PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of Girlfriend

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 09:08 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57569336/blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-charged-with-murder-of-girlfriend-reeva-steenkamp/

Tragic.

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 09:12 AM
That wernt Murder. The yainch committed SUICIDE by tryin to sneak in on him at 3 AM

badger
2/14/2013, 09:18 AM
I already saw this on SC this morning, but when I saw this thread, my immediate thought was that unlike Lance, he won't wait a decade to let everyone he inspired down. His career's likely over, whether found guilty or not

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 09:51 AM
This is going to be an interesting case. The bogus stories about Pistorius mistaking her for an intruder were quickly spread by the press and are an example of how beloved Pistorius is in South Africa and how the prosecution of a national hero is going to be tricky. The SA cops are rather baffled by these reports since witnesses heard yelling and arguing before they heard shots, and the couple has a history of domestic "issues."

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 10:00 AM
This is going to be an interesting case. The bogus stories about Pistorius mistaking her for an intruder were quickly spread by the press and are an example of how beloved Pistorius is in South Africa and how the prosecution of a national hero is going to be tricky. The SA cops are rather baffled by these reports since witnesses heard yelling and arguing before they heard shots, and the couple has a history of domestic "issues."

Well then she shoulda just STFU and made him a sammich.

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 10:03 AM
Well then she shoulda just STFU and made him a sammich.

Naw, high maintenance fashion model. HE probably had to cater to her.

olevetonahill
2/14/2013, 10:10 AM
Naw, high maintenance fashion model. HE probably had to cater to her.

heh, Then he shoulda got him a womans that WOULD STFU and make a sammich.:encouragement:

C&CDean
2/14/2013, 10:39 AM
Did anybody else think ice skater? So this is the dude with no legs huh? Wonder what his nickname is gonna be in prison. Stumpy?

nighttrain12
2/14/2013, 04:11 PM
His defense team won't have a leg to stand on.

C&CDean
2/14/2013, 04:16 PM
He's gonna be a spinner.

badger
2/14/2013, 04:32 PM
In the really bad timing department... (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/blade-runner-nike-ad-nixed-article-1.1264274)
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1264273.1360866269!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/oscarnike15s-1-web.jpg
The campaign is gone now

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 04:53 PM
Pistorious bragged on Twitter back in 2011 that he had over a 96 percent headshot rate from over 300 meters at the firing range with his rifle, so he was certainly ready for the big moment on Valentine's Day when he blew away his girlfriend with a headshot and other direct hits. This is a perfect example of how practice makes perfect!

C&CDean
2/14/2013, 07:01 PM
Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

picasso
2/14/2013, 09:03 PM
Steroids.

hawaii 5-0
2/14/2013, 09:06 PM
Self defense.

She attacked him with a Mountain Dew and a bag of Skittles.

5-0

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 10:17 PM
Self defense.

5-0

Must be, since the Twinkie defense is no longer possible. This is going to be interesting because Pistorius is a beloved national hero and superstar and the only witness to the shooting was the victim and he is certainly going to claim something like he thought she was an intruder, and he had been quoted in the press saying he had a number of guns in his house and had previously pulled them during false alarms. Plus, SA is a very high crime, high home invasion nation, so like I said, it will be an interesting criminal case. Don't be shocked if he walks. Oops.

lexsooner
2/14/2013, 10:18 PM
Self defense.

5-0

Must be, since the Twinkie defense is no longer possible. This is going to be interesting because Pistorius is a beloved national hero and superstar and the only witness to the shooting was the victim and he is certainly going to claim something like he thought she was an intruder, and he had been quoted in the press saying he had a number of guns in his house and had previously pulled them during false alarms. Plus, SA is a very high crime, high home invasion nation, so like I said, it will be an interesting criminal case. Don't be shocked if he walks. Oops.

badger
2/15/2013, 09:22 AM
He will have a good attorney and unlike OJ, the majority of the country's public opinion (South Africa, not here) on his side as a national Olympic hero.

Methinks that the glove will not fit

KantoSooner
2/15/2013, 09:31 AM
Let me go on record as saying that blowing away any woman as beautiful as that, well, you're going to have to prove to me that she had you in the cross hairs of something bigger than a .38 (any real man would simply take a couple rounds from a .38 for her) to make it justified.
Anything else is a violation of global esthetics laws, if nothing else.

Yes, there ARE special rules for beautiful women. You knew it all along. Get used to it.

lexsooner
2/15/2013, 05:37 PM
Well, more details are coming out and they are not helpful to Pistorius's defense. Cops were called the house around midnight after neighbors heard loud arguing. They were called again at three a.m. after shots were heard. Pistorious apparently shot her through the bathroom door and she was hit four times. Yes, some stranger was using my bathroom and surprised me by flushing the toilet, so better safe than sorry. So much for the imperfect self-defense strategy of mistaken identity.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/15/2013, 05:53 PM
Must be, since the Twinkie defense is no longer possible. This is going to be interesting because Pistorius is a beloved national hero and superstar and the only witness to the shooting was the victim and he is certainly going to claim something like he thought she was an intruder, and he had been quoted in the press saying he had a number of guns in his house and had previously pulled them during false alarms. Plus, SA is a very high crime, high home invasion nation, so like I said, it will be an interesting criminal case. Don't be shocked if he walks. Oops.Guessing that in the future it will be a little harder for him to get lai*.

KantoSooner
2/15/2013, 06:04 PM
Not at all! He'll have multiple partners where almost as soon as he gets to the big house.

lexsooner
2/15/2013, 06:21 PM
I actually see him as being held in high esteem in prison. The boy is a national hero, so he may have his own posse, gang or "car." No, they not all be legless.

sappstuf
2/16/2013, 06:54 AM
Not at all! He'll have multiple partners where almost as soon as he gets to the big house.

Grab your ankles... Oh right.