matched you end up fouling. That said it's also a bit unusual when one team gets more physical the other doesn't retaliate in kind to some extent.

BB is IMO the most difficult game to officiate. You can watch two different games and wonder if they are playing by the same rules. The greatest problem I have with College BB is it's so very difficult to make a great defensive play without being called for a foul, especially in the paint. The one I hate the most is the charging or blocking calls. There is no consistency. Same thing called charging one time and blocking the next.

Eielson
2/17/2013, 01:17 AM

Despite the fact that the series was so hyped up, the Lakers dominated that series early. Stern fixed it up to extend the series, but they overcorrected, and nearly handed it to the Celtics. Game 7 was fixed, but only to correct their earlier mistakes. They very often will extend a series, but they generally try not fix it completely (but there are certainly exceptions). Donaghy was absolutely exposing the NBA that post-season. He was picking games with unreal accuracy, and he used in-depth video and analysis to show the NBA's agenda in the finals. I don't think this is all that common in lower levels of basketball, though.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/17/2013, 12:20 PM
The problem is how officials are positioned. An official is responsible for the post on one side and the top on the other. This means if you get a set of bipolar refs (ie one calls nothing down low and touch up top and the other is exactly the opposite) the calls weigh heavy on one side of the floor. With the way that college has 3 refs one team will have bias against it.