PDA

View Full Version : Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium is ranked lower than Boone Pickens Stadium...

bmjlr
2/13/2013, 05:49 PM
According to StadiumJourney.com's list, OSU's stadium experience was listed as the 48th best stadium, and OU's as the 73rd best? Really? How much did Boone pay them??????

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2013/02/13/oklahoma-receives-low-ranking-on-stadiumjourney-coms-college-football-stadium-experience-rankings/

Sabanball
2/13/2013, 06:01 PM
At least they got no. 1 right....:courage:

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 06:03 PM
Well, it DOES have neato cowboy silouettes on the gates.
AND
If you drive just two lights east, then turn right, go three blocks, then turn right again, go one block and fight for parking, you are at THE WORLD FAMOUS ESKIMO JOE'S.

And, really, what could possibly be better than that.

Oh, and they also have a really keen-o fast food strip about another two miles east from that. Like if you want fine dining.

stoopified
2/13/2013, 06:21 PM
Aggie time gazette rankings ?

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 06:30 PM
I've never heard of StadiumJourney.com or whatever the hell it is.

Stadium rankings are dumb, unless they are talking about how updated or fan friendly a stadium is, it's all a matter of opinion.

Would any Sooner fan here rank Memorial Stadium below the #1 spot? I wouldn't.

yankee
2/14/2013, 09:06 PM
Would any Sooner fan here rank Memorial Stadium below the #1 spot?

Yes.

EatLeadCommie
2/14/2013, 10:33 PM
Wow. That's worse than a Bleacher Report list. In no universe is OU that low on the totem pole in terms of football stadium experience.

BoomerJ
2/14/2013, 11:38 PM
Anyone who puts Marshal, Memphis, or Toledo and the like above a game day experience in Norman is on the crank.

8timechamps
2/14/2013, 11:44 PM
Yes.

On gameday, you would rank a stadium above Memorial stadium? Not me. There's not another stadium I would prefer to be in on a gameday.

EatLeadCommie
2/15/2013, 12:03 AM
Anyone who puts Marshal, Memphis, or Toledo and the like above a game day experience in Norman is on the crank.

Marshall I could understand considering that it's a bunch of WV hillbillies and probably quite entertaining.

Wake Forest is ahead of OU and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that it has nothing on OU. The stadium is not on campus, rarely sells out, and usually draws more opposing fans. It's a nice stadium after the renovations, but nowhere close to the overall experience. Tailgating is the best part of the experience there.

oudanny
2/15/2013, 09:27 AM
As long as we keep winning I don't care where some rag ranks us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but winning is the key.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2013, 09:38 AM
Worst. List. Ever.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2013, 09:40 AM
We and Houston are ranked above OU. That is truly a load of ****.

That list has no legitimacy whatsoever.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2013, 09:43 AM
I've never heard of StadiumJourney.com or whatever the hell it is.

Stadium rankings are dumb, unless they are talking about how updated or fan friendly a stadium is, it's all a matter of opinion.

Would any Sooner fan here rank Memorial Stadium below the #1 spot? I wouldn't.
No way is OU anywhere outside of the top 15 and probably not outside of the top 10.

Fraggle145
2/15/2013, 09:52 AM
The fact that Notre dame is number #2 is a ****ing joke. No TV in the stadium, Splintered wood seats, etc, etc, etc... But, but, but, its tradition!!!

olevetonahill
2/15/2013, 09:55 AM
That list wouldnt even make good toilet paper.

Ruf/Nek7
2/15/2013, 10:19 AM
I want to know the criteria for the rankings. I know they list some things in the article but do they pick one game and then call it as is? So if these asswipes show up during the OU/florida a&m game and ranked it compared to bama/a&m well then that is skewed as hell and that crap is rigged. Either way, i dont give a damn. BOOMER

OkieThunderLion
2/15/2013, 01:28 PM
Fan experience better at Baylor than OU? LOL!

72nd Miami
73rd OU
74th UT San Antonio

Nice f'ing list.

MichiganSooner
2/15/2013, 05:13 PM
At Baylor, you can sit where you want if you are 5 minutes early. That's a pretty good experience to some.

OUmillenium
2/17/2013, 04:17 PM
Who cares. Win football games. Stadium experience? Loserville