PDA

View Full Version : "hardly anyone leaves their tsukko meshi unfinished"

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 04:19 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/japanese-restaurant-fines-customers-not-finishing-meal-181947669.html

Why would they?

And from the comments section:
Look my mom used to tell me.."finish your beer, there are sober children in Africa".

C&CDean
2/14/2013, 04:35 PM
I still blame my parents for my fat ***. Always had to clean the plate. To this day, I never leave a scrap of food on the plate. Or plates. Even if the food sucks I still finish it all. Lisa will push a plate of food away if she doesn't like it or she's full. Pisses me off that I've been conditioned to be a hog.

rock on sooner
2/14/2013, 04:43 PM
There are a lot of restaurants that have their portions so large that
many can't finish. There should be some guidelines...industry wide...
to "right size" portions to help cut down on the tremendous amount
of wasted prepared food. Doggy bags help but still a huge amount of
waste. I see it every time I go out to dinner. (I order what I know I
can eat, which is considerable, but so many people don't).

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 05:01 PM
I still blame my parents for my fat ***. Always had to clean the plate. To this day, I never leave a scrap of food on the plate. Or plates. Even if the food sucks I still finish it all. Lisa will push a plate of food away if she doesn't like it or she's full. Pisses me off that I've been conditioned to be a hog.
It's been shown to be a big contributor to weight problems as has using food for reward and punishment.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/14/2013, 05:09 PM
A buffet should NEVAR have a bin of lobster tails...IF they want to show a profit.

Wishboned
2/14/2013, 05:12 PM

Whenever my ex wife would make me a plate she would pile the food on there. I asked her not to put so much on there and she told me that I didn't have to eat it all. Yes. Yes I did.

I guess I could have made my own plate...

hawaii 5-0
2/14/2013, 09:08 PM
About 5 years ago I quit trying to clean my plate.

it still happens with regularity tho.

5-0

Jacie
2/15/2013, 07:21 AM
I always leave some food on my plate when i dine out. Those girls that wait on me deserve a tip afterall . . .

KantoSooner
2/15/2013, 09:44 AM
Even after spending most of my life living an around the Japanese nation, they retain the capacity to leave me dumbfounded. On the one hand, they feature 'King Viking' deals where you pay a fixed price for unlimited food and drink for a fixed time (say 45 minutes) and then they have this. Probably next door.
It makes my head hurt.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/15/2013, 11:11 AM
I always leave some food on my plate when i dine out. Those girls that wait on me deserve a tip afterall . . .They yearn for your return

FirstandGoal
2/17/2013, 01:15 PM
I too have a rule about leaving food on my plate. At first it started as a game with myself to see if I could even do it. Turns out I could so now I always make a point to try to leave something just to show that I don't always have to clean my plate to be "finished" with a meal. Now OTOH, I would consider it horrible beyond all comprehension to leave any alcoholic beverages I've purchased undrunk....