PDA

View Full Version : CA high school students suspended for chanting "USA" at a basketball game

BetterSoonerThanLater
2/14/2013, 01:53 PM
WTF? last time i checked this was the USA. i am so happy to be getting out of this dumbass state! these kids were told that it was racist? i guess i shouldnt be surprised..afterall, CA is less and less like America every day.

http://http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/students-told-to-remove-patriotic-bandanas.html

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:24 PM
WTF? last time i checked this was the USA. i am so happy to be getting out of this dumbass state! these kids were told that it was racist? i guess i shouldnt be surprised..afterall, CA is less and less like America every day.

http://http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/students-told-to-remove-patriotic-bandanas.html

Link not working.

badger
2/14/2013, 02:25 PM
here's an alternate, except its texas not cali
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/02/14/texas-students-in-trouble-for-chanting-usa-at-school-game-50604

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/02/14/texas-students-in-trouble-for-chanting-usa-at-school-game-50604

I got that one. San Antonio is going down the ****ter too.

BANNED in the USA: the chant “USA, USA, USA”? Alamo Heights (Texas) HS Basketball Outrage
By: hanoverhenry (Diary) | March 9th, 2012 at 07:22 AM | 0

We’ve come a long way from the anti-war, anti-America rallies of the 1960′s to this week when a high school in Texas apologized for the counter-chant hated by leftists since it became popular after the US Olympics victory over the world class Soviet team: USA, USA, USA .

But the “Miracle on Ice” of 1980 is today the “Stinks on Ice” episode where the same “USA, USA, USA” from over 30 years ago chanted by some fans in the audience earns a reprimand and punishment.

This is a story with a lousy ending, unless people who read this decide to take action to reverse what has happened.

The victorious Alamo Heights High School Boys Basketball Team beat a rival team in a state playoff in San Antonio, Texas this past Saturday and some of the the team’s fans in the audience erupted in this spontaneous chant: “USA, USA, USA.”

It lasted five seconds before Alamo Heights head coach Andrew Brewer silenced the chant. The supposedly insulted Hispanic High School team members were already in their locker room and never heard the “USA USA USA” chant, according to Edison High School coach Art Vela.

The flag of the Vietcong (National Liberation Front or NFL) was often waved at the anti-war rallies of the radical left in the 1960′s.

So in addition to burning American flags they also waved their Vietcong Communist flag and actually chanted for victory for the communists who were being trained, supplied and assisted on the battlefield of South Vietnam by their North Vietnam Communist allies, as they faced American soldiers, sending 58,272 of them home in body bags and hundreds of thousands more wounded and with changed lives.

Yes. The flag of the Communist cause that killed those 58,272 Americans and wounded so many more, was the flag raised at those leftwing anti-war rallies. The flag of America, was the one burned, in the 1960′s.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, 2012.

In Texas, our sources report what the national news media has still not reported: the Edison High school students – predominantly Hispanic – were chanting “ALAMO WHITES” repeatedly against their rival team throughout the game. They were not reprimanded or stopped by their coaches.

The Alamo Heights Boys Basketball Team’s fans at MANY OTHER GAMES during the school year, had chanted “USA, USA, USA.” It wasn’t just at this one game, as media reports make it appear.

At the end of the game, SOME of the fans of the winning Alamo Heights High School basketball team in the crowd (not all of them as has been reported) spontaneously erupted AS THEY HAD BEFORE, with the chants of “USA, USA, USA.”

Their team’s coach jumped up and silenced them within 5 seconds. The students who were caught chanting “USA, USA, USA” have been reprimanded. They will not be allowed to go to the next championship game of their team, because they changed “USA, USA, USA.”

Is that an outrage in your opinion?

What makes it an outrage, and indeed makes my blood boil as I sorted through this information to write this more balanced report, is that the story gets even worse. You won’t read this in any reports up to this point – there is no single story anywhere that has this report.

First, we have political correctness at work – the same mentality of the 1960′s Vietcong flag wavers who wanted to burn the American flag as they waved their Communist Vietcong flag.

The San Antonio Independent School District athletic director Gil Garza was offended.

Not by the clearly racist chants “ALAMO WHITES” by the Edison High school fans. There is NO INFORMATION ANYWHERE which reports Garza being offended by this clearly racist chanting during the game. No.

Garza was only offended by the “USA,USA, USA” chants of some in the crowd.

So now District Athletic Director Gil Garza has filed an official complaint against the Alamo Heights basketball team seeking further punishment of the team for the crowd’s chant “USA, USA, USA.”

The politically correct Gil Garza filed his complaint with the University Interscholastic League (http://www.uiltexas.org), the governing council for high school basketball in Texas.

Can a high school team face further punishment by officials of the state basketball governing body because some in the crowd chanted “USA, USA, USA”???

Yes. It is a pending matter.

Can you imagine? The chant “USA, USA, USA” could be BANNED IN THE USA.

It has not at this hour, yet been reported in the national news media, which has only reported a one sided story making it sound as if one side is completely to blame, completely racist, and all guilty. Even the Fox news report on this – as always more fair and balanced than any other TV reports – has been incomplete.

This is an incredible, even absurd story. But it is for real.

We don’t condone any racism or any rudeness whatsoever.

High school students who behave rudely towards other teams should indeed be corrected, just as those who steal, cheat, curse should be corrected and even punished when they have done harm.

But America’s famous symbol of Lady Justice blindfolded, is done that way for a reason. Justice in America is supposed to be blind to color and race – and only take account of the actions of those who are to be punished.

The students who chanted “ALAMO WHITES” were clearly ACTING in a racist manner.

The students who chanted “USA, USA, USA” were doing what fans at games ALWAYS do – they were expressing their enthusiasm for their team.

How can it be considered racist in America today to chant “USA, USA, USA”?

If you showed up at a leftist anti-war, anti-America rally in the 1960′s waving an American flag you would have been beaten half to death. If you showed up waving a Vietcong flag you would have been welcomed.

In San Antonio Texas, it seems OK to chant the racist “ALAMO WHITES” against the dominant white Alamo Heights, high school basketball team while they were playing.

But in San Antonio, Texas, that Alamo Heights high school basketball team is facing further punishment because some in the crowd chanted the now politically incorrect “USA, USA, USA”.

If you want to read a more balanced account of this story you can check the blog of George Rodriquez, who became the first Hispanic president of a Tea Party when he was elected in March, 2011 (see Facebook page). Rodriquez has worked at the U.S. Department of Justice and the White House Office of Public Liaison during the Reagan Administration.

The more balanced report of Rodriguez says that these district administrators (led by athletic director Gil Garza) “are fixated on political correctness (and race), (and) only revenge, not justice, appears to be satisfactory (to them).”

He goes on to blame the national news media as well, because, writes Rodriquez, “in their hurry to report a story, they have been unjust to all the students of Alamo Heights… we should teach responsibility and justice, rather than victimization, entitlement and revenge.”

One of the most amazing ironies of this story is that the supposedly “white” Alamo Heights students included Hispanics, who were also reprimanded as “racists” for chanting “USA, USA, USA”.

Fox TV’s Griff Jenkins interviewed one of the tearful mothers of the reprimanded students. Brace yourself for this.

The reprimanded student of the supposedly all white high school team’s fans in the audience is an Hispanic mother, Paulette Jemel. Griff Jenkins interviewed her for his TV report.

Mrs. Jemel said her son complained to her after the reprimand, saying “I am not going to be called an anti-Hispanic racist” and begged her to stand up for him.

We are thankful for the bits and pieces of this story we were able to put together thanks to blogger George Rodriquez and Fox TV’s Griff Jenkins who went to interview students (in addition to numerous other sources).

The scales of justice are out of balance with the punishment of students from San Antonio, Texas’ Alamo Heights High School for chanting “USA, USA, USA”.

The scales of justice may be much further unbalanced if they are punished by their state association as demanded.

But this story isn’t over yet. Incredibly, the team’s fans face further punishment.

You can help restore balance, and prevent further injustice.

If you want to demand justice you can write to the state agency where the complaint was filed:

Executive Director Dr. Charles Breithaupt, University Interscholastic League (in Austin, Tx), Policy and Administration (regarding Boys High School Basketball), [email protected]

And if you want to ask the high school which punished students for chanting “USA, USA, USA” to lighten up and stop being so one-sided, you can write:

Alamo Heights High School Principal, Dr. Linda Foster, [email protected]

and

(to complain about Head Coach Andrew Brewer’s silencing the students chanting “USA, USA, USA,” and then their subsequent reprimand and punishment:

Alamo Heights H.S. Principal, Dr. Linda Foster, [email protected].

In writing, you may wish to share the URL for this story, and not use inflammatory language. Stick with the facts and be polite!

I will appreciate if you wish to post here, any letter you send, and any response that you receive, and I may write again on this topic as I continue to follow this story. Your doing this may help influence some others to write also, and may also provide useful ideas to others thinking of writing.

I will also appreciate it if you could help circulate this story – using email, facebook or any other media that you have available to you.

I conclude with a statement that may also be banned at basketball games in Texas, very soon, at the rate we are going, but which will always be applauded by us conservatives and values voters:

God bless America, God bless us one and all.

HanoverHenry is Pat Henry on Facebook, and I’m on the lookout for new friends there.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/14/2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/02/14/texas-students-in-trouble-for-chanting-usa-at-school-game-50604little doubt PC is happening everywhere, but I would certainly be inclined to think CA is MUCH more down the path of Transformation, Obeary-style, than is Texas.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 02:38 PM
I got that one. San Antonio is going down the ****ter too.

I have news for you -- San Antonio has been in the ****ter since the Mexicans took the Alamo.

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:49 PM
Here is the California debacle:

CA HIGH SCHOOL DISCIPLINES STUDENTS FOR WEARING AMERICAN FLAG BANDANAS, CHANTING 'USA'

by TONY LEE 13 Feb 2013 17 POST A COMMENT
Last Wednesday, Camarillo High School administrators ordered students Austin Medeiros, Stefan Valenzuela, and their two friends to remove their American flag bandanas and suspended them after they led fellow students at a basketball game in "USA, USA" chants. Camarillo school officials felt those actions had "racial overtones."
In a high school basketball game in California between Camarillo and Rio Mesa High School, the four friends wore patriotic American flag bandanas like they have always done.
A Camarillo school official ordered them to either remove their bandanas or leave the game as a "precaution" since both schools have a significant number of Hispanic students. The students removed the bandanas and then led the diverse Camarillo high school students who were at the game in a "USA, USA" chant. For that, they were suspended. School officials later lifted the suspension.
Medeiros, one of the students who wore the American flag bandana, told the Ventura County Star that he and his friends are "very patriotic" and they have "always" worn the American flag bandanas.
“I will always be proud of where I come from and what my flag represents,” he tweeted. “No matter what anyone tells me! I stand up for what I believe in!”

Gabe Soumakian, the superintendent of the Oxnard Union School District, told Fox News' Todd Starnes that the USA chants had "racial overtones" and this could be a "teachable moment" for the school. He also said the "USA" chant did not comply with California state athletic guidelines and noted, "it has to do with the fact that they are making a chant regarding that we are from the USA and you’re not. Whether that’s the implied intent, that’s the way it comes across."
“We have a very diverse student body in the district,” Soumakian said. “As a superintendent I think we need to pursue this further. We need to work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.”

After the video of the diverse Camarillo student body chanting, "USA, USA," was posted on YouTube, commenters expressed their support for the four patriotic students.
One commenter wrote, "I am absolutely dumbfounded that these proud American kids were singled out and punished for being patriotic ... If you don’t love this country … get out.”

As Starnes notes, in 2010, after a California high school banned a group of students from wearing American flag t-shirts on Cinco de May, a federal court ruled in favor of the school district, saying "concerns over possible violence justified censoring the pro-American message."

Starnes opined that he was proud to see young people display patriotism, writing that it made him "so proud to see young people, especially in California where anti-Americanism is rampant, take pride in their country and show it!"

Photo credit: Austin Medeiros Instagram account

Most alarming is a federal court supporting the school system. Self destruction can't be far away with this mentality.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 02:50 PM
I am quite sure the "USA" chant was aimed at the team with the larger Hispanic school representation. But you know what...WGAF? I have been to basketball games in Oklahoma in which the racial representation of the opposing team was skewed toward other races different that that of our team and heard our cheer leaders called derogatory racial names by the opposing fans(which is ironic because most of our cheer leaders are of Native-American heritage). Ice and trash were thrown at our fans. Did the administration of our school make a big deal out of it? No. He merely informed the athletic director to not put that team back on the schedule in the future.

We have also been to games where the same situation arose in terms of racial diversity and our fans, team and cheerleaders were treated quite well. In fact, the later scenario occured far more often than the former. But of course it is Oklahoma we're talking about.

It sounds like the SA AD has a chip on his shoulder and he is turning the problem into a much bigger issue than it needs to be. He needs to be canned and they need somebody in there with better diplomatic skills.

California has reached the point of no return. We know it will be time to turn off the lights when a few of the Silicon Valley stalwarts start closing shop there.

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:50 PM
I have news for you -- San Antonio has been in the ****ter since the Mexicans took the Alamo.

True, they just don't have the overwhelming support of the state (Like in CA) to accelerate their downfall.

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:52 PM
Here's the video:

0lJH79-8z5E

badger
2/14/2013, 02:54 PM
Can the "SEC" chant be deemed racist too? I mean, those are pretty much all Confederate states and the Confederate flag has pretty much been blacklisted in this country, so why not the "SEC" chant.

As an America, I find "SEC" chants to be racist and they must be stopped immediately!

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 02:56 PM
Can the "SEC" chant be deemed racist too? I mean, those are pretty much all Confederate states and the Confederate flag has pretty much been blacklisted in this country, so why not the "SEC" chant.

As an America, I find "SEC" chants to be racist and they must be stopped immediately!
The SEC is too politically correct with that sort of thing....pity.

2/14/2013, 03:02 PM

As an America, I find "SEC" chants to be racist and they must be stopped immediately!Hard to tell as to what degree you might be joking. I would guess all the black athletes on those teams might not feel that way. The unusual conference ballyhooing does mean something though. Maybe just that they have more good athletes and possibly coaches, and fans' support than the other conferences do.?

BetterSoonerThanLater
2/14/2013, 03:08 PM
I am quite sure the "USA" chant was aimed at the team with the larger Hispanic school representation. But you know what...WGAF? I have been to basketball games in Oklahoma in which the racial representation of the opposing team was skewed toward other races different that that of our team and heard our cheer leaders called derogatory racial names by the opposing fans(which is ironic because most of our cheer leaders are of Native-American heritage). Ice and trash were thrown at our fans. Did the administration of our school make a big deal out of it? No. He merely informed the athletic director to not put that team back on the schedule in the future.

We have also been to games where the same situation arose in terms of racial diversity and our fans, team and cheerleaders were treated quite well. In fact, the later scenario occured far more often than the former. But of course it is Oklahoma we're talking about.

It sounds like the SA AD has a chip on his shoulder and he is turning the problem into a much bigger issue than it needs to be. He needs to be canned and they need somebody in there with better diplomatic skills.

California has reached the point of no return. We know it will be time to turn off the lights when a few of the Silicon Valley stalwarts start closing shop there.

thing thing is--and i agree with you btw-- is that the liveral mindset is that "We are all Americans". if thats the case, and thats what they want, then why get offended by chanting USA? its a double standard. if majority of the participants were Hispanic,and started chanting "viva mexico" this probably wouldnt be an issue. not to mention, as the video shows in a previous post, the stands look pretty diverse to me.. its not like the whole stands were filled with whites only.

GMAFB. you want to be seen as "Americans" and then get offended when people chant American stuff. GTFO

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 03:10 PM
Hard to tell as to what degree you might be joking. I would guess all the black athletes on those teams might not feel that way. The unusual conference ballyhooing does mean something though. Maybe just that they have more good athletes and possibly coaches, and fans' support than the other conferences do.?
The degree to which she was joking is 100%.

okie52
2/14/2013, 03:12 PM
thing thing is--and i agree with you btw-- is that the liveral mindset is that "We are all Americans". if thats the case, and thats what they want, then why get offended by chanting USA? its a double standard. if majority of the participants were Hispanic,and started chanting "viva mexico" this probably wouldnt be an issue. not to mention, as the video shows in a previous post, the stands look pretty diverse to me.. its not like the whole stands were filled with whites only.

GMAFB. you want to be seen as "Americans" and then get offended when people chant American stuff. GTFO

You know dam well if they were chanting "Viva Mexico" in California the schools wouldn't have said a word.

2/14/2013, 03:14 PM
The degree to which she was joking is 100%.one would hope

badger
2/14/2013, 03:31 PM
The degree to which she was joking is 100%.

No, I seriously want the SEC chant banned and will use any excuse to get there. Soooo... it's racist, right? :D

Tulsa_Fireman
2/14/2013, 03:34 PM
Yes.

Toward grey kids/shirts.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 03:34 PM
Yes.

Toward grey kids/shirts.
Strong. Very strong.

2/14/2013, 03:36 PM
I would LOVE to see any attempt to have the SEC SEC SEC chant baned. it would be plenty comical.

badger
2/14/2013, 03:37 PM
I would LOVE to see any attempt to have the SEC SEC SEC chant baned. it would be plenty comical.

So you agree that it's racist and any forms of chanting racist remarks, especially "SEC," must be halted immediately. You know, for political correctness and stuff :D

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 03:39 PM
I wish they would ban the "SEC" chant and adopt the "CSA" chant instead. Epic win.

2/14/2013, 03:50 PM
So you agree that it's racist and any forms of chanting racist remarks, especially "SEC," must be halted immediately. You know, for political correctness and stuff :DYou didn't have to ask!

2/14/2013, 03:53 PM
I wish they would ban the "SEC" chant and adopt the "CSA" chant instead. Epic win.
a VERY worthy project for you to undertake would be to persuade the SEC SEC SEC to change its name to CSAC CSAC CSAC

or maybe CSC CSC CSC

cleller
2/14/2013, 04:43 PM
Why do so many public school administrators hate Americans? And why do they permit white persons being taunted?

Likely because their are downhill of the lousy government.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 05:06 PM
Why do so many public school administrators hate Americans? And why do they permit white persons being taunted?

Likely because their are downhill of the lousy government.

Obviously the AD allowed his personal feelings to take over his decision making. He could have defused the situation but instead he escalated it. AS an administrator in any organization this is a very poor quality to have.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/14/2013, 05:09 PM
So messicans aren't very good at basketball?

Eduardo Najera rawked though.

okie52
2/14/2013, 05:17 PM
Oxnard school district bans words:

Oxnard School District Bans Racially Charged Word To Combat Bullying Against Mexican Indigenous People
The Huffington Post | By Laura Steiner
Posted: 06/01/2012 11:59 am Updated: 06/01/2012 12:00 pm

Last week the Oxnard School District, located in Oxnard city in Southern California, banned the use of the term ‘Oaxaquita’, the LA Times reported. ‘Oaxaquita’ is a derogatory term used to refer to indigenous people from Mexico’s Oaxaca state.

Oxnard, located 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, is the most populous city in Ventura County and it is home to a large community of Mexican farm workers.

73.5 percent of the population in Oxnard is of Hispanic or Latino origin and estimates suggest 30 percent of all farm workers in California are indigenous Mexicans, according to the LA Times. Many of them are Mixtec--indigenous people from the Mexican state of Oaxaca.

Prior to banning the use of “Oaxaquita” in the School District, indigenous leaders of the Ventura County had launched the “No Me Llames Oaxaquita!” (“Don’t call me little Oaxacan!”) campaign on May 17th in an effort to stop bullying against indigenous Mexican children and farm workers. The campaign aimed to persuade local school districts to prohibit the words "Oaxaquita" and "indito" (little Indian) from being used in school grounds. It also hoped to encourage indigenous pride.

But the anti-indigenous discrimination of Mixtecs in the U.S. has origins in Mexico. The term ‘Oaxaquita’, generally used by Mexicans immigrants to refer to their fellow countrymen, highlights racial tensions among Latinos.

“Here I have not felt discrimination,” said Silvia Rojas, a Mexican agricultural laborer originally from Juxtlahuaca, Oaxaca, México who works in California, in Spanish to HuffPost Voces. “But I remember that in Mexico City I was insulted for being indigenous.”

High numbers of migration from all parts of Mexico still makes discrimination against indigenous Mexicans a palpable reality in the U.S.

"Mixtecs who work in the fields are insulted by their contractors who are for the most part Mexicans," according to Eduardo Stanley reporter for HuffPost Voces who’s covered extensively the indigenous population in California. "It's an ongoing, permanent thing. If you talk to some people, they refer to indigenous Mexicans as 'los morenitos.' It's part of their every day language." The term loosely translates to "little dark-skinned" people.

The discrimination of indigenous people is in big part related to the discrepancy in native tongues.

While Spanish remains to be the most widely spoken language in Mexico, the state of Oaxaca has 16 different indigenous languages, according a paper by University of California, San Diego. The two most commonly spoken ones are Zapotec and Mixteco.

The Mixtec language is positioned as inferior not only to Spanish, but also to English, as in the case of Mixteco in the U.S.

Often times the discrimination of indigenous people concludes in the censorship of their own language. Oaxacans feel repressed and as such they choose not to speak their own native tongue in certain situations, according to Stanley.

In California, the indigenous workers of Ventura County and students of the Oxnard School District have reported being bullied by other Mexican immigrant classmates who are not indigenous for their indigenous appearance and for speaking Mixteco.

The racial tension seems to challenge the pan-ethnic label used to identify Latinos.

"We forget that it's a multilingual, multiethnic community," said Gaspar Rivera-Salgado, a researcher at the UCLA Labor Center who’s written about Mexican indigenous migration and the Mexican community in the U.S. to the LA Times. "We forget about the fact that 62 indigenous languages are spoken in Mexico."

Stanley argues there's a positive outcome of this discrimination. Mexican indigenous children who come to the U.S. as a young age see the importance in learning and communicating in the country's language. Mixtec children are often time trilingual speaking their native tongue, Spanish and English fluently.

Oaxaquita...my new favorite word. This school district is loaded with PC landmines. Can't chant USA, can't wear patriotic clothing and can't refer to a person's place of origin.

I wonder what they think of the term "illegal" ?

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 05:27 PM
So messicans aren't very good at basketball?

Eduardo Najera rawked though.

Hard to Play in WET clothes

2/14/2013, 05:30 PM
CONTRALEY CONTRALEY CONTRALEY!!!

okie52
2/14/2013, 05:31 PM
Oaxaquita.

2/14/2013, 05:31 PM
Hard to Play in WET clothesTraditionalist!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2013, 10:17 PM
It was probably a misunderstanding.....maybe they were shouting "U.S.A!" to congratulate their opponents on their impending U.S. citizenship.

okie52
2/14/2013, 10:52 PM
It was probably a misunderstanding.....maybe they were shouting "U.S.A!" to congratulate their opponents on their impending U.S. citizenship.

Oaxaquita!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2013, 11:16 PM
Oaxaquita!!!

Well, okie, are you joining white Mexicans to belittle dark Mexicans?

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 11:19 PM

Ima just sit down will all of em and eat some beans an tortillas and Peppers.

okie52
2/14/2013, 11:23 PM

Sure. As long as it pizzes them off and the PC police. I may even throw an American flag at them just to get them really upset.

Hey juan....do you teach in the Oxnard district? I notice they have migrant classes in their public schools.

kevpks
2/14/2013, 11:27 PM
Hard to tell as to what degree you might be joking. I would guess all the black athletes on those teams might not feel that way. The unusual conference ballyhooing does mean something though. Maybe just that they have more good athletes and possibly coaches, and fans' support than the other conferences do.?

I think the SEC chant is a way for fans from lesser SEC schools to feel like they accomplished something by living vicariously through Florida, LSU, and Bama.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2013, 11:53 PM
This does remind me of when I went to Putnam City High School (99.9% white) and Douglas High School (mostly Black) was in the same athletic conference.

One year shirts and signs saying "Orange Power" (Putnam City's color) were banned at games as an affront to "Black Power." [I know, it should be banned for aggieness anyway]

Tension got so bad for a couple of years, with stabbings and fights, that the football and basketball games between the two schools were played in the afternoon with no spectators allowed!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2013, 12:43 AM
Sure. As long as it pizzes them off and the PC police. I may even throw an American flag at them just to get them really upset.

Hey juan....do you teach in the Oxnard district? I notice they have migrant classes in their public schools.

Oxnard is Southern California , San Joaquin is due east of San Francisco - so no, that's not my program.

But they're in Ventura County which does $1.8 billion/year in agriculture. Big strawberry crop. Did you know California supplies 25% of the world's strawberries?

There is good news for unemployed white folks though...invention of a new machine....

http://vegetablegrowersnews.com/images/sized/images/uploads/vgn/article-images/600x441-Lying_Down-600x441.jpg

okie52
2/15/2013, 10:10 AM
Oxnard is Southern California , San Joaquin is due east of San Francisco - so no, that's not my program.

But they're in Ventura County which does $1.8 billion/year in agriculture. Big strawberry crop. Did you know California supplies 25% of the world's strawberries?

There is good news for unemployed white folks though...invention of a new machine....

http://vegetablegrowersnews.com/images/sized/images/uploads/vgn/article-images/600x441-Lying_Down-600x441.jpg

Ah, so many california school districts have migrant education classes. Way to go California!!!!

That new machine might get some white and black folk out doing the harvests...along with Obama's $9 an hour minimum wage.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 10:21 AM
Ah, so many california school districts have migrant education classes. Way to go California!!!!

That new machine might get some white and black folk out doing the harvests...along with Obama's $9 an hour minimum wage.

Dont think they pay by the hour, at least when I picked them bastards i think we got a nickle a quart for em.

okie52
2/15/2013, 10:26 AM
Dont think they pay by the hour, at least when I picked them bastards i think we got a nickle a quart for em.

You are probably right. Now that you mention it, it seems that ag jobs may be excluded from minimum wage. I really can't remember.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 10:38 AM
You are probably right. Now that you mention it, it seems that ag jobs may be excluded from minimum wage. I really can't remember.

Its been a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago that I worked in the fields, I know we got paid by how much we picked, Berrys ,beans, maters, cotton Etc.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2013, 10:40 AM
There used to be a time in this country when we weren't forced to pay people to work in the fields.

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 10:41 AM
There used to be a time in this country when we weren't forced to pay people to work in the fields.

WHAT?

okie52
2/15/2013, 10:44 AM

Slavery there Sic em?

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 10:45 AM
Slavery there Sic em?

heh, we wernt forced to PAY we paid to Force em.

okie52
2/15/2013, 10:46 AM
heh, we wernt forced to PAY we paid to Force em.

Heh....

stoopified
2/15/2013, 10:47 AM

As an America, I find "SEC" chants to be racist and they must be stopped immediately! I second that emotion

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2013, 10:58 AM

Attention all lurkers, recruits, etc,....please note that SicEm is from Baylor, not OU.

BetterSoonerThanLater
2/15/2013, 12:23 PM
You know dam well if they were chanting "Viva Mexico" in California the schools wouldn't have said a word.

oh no doubt

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2013, 12:38 PM
Cancel our game with Notre Dame -- those unpatriotic sons-of-Euro-trash-bitches!!!

http://admissions.nd.edu/assets/873/carroll_hall_go_irish.jpg

okie52
2/15/2013, 01:37 PM
Cancel our game with Notre Dame -- those unpatriotic sons-of-Euro-trash-bitches!!!

http://admissions.nd.edu/assets/873/carroll_hall_go_irish.jpg

No administrator banned "viva la mexico"...only USA USA USA.

I must've missed Boren telling sooner fans not to wear patriotic attire to the game so it wouldn't offend the ND fans. The fireworks and national anthem before the game must have really pissed the Irish off.

Boren missed a teachable moment.

2/15/2013, 01:47 PM

I must've missed Boren telling sooner fans not to wear patriotic attire to the game so it wouldn't offend the ND fans. The fireworks and national anthem before the game must have really pissed the Irish off.

Boren missed a teachable moment.As much as I dislike domer, i would doubt that the domers are thinking of themselves as other than American. I think of them as more like the New York Yankees of college football. Although they don't associate with a particular place, like New York, they do fancy themselves in a special(best) place in college football.

As someone who has a lot of Irish blood, I find it weird that they chose to call themselves Fighting Irish. Of course, back when they adopted that name, it wasn't against PC norms, like it is now(if it wasn't for all the chaos it would cause to go after their use of the name Irish as their mascot, they prolly would have been attacked for doing that a long time ago)

okie52
2/15/2013, 02:01 PM
As much as I dislike domer, i would doubt that the domers are thinking of themselves as other than American. I think of them as more like the New York Yankees of college football. Although they don't associate with a particular place, like New York, they do fancy themselves in a special(best) place in college football.

You mean the Irish aren't banning USA chants or patriotic apparel? What the Hell is wrong with them.

Oaxaquita.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2013, 02:11 PM

Boren missed a teachable moment.

What's wrong with the Sooner fans,... why didn't they yell "go USA!"? Boren wasn't stopping them.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2013, 02:16 PM
As much as I dislike domer, i would doubt that the domers are thinking of themselves as other than American. I think of them as more like the New York Yankees of college football. Although they don't associate with a particular place, like New York, they do fancy themselves in a special(best) place in college football.

As someone who has a lot of Irish blood, I find it weird that they chose to call themselves Fighting Irish. Of course, back when they adopted that name, it wasn't against PC norms, like it is now(if it wasn't for all the chaos it would cause to go after their use of the name Irish as their mascot, they prolly would have been attacked for doing that a long time ago)

I didn't see in the article anything about the Rio Mesa students (the opposing team) were expressing themselves as "other than American."

okie52
2/15/2013, 03:25 PM
I didn't see in the article anything about the Rio Mesa students (the opposing team) were expressing themselves as "other than American."

Why would they be offended then?

okie52
2/15/2013, 03:28 PM
What's wrong with the Sooner fans,... why didn't they yell "go USA!"? Boren wasn't stopping them.

I'm sure some sooner fans did as the planes flew over and the fireworks went off. And before the game fans were handed red and white t shirts. Too close to the patriotic spectrum for some, evidently.

Oaxaquita.

okie52
2/15/2013, 03:32 PM

BTW juan...when OU played Air Force a couple of years ago Boren asked Sooner fans to complete the Star Spangled Banner as originally written...as in "home of the Brave" rather than what some fans say "home of the Sooners" in deference to the Air Force and its fans. Kind of a reverse California logic about patriotism. Go figure.

Oaxaquita.

2/15/2013, 03:56 PM
You mean the Irish aren't banning USA chants or patriotic apparel? What the Hell is wrong with them.

Oaxaquita.Whether you mean Irishmen and women in America, or those in Ireland, or even domer fans, i DON'T KNOW!...but, I would only speculate that most, if not all, aren't banning USA stuff, or at least aren't doing so because of any Irishness.

okie52
2/15/2013, 04:05 PM
Whether you mean Irishmen and women in America, or those in Ireland, or even domer fans, i DON'T KNOW!...but, I would only speculate that most, if not all, aren't banning USA stuff, or at least aren't doing so because of any Irishness.

I'm just talking about the Domers.

Oaxaquita.

2/15/2013, 05:45 PM
I would guess that a significant number of the domer aren't anti-American. Just a hunch.

2/15/2013, 05:48 PM
I didn't see in the article anything about the Rio Mesa students (the opposing team) were expressing themselves as "other than American."then, it shouldn't have been them who were PO'd about Go USA, or whatever American chant they heard.