PDA

View Full Version : I Don't understand This: President Made No Calls The Night Of the Benghazi Attack

Pages : [1] 2

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 05:10 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/14/white-house-no-phone-calls-benghazi/

Really? Did he just go back to sleep? This guy really is in over his head in his current job. I think over the next 4 years this fact will become painfully obvious to anybody with an active brain wave or 2.(Sorry, that doesn't include most of his base)

I also hope this craters whatever is left of any good will the mainstream press has left in this country among people who, again, actually have an active brain wave or 2.

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 06:45 PM
I'm still hoping for a well deserved impeachment along with jail time for half his cabinet.

XingTheRubicon
2/14/2013, 07:15 PM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4366/69984750.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/69984750.jpg/)

no phone. sleeping.

Midtowner
2/14/2013, 07:24 PM
I wonder whether the President ever places phone calls for himself? Or whether once he delegates something, he expects folks to call him with reports?

This is just spin and bull****. Nothing horrible happened. The ball was dropped by whoever determined the Benghazi embassy needed minimal protection. From that point on, the ambassador was doomed.

diverdog
2/14/2013, 07:31 PM
I'm still hoping for a well deserved impeachment along with jail time for half his cabinet.

Based on what?

achiro
2/14/2013, 07:55 PM
I wonder whether the President ever places phone calls for himself? Or whether once he delegates something, he expects folks to call him with reports?

This is just spin and bull****. Nothing horrible happened. The ball was dropped by whoever determined the Benghazi embassy needed minimal protection. From that point on, the ambassador was doomed.

So on a night when several embassy's were being attacked, several others had demonstrations, and of course Benghazi, the Prez didn't care enough about what was going on to call someone and find out and you're ok with that because "nothing horrible happened"? Moron doesn't even begin to describe you. People died and the prez needed his beauty sleep because a campaign trip to Vegas was more important than national security.

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 08:04 PM
So on a night when several embassy's were being attacked, several others had demonstrations, and of course Benghazi, the Prez didn't care enough about what was going on to call someone and find out and you're ok with that because "nothing horrible happened"? Moron doesn't even begin to describe you. People died and the prez needed his beauty sleep because a campaign trip to Vegas was more important than national security.

Come Achiro, Nothing Horrible really happened. It aint Like the Family Dog was run over or anything.:stupid:

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 08:42 PM

You're right. As your embassy is being attacked and your ambassador is being killed and raped along with several support staff no one should mistakingly believe that the incident should rise to the level of having the President get involved personally.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 08:43 PM
I am actually starting to think Mid is just a troll.

KABOOKIE
2/14/2013, 08:53 PM
Our president is a troll.

hawaii 5-0
2/14/2013, 09:12 PM

Me thinks the Embassy is in Tripoli. It was a consulate or something. Still should have had protection for the Ambassador tho. Even if troops are only required to guard State secrets, not necessarily to protect Employees of the State Dept. Those are farmed out.

5-0

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 09:15 PM
Me thinks the Embassy is in Tripoli. It was a consulate or something. Still should have had protection for the Ambassador tho. Even if troops are only required to guard State secrets, not necessarily to protect Employees of the State Dept. Those are farmed out.

5-0
You are correct. Why was Obama not on the phone with Libyan officals and our military leaders closest to Libya? I cannot fathom the possibility that our Commander in Chief made no phone calls that night.

Midtowner
2/14/2013, 09:20 PM

His defense secretary was handling things.

Romney being elected would have been a much larger blow to our country than anything which happened in Benghazi. And as we all know, nothing anyone could have done would have made a difference that night, so it looks like you're whining about nothing.

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 09:42 PM
I am actually starting to think Mid is just a troll.

Starting to? It's been rather obvious, maybe I'm just more cynical than you are.

hawaii 5-0
2/14/2013, 09:55 PM
You are correct. Why was Obama not on the phone with Libyan officals and our military leaders closest to Libya? I cannot fathom the possibility that our Commander in Chief made no phone calls that night.

Uh, maybe someone else was delegated to handle calls to other countries in these situations.

Maybe he was on the phone trying to divert some Nuke crisis instead. Did someone monitor calls from the White House?

Since it wasn't the Embassy that was attacked I'm guessing some lower level official handled it.

Where was the President when the front of the embassy was blown off in Lebanon in '63 and loss of life was much larger?

5-0

hawaii 5-0
2/14/2013, 09:57 PM
Sorry to argue on this thread 'cause some still think Obama never mentioned it was an act of terror till weeks later, when in fact he mentioned it the day after the attack.

We're all outraged over any loss of life.

5-0

TitoMorelli
2/14/2013, 10:03 PM
Where was the President when the front of the embassy was blown off in Lebanon in '63 and loss of life was much larger?

5-0

It's a safe bet that he at least was doing whatever could be done back then to monitor the situation. Unlike the current campaigner in chief.

Sorry to argue on this thread 'cause some still think Obama never mentioned it was an act of terror till weeks later, when in fact he mentioned it the day after the attack.
5-0

Gee thanks, Candy.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 10:12 PM
His defense secretary was handling things.

Romney being elected would have been a much larger blow to our country than anything which happened in Benghazi. And as we all know, nothing anyone could have done would have made a difference that night, so it looks like you're whining about nothing.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good one. So who will handle the next attack on our own soil.....Michelle?

diverdog
2/14/2013, 10:12 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly what Obama was suppose to do?

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 10:15 PM

5-0

I'm guessing you meant '83. I fail to see the comparison between an instantaneous bomb blast and a coordinated attack that played out over several hours with real time intelligence and live video footage, but I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 10:16 PM
Uh, maybe someone else was delegated to handle calls to other countries in these situations.

Maybe he was on the phone trying to divert some Nuke crisis instead. Did someone monitor calls from the White House?

Since it wasn't the Embassy that was attacked I'm guessing some lower level official handled it.

5-0

What do you not understand about the statement that Obama " made NO calls" that night?

i guess it depends on what your definition of is is....or in this case what your definition of " no" is.

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 10:16 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly what Obama was suppose to do?

You mean besides absolutely nothing?

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 10:22 PM
This is ****in hilarious.
We have Matlock portrayin Obammy. Also appearing is H2-0 as Uncle Joe Biden. With DD as Billary.

diverdog
2/14/2013, 10:35 PM
You mean besides absolutely nothing?

No. Tell me what you want him to do. Be specific.

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 10:40 PM

Its TOO ****in late now for him to do any dayum thing. Sheesh Boy Pay tention.:very_drunk:

cleller
2/14/2013, 10:46 PM
As far as him not making any calls- what did you expect? Some type of decisive concrete action?

diverdog
2/14/2013, 10:47 PM
Its TOO ****in late now for him to do any dayum thing. Sheesh Boy Pay tention.:very_drunk:

Vet,

You of all people on this board should know what it is like to have a POTUS micro manage a war or a battle. The lesson learned in SEA is to keep politicians out of military decisions. Quite honestly I am glad he stayed out of it. A lot more people may have died.

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 10:50 PM

Be ****ing Presidential for God's sake. At least pretend he gives a damn about the United States and American citizens. Wtf is wrong with you? Because you are a puss and can't think of anything doesn't make it acceptable to do NOTHING. Do you understand what NOTHING means?

Oh well, "what difference, at this point, does it make?".

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 10:51 PM
Vet,

You of all people on this board should know what it is like to have a POTUS micro manage a war or a battle. The lesson learned in SEA is to keep politicians out of military decisions. Quite honestly I am glad he stayed out of it. A lot more people may have died.

But Bro, That wasnt a WAR, It was OUR ambassador under attack.
Sides Im just doing my best to stir the pot. :very_drunk:

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 10:55 PM
As far as him not making any calls- what did you expect? Some type of decisive concrete action?

True. :)

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 10:59 PM
Really? How about calling the Libyan PM( or whatever he's called). Calling the military commander of the north Africa region. Calling the chief of the joint chiefs of staff. Make contact with anybody in the US embassy in Tripoli.

Are you really giving this asswipe a pass on this massive dereliction of duty?

olevetonahill
Be ****ing Presidential for God's sake. Wtf is wrong with you? Because you are a puss and can't think of anything doesn't make it acceptable to do NOTHING. Do you understand what NOTHING means?

Nothing Dont mean nothing honey if it aint free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-QfMv7Fzw

diverdog
Be ****ing Presidential for God's sake. Wtf is wrong with you? Because you are a puss and can't think of anything doesn't make it acceptable to do NOTHING. Do you understand what NOTHING means?

bean:

One of the Expeditionary Air Wings that I was attached to did fast deployments with the 82nd and 101st Airborne. I have a pretty good idea on what our capabilities are. Early on I said there was not enough time to do a deployment/rescue and the military has pretty much backed up my opinion. Nothing would have changed had the President made a call.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 11:02 PM
bean:

One of the Expeditionary Air Wings that I was attached to did fast deployments with the 82nd and 101st Airborne. I have a pretty good idea on what our capabilities are. Early on I said there was not enough time to do a deployment/rescue and the military has pretty much backed up my opinion. Nothing would have changed had the President made a call.
Amazing. Truly amazing.

diverdog
2/14/2013, 11:07 PM
Amazing. Truly amazing.

Okay explain to me exactly the forces and capabilities in Africa Command that could have intervened in this fight. Where would they have come from?

Do you think the President could order the Libyans to send troops? What about backlash from an area that was barely under their control if at all.

cleller
2/14/2013, 11:15 PM
Okay explain to me exactly the forces and capabilities in Africa Command that could have intervened in this fight. Where would they have come from?

Do you think the President could order the Libyans to send troops?

I think what people are incredulous over is that he doesn't grab the phone and call AFRICOM and ask if anything could be done. Gen Carter Ham has said he had resources in the area. (according to this congressman)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/top-africom-leader-general-carter-ham-was-never-ordered-to-save-us-men-in-benghazi-video/

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 11:15 PM

Do you think the President could order the Libyans to send troops? What about backlash from an area that was barely under their control if at all.

DD , Even if there was really Nothing he could do, Are you sayin it was OK that Obammy said, they gonna die anyway Im going to bed?

Guess Im old skool, I dont care if its impossible, Ima try somethin.

soonercruiser
2/14/2013, 11:23 PM
Obammy's just biding his time until the whole thing "blows" over...like Clinton.
He would agree with Hillary...."what difference does it make"??? It's only 4 lives....compared to millions of babies a year.

And the Defense Secretary was too busy telling the straight troops to "stand down".
...and the gay troops to "stand up" for their benefits....."I got your back"!

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2013, 11:26 PM
bean:

I don't care if you're the guy that killed Osama bin Laden, your argument is asinine and infantile. Kind of like our President.

diverdog
2/14/2013, 11:48 PM
DD , Even if there was really Nothing he could do, Are you sayin it was OK that Obammy said, they gonna die anyway Im going to bed?

Guess Im old skool, I dont care if its impossible, Ima try somethin.

Vet:

I expect that he was briefed beyond that I do not know what he could have done.

My position is that they should have never been in Benghazi in the first place.

diverdog
2/14/2013, 11:52 PM
I think what people are incredulous over is that he doesn't grab the phone and call AFRICOM and ask if anything could be done. Gen Carter Ham has said he had resources in the area. (according to this congressman)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/top-africom-leader-general-carter-ham-was-never-ordered-to-save-us-men-in-benghazi-video/

They were at least an hour away if the plane is sitting on the runway ready to go. It was not. And from everything I have read they did not have forces in place nor were they going to send them without a clear idea of what was going on the ground. We had no AC 130's and there one good option of sending CAS with F16's was nixed because of civilians in the area.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/4/behind-crisis-in-benghazi-a-lack-of-firepower/

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 11:53 PM
Vet:

Dont matter if they shoulda or shouldnta , They WERE , Thats the point, The HNIC should have at least tried to do sompun bro.

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 11:55 PM
They were at least an hour away if the plane is sitting on the runway ready to go. It was not. And from everything I have read they did not have forces in place nor were they going to send them without a clear idea of what was going on the ground.

Ok DD a Hypothetical
You sittin in yer office, You get a call from home , hear some screaming and a voice sayin OMG they are breaking IN. You are over an hour away. Cops are over an hour away. What do you do?

diverdog
2/14/2013, 11:56 PM
I don't care if you're the guy that killed Osama bin Laden, your argument is asinine and infantile. Kind of like our President.

And you are clueless. This ain't some Tom Clancy movie. It takes time to move forces and react.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 12:07 AM
Ok DD a Hypothetical
You sittin in yer office, You get a call from home , hear some screaming and a voice sayin OMG they are breaking IN. You are over an hour away. Cops are over an hour away. What do you do?

Pray because there is nothing I can do. By the time I get there it will be over.

Vet, our military was trying to figure out a way to help them and they had no good options. None!

Had Obama called you guys (not you Vet) would be bitching that he interfered or was micro managing. Even in the OBL raid he pretty much sat on the sidelines and let the military do the work.

There is a lot that I do not like about Obama but his handling of fighting AQ has been top notch. He has been as hawkish as GWB but for some reason that is not good enough for the Republicans.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 12:11 AM
Dont matter if they shoulda or shouldnta , They WERE , Thats the point, The HNIC should have at least tried to do sompun bro.

Vet:

From a PR standpoint you are right. But it would not have made a difference IMHO. We got caught with our pants down. Now I would agree that people should have been fired. However, according to Secretary Clinton that is against the law. Should she have resigned? I do not know.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 12:14 AM
Come on Bro, Your family is in immanent danger and you tellin me all you gonna do is PRAY?

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2013, 12:16 AM
And you are clueless. This ain't some Tom Clancy movie. It takes time to move forces and react.

You are missing the point of this thread.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 12:20 AM
Come on Bro, Your family is in immanent danger and you tellin me all you gonna do is PRAY?

Vet I have no weapons in my car. Are you saying the police have been called or they haven't been called.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 12:22 AM
You are missing the point of this thread.

What is the point? That all you guys hate Obama with every fiber in your body? Because I pretty much get that. :)

Read the WT article that I linked in response to clellar. It is a good read.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 12:23 AM
Vet I have no weapons in my car. Are you saying the police have been called or they haven't been called.

Dont matter but say yea the PoPo been called and Your both over an hour away. What are you going to do?

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 12:25 AM
What is the point? That all you guys hate Obama with every fiber in your body? Because I pretty much get that. :)

Read the WT article that I linked in response to clellar. It is a good read.

I dont hate the MF. I just aint got much use fer him. Course I aint got much use for any of them asswipes

hawaii 5-0
2/15/2013, 12:49 AM
Vet:

The Ambassador with a questionable social lifestyle had no business being in such an unstable place at all. Just speaking the language doesn't give you free rein to go into the raghead ghetto.

He should have been in Tripoli. Why wasn't he?

On an earlier post I meant '83, not '63 for the attack in Lebanon. I think 63 marines and embassy employees died. BTW, an act of terror is an act of terror, no matter how spontaneous or planned it is.

5-0

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 12:52 AM
The Ambassador with a questionable social lifestyle had no business being in such an unstable place at all. Just speaking the language doesn't give you free rein to go into the raghead ghetto.

On an earlier post I meant '83, not '63 for the attack in Lebanon. I think 63 marines and embassy employees died. BTW, an act of terror is an act of terror, no matter how spontaneous or planned it is.

5-0

What was or is questionable about his Life style?

sappstuf
2/15/2013, 12:56 AM
I'm not questioning Obama's actions in this case.

I'm afraid I'll get droned....

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 01:00 AM
I'm not questioning Obama's actions in this case.

I'm afraid I'll get droned....

:excitement::very_drunk:

Heh Im still waitin on H2-0 to tell me whats questionable.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 01:39 AM
What was or is questionable about his Life style?

He liked sea men.

Turd_Ferguson
2/15/2013, 05:33 AM
He liked sea men.

Are y'all talking about H2-0?

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2013, 08:29 AM

WTF does him being a butt pirate have to do with anything? Especially in 2012 with this Administration? Sounds like you're just making stuff up.

5-0

No, actually it was 241 Americans killed. The difference wasn't in spontaneity or planning, as both of the events were obviously planned. Your question was what was Reagan doing during the Beirut attack, who knows? It was over in milliseconds, the Benghazi thing was over in several hours. Big difference that you apparently can't/won't understand.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 08:42 AM
He liked sea men.

But dont H 2-0 Say thats NORMAL? why is he now referring to it as Questionable?Why does his Life style have anything to do with letting him die?

Where did H 2-0 go when I asked him a question that he didnt want to answer?

Wishboned
2/15/2013, 08:43 AM
WTF does him being a butt pirate have to do with anything? Especially in 2012 with this Administration? Sounds like you're just making stuff up.

No, actually it was 241 Americans killed. The difference wasn't in spontaneity or planning, as both of the events were obviously planned. Your question was what was Reagan doing during the Beirut attack, who knows? It was over in milliseconds, the Benghazi thing was over in several hours. Big difference that you apparently can't/won't understand.

That was the Marine barracks bombing. The embassy bombing happened in April, and the Marine barracks were bombed in October.

pphilfran
2/15/2013, 08:47 AM
No need to call the fire department since the house will probably be burnt down when they get there...

No need to call an ambulance since the heart attack seems fatal...

Just because you might be late does not make it acceptable to do the minimum...

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2013, 09:11 AM
That was the Marine barracks bombing. The embassy bombing happened in April, and the Marine barracks were bombed in October.

Oh yeah, sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the religion of peace's murderous terrorist acts, forgot about that one. My point remains the same though.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 09:11 AM
No need to call the fire department since the house will probably be burnt down when they get there...

No need to call an ambulance since the heart attack seems fatal...

Just because you might be late does not make it acceptable to do the minimum...

Yup.
I asked 2 kinda hard questions last night and both parties avoided an answer.

FaninAma
2/15/2013, 09:38 AM
bean:

He is an asswipe because he delegated something to subordinates that should have never been delegated. He is overmatched and over his head in the current job. He has no clue what to do about the economy. He has no clue what to do about foreign policy. He is more helpless than George W. Bush. We should all fall down on our knees every night and pray that a serious crisis doesn't hit us until there is somebody in the Oval office who has a freaking clue about how to lead.

XingTheRubicon
2/15/2013, 09:40 AM
I was wondering how our nation had become so mindblowingly ignorant as to elect leaders that are so clearly in over their heads. I thought Bush reading "My Pet Goat" was bad on 9/11...but that was for a few minutes. Now, this.

I criticized Bush, deservedly so, for a few minutes that really didn't amount to much. If you are defending Obama's "Sergio Kindle Emergency Protocol" or SKEP, if you will...then you are a mindless sheep.

Fraggle145
2/15/2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu5LDQeHJ4

diverdog
2/15/2013, 02:54 PM

Being gay in Libya is a severe crime. He should have never been sent there.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 02:56 PM

Jeeezus. That is f**king funny.

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2013, 03:21 PM

yup...why do you think they raped him....(not you DD but others).

BUT I do agree MORE should have been done BEFORE...that is also an issue. I thought they have already proved that for 6-7 months before all this they asked for more security but nothing was done. Clinton and a whole bunch should have had their a$$es handed to them...legal or not.

MORE should have been done during as well. obama just let it ride. Yes, not much COULD have been done to interrupt it from happening by US troops, but it's unbelievable he didn't do anything...well maybe not.

Also make ya wonder WHY would clinton and obama send a gay person into an area that is totally against that, besides the fact they luv their gays.

C&CDean
2/15/2013, 03:25 PM
Dude was raped before they killed him?

Fraggle145
2/15/2013, 03:44 PM
Jeeezus. That is f**king funny.

I know, right?

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2013, 03:55 PM
from what I remember reading he was sodomized...not sure if before or after...

Soonerjeepman
2/15/2013, 03:56 PM

nice....

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 04:00 PM

So if being queer is a crime there what they do the the Fags who raped him?

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 04:02 PM

5-0

Still want the Water boy to explain That statement that I bolded.

diverdog
2/15/2013, 05:20 PM
yup...why do you think they raped him....(not you DD but others).

BUT I do agree MORE should have been done BEFORE...that is also an issue. I thought they have already proved that for 6-7 months before all this they asked for more security but nothing was done. Clinton and a whole bunch should have had their a$$es handed to them...legal or not.

MORE should have been done during as well. obama just let it ride. Yes, not much COULD have been done to interrupt it from happening by US troops, but it's unbelievable he didn't do anything...well maybe not.

Also make ya wonder WHY would clinton and obama send a gay person into an area that is totally against that, besides the fact they luv their gays.

If I were doing this investigation I would want to know why he was there in the first place. I bet that never sees the light of day. All the other questions are secondary to that fact.

SoonerProphet
2/15/2013, 06:13 PM
Snopes say Stevens wasn't raped.

Benghazi was the heart of the revolution and it would seem Stevens wanted to continue some type of presence in the area, especially since the Brits had packed up and split. Dude knew the area better than anyone in the US govermnent, he was among the first to show up in Benghazi on some king of Greek cargo ship, and was know doubt attempting to keep connected, if not extend our contacts.

Regarding the Obama deal, would opine it is a solid sample of negligence with keeping informed. Hell, we had all kinds of **** going down and the Commander in Chief prolly should at least act like he is on the horn to someone. Rather obvious it is politically damagaing, they sat on it. But again, negligence is not some grand scheme to kill undermine US security or an evil act. The political grandstanding has become odious. How about trying to look at the issues and polices. Is it wise to have such interventionist stance to other nations political dealings? Do we need to increase funding to diplomatic security? What is the status of military forces in countries with weak central, or non existent governments. If we are, then we should be prepared to stand tall and admit that **** hits the fan and people get killed, not obscure the details or bang the table in search of an "issue-gate".

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2013/02/10/benghazi-adequate-security-and-reporting-what-you-know-before-you-know-it/

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2013, 06:19 PM
They have a saying in the Middle East: "women are for babies, boys are for fun". And they're serious about it. Some rich sheiks were buying us drinks a few times in Bahrain.

Midtowner
2/15/2013, 09:47 PM
The biggest trouble here is something which crosses throughout RW bubble politics, RWers are responding to this false version of Obama they've created instead of responding to anything he actually is or did. Agreed with Prophet, it was politically damaging during the election that this happened as it did. He sat on it instead of losing the election. Stephens was dead and that wasn't changing. The reality is that force allocations at Benghazi were totally indefensible. Obama had nothing to do with it, but it was election time and reality doesn't matter.

Had Obama been in the situation room for photo ops and constantly demanding updates on the situation, nothing, not one thing changes. We had help on the way, the only remotely workable help right away. They turned back when they realized it would be futile. End.of.story.

But yeah, go ahead and milk the death of an ambassador and some contractors for everything it's worth. Go for it 'pubs. Crass politicking at its best.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 09:52 PM
Hey Matlock
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6brQdcxQPG5CLVeUKVLr9qlkDa-QUed9nxLycdRffuEAqDSJo

hawaii 5-0
2/15/2013, 10:44 PM
Still want the Water boy to explain That statement that I bolded.

I've got a very full life outside of this message board. I don't let it rule my life.

The question has been answered by others posters if you bothered to read them.

Being gay and maintaining that lifestyle in a Muslim country can get one killed in terrible ways.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
2/15/2013, 10:55 PM
Personally, I've got several friends of both sexes that are gay. One guy in particular gives the best hugs. I'm not homophobic, as no one should be.

Interesting how all the rednecks are backing a gay man. It's really refreshing. I salute you all.

5-0

SCOUT
2/16/2013, 02:37 AM
Snopes say Stevens wasn't raped.

Benghazi was the heart of the revolution and it would seem Stevens wanted to continue some type of presence in the area, especially since the Brits had packed up and split. Dude knew the area better than anyone in the US govermnent, he was among the first to show up in Benghazi on some king of Greek cargo ship, and was know doubt attempting to keep connected, if not extend our contacts.

Regarding the Obama deal, would opine it is a solid sample of negligence with keeping informed. Hell, we had all kinds of **** going down and the Commander in Chief prolly should at least act like he is on the horn to someone. Rather obvious it is politically damagaing, they sat on it. But again, negligence is not some grand scheme to kill undermine US security or an evil act. The political grandstanding has become odious. How about trying to look at the issues and polices. Is it wise to have such interventionist stance to other nations political dealings? Do we need to increase funding to diplomatic security? What is the status of military forces in countries with weak central, or non existent governments. If we are, then we should be prepared to stand tall and admit that **** hits the fan and people get killed, not obscure the details or bang the table in search of an "issue-gate".

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2013/02/10/benghazi-adequate-security-and-reporting-what-you-know-before-you-know-it/
Weird. When I check snopes it says that the claim is undetermined. Do you have a different snopes link?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stevens.asp

olevetonahill
2/16/2013, 08:30 AM

5-0

I've got a very full life outside of this message board. I don't let it rule my life.

Being gay and maintaining that lifestyle in a Muslim country can get one killed in terrible ways.

5-0

Personally, I've got several friends of both sexes that are gay. One guy in particular gives the best hugs. I'm not homophobic, as no one should be.

Interesting how all the rednecks are backing a gay man. It's really refreshing. I salute you all.

5-0

Your really gonna just let these statements hang?

First you defend Obammy by sayin its the Stevens FAULT for Being where he was and Being Gay. Then when questioned about YOUR meaning of "Questionable Life Style" You say Others have answered FOR you. (Right)
Now You Defend yourself sayin "(I love this part) "Some of my best friends are Gay" . Who cares? Why is Gay not Gay even an issue in your mind?

Then you try to attack the others posters here as Being Rednecks and How enlighnted we are for Defending a Gay person.
WHY did you even bring up his sexual preferences?

No one but you in your attempt to deflect responsibility from Obammy mentioned anything about HIM .

Now Back to the Topic.

How in hell could Obammy just go on to bed KNOWING HIS man there is getting killed?
Now you try to twist that around and Blame

Midtowner
2/16/2013, 08:38 AM
How in hell could Obammy just go on to bed KNOWING HIS man there is getting killed?

1,500+ soldiers and marines have died in Afghanistan. Are you saying the 4 who died in Afghanistan are a bigger deal than all of those?

MILLLLLK IT.

olevetonahill
2/16/2013, 08:43 AM
1,500+ soldiers and marines have died in Afghanistan. Are you saying the 4 who died in Afghanistan are a bigger deal than all of those?

MILLLLLK IT.

Keep on deflectin and spinnin there matlock. Yer waterboy Has a Life so he will take the second shift.

Midtowner
2/16/2013, 09:01 AM
Keep on deflectin and spinnin there matlock. Yer waterboy Has a Life so he will take the second shift.

And how can Obama sleep knowing that folks are still dying in Afghanistan? How is he not constantly in the situation room ignoring all else every time someone shoots at Americans.

MIILLLLK IT.

olevetonahill
2/16/2013, 09:26 AM
And YOU call me an Ignernt Rube. Tell me matlock does it hurt to be so ****ing stupid?

cleller
2/16/2013, 09:28 AM
A US consulate being attacked in Libya doesn't seem at all similar to a Marine firefight in a war zone. Those are soldiers who have entered a battle with all the equipment and oversight necessary. They have commanders and resources in place and available to deal with whatever comes up. They've got artillery, gunships, warplanes, medivac choppers, doctors, you name it. The consulate was helpless in comparison. "Helpless" pretty well describes it.

Is it possible that what they are covering up is that Obama wasn't even there? What about the possibility that he and old Chicago buddy Jesse Jackson Jr were out hitting the DC hostesses that night? I think Blago has an alibi.

olevetonahill
2/16/2013, 09:31 AM
A US consulate being attacked in Libya doesn't seem at all similar to a Marine firefight in a war zone. Those are soldiers who have entered a battle with all the equipment and oversight necessary. They have commanders and resources in place and available to deal with whatever comes up. They've got artillery, gunships, warplanes, medivac choppers, doctors, you name it. The consulate was helpless in comparison. "Helpless" pretty well describes it.

Is it possible that what they are covering up is that Obama wasn't even there? What about the possibility that he and old Chicago buddy Jesse Jackson Jr were out hitting the DC hostesses that night? I think Blago has an alibi.

Heh. Matlock and H 2-0 deserve one another.

sappstuf
2/16/2013, 09:38 AM

Not to mention that for hours we didn't know where the ambassador was. If he was alive, dead or taken as a hostage... We knew nothing. Couple that with the fact that we hadn't lost an ambassador in the line of duty like this in over 30 years and this was clearly way outside of routine

If that is the concern Obama has for the highest ranking official in a country in a extremely unusual situation, I'm fairly certain I know where the average grunt rates in Obama's concerns.

Soonerjeepman
2/16/2013, 10:52 AM
The biggest trouble here is something which crosses throughout RW bubble politics, RWers are responding to this false version of Obama they've created instead of responding to anything he actually is or did. Agreed with Prophet, it was politically damaging during the election that this happened as it did. He sat on it instead of losing the election. Stephens was dead and that wasn't changing. The reality is that force allocations at Benghazi were totally indefensible. Obama had nothing to do with it, but it was election time and reality doesn't matter.

Had Obama been in the situation room for photo ops and constantly demanding updates on the situation, nothing, not one thing changes. We had help on the way, the only remotely workable help right away. They turned back when they realized it would be futile. End.of.story.

But yeah, go ahead and milk the death of an ambassador and some contractors for everything it's worth. Go for it 'pubs. Crass politicking at its best.

how many months were they asking for more security and nothing was done? I love how you bring up the election and obama wanted to win and that is more important than telling the truth. Thought your dude was all about transparency?

C&CDean
2/16/2013, 01:23 PM

IDGAS, but do you really think your boy did everything he could to prevent these poor bastards from getting killed? Also, if it were a pub in office would you be sounding just like these guys condemning him? Don't lie.

I rest my case.

Midtowner
2/16/2013, 04:03 PM
IDGAS, but do you really think your boy did everything he could to prevent these poor bastards from getting killed?

Yep. What else could have been done? Sit in a situation room for some photo ops?

Also, if it were a pub in office would you be sounding just like these guys condemning him? Don't lie.

I rest my case.

I hope I'd have enough perspective to know the difference between a real event reflecting on the character of the POTUS and the other party taking some cheap hits.

hawaii 5-0
2/16/2013, 05:05 PM
Your really gonna just let these statements hang?

First you defend Obammy by sayin its the Stevens FAULT for Being where he was and Being Gay. Then when questioned about YOUR meaning of "Questionable Life Style" You say Others have answered FOR you. (Right)
Now You Defend yourself sayin "(I love this part) "Some of my best friends are Gay" . Who cares? Why is Gay not Gay even an issue in your mind?

Then you try to attack the others posters here as Being Rednecks and How enlighnted we are for Defending a Gay person.
WHY did you even bring up his sexual preferences?

No one but you in your attempt to deflect responsibility from Obammy mentioned anything about HIM .

Now Back to the Topic.

First off, I'm not attacking anyone for being a redneck. It is what it is. I used to be one and I've got a lotta redneck friends and relatives.

Remember, I'm the Okie. You're not.

BTW, where were you born exactly?

5-0

hawaii 5-0
2/16/2013, 05:14 PM
how many months were they asking for more security and nothing was done? I love how you bring up the election and obama wanted to win and that is more important than telling the truth. Thought your dude was all about transparency?

Just curious.......when they asked for more security was it for the Embassy (marines) in Tripoli or for the consulate (private contractors) in Benghazi ?

Personally, I freely admit that politics played a part in the reluctance of Obama to give information right before an election. How much, I dunno. The video of him calling it an act of terror the day after is a fact tho. I also believe the the intel was flawed, just like it was when the US went to war against Iraq.

That sure didn't stop Rummy, Cheney and their puppet Bush from spending billions of $$$$ and costing thousands of lives.

Where's that outrage??

5-0

hawaii 5-0
2/16/2013, 05:18 PM

MILLLLLK IT.

Don't expect an answer if it doesn't fit the Repub dogma.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
2/16/2013, 05:54 PM
Don't expect an answer if it doesn't fit the Repub dogma.

5-0

olevetonahill
2/16/2013, 09:34 PM
First off, I'm not attacking anyone for being a redneck. It is what it is. I used to be one and I've got a lotta redneck friends and relatives.

Remember, I'm the Okie. You're not.

BTW, where were you born exactly?

5-0

Exactly? Not sure, But the town was Tempe AZ.

Now your attackin me Because I wasn't born and raised in Oklahoma?
Who Left this Great state and Who lives here now?
Bite me buttwipe.

You cant respond to a simple question and give an intelligent response.

So again , Why do you call a Homosexual lifestyle 'Questionable"?

soonercruiser
2/16/2013, 11:22 PM

So, Mid!
You sayin' their lives were worth nothing?
And no one should be held accountable for the deplorable security situation?
Obama's whole mantra on the speaking circuit on Obamacare and anti-gun legislation is...."if we can save just one life"!
Duh! HYPOCRIT!

Besides, if it was something that would have helped his re-election, he would have had a photo-op news conference in the Benghazi Rose Garden with some of the troops and the Ambassadors family if he would have saved them.
You know, letters from the kids in the family sayin' "thanks for saving my Daddy".
:nonchalance:

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 05:05 PM
Ya ever notice how when Matlock an H 2-0 get their asses handed to em they slink off and never return to a thread but Pop up Very fast in new threads?

Its a Mystery aint it? :chuncky:

FaninAma
2/19/2013, 05:39 PM
Ya ever notice how when Matlock an H 2-0 get their asses handed to em they slink off and never return to a thread but Pop up Very fast in new threads?

Its a Mystery aint it? :chuncky:

They'll be back becuase they don't like to participate in a logic based discussion but just wait until they can unleash their emotional rhetoric.

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 06:39 PM
IDGAS, but do you really think your boy did everything he could to prevent these poor bastards from getting killed? Also, if it were a pub in office would you be sounding just like these guys condemning him? Don't lie.

I rest my case.

And if he'd been Johnny on the spot for photo ops in the situation room with all of his advisers, you'd be whining about him trying to turn political lemons into lemonade. When you are dealing with RW bubblers, Obama's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 06:45 PM
Dont you get Dizzy from all that Spinning ya do?:snowman:

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 06:50 PM
So, Mid!
You sayin' their lives were worth nothing?

I never said that. You still have completely failed to tell me what additional forces could have been sent or what additional work the President could have done or how he was responsible for any way for force allocations to a consulate in Benghazi except in a tenuous buck stopping here sense.

And no one should be held accountable for the deplorable security situation?
Obama's whole mantra on the speaking circuit on Obamacare and anti-gun legislation is...."if we can save just one life"!
Duh! HYPOCRIT!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/19/us-usa-benghazi-report-idUSBRE8BI04P20121219

The reports so far show that we have a bureaucracy which is poorly equipped to handle consulates in high risk areas. If anything, it's reasonable to assume that the bureaucracy worked like it was supposed to and the wrong thing happened. If that's the case, you can't make any heads roll. It's a dangerous world. **** happens.

Besides, if it was something that would have helped his re-election, he would have had a photo-op news conference in the Benghazi Rose Garden with some of the troops and the Ambassadors family if he would have saved them.
You know, letters from the kids in the family sayin' "thanks for saving my Daddy".
:nonchalance:

Just about any politician would absolutely do that. That's the nature of the beast.

hawaii 5-0
2/20/2013, 09:59 AM
Exactly? Not sure, But the town was Tempe AZ.

Now your attackin me Because I wasn't born and raised in Oklahoma?
Who Left this Great state and Who lives here now?
Bite me buttwipe.

You cant respond to a simple question and give an intelligent response.

So again , Why do you call a Homosexual lifestyle 'Questionable"?

As I've implied before, I don't live on this Board.

Tell ya what......you answer my questions on Post #97 and I'll answer your question about 'questionable lifestyle'.

BTW, It's your problem if you feel attacked, but I'm not attacking you. Just setting the record straight about who's an Okie. I'll always be one wherever I go.

And not humble.

5-0

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2013, 10:50 AM
Based on what?

Dereliction of Duty and failure to uphold the Constitution...

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 11:50 AM
Just curious.......when they asked for more security was it for the Embassy (marines) in Tripoli or for the consulate (private contractors) in Benghazi ?

Personally, I freely admit that politics played a part in the reluctance of Obama to give information right before an election. How much, I dunno. The video of him calling it an act of terror the day after is a fact tho. I also believe the the intel was flawed, just like it was when the US went to war against Iraq.

That sure didn't stop Rummy, Cheney and their puppet Bush from spending billions of $$$$ and costing thousands of lives.

Where's that outrage??

5-0

As I've implied before, I don't live on this Board.

Tell ya what......you answer my questions on Post #97 and I'll answer your question about 'questionable lifestyle'.

BTW, It's your problem if you feel attacked, but I'm not attacking you. Just setting the record straight about who's an Okie. I'll always be one wherever I go.

And not humble.

5-0

Well aint YOU special, I ask a question from Page ONE and now you want me to answer one You asked on page 5?before you will answer My question?
I dont give a **** WHERE you live, You made the statement Not I.
So again, Bite me water boy.

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 12:23 PM
And if he'd been Johnny on the spot for photo ops in the situation room with all of his advisers, you'd be whining about him trying to turn political lemons into lemonade. When you are dealing with RW bubblers, Obama's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

What does this mean? And what is a "RW bubbler?" A sex toy?

Obama is damned because he's a massive POS in every possible way. I mean he might be cool to hang around with, drink a couple fowties and smoke a blunt, but as POTUS? Are you ****ing kidding me? You're a tool dude.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 12:29 PM
What does this mean? And what is a "RW bubbler?" A sex toy?

Obama is damned because he's a massive POS in every possible way. I mean he might be cool to hang around with, drink a couple fowties and smoke a blunt, but as POTUS? Are you ****ing kidding me? You're a tool dude.

Tool? you mean this?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThtoSytnd--zdFofmAfZqADRuYzg1KnIKtOyBxiRNeE_zKGmgr

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 12:36 PM
Pretty much. I mean I'm sure there's some value, but I just ain't seeing it.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 12:39 PM
Pretty much. I mean I'm sure there's some value, but I just ain't seeing it.

Well he do have that Hawaiian fruit punch dude to back him up.

diverdog
2/20/2013, 12:46 PM
Dereliction of Duty and failure to uphold the Constitution...

Good luck with that.

Midtowner
2/20/2013, 12:51 PM
By right wing bubbler, I'm referring to the many on here who think of Breitbart and The Blaze as "the news." If that applies to you, you're guilty of being radicalized through increased confirmation bias, possibly due to racist tendencies as expressed here, possibly not.

olevetonahill
2/20/2013, 12:55 PM
By right wing bubbler, I'm referring to the many on here who think of Breitbart and The Blaze as "the news." If that applies to you, you're guilty of being radicalized through increased confirmation bias, possibly due to racist tendencies as expressed here, possibly not.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxWyvUdUJ9w4iyGkzUKW2klKaOkXPZ1 xGSTzk_Ovr67Jj3M-s0

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 01:16 PM

I've never heard of Breitbart or the blaze. Racist tendencies expressed where? WTF is wrong with you? WTF are you talking about?

Midtowner
2/20/2013, 01:17 PM
If you have to ask...

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 01:17 PM

I've never heard of Breitbart or the blaze. Racist tendencies expressed where? WTF is wrong with you? WTF are you talking about?

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 01:18 PM
I'll ask it again. WTF are you talking about?

Midtowner
2/20/2013, 01:19 PM
I mean he might be cool to hang around with, drink a couple fowties and smoke a blunt, but as POTUS?

Nothing to see there?

Maybe/maybe not. Racist tendencies are only one of many reasons foaming-at-the-mouth bubblers are so aggressively hateful towards a President who has essentially continued most of Bush's policies. Actually, I'm trying to think of even a second reason. I'll have to get back to you.

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 01:28 PM
Nothing to see there?

Maybe/maybe not. Racist tendencies are only one of many reasons foaming-at-the-mouth bubblers are so aggressively hateful towards a President who has essentially continued most of Bush's policies. Actually, I'm trying to think of even a second reason. I'll have to get back to you.

Oh. You've devolved back to throwing the old racist card around huh? C'mon man, you've gotta do better than that if you're gonna educate me on bubbles and ****.

C&CDean
2/20/2013, 01:34 PM
What tools like you fail to understand is that we don't like Obama. Period. Nothing to do with his caramelness. I like a whole bunch of brothers who are infintely more qualified to be POTUS than Brack. Real black men like JC Watts, Allen West, Keys, and even the original caramel waffler Colin Powell. You can call the bimbette Sarah Palin stupid all you want, but even she was/is more qualified than him.

I even game him the benefit of the doubt and thought "let's give him some time to straighten out the mess." He's had his time, and he's a major-league **** up. What we'd call a ****bird in the military. A POS POTUS. I DGAF if he's purple.

XingTheRubicon
2/20/2013, 01:39 PM
I think Dean's racist against purple people.

or maybe stupid people

FaninAma
2/20/2013, 02:14 PM
Nothing to see there?

Sigh.

diverdog
2/20/2013, 02:20 PM
I'll ask it again. WTF are you talking about?

The Blaze is owned by Glen Beck.

Breitbart is an online service like Huffington Post or Drudge Report.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2013, 03:06 PM
The Blaze is owned by Glen Beck.

Breitbart is an online service like Huffington Post or Drudge Report.

And the left wingers own most of the media. NBC and now Comcast refuses to show adverts for guns or ammo. Soros owns NPR and is funding more reporter positions at other left wing news outlets... Just saying...

soonercruiser
2/21/2013, 12:37 PM
Our ambassadors and troops are like the economy...

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/TOON0220COLORFINAL_800jpgcms_zps8ac8ca6f.png

sappstuf
4/18/2013, 05:22 AM
CBS News has learned that previously unknown whistleblowers on Benghazi are now speaking to Congressional investigators.

Good news.. It sounds strange that the most transparent administration in history has still not let survivors give their testimony to Congress in over 7 months, but it is a fact.

Maybe some of them are finding a way to get the facts out there.

cleller
4/18/2013, 11:00 AM
Pretty transparent, for sure:

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/benghazi-mom-i-was-told-that-im-causing-a-lot-of-problems-and-to-shut-up/

sappstuf
4/25/2013, 01:08 AM
Reductions of security levels prior to the attacks in Benghazi were approved at the highest levels of the State Department, up to and including Secretary Clinton. This fact contradicts her testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on January 23, 2013.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/04/23/congressional-report-on-benghazi-damns-obama-administration

Apparently Hillary signed a cable on April 19, 2012 acknowledging requests for additional security, but ordered the withdrawal of security assets to proceed as planned anyway.

This would certainly explain her reluctance to testify and then when being questioned launch into her, "What difference, at this point, does it make?" tirade.

Anything to obscure the truth and save her political career...

diverdog
4/25/2013, 02:18 AM
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/04/23/congressional-report-on-benghazi-damns-obama-administration

Apparently Hillary signed a cable on April 19, 2012 acknowledging requests for additional security, but ordered the withdrawal of security assets to proceed as planned anyway.

This would certainly explain her reluctance to testify and then when being questioned launch into her, "What difference, at this point, does it make?" tirade.

Anything to obscure the truth and save her political career...

Is this the writer the same Peter Roff who was the political director of GOPAC? You know, the same organization that was founded by the former Republican Governor of Delaware, Pete DuPont?

sappstuf
4/25/2013, 03:34 AM
Is this the writer the same Peter Roff who was the political director of GOPAC? You know, the same organization that was founded by the former Republican Governor of Delaware, Pete DuPont?

Is this a better source for you?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57581170/gop-congressmen-ask-obama-to-release-more-benghazi-docs/

This isn't really a debatable topic and it doesn't matter who wrote the story. The GOP claims Hillary signed a specific cable that not only denied additional security but reduced security, and they have seen it and are now asking the Obama administration to release it to the public.

If that exists, Hillary's public career should be over.

cleller
4/25/2013, 07:53 AM
This isn't really a debatable topic and it doesn't matter who wrote the story. The GOP claims Hillary signed a specific cable that not only denied additional security but reduced security, and they have seen it and are now asking the Obama administration to release it to the public.

If that exists, Hillary's public career should be over.

Where's Kanye West staring into a camera and saying "Hillary Clinton doesn't care about foreign service people."?

Oops. There goes the race card again.

sappstuf
4/25/2013, 08:01 AM
The row between the White House and the Democrat from New York began Thursday when Clinton appeared on the Senate floor and held up a copy of the New York Post with the headline of "Bush Knew."

"The president knew what?" she asked. "My constituents would like to know the answer to that and many other questions, not to blame the president or any other American, just to know."

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/05/18/wh.hillary/index.html

Indeed Mrs. Clinton.. Why can't we know about the cable you signed?

diverdog
4/25/2013, 11:39 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/05/18/wh.hillary/index.html

Indeed Mrs. Clinton.. Why can't we know about the cable you signed?

interesting comment in the section below the article:

.the news about what hapened in Benghazi was all over the press around the world just a few months after it happened, and evcery Congressperson and Senator knows what went on there. It wasn't even designated a US Consulate until the day after the attack, and then placed on Google maps and Google earth as such for part of the cover-up. In a nut shell,It was the CIA Special Missions Compound where ambassabor Stevens met counterparts from Turkey and Jordan to coordinate transfers of the weapons left from the Libyan coup for insertion into Syria to the foreign terrorists...some of them also hired through Benghazi. The US was hiring terrorists, training them in Turkey and arming the terrorists (i.e. rebels)for two years, and our government still denies it. The CIA compound was attacked because the CIA illegally kidnapped(US and international law) North African and Iranian intelligence agents getiing close to discovering the compound and were holding them. That's why the CIA compound asked for more security, knowing fellow agents were soon to follow. Because it was a covert CIA operation in a rented private luxury home in the suburbs, and quite illegal...no further secrity pesene was acceptable (US Consulate..LMAO). SO that's why they were attacked, by Iran and AQIM to get their agents back that were illeglly kidnapped. These were the hostages Paula Broadwell spoke of on October 26, 2012 on behalf of CIA Director Patreaus at a speech at UCD. That's also why Obama refused to call it terrorism, because it wasn't... it was a rescue mission, and we were the bad guys. Hope it all makes sense now. Whenh Ryan asked Clinton at the Benghazi hearings if the US was gun running out of Benghazi, she never gavae an answer and told Ryan he would have to ask the CIA. Ryan knew, just like they all know and keep lying. As Ryan is also aware, SOS Clinton was in charge of disposing of the Libyan weapons (not illegally transfering them to foreign terrorists), and also should have been aware of what was going on at her newly designated (LMFAO) consulate. NO further questions regarding this issue was asked by Ryan. The hearings were pitiful theater gauged for morons.

That's why they want to openly fund the foreign terrorists in Syria now, to blur the line of when they were funding terrorists illegally and lying to the public.reply

Midtowner
4/25/2013, 12:21 PM
So do y'all think the Secretary of State independently determines the force allocations for all of our consulates?

sappstuf
4/26/2013, 04:53 AM
So do y'all think the Secretary of State independently determines the force allocations for all of our consulates?

Nope... But she signs the orders for such things and is responsible.

In the hearing she said she never received any request for more security in Benghazi. But she somehow responded....

SoonerBBall
4/26/2013, 10:15 AM

Since when has an executives direct, actionable responsibilities ever stopped them from taking blame for the things their subordinates do? The president has no control over the economy but is usually held accountable for it. Obama had no real hand in taking out Bin Laden, but he sure as hell took credit for it. Any manager knows that they are ultimately responsible for the actions of those under them, and this is no different. She shouldn't be on trial or anything as she is not directly responsible, but it happened under her watch and she should be politically accountable for it.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/27/2013, 06:34 AM
You just can't admit that The Socialist is the most un-American, country hating person ever to see any national office. I would even venture to say he is evil. We can only hope that the HoR and correct minded Senators thwart this evil, American hating pretender in office. He and the Plagarier in Chief Biden...

Midtowner
4/27/2013, 08:02 AM
Nope... But she signs the orders for such things and is responsible.

And the folks who are directly over the situation had advised her that nothing needed to change, so there's that.

It's dumb to blame the President for the economy, and outside of playing 'gotcha,' this whole subject is this:

http://i.imgur.com/pHZIc.gif

sappstuf
4/27/2013, 08:21 AM
And the folks who are directly over the situation had advised her that nothing needed to change, so there's that.

It's dumb to blame the President for the economy, and outside of playing 'gotcha,' this whole subject is this:

http://i.imgur.com/pHZIc.gif

Uh, no. The ambassador and security on the ground in Libya were begging for help. That is a known fact. What wasn't known until now is that Hillary signed a cable not only denying more security but to continue to pull security out.

XingTheRubicon
4/27/2013, 08:23 AM
quiet, he's still beating the grass

StoopTroup
4/27/2013, 11:40 AM
Maybe The New Bush Library will put in some multiple choice Q n A's about Benghazi that have the appropriate WWWD? response canned into it if Benghazi had happened on his watch?

I'll be back later....Im looking at some Abu Grave photos.

FaninAma
4/27/2013, 01:05 PM
Maybe The New Bush Library will put in some multiple choice Q n A's about Benghazi that have the appropriate WWWD? response canned into it if Benghazi had happened on his watch?

I'll be back later....Im looking at some Abu Grave photos.
I get it. Because Bush was a deceitful idiot it makes it okay for your guy to be the same.

sappstuf
5/5/2013, 12:32 PM
CBS is reporting a lot of new stuff today.

Hearing for the first time from someone that was there.

Talking points were changed to protect high ranking State Department employees.. How Rice and the White House embarrassed the president of Libya and how that may have killed the investigation before it ever began.

A protest was never reported from the consulate at any point.. Where did that come from, I wonder??

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57582929/official-we-knew-benghazi-was-a-terrorist-attack-from-the-get-go/

sappstuf
5/5/2013, 12:39 PM
Here is a Democrat in the House talking about what we now know about the White House talking points on Benghazi..

I don’t know what the process was there, but absolutely they were false, they were wrong,” said Lynch, a member of the House Oversight Committee, which will hold a hearing on the Beghazi attacks this week, on May 8. “There were no protests outside of the Benghazi compound there. This was a deliberate and strategic attack on the consulate there. So any statements that this was sort of like the other protests that we saw in Cairo and other embassies, that was not this type of case.”

Lynch said that U.N. ambassador Susan Rice provided “false information” about the attacks during her now-infamous round of appearances on the Sunday-talk-show circuit in September 2012. “It was scrubbed. It was totally inaccurate,” he said. “What they tried to do is harmonize what happened in Benghazi with what happened everywhere else across the Middle East, and that was wrong.”

vSbA6WesYRs

Important to note that a protest was NEVER in the talking points from the intelligence community. So where did Susan Rice get it?

It is refreshing to see a Dem talk about Benghazi in a clear and honest way.... There hasn't been much of that.

OU_Sooners75
5/5/2013, 02:00 PM

And that is the problem.

The resources should have already been in place seeing that Chris Stevens himself had been asking for more protection.

And then the night of the attacks, President Obama, couldnt even make one freaking phone call?

That is dereliction of duty if there ever was such a thing!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2013, 02:54 PM
And then the night of the attacks, President Obama, couldnt even make one freaking phone call?

That is dereliction of duty if there ever was such a thing!Maybe a question of true allegiance.

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2013, 05:24 PM
It is refreshing to see a Dem talk about Benghazi in a clear and honest way.... There hasn't been much of that.

is he up for re-election? can't imagine unless he's trying to save his butt he'd come out against obama..

soonerhubs
5/5/2013, 06:24 PM
While I ignore calls that he's an evil man, it's apparent that a ****ty leader was reelected this past November.

Midtowner
5/5/2013, 06:38 PM
Uh, no. The ambassador and security on the ground in Libya were begging for help. That is a known fact. What wasn't known until now is that Hillary signed a cable not only denying more security but to continue to pull security out.

The Secretary of State is going to hear from much higher-up sources as to what force allocations are going to be at various compounds and those higher ups are tasked with looking at the big picture. I'm sure many ambassadors would love to have more security and I'm sure we have to make tough choices all over the world with what to do with limited resources. What would have made you happy? Clinton on the ground in Benghazi well before the incident deciding on security forces and defensive positions for Benghazi, and I'm guessing every other embassy and consulate in the world? (there are 294 of 'em)

This is ridiculously politicized. Did you know the Democrats who serve on the committees who have written these Benghazi reports didn't even get to participate in the report writing? This is all just an effort (which will be futile and overplayed by the time 2016 rolls around) to knock Clinton down a few pegs in her quest for the Presidency.

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 06:41 PM
Keep defending your mulatto there matlock. :very_drunk:

soonerhubs
5/5/2013, 06:50 PM
Hillary Clinton is infinitely more qualified than the "rube" currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

5/5/2013, 07:06 PM
Hillary Clinton is infinitely more qualified than the "rube" currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.a lot of people are, but she's still a socialist. America can do infinitely better without that.

Midtowner
5/5/2013, 07:13 PM
Keep defending your mulatto there matlock. :very_drunk:

Keep making culturally insensitive and racist comments there rube.

soonerhubs
5/5/2013, 07:16 PM
a lot of people are, but she's still a socialist. America can do infinitely better without that.

I never said I would vote for her. I'm merely pointing out that her presidency would have been much better.

America would be well served to find some selfless statesmen who couldn't give two ****s about the corporate special interests of either major parties.

soonerhubs
5/5/2013, 07:22 PM
Someone is trying too hard to make rube happen. Why don't you edify us with your grandiose wisdom great troll from midtown? Your elevated cognitive state is merely one only some of us can dream to reach. :D

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 07:27 PM

How is that racist Or insensitive? A Mulatto is exactly what he is and you are still a Raging lunatic.

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 07:31 PM
Someone is trying too hard to make rube happen. Why don't you edify us with your grandiose wisdom great troll from midtown? Your elevated cognitive state is merely one only some of us can dream to reach. :D

Have you Not figured out yet Bro Hub?
matlock is far wiser and Knowledgeable than LAS and Leroy Combined. Why He once made a 1000 yard shot while riding a horse backwards at a full Gallop after buying up a bunch of Hand grenades and rocket launchers .

Hes Just the Most Allsome thats ever graced these boards.

5/5/2013, 07:44 PM
I never said I would vote for her(sir Hillry). I'm merely pointing out that her presidency would have been much better.
While dedicated to socialism as she appears to be, I doubt she has a similarly unhealthy dedication to protecting followers of a certain mid-eastern religion that enjoys suicide and bombing innocents. In that regard alone, I agree we would have been better off to have elected her over Obeary.

soonerhubs
5/5/2013, 07:49 PM
Have you Not figured out yet Bro Hub?
matlock is far wiser and Knowledgeable than LAS and Leroy Combined. Why He once made a 1000 yard shot while riding a horse backwards at a full Gallop after buying up a bunch of Hand grenades and rocket launchers .

Hes Just the Most Allsome thats ever graced these boards.
Indeed. I just assumed someone who is far more evolved than the rest of us simpletons would show more patience. I suppose mental evolution and emotional maturity are two distinct constructs. I only hoped they would more strongly correlate in a positive way.

C&CDean
5/5/2013, 08:05 PM
hubpwned. Heh.

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 08:09 PM
Heh

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2013, 08:56 PM
The Secretary of State is going to hear from much higher-up sources a? (there are 294 of 'em)

to knock Clinton down a few pegs in her quest for the Presidency.

#1 obama...that would be great!
#2 pretty sure we wouldn't need to protect ALL 294...good try though
#3 we can ONLY hope

sappstuf
5/6/2013, 01:34 AM
The Secretary of State is going to hear from much higher-up sources as to what force allocations are going to be at various compounds and those higher ups are tasked with looking at the big picture. I'm sure many ambassadors would love to have more security and I'm sure we have to make tough choices all over the world with what to do with limited resources. What would have made you happy? Clinton on the ground in Benghazi well before the incident deciding on security forces and defensive positions for Benghazi, and I'm guessing every other embassy and consulate in the world? (there are 294 of 'em)

This is ridiculously politicized. Did you know the Democrats who serve on the committees who have written these Benghazi reports didn't even get to participate in the report writing? This is all just an effort (which will be futile and overplayed by the time 2016 rolls around) to knock Clinton down a few pegs in her quest for the Presidency.

Do you mean someone like the deputy coordinator for operations in the agency’s counterterrorism bureau? Yeah, he has claimed "whistleblower" status and will be testifying this week.

Gregory Hicks, is also testifying. He was the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya at the time of the Benghazi terrorist attacks. So after Steven's death he was the highest ranking diplomat in Libya.

It is really incredible how ignorant you want to remain. The term "willful ignorance" is certainly valid. I hope you don't do that in your day job counselor.

Bringing up the 294 embassies and consulates is just silly. How many of those 294 were sitting in a warzone where 4 attacks had been made against diplomatic targets in the same city including an IED attack on the consulate itself?

sappstuf
5/6/2013, 01:45 AM

Why are you bringing up that report when you have a Dem from the House Oversight Committee in the above Youtube video saying Rice provided "false information"?

Oh, yeah... Willful ignorance is why.

sappstuf
5/6/2013, 04:36 AM

It certainly is politicized. Let us look back at exactly who politicized it and why, shall we?

The talking points were first distributed to officials in the interagency vetting process at 6:52 p.m. on Friday. Less than an hour later, at 7:39 p.m., an individual identified in the House report only as a “senior State Department official” responded to raise “serious concerns” about the draft. That official, whom The Weekly Standard has confirmed was State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland, worried that members of Congress would use the talking points to criticize the State Department for “not paying attention to Agency warnings.”

In an attempt to address those concerns, CIA officials cut all references to Ansar al Sharia and made minor tweaks. But in a follow-up email at 9:24 p.m., Nuland wrote that the problem remained and that her superiors—she did not say which ones—were unhappy. The changes, she wrote, did not “resolve all my issues or those of my building leadership,” and State Department leadership was contacting National Security Council officials directly. Moments later, according to the House report, “White House officials responded by stating that the State Department’s concerns would have to be taken into account.”

So the State Department spokesman said that her "building leadership" was not happy with the talking points because it may seem that State was "not paying attention to Agency warnings.". Which is correct, they were not.

The White House then weighs in and says that those concerns are valid.

So before, you or I or anyone knew what was going to be said, Hillary's staff was politizing things so they wouldn't look bad.

Thank you for bringing it to the board's attention of how the deaths of 4 Americans was politized before a single Repub even knew what happened. I give you credit for rising above the partisan line to see the obvious truth and shedding a little light on the situation.

It is either that or you just stepped in in because you don't care to educate yourself on what facts have been uncovered.

I prefer to give you credit for option 1, but fully understand it was most likely option 2.

Turd_Ferguson
5/6/2013, 06:40 AM
The look on Mid's face when he go's to take a dump this morning will be priceless when he realizes he has no a$$ left. :biggrin:

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 06:46 AM
The look on Mid's face when he go's to take a dump this morning will be priceless when he realizes he has no a$$ left. :biggrin:

He reminds me more an more daily of LAS, get his azs handed to him constantly and then declares himself the winner and Proclaims how he made the monkeys dance

TitoMorelli
5/6/2013, 06:49 AM
He reminds me more an more daily of LAS, get his azs handed to him constantly and then declares himself the winner and Proclaims how he made the monkeys dance

Does he have to spank 'em to get 'em to dance?

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 06:53 AM
Does he have to spank 'em to get 'em to dance?

Wernt you around for the LAS dramas ?
That dude was another matlock Leroy Lizard and Matlock could hold a candle to old LAS

TheHumanAlphabet
5/6/2013, 11:44 AM

'Vet is technically correct there...

Curly Bill
5/6/2013, 12:44 PM

All Mid is is an a$$. He'd have to disappear to have none left.

okie52
5/6/2013, 01:17 PM
Wernt you around for the LAS dramas ?
That dude was another matlock Leroy Lizard and Matlock could hold a candle to old LAS

Don't remember LAS or at least by that user name.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2013, 03:37 PM
Don't remember LAS or at least by that user name.

LASoonner

Or Los Angeles Sooner. Cannot remember the specific name.

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 06:46 AM
Well what do you know... There were special forces in Libya that were not sent.

Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57583014/diplomat-u.s-special-forces-told-you-cant-go-to-benghazi-during-attacks/)

Q: At that point, you are the Chief of Mission?

A: Yeah, I'm Chief of Mission effective 3:00 a.m.

Q: Now, did any of the Special Forces folks, were they planning at any time to travel on that second aircraft?

A: On the second, on the C-130? Yes. We fully intended for those guys to go, because we had already essentially stripped ourselves of our security presence, or our security capability to the bare minimum ...

A: So Lieutenant Colonel Gibson, who is the SOCAFRICA commander, his team, you know, they were on their way to the vehicles to go to the airport to get on the C-130 when he got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, you can't go now, you don't have authority to go now. And so they missed the flight. And, of course, this meant that one of the ...

Q : They didn't miss the flight. They were told not to board the flight.

A: They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it. So, anyway, and yeah. I still remember Colonel Gibson, he said, "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military." A nice compliment.

Q: Now, at this point, are you having communications with Washington?

A: I was in communications with Washington all night long. I was reporting all night long what was happening to Washington by telephone.

Q: When these Special Forces folks were told essentially to stand down, what was your next move? Did you have a recourse? Were you able to call Washington? Were you able to call anyone at this point to get that decision reversed?

A: No, because the flight was -- the flight was leaving. And, you know, if they missed -- you know, if the vehicles didn't leave when they leave, they would miss the flight time at the airport. And the airport -- you know, we were going all the way to Mitiga. The C-130 is at Mitiga, which is all the way on the other side of Tripoli.

champions77
5/7/2013, 10:11 AM
There will be a lot of "strategizing" at NBC, CBS, and ABC in the next few days as this story continues to gain traction. The leftist news media is conflicted in this, in that their man finds himself in a bad spot. What do they do, how do they report this? Any story negative to Obama in the past has been ignored, but it will be hard to ignore this one.

Lies, cover ups, straw men, death, threats, it's all there, and because they were wedded to the narrative that Al Qaeda was diminished, if not defeated, then along comes Benghazi. With the election looming, Benghazi couldn't happen because of their foreign policy, it had to be something else that caused this.....a video, yes a video caused this to happen.

Watch closely as this unfolds. Which news agencies will step up and do their jobs? Will Hillary throw BHO under the bus to save her political career? Stay tuned.

olevetonahill
5/7/2013, 10:26 AM
All Mid is is an a$$. He'd have to disappear to have none left.

And hes strangely been Very Quite since gettin his *** handed to him.

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 10:28 AM
And hes strangely been Very Quite since gettin his *** handed to him.

Prolly huddled up somewhere with his copy of the Communist Manifesto. I hear it's what he reads when he needs a pick-me-up.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/7/2013, 12:32 PM
The Socialist and Hillary are ****ing liars...

diverdog
5/7/2013, 01:13 PM
Well what do you know... There were special forces in Libya that were not sent.

There is a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking in that article.

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 01:38 PM
There is a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking in that article.

I know right? A US ambassador is dead, along with others - we should just forget it and chalk it up to: sh*t happens.

diverdog
5/7/2013, 02:07 PM
I know right? A US ambassador is dead, along with others - we should just forget it and chalk it up to: sh*t happens.

Did you read the article? You do not just jump into a fighter and fly 3 hours to a target, loiter and fly back without a whole lot of things happening first. And to make the conjecture that buzzing these guys with an F16 was going to work is a reach.

None of these articles have proven to me there was any kind of viable rescue option.

olevetonahill
5/7/2013, 02:09 PM
Heh Matlock drops the baton and DD picks it up.

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 02:15 PM
Did you read the article? You do not just jump into a fighter and fly 3 hours to a target, loiter and fly back without a whole lot of things happening first. And to make the conjecture that buzzing these guys with an F16 was going to work is a reach.

None of these articles have proven to me there was any kind of viable rescue option.

If this attack came totally out of left field you might have a point, but our peeps there had been asking for extra security. No excuse to not be prepared at all, and that's not counting that the administration has LIED about it ever since. If they were so convinced they did right by those people why lie their a$$es off about it?

5/7/2013, 02:16 PM
Heh Matlock drops the baton and DD picks it up.the Progressive Workers on this board will rally to pick up that baton, whenever they see it's on the ground. FWIW, rarely do they allow sanity to have the last word.

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 02:17 PM
Heh Matlock drops the baton and DD picks it up.

Gotta carry the baton for Obammy and his cronies. I have a feeling that a lot of these guys would be very glad to truly get a chance to carry Obammy's baton....! If ya know what I mean. ;) ;)

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 02:23 PM

DD here is your post from page 3.

You have the most senior diplomat in Libya claiming there was a special forces team in Tripoli led by a Lieutenant Colonel Gibson and there was a Libyan C-130 they were ready to get on when they were told to stand down.

So the answer to your question is there was special forces in country that could have responded. Why were they told to stand down?

diverdog
5/7/2013, 02:24 PM
If this attack came totally out of left field you might have a point, but our peeps there had been asking for extra security. No excuse to not be prepared at all, and that's not counting that the administration has LIED about it ever since. If they were so convinced they did right by those people why lie their a$$es off about it?

I do not disagree with you. My point is on that given the actual situation there was npthing that could have been done.

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 02:26 PM
I do not disagree with you. My point is on that given the actual situation there was npthing that could have been done.

See the post above concerning special forces and a C-130

Curly Bill
5/7/2013, 02:28 PM
And I don't discount the effects that a few F-16's flying in fast and low might have had. If nothing else it would have sent a message that someone outside that compund had a clue what was up.

diverdog
5/7/2013, 02:28 PM
DD here is your post from page 3.

You have the most senior diplomat in Libya claiming there was a special forces team in Tripoli led by a Lieutenant Colonel Gibson and there was a Libyan C-130 they were ready to get on when they were told to stand down.

So the answer to your question is there was special forces in country that could have responded. Why were they told to stand down?

Sapp:

They had no heavy weapons and I have not seen how many men they had on that night. Sending them in without close air support and some heavy weapons could have been suicide. What happens to them if they walk into an ambush? There was no plan C. What would happen if AQ decided to attack our peeps in Tripoli after we stripped all their security forces?

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 02:40 PM
Sapp:

They had no heavy weapons and I have not seen how many men they had on that night. Sending them in without close air support and some heavy weapons could have been suicide. What happens to them if they walk into an ambush? There was no plan C. What would happen if AQ decided to attack our peeps in Tripoli after we stripped all their security forces?

You are right... We invest millions of dollars in special forces so they can sit on the sidelines at the exact moment we need them.

I think I will just post this part again...

I still remember Colonel Gibson, he said, "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military." A nice compliment.

Something tells me Colonel Gibson would gently disagree with your scaredy-cat tactics.

XingTheRubicon
5/7/2013, 02:42 PM
You're probably right, might as well get plenty of sleep then head to Vegas.

diverdog
5/7/2013, 02:46 PM
You are right... We invest millions of dollars in special forces so they can sit on the sidelines at the exact moment we need them.

I think I will just post this part again...

Something tells me Colonel Gibson would gently disagree with your scaredy-cat tactics.

And we have had a lot of special forces killed on wreckless missions. The call to go in was not Colonel Gibson's call to make.

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 02:55 PM
And we have had a lot of special forces killed on wreckless missions. The call to go in was not Colonel Gibson's call to make.

DD, they were a special forces team forward deployed to a WAR ZONE! Do you honestly believe they would be there without all kinds of weapons and equipment?

All you have are hypotheticals... The fact is there was a special forces team in Tripoli and they were ready to respond. Period.

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 02:56 PM
My last post is partially incorrect.

The special forces team WAS responding until told to stand down.

XingTheRubicon
5/7/2013, 02:57 PM

Yeah, that's what they do...wreckless, dangerous, life-risking missions. It's kind of their thing.

Something tells me the order to stand down came from someone that did not want it to escalate...even if it meant Americans being killed.

Something like...wait, wait...let's just see what happens

they're ready sir

wait

but

wait

Hello?

Sorry, I just woke up...what'd ya find out?

Oh yeah, they're dead.

who's dead

The ambassador and 3 other Americans

oh

uh...tell everyone it was a video

diverdog
5/7/2013, 03:12 PM
DD, they were a special forces team forward deployed to a WAR ZONE! Do you honestly believe they would be there without all kinds of weapons and equipment?

All you have are hypotheticals... The fact is there was a special forces team in Tripoli and they were ready to respond. Period.

No you are the one with hypotheticals. If you read other articles you will find they did not have heavy weapons. Do you even know what units they were with because I cannot find it.

A piece by Paul Wolfowitz:

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/10/distrust-but-verify/

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 03:18 PM
No you are the one with hypotheticals. If you read other articles you will find they did not have heavy weapons. Do you even know what units they were with because I cannot find it.

They were a part of Special Operations Command AFRICOM.. You probably can't find it because it is classified.

I will ask again. Do you believe that a special forces unit would forward deploy to a warzone without everything they need?

olevetonahill
5/7/2013, 03:21 PM

Please describe in detail YOUR version of "Heavy Weapons"

A SpecOps team NEVER has "Heavy Weapons" they are Mobile and fast

sappstuf
5/7/2013, 03:25 PM

Your article is 6 months old... It talks specifically about rescue forces... Strange that it doesn't mention the special forces in Tripoli. Probably because it was classified and he didn't know. But the story is wrong because there was a capable force very near by.

Your article does corroborate the testimony of Hicks.

To the contrary, armed personnel (mainly CIA) did go into harm’s way from the Annex to the Consulate and from Tripoli to Benghazi even without a clear picture of the situation.

Nice job showing Hicks is a legit witness who we should have heard from months ago. We just couldn't until he claimed "whistleblower" status. Hicks talks specifically about the 1st flight and the Specops would have been on the second flight until they were told to stand down.

But you are apparently ok with the decision of sending armed CIA personnel into a fight with no heavy weapons, but god forbid we send the specops guys....

okie52
5/7/2013, 03:55 PM
Haven't followed this thread so if this has already been posted...go screw yourself.

Huckabee: Benghazi Scandal Will Cost Obama His Presidency

Tuesday, 07 May 2013 11:25 AM
By Sandy Fitzgerald and Kenneth Hanner

Influential Republicans are setting their sights on toppling the Obama administration as evidence of a cover-up over the assault on the Benghazi consulate gets stronger.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is now openly talking about impeachment, saying he does not believe Barack Obama will survive the remaining 3½ years of his presidency.

“When a president lies to the American people and is part of a cover-up, he cannot continue to govern,” Huckabee said on his radio show Monday.

“As the facts come out, I think we're going to see something startling. And before it's over, I don't think this president will finish his term unless somehow they can delay it in Congress past the next 3½ years.”

Huckabee isn't alone in his belief that Obama could be toppled. The pressure is growing just as Congressional hearings on the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks that left four Americans dead are due to start on Wednesday.

Rep. Darrell Issa of California, who will chair those hearings as chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said he intends to make the president "come clean."

"The administration has made a claim that for classified reasons they changed the story," Issa told Fox News' Sean Hannity. "We believe right now that may be the biggest lie of all, and we intend on making the president come clean as to, quote, 'What the classified reasons are that would justify lying to the American people.'"

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina added to the onslaught against the administration's handling of the assault.

"Political manipulation is rampant here," said Graham in an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren. "The dam's about to break on Benghazi."

And former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton told Newsmax's Steve Malzberg on Monday that he too believes the growing scandal could lead to the "unraveling" of the Obama administration.

"This could be a hinge point for the Obama administration. It's that serious for them,'' said Bolton, who served under President George W. Bush.

Many in the GOP believe the cover-up began as the attack on the Benghazi consulate was going on. The U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stephens, was killed along with information management officer Sean Smith and security staff Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.

Obama's U.N. ambassador Susan Rice insisted from the start the attack was not a coordinated act of terror, but a protest that escalated. The administration was later forced to backtrack, saying Rice made her statement before all the information was known.

But that failed to stem the tide and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — the Democratic front-runner for presidency in 2016 — has now been accused of failing to send in troops to rescue Stephens and other staff.

Gregory Hicks, who became the top diplomat in Libya after Stevens was killed, claims troops who were ready to come to the rescue were told to stand down.

Lawyers representing Hicks and others now claim the administration is trying to intimidate them against speaking out in Issa's committee's hearings.

Huckabee said that as more reports come out about the deadly attack, and the truth emerges, Obama and his administration "will have lost the right to govern."

"This is not minor," he said. "It wasn't minor when Richard Nixon lied to the American people and worked with those in his administration to cover up what really happened in Watergate. But, I remind you — as bad as Watergate was, because it broke the trust between the president and the people — no one died.

"This is more serious because four Americans did, in fact, die."

Huckabee maintains that what happened in Benghazi is not political, but "goes all the way to the heart of the integrity of the United States government."

Huckabee said Obama's best chance of avoiding impeachment would come if Democrats seize control of the House and keep their control of the Senate after the next round of Congressional elections in November 2014.

"They won't let it happen; not because they're protecting just the president, they're trying to protect their entire political party," he said. "If they try to protect the president and their party, and do so at the expense of the truth, their president and their party will go down."

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/huckabee-benghazi-obama-presidency/2013/05/07/id/503192?promo_code=F492-1&utm_source=Test_Newsmax_Feed&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1#ixzz2Sdso96pO

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2013, 04:01 PM
Sapp:

Wholy crap man....can you be anymore naive and wrong?

There were special forces there. There were naval ships in rather close proximity, that were left there to enforce the no-fly zone. They had drones in the area. Yes, there could have been something done about it!

Midtowner
5/7/2013, 04:28 PM
Even assuming all the speculation is true, it was very arguably the right call to let three Americans die than to send special forces into an unknown war zone against an unknown number of enemy combatants. Hindsight being 20/20, maybe sending the special ops guys was the right thing to do. There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here. We've had assets attacked by terrorists before and it won't be the last time. This incident should end the Obama presidency in the same way Abu Graib or the no WMD in Iraq ended Bush's.

okie52
5/7/2013, 04:33 PM
Even assuming all the speculation is true, it was very arguably the right call to let three Americans die than to send special forces into an unknown war zone against an unknown number of enemy combatants. Hindsight being 20/20, maybe sending the special ops guys was the right thing to do. There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here. We've had assets attacked by terrorists before and it won't be the last time. This incident should end the Obama presidency in the same way Abu Graib or the no WMD in Iraq ended Bush's.

I haven't followed this very closely other than Hillary's pathetic "what difference does it make" response. It would be a long shot IMO for this to end Obama's presidency...however, if the coverup is proven true it could be a stain that would greatly weaken Obama and perhaps irreparably damage Hillary and Biden...perhaps even a game changer for 2016.

Midtowner
5/7/2013, 04:42 PM
I haven't followed this very closely other than Hillary's pathetic "what difference does it make" response. It would be a long shot IMO for this to end Obama's presidency...however, if the coverup is proven true it could be a stain that would greatly weaken Obama and perhaps irreparably damage Hillary and Biden...perhaps even a game changer for 2016.

It would only damage them in the eyes of the folks who would never vote for them anyhow. If you think the voters in 2016 are going to give two ****s about a missed call which resulted in 3 American deaths four years prior, I think you're deluded. Yes, NewsMax and Breitbart and The Blaze will continue to try and keep it alive, but only the most extreme of the right wing base will even consider this relevant in 2016. Worst case scenario, Obama lied on the eve of the campaign and got elected before the truth came out. Best case, those in charge made some **** poor judgment calls and then did a pretty awful job communicating exactly what happened to Susan Rice and left her hanging out to dry.

It's a crap sandwich, but in 2016, I doubt it'll be relevant.

As far as Biden goes, I don't think anyone has even tried to make a case that he was remotely involved in this.

okie52
5/7/2013, 04:50 PM
It would only damage them in the eyes of the folks who would never vote for them anyhow. If you think the voters in 2016 are going to give two ****s about a missed call which resulted in 3 American deaths four years prior, I think you're deluded. Yes, NewsMax and Breitbart and The Blaze will continue to try and keep it alive, but only the most extreme of the right wing base will even consider this relevant in 2016. Worst case scenario, Obama lied on the eve of the campaign and got elected before the truth came out. Best case, those in charge made some **** poor judgment calls and then did a pretty awful job communicating exactly what happened to Susan Rice and left her hanging out to dry.

It's a crap sandwich, but in 2016, I doubt it'll be relevant.

As far as Biden goes, I don't think anyone has even tried to make a case that he was remotely involved in this.

How quick you forget. It was 4 Americans killed. Nobody thought watergate was a big deal until the coverup led back to Nixon and watergate was known before he was reelected in 1972. And its the lying that will get Hillary and Obama into much bigger trouble than the so called "missed call". Take off the rose glasses and try to be objective for a change.

Ford had done a good job as President but the scandal took him down against Carter. The same potential exists here for Obama, et al, if there is a coverup and it is exposed.

olevetonahill
5/7/2013, 05:54 PM

You are the Most pathetic POS to ever ****ing breath air that Americas Fighting Forces have have ever defended.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2013, 06:19 PM
I am starting to think Midtowner doesn't even believe the crap he posts. If he does, then he is one pathetic human being, let alone American!

diverdog
5/7/2013, 08:20 PM
They were a part of Special Operations Command AFRICOM.. You probably can't find it because it is classified.

I will ask again. Do you believe that a special forces unit would forward deploy to a warzone without everything they need?

Sapp you cannot even tell me which unit was there nor their mission. They could very well be body guards and lightly armed. I have only read that they did not have heavy weapons and if they left Tripoli then it would have been virtually defenseless.

diverdog
5/7/2013, 08:33 PM
How quick you forget. It was 4 Americans killed. Nobody thought watergate was a big deal until the coverup led back to Nixon and watergate was known before he was reelected in 1972. And its the lying that will get Hillary and Obama into much bigger trouble than the so called "missed call". Take off the rose glasses and try to be objective for a change.

Ford had done a good job as President but the scandal took him down against Carter. The same potential exists here for Obama, et al, if there is a coverup and it is exposed.

Go ahead and impeach Obama and watch the house fall to the Dems. Politically this is a losing issue for the RWers.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2013, 08:49 PM
Go ahead and impeach Obama and watch the house fall to the Dems. Politically this is a losing issue for the RWers.

You are ****ing retarded.

if it is proven that Obama and company covered up Benghazi, and then lied about it. It will be the death nail for Obama and democrats!

If proven that no cover up or lies occurred (highly unlikely since we were fed to blame a video), then Obama wont be facing impeachment.

So the only party that loses is the Democrats...and only the smug arrogant dumbschits of the party would think otherwise!

Soonerjeepman
5/7/2013, 09:02 PM
as much as it pains me to say it but I tend to agree more that ain't **** going to happen to obammy. The dem machine will spin it some way. In '16 Hillary will run and the liberal, gay loving, women are num 1, minorities, open boarders, free entitlements... will turn out in DROVES. The pub's will be assured of a "win" in their mind therefor will not go vote.

sucks~

Midtowner
5/7/2013, 09:09 PM
Please initiate impeachment proceedings. Since Andrew Johnson, when has that turned out well for the moving party?

Soonerjeepman
5/7/2013, 09:14 PM
what gets me, again, is the irony of the dems. Bush was horrible liar, should have been impeached, was in on 9/11 etc...but yet you guys continue to defend obama and his administration. That's your choice...just amazes me. Especially when you say "worse case, obama lied on eve of his campaign and got elected"...and that is just fine with you...wow, just wow.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2013, 09:24 PM
Please initiate impeachment proceedings. Since Andrew Johnson, when has that turned out well for the moving party?

Went pretty well after Nixon, didnt it?

cleller
5/7/2013, 09:25 PM
I'd like to hear this Col. Gibson's (or any knowledgeable military expert's) honest assessment on what may have happened had our special forces boarded that plane and headed to Benghazi.

These guys aren't a handful of cub scouts yanked off a camp-out. They specialize in having the know-how, equipment, and training to handle just these sort of things. It is why they exist.

Here's another interesting quote from Deputy Ambassador Gregory Hicks:
""I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them,"

Sounds like Hicks feels his colleagues got hung out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57583014/diplomat-u.s-special-forces-told-you-cant-go-to-benghazi-during-attacks/

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 12:14 AM

It would be hard to be more wrong in that number of words...

1. It isn't speculation. Hicks was the 2nd highest ranking diplomat when the attack began and at 0300 assumed control as Stevens was confirmed dead. He was in the best situation to know what was going on that night.

2. If it is ok to let 3 Americans die and do nothing, what is the number of Americans President Midtowner would allow to die before he thought he should respond? 30? 300? 3000??

Please let us know what number of Americans are expendable and why.

TIA.

olevetonahill
5/8/2013, 12:24 AM
Wait a ****in Minute OK?
Do NONE of YOU realize that matlock just said IT WAS OK FOR 3 AMERICANS to LOSE their lives ?
I fought and saw folks DIE just so this Imbecile can spout off his BS.

You Go matlock. Ill defend YOUR right to say that stupid shat .While I defend MY right to Call YOU a DUMBMOTHER****INPOS. Ok ?

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 03:42 AM
Wait a ****in Minute OK?
Do NONE of YOU realize that matlock just said IT WAS OK FOR 3 AMERICANS to LOSE their lives ? I fought and saw folks DIE just so this Imbecile can spout off his BS.

You Go matlock. Ill defend YOUR right to say that stupid shat .While I defend MY right to Call YOU a DUMBMOTHER****INPOS. Ok ?

Check the post at the end of the previous page. Trust me, I caught it.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 04:55 AM
I'd like to hear this Col. Gibson's (or any knowledgeable military expert's) honest assessment on what may have happened had our special forces boarded that plane and headed to Benghazi.

These guys aren't a handful of cub scouts yanked off a camp-out. They specialize in having the know-how, equipment, and training to handle just these sort of things. It is why they exist.

Here's another interesting quote from Deputy Ambassador Gregory Hicks:
""I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them,"

Sounds like Hicks feels his colleagues got hung out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57583014/diplomat-u.s-special-forces-told-you-cant-go-to-benghazi-during-attacks/

Clellar:

That last part is a pipe dream. Aviano is the nearest fighter base 1900 miles away! Not only would you have to do some basic mission planning but you would have needed air refueling support. All that takes time. At best 6-7 hours including flying time. Probably more like 10 hours. Buzzing them may or may have not worked. I am guessing once the attackers figured out they we were not dropping bombs it would have had little effect. The other question is would they have been there in time to save the ambassador.

as to the other part;

."There were military assets, there was military personnel, they were told to stand down," Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said Monday on the Fox program "Fox and Friends." Chaffetz acknowledged in an interview published Monday with the Washington Post that they would have arrived after the attack on the CIA annex was over. He said they could have provided first aid.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 05:53 AM
Clellar:

That last part is a pipe dream. Aviano is the nearest fighter base 1900 miles away! Not only would you have to do some basic mission planning but you would have needed air refueling support. All that takes time. At best 6-7 hours including flying time. Probably more like 10 hours. Buzzing them may or may have not worked. I am guessing once the attackers figured out they we were not dropping bombs it would have had little effect. The other question is would they have been there in time to save the ambassador.

as to the other part;

."There were military assets, there was military personnel, they were told to stand down," Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said Monday on the Fox program "Fox and Friends." Chaffetz acknowledged in an interview published Monday with the Washington Post that they would have arrived after the attack on the CIA annex was over. He said they could have provided first aid.

So you are saying that the Obama administration used psychics to know that a battle would have already been over so they stopped reinforcements from ever going in the first place. That is your justifcation that they never should have sent them....

Talk about Monday morning quarterbacking.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 05:54 AM
Sapp you cannot even tell me which unit was there nor their mission. They could very well be body guards and lightly armed. I have only read that they did not have heavy weapons and if they left Tripoli then it would have been virtually defenseless.

I can't tell you the unit... That stuff is classified. Here is their mission:

Special Operations Command Africa leads, plans, coordinates and, as directed, executes the full spectrum of Special Operations in U.S. Africa Command's AOR as part of an integrated Theater Strategy to combat terrorism and advance U.S. Africa Command's strategic objectives.

"Full spectrum"... I'm thinking that would have included responding to a consulate attack where Americans needed help. They certainly thought it meant that until someone told them to stand down.

Body guards?? I ate dinner with the senior enlisted of General Allen's Personal Security Detachtment most every night in Afghanistan... They were not special forces.

The embassy in Tripoli would have had its own security and that would have nothing to do with the SpecOps guys. A C-130 full of guys cannot defend the entire city of Tripoli.... You are talking what? 30 guys maybe?

I think you are grasping at straws.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 07:34 AM
So you are saying that the Obama administration used psychics to know that a battle would have already been over so they stopped reinforcements from ever going in the first place. That is your justifcation that they never should have sent them....

Talk about Monday morning quarterbacking.

Ah no it was one of you right wing henchman who made the statement. I just repeated it.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 07:39 AM
Ah no it was one of you right wing henchman who made the statement. I just repeated it.

What was the point in repeating it?

okie52
5/8/2013, 07:42 AM

Well gore lost in 2000 and distanced himself from Clinton during his campaign....that close enough?

okie52
5/8/2013, 07:47 AM

You can't make that call at this time...if it is revealed that Hillary and Hussein covered up and lied to the American public they are in for big trouble.

You seem angry DD.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 08:46 AM
I can't tell you the unit... That stuff is classified. Here is their mission:

"Full spectrum"... I'm thinking that would have included responding to a consulate attack where Americans needed help. They certainly thought it meant that until someone told them to stand down.

Body guards?? I ate dinner with the senior enlisted of General Allen's Personal Security Detachtment most every night in Afghanistan... They were not special forces.

The embassy in Tripoli would have had its own security and that would have nothing to do with the SpecOps guys. A C-130 full of guys cannot defend the entire city of Tripoli.... You are talking what? 30 guys maybe?

I think you are grasping at straws.

I have hauled spec op guys for embassy security in hot spots.

Those 30 guys (and I think it is a lot less) were part of our embassy securiyty in Tripoli. Despite your gizzillion post on this subject you have not provided a shred of evidence that we could have gotten to those guys in time to save them. Until the Pentegon, CIA or one of the myriad of commands come out and say we had a realistic plan to go in and get these guys then I ain't buying it.

As cold as it sounds Mid is right in 4 years no one will care. Hell no one cares about Afghanistan right now. It is sad but that is American politics.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 08:49 AM
You can't make that call at this time...if it is revealed that Hillary and Hussein covered up and lied to the American public they are in for big trouble.

You seem angry DD.

I am probably more tired than anything. Been working a lot lately. Sorry if I sound angry.

If anything upsets me is that we are still involved in the shat hole known as the ME.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 08:52 AM
What was the point in repeating it?

Beats me. Probably just wanted to f... with you some more. :)

I enjoy our back and forth. We do not see eye to eye but I would buy you a beer anytime you are up here.

OU68
5/8/2013, 08:52 AM
as much as it pains me to say it but I tend to agree more that ain't **** going to happen to obammy. The dem machine will spin it some way. In '16 Hillary will run and the liberal, gay loving, women are num 1, minorities, open boarders, free entitlements... will turn out in DROVES. The pub's will be assured of a "win" in their mind therefor will not go vote.

sucks~

Unfortunately, I have to agree - Americans have the attention span of a rhesus monkey - hell, most are more concerned about the latest Hollywood divorce/rehab story. Yeah, sucks.

Harry Beanbag
5/8/2013, 08:56 AM
Haven't followed this thread so if this has already been posted...go screw yourself.

It will be interesting if they allow the complete truth to come out. That it was not a Consulate at all, more of a CIA safehouse that was coordinating the recruiting and arming of rebels in Syria and that the actual attackers were Syrian special forces. That would leave a mark on this criminal Administration.

rock on sooner
5/8/2013, 09:16 AM
1. Aviano is the closest land based asset to the action.
2. Not certain but I think we have/had a carrier battle group in the Med
at the time.
3. Heaviest weapons most SpecOps carry is 50 cal sniper rifle (Barret)
and the small grenade launcher (underneath tube) can't remember
the weapon nomenclature.
4. Obama will NOT be impeached, no matter what. Pubs are starting to
leave stupidity alone.
5. Benghazi will most likely be a non starter issue in 2016, if Hillary runs.
6. Benghazi was a consulate and there was a "safehouse", too.
7. IF the 30 guy detail could have gotten there in time, the bad guys
probably would have melted back into the population, regrouped and
killed more Americans.

IMO....

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2013, 09:35 AM
Here's to hoping The Socialist admin goes down, Hillary's face is stuffed with feces with the revelations and long time civil servants and political appointees are fired and not able to work anywhere but a MacDonald's in the future...

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 12:03 PM
So there was an email sent on September 12th naming the exact group who was responsible for the attack. That email went to Hillary along with a bunch of other people.

No mention of a protest.... Ever. Well... Until Rice showed up on the Sunday talk shows to lie to the American public.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 12:09 PM
SpecOps team in Tripoli was a 4 man team with a medic. They wanted to send them to assist in the evacuation of the 60 personnel from the annex and for the medic to treat the wounded.

The team was "furious" when told they couldn't go.

I'm sure they were..

cleller
5/8/2013, 12:15 PM
:worked_till_5am:
Wait a ****in Minute OK?
Do NONE of YOU realize that matlock just said IT WAS OK FOR 3 AMERICANS to LOSE their lives ?
I fought and saw folks DIE just so this Imbecile can spout off his BS.

I know it sounds pretty crude at first, but you gotta admit its not like we're talking about the family dog or something.:devilish:

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 12:31 PM
No report of a protest was ever sent from Libya.

FaninAma
5/8/2013, 01:21 PM
Apparently the 2nd in command in Libya and the military attache disagrees with the administration's talking points. Diverdog, you want to retool your sycophantic support of the adminstration's excuses. BTW, the the top diplomate after Stevens was killed indicated he talked to Hiliary 5 hours after the attack began briefly which of course was once more than the President himself who was probably curled up with his Beyonce doll fast asleep. If this is an acceptable level of response by our government then I question your judgement.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 01:23 PM
SpecOps team in Tripoli was a 4 man team with a medic. They wanted to send them to assist in the evacuation of the 60 personnel from the annex and for the medic to treat the wounded.

The team was "furious" when told they couldn't go.

I'm sure they were..

So did you read General Littles response? That these guys were very lightly armed and not trained for this mission nor would they have made a difference.

5/8/2013, 01:26 PM
... Diverdog, ...I question your judgement.He's a worker bee. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

FaninAma
5/8/2013, 01:34 PM
Upper echelon military commanders, especially those on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are nothing more than politicians in uniforms. They will try and circle the wagons to protect theor own careers just like the lame-assed politicians. The administration used General Ham as an example of what happens to your career if you don't play ball.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 01:43 PM
So did you read General Littles response? That these guys were very lightly armed and not trained for this mission nor would they have made a difference.

Hicks wanted them to go to assist securing the airport and treat the injured. That is it. At that time there were 50 personnel that needed to be evacuated some of which were injured.

Tell me specifically what is outlandish about that request? Something like that doesn't even need SpecOps.. Any military unit should be able to do that.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 01:46 PM
Upper echelon military commanders, especially those on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are nothing more than politicians in uniforms. They will try and circle the wagons to protect theor own careers just like the lame-assed politicians. The administration used General Ham as an example of what happens to your career if you don't play ball.

Oh brother.

champions77
5/8/2013, 01:53 PM
Watched the Today show this morning to see if they (NBC NEWS) would dare to report on the hearings that would take place later in the day. I watched it through the first five stories, but not a thing on Benghazi. Don't you know the execs were glad to see the story from Cleveland come about?

So much for journalistic integrity. Compare the degree in which the media reported on Watergate versus this. I would think as a reporter that your journalistic integrity is paramount to everything you do, and you would travel to the end of the earth to prevent someone from questioning your integrity. Not so.

If you libs out there think that this is healthy for this country, you are sadly mistaken. Used to be licentious behavior would result in a legion of media attention, investigations and inquiries... and the culprits would be called out. It was yet another form of "checks and balances" that kept our Nation in line. Used to be.

diverdog
5/8/2013, 02:01 PM
Hicks wanted them to go to assist securing the airport and treat the injured. That is it. At that time there were 50 personnel that needed to be evacuated some of which were injured.

Tell me specifically what is outlandish about that request? Something like that doesn't even need SpecOps.. Any military unit should be able to do that.

5 frick'en people? Are you kidding me. I landed in Kwuait and Grenada when we were taking down and securing those airports. It takes a lot of people to secure an airport. Generally Rangers or Marines.

Little said they had no combat gear and they were needed in Tripoli. I am sure some of this is the Somolia effect and some of it is just not knowing what was going on. Those Generals who command things like Africa Central Command are our best and brightest. I am not going to second guess their judgement.

olevetonahill
5/8/2013, 02:11 PM
:worked_till_5am:

I know it sounds pretty crude at first, but you gotta admit its not like we're talking about the family dog or something.:devilish:

:drunk:

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 02:13 PM
5 frick'en people? Are you kidding me. I landed in Kwuait and Grenada when we were taking down and securing those airports. It takes a lot of people to secure an airport. Generally Rangers or Marines.

Little said they had no combat gear and they were needed in Tripoli. I am sure some of this is the Somolia effect and some of it is just not knowing what was going on. Those Generals who command things like Africa Central Command are our best and brightest. I am not going to second guess their judgement.

If they had no combat gear why were they needed in Tripoli?? They wanted the medic to assist with the wounded... You think it was better for them to go without better medical care for a little longer?

Can you post a link to whatever this Little said?