PDA

View Full Version : Don't Call Me Illegal!

Wishboned
2/13/2013, 03:58 PM
You broke laws to enter this country. You are breaking laws by staying in this country. You are illegal. IDGAS if you are insulted. If your feelings are hurt so bad then peddle your *** back south.

Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.

“When you inaccurately call me illegal, you not only dehumanize me, you’re offending them,” he said. “No human being is illegal.”

Mr. Vargas testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee alongside Chris Crane — a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent and president of the ICE agents’ union — who is unable to arrest him under the administration’s new non-deportation policies.

Mr. Vargas, who “came out” as an illegal immigrant several years ago, delivered an emotional plea for the country to legalize him.

“What do you want to do with us?” he asked the committee.

Last week, a top House Democrat also warned colleagues against using the term “illegal immigrants.”

“Our citizens are not — the people in this country are not illegal. They are are out of status. They are new Americans that are immigrants,” Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat, told colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee.

Many immigrant-rights advocates object to the terms “illegal” and “alien,” saying that people cannot be deemed illegal, and that the word “alien” makes them sound inhuman. They argue the better terms are “undocumented migrants.”

Many newspapers, including The Washington Times, use the phrase “illegal immigrant,” deeming it the most accurate description.

Mr. Vargas called himself an “undocumented immigrant.”

He is one of a number of illegal immigrants who have come out of the shadows to argue their case for legalization.

He came to the U.S. to live with his grandfather, who was a naturalized citizen, but Mr. Vargas was never legal himself — a fact he found out when he went to get a driver’s license at age 16.

He said he became a reporter to try to validate his presence in the U.S.

At least five other formerly illegal immigrants were scheduled to be guests at Tuesday’s State of the Union address, though each of those has been granted specific tentative legal status through one of the Homeland Security Department’s programs.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/13/illegal-immigrant-tells-congress-not-call-him-ille/

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 04:09 PM
I love this game , Ya got to be fast tho or they over run ya.:encouragement:

http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-games/Border-Patrol-Flash-Game.htm

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 04:11 PM

okie52
2/13/2013, 04:13 PM
So the guy "came out" as an illegal...does that mean he's a **********, too?

SoonerorLater
2/13/2013, 04:13 PM
I think the term to describe Mr Vargas is audacity. I'm here illegally but how dare you mention it.

Of course he's an undocumented immigrant because he's here illegally. What other country in the world allows unfettered immigration? Too many people in this country as is.

okie52
2/13/2013, 04:14 PM

I loved this game too. I need me an automatic weapon if they don't get banned.

juan said he wouldn't play your games.

okie52
2/13/2013, 04:16 PM
I think the term to describe Mr Vargas is audacity. I'm here illegally but how dare you mention it.

Of course he's an undocumented immigrant because he's here illegally. What other country in the world allows unfettered immigration? Too many people in this country as is.

And he was a reporter....ha ha...truth in journalism.

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 04:19 PM
good grief...this is ridiculous..

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 04:21 PM
Heh, He dont jaunta shoot his kin :stupid:

okie52
2/13/2013, 04:27 PM
Heh, He dont jaunta shoot his kin :stupid:

The game could have lasting psychological damage for him...although the kids in his classes would get a bang out of it.

rock on sooner
2/13/2013, 04:29 PM
Welp, if does take a LOT of brass to tell a Congressional committee
what they can and can't say. I'd say he's pushin' it to the max...

SanJoaquinSooner
2/13/2013, 04:35 PM
I think we covered this last week.

They should be called Modern Day Sooners.

http://greatplainspc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Oklahoma_Land_Rush.png

okie52
2/13/2013, 04:47 PM
I think we covered this last week.

They should be called Modern Day Sooners.

http://greatplainspc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Oklahoma_Land_Rush.png

Well shore there juan...after all the 89ers weren't citizens of the US. But I'd sure be glad to give Cali back to Mexico if they promised to take all of the illegals with them...They deserve each other.

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 04:58 PM
This country is turning into one giant weeping vagina.

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 05:02 PM
These people neeed to calm TF down.
When I lived outside this country, each and every country in which I lived required that I carry, on my person, either my passport or my 'Alien Registration Card' (referred to as one's 'AR'). The process for getting an 'AR' was similar to a security clearance. A minor background check (any felonies? Sex crimes? drug crimes? simple stuff). Fingerprinting eyeball scan and as I recall an HIV and tuberculosis screening.
All of which I considered to more than legit. I was not a citizen of their country, they have every right to check me out before letting me stay there.
and I was officially called a 'foreigner' in all legal dealings.
If you don't like that either immigrate legally or stay home.

And, hell, I'm in favor of some process of getting these people right with the law; but until they are, they're 'illegal' and there isn't an ounce of perjorative in that label. It simply 'is'.

stoopified
2/13/2013, 07:06 PM
Reminds me of the protests the illegals held IN THE USA while carrying Mexican flags. You don't like our laws or the way we do things,get the fucq out.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/13/2013, 07:28 PM
Well shore there juan...after all the 89ers weren't citizens of the US. But I'd sure be glad to give Cali back to Mexico if they promised to take all of the illegals with them...They deserve each other.

Now Okie, tell me you're $hitin me... those who snuck across the line early before the official starting time for the land rush didn't have to show birth certificates or drivers licenses to anyone.

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 07:33 PM
Now Okie, tell me you're $hitin me... those who snuck across the line early before the official starting time for the land rush didn't have to show birth certificates or drivers licenses to anyone.

Keep stretchin jaun , keep stretchin.

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 07:34 PM

SanJoaquinSooner
2/13/2013, 08:26 PM

Well, in any case, they were unlawfully present.

okie52
2/13/2013, 09:36 PM

Showing a drivers license in 1889 would have been a good trick but their horses often had papers...maybe that would work for illegals...some type of papers to identify the different "breeds" of illegals that are invading the US. Maybe some stables to house them in California.

okie52
2/13/2013, 09:39 PM
Well, in any case, they were unlawfully present.

Chris dorner was illegally present at a cabin in big bear.

cleller
2/13/2013, 09:56 PM
If they don't want to be called illegal, why don't we just call them whatever they are? For instance: Mexican, Canadian? Honesty being the best policy.

No worse than American or gringo.

FaninAma
2/13/2013, 09:58 PM
They have antibiotics for that.

soonercruiser
2/13/2013, 10:54 PM

SEXIST!

Sooner98
2/13/2013, 11:02 PM
When I lived outside this country, each and every country in which I lived required that I carry, on my person, either my passport or my 'Alien Registration Card' (referred to as one's 'AR'). The process for getting an 'AR' was similar to a security clearance. A minor background check (any felonies? Sex crimes? drug crimes? simple stuff). Fingerprinting eyeball scan and as I recall an HIV and tuberculosis screening.
All of which I considered to more than legit. I was not a citizen of their country, they have every right to check me out before letting me stay there.

And, hell, I'm in favor of some process of getting these people right with the law; but until they are, they're 'illegal' and there isn't an ounce of perjorative in that label. It simply 'is'.

How dare they require the proper documentation from you. What a bunch of bigoted racists they were.

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 11:07 PM
They have antibiotics for that.

Can we get some stat!?

SCOUT
2/14/2013, 01:30 AM

Kanto,
I think you provide a complete and unbiased opinion as to what should be expected from "foreigners." I would ask those who oppose this type of approach in this country, if they feel the government's of those other countries are oppressive.

KantoSooner
2/14/2013, 11:17 AM
FYI, those governments were:

Japan
Malaysia
Philippines
Australia
Singapore

All of them have 'visa waivers' for tourists from the USA. We only have reciprocal rights for Japan, Australia and, I think, Singapore. For the others, I always had to write up some long song and dance letter to the US embassy explaining why my employees needed to go visit the mother ship for training or whatever. I finally just created form letters and the consulate seemed fine with that.
So, you can go to most countries for tourism without hassle if you're an American. But, if you want to live there, and more, if you want to work there, (the case of living without work would be, for instance if you wanted to go back to your spouse's home country for retirement) you need a resident or working visa. In none of these countries is the documentation too onerous and in all, you get a decision in 4-6 weeks, max.
Our southern border situation is not that difficult to solve.

BigTip
2/14/2013, 01:58 PM
Chris dorner was illegally present at a cabin in big bear.

He was wanted for shooting at unauthorized targets.

okie52
2/14/2013, 02:08 PM
He was wanted for shooting at unauthorized targets.

Dorner should have just played Olevet's game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/14/2013, 02:43 PM
You broke laws to enter this country. You are breaking laws by staying in this country. You are illegal. IDGAS if you are insulted. If your feelings are hurt so bad then peddle your *** back south.

Well said, complete and concise. Thread fini.

8timechamps
2/14/2013, 08:30 PM
I want to make sure I'm getting this right, the senate took time to listen to this guy complain about being called "illegal"?

FaninAma
2/14/2013, 08:48 PM
I want to make sure I'm getting this right, the senate took time to listen to this guy complain about being called "illegal"?
The guy is an idiot. He is given a great opportunity to express his view in an intelligent, persuasive manner in front of Congress and instead he uses it to act like a petulant, demanding teenager.

soonercruiser
2/14/2013, 10:33 PM
Just like all the other idiots (of both parties) in Congress.
I'll bet some on them even talk to themselves in the mirror...like Jesse Jackson, Jr.
:very_drunk: