PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Rick Perry

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 11:31 AM
http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/width336/cartoons/25480_image.gif

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 11:34 AM
Won't let me imbed the image because it says the file is too big but just click on the "X".

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 11:40 AM
Won't let me imbed the image because it says the file is too big but just click on the "X".

I dont get an x
Just post the link .

yermom
2/14/2013, 11:44 AM
http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/width336/cartoons/25480_image.gif

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 12:06 PM
Alright YM, how did you get the insert image function to work?

Edit:Nevermind. I unchecked the option to retrieve locally and it let me post it. Thanks

badger
2/14/2013, 12:08 PM
I think it's funny he's pizzing off California, but the Rick Perry the country saw last year was not exactly one you'd want to hop in a Texas Caddy with:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EO3UeCBP7Cs/TsFBMqfND_I/AAAAAAAAO1c/jMPrkiWaFZ0/s1600/Perry+cartoon+1.gif

KantoSooner
2/14/2013, 12:15 PM
I know of at least two smallish businesses (200 employees or less) who're strongly considering shutting their doors in Cali and moving to someplace more business friendly.
Governor Moonbeam has limited time to show he can right the ship without simply putting a gun to the heads of business people. One wonders how long the film business will stay if it turns out they are the only folks left to foot the state's bills.

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/business/austin-seeing-interest-from-california-companies-d/nWNqQ/

Apparently the feeling is mutual.

“We have had tons of prospects and inquiries from California,” Porter said. “And the common theme is: the sooner (the move out of California) the better.”

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 12:30 PM
I think it's funny he's pizzing off California, but the Rick Perry the country saw last year was not exactly one you'd want to hop in a Texas Caddy with:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EO3UeCBP7Cs/TsFBMqfND_I/AAAAAAAAO1c/jMPrkiWaFZ0/s1600/Perry+cartoon+1.gif

If he was headed to 6th Street in Austin to party I might.

badger
2/14/2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/business/austin-seeing-interest-from-california-companies-d/nWNqQ/

Apparently the feeling is mutual.

“We have had tons of prospects and inquiries from California,” Porter said. “And the common theme is: the sooner (the move out of California) the better.”

No doubt businesses want to move out of California, but if they can move somewhere close by to save on moving costs, they will. A lot of Cali residents moved to Nevada, for example, and then crashed that state's housing market. I heard from my relatives in Oregon that there's also Cali transplants driving up home costs there as well. Warsh is an income-tax free state, so they get their share of Cali and I'm sure Arizona sees some of it too.

But do we really want Texas and Oklahoma joining the Pac 12?

achiro
2/14/2013, 12:48 PM
I wonder why companies that aren't location dependant don't all move out of "hostile" environments? Remington Arms is based in NY, why in the hell would a company like that stay and pay taxes to a state that has zero support for the gun industry. Also recently read about a bill proposal in MN that would outlaw the manufacturing of guns and gun parts. A gun company there that employs 150+ is fighting it of course but I know a bunch of states around here would welcome them with open arms.

BetterSoonerThanLater
2/14/2013, 02:14 PM
i'm moving to texas from cali, and i couldn't be happier (unless my company had operations in OK). i can't get outta CA fast enough. this place is going to hell in a handbasket. my company is ramping up operations in TX, and slowing down in CA.

badger
2/14/2013, 02:24 PM
i'm moving to texas from cali, and i couldn't be happier (unless my company had operations in OK). i can't get outta CA fast enough. this place is going to hell in a handbasket. my company is ramping up operations in TX, and slowing down in CA.

Boeing tried to do that with WA to SC and the union howled to Obama. I wonder how soon the feds are gonna stick their nose in businesses moving from state to state again?

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:34 PM

Good luck. I love to hear about businesses dumping those chumps in CA.

BetterSoonerThanLater
2/14/2013, 03:02 PM
Boeing tried to do that with WA to SC and the union howled to Obama. I wonder how soon the feds are gonna stick their nose in businesses moving from state to state again?

well, i work for an airline, so its not like we are moving completely. we'll always have a large presence in CA--its just too big of a market. but what we can do is control growth there, and ramp up service where it's cheaper and easier to operate.

REDREX
2/14/2013, 03:50 PM
We are moving a business from Cal to Texas----easy call I just wish we had done it sooner

okie52
2/14/2013, 03:53 PM
We are moving a business from Cal to Texas----easy call I just wish we had done it sooner

Glad to hear Red. How have you been?

yermom
2/14/2013, 04:19 PM
with the relative cheapness of land in OK, i'm surprised more businesses don't move here

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2013, 04:25 PM
There is not one shred of me that doesn't detest Rick Perry with the energy of a billion quasars.

He is, to put it nicely, an imbicile.
He is the absolute epitome of an opportunist.
He is not a conservative.
...and he is a liar.

I dealt with his shenanigans enough in Texas to see what he was really like. Worse yet, I know some of his top staff very well personally and they're as big of d-bags as anyone I know. Also, one of his top campaign advisers ripped off specific lines and ideas that I had used in arguments with this asshat years and years ago. But don't make the mistake of thinking that has clouded my judgement with Perry -- I hated Perry well before that.

REDREX
2/14/2013, 04:27 PM
Glad to hear Red. How have you been?---Never better---Everything good with you Okie?

okie52
2/14/2013, 04:30 PM
---Never better---Everything good with you Okie?

Good...been staying busy in the oilpatch. Haven't been to Tulsa in a while but when I do I will give you a call.

REDREX
2/14/2013, 04:43 PM
Good...been staying busy in the oilpatch. Haven't been to Tulsa in a while but when I do I will give you a call.---Let me know

XingTheRubicon
2/14/2013, 07:04 PM
with the relative cheapness of land in OK, i'm surprised more businesses don't move here

State Income Tax

and a few other sweetheart deals that texas offers (certain cities) that no one else seems to...

if it wasn't for texans, texas would be pretty awesome

diverdog
2/14/2013, 07:34 PM

****ty schools don't help.

REDREX
2/14/2013, 08:32 PM
****ty schools don't help.---In that case everyone would leave California

diverdog
2/14/2013, 10:44 PM
---In that case everyone would leave California

And Oklahoma. Most companies look at more than taxes when moving. Quality of workforce and education systems rank high in those decisions. Not all but it does come into consideration. I think that is why Texas is getting the business.

BTW I give Perry kudos on backing the BSA. I just ordered his book.

cleller
2/15/2013, 08:57 AM

Texas has crowded highways and strip malls criss-crossing all over the place. Makes the CA people feel more at home.

The state income tax and toll roads here may be worth it to avoid that.

KantoSooner
2/15/2013, 09:22 AM
Here's the deal:

Whatever we do, there are some percentage of people who are never going to willingly come to Oklahoma, much less move here. Same image problem as Mississippi, Alabama and West Virginia (though they have mountains going for them. Basically, we're seen by these people as being fat, ignorant, bigoted, violent, poor, stupid and basically worthless...and in charge of a state.

I've had some of these folks travel to visit customers with me and be astounded that we had:
1. Bottled water.
2. Unleaded gasoline
3. Menu choices that extended beyond burgers, catfish and chicken fried steak.
4. Black people who didn't look hunted.
5. Performing arts centers. And some that apparently were venues for ..... local acts!
6. Universities.
7. New cars.
8. lane markers painted on the road (apparently this, for Californians, is a major innovation. "Wow, this would be really convenient on the freeway. When did you guys get this?")

Etc.

Just refer to these people as morons and move on.

Be happy that they don't want to be here. Stay quiet. DON'T be a missiionary to them. WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

Just stay cool and the good things about this state will stay as they are without a massive influx of 'aliens'.

achiro
2/15/2013, 09:33 AM
Here's the deal:

4. Black people who didn't look hunted.

Us whiteys need to do better.

soonercruiser
2/16/2013, 11:39 PM
And a moonshine still on every mountain!
Goooooo Mountaineers!