PDA

View Full Version : The fans aren't crazy!!!!

LakeRat
2/13/2013, 11:02 AM
This whole time that people on this board have been screaming about the direction of the team, we weren't wrong.

With Stoops cleaning house, it has become apparent that he agrees with us. The team had slipped and now he is making swift and dramatic changes.

I like it.

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 11:03 AM
Sometimes insecurity is a good motivator. We'll see how Bob can manage that vibe. Saban does it extremely well, but he's a very different personality than Bob.

badger
2/13/2013, 11:15 AM
Nah, I think the crazy fans (especially the crazy fans with crazy amounts of money that pay for crazy high coaches salaries and crazy expensive facilities) had an impact.

I mean, if we were buying co-big 12 championship shirts and "we made it to the cotton bowl" memorabilia en masse, then maybe changes wouldn't have been demanded.

I know the t-shirts exist. I saw them at a Tulsa Walmart. I'm sure there's Cotton Bowl crap out there too, but it's probably discounted so deeply that they've just thrown it in the trash by now outside the OU campus bookstore

Curly Bill
2/13/2013, 11:29 AM
Bout time Bob started listening to me!

Ruf/Nek7
2/13/2013, 12:00 PM
Nah, I think the crazy fans (especially the crazy fans with crazy amounts of money that pay for crazy high coaches salaries and crazy expensive facilities) had an impact.

I mean, if we were buying co-big 12 championship shirts and "we made it to the cotton bowl" memorabilia en masse, then maybe changes wouldn't have been demanded.

I know the t-shirts exist. I saw them at a Tulsa Walmart. I'm sure there's Cotton Bowl crap out there too, but it's probably discounted so deeply that they've just thrown it in the trash by now outside the OU campus bookstore

They send those to Africa.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/13/2013, 12:19 PM
both sides of the fan base are wrong..those that didn't feel a need to change staff and those that thought Bob wouldn't do it..So i would not celebrate being right.

I was in both camps at different times, so I'm wrong about a lot.

C&CDean
2/13/2013, 01:55 PM
Meh. Who's head will you cretins be screaming for when we suck again next year? Some of y'all ain't worthy of being OU fans.

PalmBeachSooner
2/13/2013, 02:02 PM
Meh. Who's head will you cretins be screaming for when we suck again next year? Some of y'all ain't worthy of being OU fans.

Heupel of course.

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 02:49 PM
They send those to Africa.

Yes, After UT lost to Bama, I was in the Southern Philippines on a work project and a bunch of street urchins were running around in little other than threadbare Texas National Champion! T-shirts. I took a couple of pictures but then felt bad about making a joke with a bunch of peniless orphans as the models, so I deleted the pictures.

badger
2/13/2013, 02:58 PM
Yes, After UT lost to Bama, I was in the Southern Philippines on a work project and a bunch of street urchins were running around in little other than threadbare Texas National Champion! T-shirts. I took a couple of pictures but then felt bad about making a joke with a bunch of peniless orphans as the models, so I deleted the pictures.

Good on you for realizing the Internet is forever, even if they are still recycling every image out there of OU fans crying every chance they can. I imagine that the image would have lived on forever had you not deleted it

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 03:03 PM
All of this change means nothing, as people will find their next target the first time OU struggles or loses a game.

That's why I really don't give a **** who the assistants are under Stoops. I trust he knows more about the program (and what will work) than I do, and I'm also sure he doesn't give a **** what I think.

To me, OU football is like boobies. I'm not too picky about what they look like, I just love 'em!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2013, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=badger;3588226
... I'm sure there's Cotton Bowl crap out there too, but it's probably discounted so deeply that they've just thrown it in the trash by now outside the OU campus bookstore

Getting totally torched by johnnyHymen would tend to create that situation

OkieThunderLion
2/13/2013, 03:16 PM
Bob is looking a little Mack Brown-ish in this whole ordeal, to me.

Very few firings for over a decade, then going overboard when pressure comes from above.

Did they really weed out the problem, or is the problem really at the top (or coordinators)? Just a thought to consider.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/13/2013, 03:31 PM
OTL is on fire today..

badger
2/13/2013, 03:37 PM

Very few firings for over a decade, then going overboard when pressure comes from above.

Did they really weed out the problem, or is the problem really at the top (or coordinators)? Just a thought to consider.

The situations aren't too comparable... Texas has the richest athletic department in the country yet produced a 5-7 season after making the national title game the season before, whereas Oklahoma has yet to have a losing season under Stoops.

On the other hand, Oklahoma is not as rich of a state population-wise and money wise, nor is OU as a university as rich money-wise or student population-wise as Texas. OU and the state rely on college athletics for a lot, whether its boosting the local economy during big games, or bringing positive PR to our fair state.

badger
2/13/2013, 03:38 PM

The situations aren't too comparable... Texas has the richest athletic department in the country yet produced a 5-7 season after making the national title game the season before, whereas Oklahoma has yet to have a losing season under Stoops.

On the other hand, Oklahoma is not as rich of a state population-wise and money wise, nor is OU as a university as rich money-wise or student population-wise as Texas. OU and the state rely on college athletics for a lot, whether its boosting the local economy during big games, or bringing positive PR to our fair state.

Curly Bill
2/13/2013, 04:00 PM

Crazy how some of us forget we can't be "real fans" if we don't march in lockstep with Bob and the real fans while chugging down that good ol Kool Aid.

Is this where I say: meh ??

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 04:39 PM

Also, Texas and Brown got rid of two coordinators. That's a pretty major change. Teams get rid of assistants all the time, and while it isn't considered nearly as big a change, the results sometimes say different.

cherokeebrewer
2/13/2013, 05:33 PM
Regardless of the changes, make no mistake about it, the fans are still crazy...

badger
2/13/2013, 05:35 PM
Regardless of the changes, make no mistake about it, the fans are still crazy...

Rabble rabble (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?135340-The-Season-Thus-Far-In-Pictures) ;)

aurorasooner
2/13/2013, 06:11 PM
Makes me wonder if Heupel will be back in the booth calling plays next season, or if he will be on the sideline with the new qbs. I know we've had some issues with run blocking and our run play design sucks, but he also has some issues with getting a play called in a timely manner and then going into a play-calling funk resulting in 3 and outs when that was the last thing we needed, along with him not exactly being an Einstein with his red-zone play calling. A quality OL and running game would've cured all that, but it's going to get real interesting next year if we have the same issues on both sides of the ball with new assistants but the same coordinators (and don't show any improvement as the year progresses).
The recruiting issues that we've had in the last several years are probably as much Boren's fault than any of the s*&^ canned assistants. (although I do believe that OU was crawfished by the PAC-12 and especially by CU) We should've gotten out of the Big 12 (and away from the whorns) when we had the chance, with or w/o that Austin bunch and/or Stool State.....and recruiting the 5 star-types is probably not going to get a whole lot better in the next several years since we're now stuck in this watered-down league.
The old Big-12 was a damn good league with the perfect time-zone for TV. It's really too bad that the Big 12 University Prezs couldn't get Texas to play fair and join in with the other schools with a whole conference tv network.

2/13/2013, 06:18 PM
Makes me wonder if Heupel will be back in the booth calling plays next season, or if he will be on the sideline with the new qbs. I know we've had some issues with run blocking and our run play design sucks, but he also has some issues with getting a play called in a timely manner and then going into a play-calling funk resulting in 3 and outs when that was the last thing we needed, along with him not exactly being an Einstein with his red-zone play calling. A quality OL and running game would've cured all that, but it's going to get real interesting next year if we have the same issues on both sides of the ball with new assistants but the same coordinators (and don't show any improvement as the year progresses).
The recruiting issues that we've had in the last several years are probably as much Boren's fault than any of the s*&^ canned assistants. (although I do believe that OU was crawfished by the PAC-12 and especially by CU) We should've gotten out of the Big 12 (and away from the whorns) when we had the chance, with or w/o that Austin bunch and/or Stool State.....and recruiting the 5 star-types is probably not going to get a whole lot better in the next several years since we're now stuck in this watered-down league.
The old Big-12 was a damn good league with the perfect time-zone for TV. It's really too bad that the Big 12 University Prezs couldn't get Texas to play fair and join in with the other schools with a whole conference tv network.Maybe they fancy themselves as the domers of the south, with a built-in, in-state recruiting mechanism?!

Scott D
2/13/2013, 06:34 PM

I'd start calling for one now, but since I prefer to say fire the new guy before the season has even started. I've decided that's old hat, and no longer call for anyone to be fired. Especially now that Britt is gone.

boomersooner28
2/13/2013, 06:35 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!!

picasso
2/13/2013, 06:36 PM
Stupid maybe.

OU_Sooners75
2/13/2013, 08:00 PM

Kish
Schmidt

But that said, because some fans aren't happy with the direction of the program, they arent worth being fans?

Okay dean.

ashley
2/15/2013, 08:28 PM
Yes, the fans are crazy. Just listen in the stands.

hvhurricane
2/16/2013, 06:03 PM
The real story will be whether or not he brings in some fresh faces, with new ideas, or just some more yes men.

C&CDean
2/17/2013, 09:54 AM
Crazy how some of us forget we can't be "real fans" if we don't march in lockstep with Bob and the real fans while chugging down that good ol Kool Aid.

Is this where I say: meh ??

Nah, you say meh when you take my pecker outta your face.

Sometimes you're one ignorant **** CB. This would be one of those times. "lock step. goose step. drinking the koolaid." Does it get old?

You and some other dillweeds are spewing jizz cause Bob fired some coaches. You think it's "the answer." You will be whining like a bitch again when we lose a game and want somebody elses head - maybe even Stoops. That's how y'all roll. You suck as fans.

C&CDean
2/17/2013, 10:00 AM
Kish
Schmidt

But that said, because some fans aren't happy with the direction of the program, they arent worth being fans?

Okay dean.

Judas H Priest dude. Why do you guys go there? "some fans ain't happy?" No ****? I don't know any fan of OU football who is "happy" right now. WTF is wrong with you guys? My only beef is with those who automatically blame the coaches for everything, and then think Stoops is actually listening to fans when he makes some changes. He DGAS about what you/I think.

I've been very clear on what I think the problem/s are. We've got coaches who are good enough to win. We've got players who are good enough to win. The X factor is the attitude/desire/work ethic of the players, and maybe even the coaches for allowing them to be the way they've been. We've obviously done a poor job of recruiting quality PEOPLE, and for that I can blame the coaches as well. However, when it's all said and done, coaches don't make tackles, throw passes, catch passes, etc. No matter how badly a coach wants to win it's not gonna happen unless the players GAS about it. Our players haven't. It's as obvious as the nose on your face.

olevetonahill
2/17/2013, 10:03 AM
I aint Crazy(well that could be open for debate) I dont want anyone fired, I dont want anyone benched.
But By Gawd I do want #8 this year

SoonerKnight
2/17/2013, 10:33 AM
I aint Crazy(well that could be open for debate) I dont want anyone fired, I dont want anyone benched.
But By Gawd I do want #8 this year

I want number 8 too. I also want to beat ND. As for coaches sometimes they can get in a rut. The players pick up on that. Coaches make a big difference. The ND coaches had those kids believing.

2/17/2013, 10:39 AM
(My vote for)) Big Picture Football Dominance: Top 11 programs
bamers
domers
usucers
Sooners
bucksnorts
bugeaters
U
meatchickens
cows
FU
tigahbaits

the wannabes

Curly Bill
2/17/2013, 12:35 PM
Nah, you say meh when you take my pecker outta your face.

Sometimes you're one ignorant **** CB. This would be one of those times. "lock step. goose step. drinking the koolaid." Does it get old?

You and some other dillweeds are spewing jizz cause Bob fired some coaches. You think it's "the answer." You will be whining like a bitch again when we lose a game and want somebody elses head - maybe even Stoops. That's how y'all roll. You suck as fans.

You're trying too hard. Sometimes you're pretty funny - this is not one of those times. It'd be better if you'd just let it flow and not force the issue me thinks.

I've said very little about Bob firing any coaches. Did it need to be done? Yep, sure did. Do I have any faith he's gonna get it right? Naw, not much, so unlike you said: I have not been spewing jizz over this, but nice try. Like I said: Don't try so hard in the future, you won't look so foolish.

You're welcome.

C&CDean
2/17/2013, 12:49 PM
Did somebody say something? Didn't think so.

Curly Bill
2/17/2013, 12:52 PM
:)

Widescreen
2/17/2013, 01:09 PM
Some of y'all ain't worthy of being OU fans.

Everybody be sure to send Dean your applications to see if you can remain an OU fan.

Curly Bill
2/17/2013, 01:14 PM
Everybody be sure to send Dean your applications to see if you can remain an OU fan.

Haha, snicker, snicker....:tongue:

budbarrybob
2/17/2013, 03:59 PM
To me, OU football is like boobies. I'm not too picky about what they look like, I just love 'em!

I'm playing my bull_hit card on that right there.

budbarrybob
2/17/2013, 04:05 PM
Kish
Schmidt

Okay dean.

We're not fans... we're Cretins. Pay 'Tention!!!21112!!!!

C&CDean
2/17/2013, 06:13 PM
We're not fans... we're Cretins. Pay 'Tention!!!21112!!!!

****in' A!!1!

Pink shirt wearing to home games, coach cussin', player bashing, no standing and leaving your POS hat on for the National Anthem cretins. You know who you are. We read your tripe in every home game thread and every "fire coach xxxxxx" thread. If the pink shirt fits, wear it mother****ers.

8timechamps
2/17/2013, 06:25 PM
I'm playing my bull_hit card on that right there.

Which part? I do like boobies, and I'm not too picky...

8timechamps
2/17/2013, 06:26 PM
Judas H Priest dude. Why do you guys go there? "some fans ain't happy?" No ****? I don't know any fan of OU football who is "happy" right now. WTF is wrong with you guys? My only beef is with those who automatically blame the coaches for everything, and then think Stoops is actually listening to fans when he makes some changes. He DGAS about what you/I think.

I've been very clear on what I think the problem/s are. We've got coaches who are good enough to win. We've got players who are good enough to win. The X factor is the attitude/desire/work ethic of the players, and maybe even the coaches for allowing them to be the way they've been. We've obviously done a poor job of recruiting quality PEOPLE, and for that I can blame the coaches as well. However, when it's all said and done, coaches don't make tackles, throw passes, catch passes, etc. No matter how badly a coach wants to win it's not gonna happen unless the players GAS about it. Our players haven't. It's as obvious as the nose on your face.

Let's face it, I'm not sure OU fans are ever happy. Even the last title OU won, there were folks on this very board finding things to bitch about.

C&CDean
2/17/2013, 06:31 PM
Let's face it, I'm not sure OU fans are ever happy. Even the last title OU won, there were folks on this very board finding things to bitch about.

I remember some bitching about what a ***** POS Heupel was because he allowed his elbow to swell the size of a bowling ball and how ATM and OSU damn near beat us. Hell, some even bitched because Toby Keith sang at the celebration party.

budbarrybob
2/17/2013, 06:38 PM
Which part? I do like boobies, and I'm not too picky...

Oh, I don't doubt u like them. I just HAVE to believe that you would have a strong preference for the "perky" variety as opposed to the flat tire "waist hugger" variety even when it comes to viewing.

olevetonahill
2/17/2013, 06:38 PM
The Only 2 things Ima goin bitch about is the Lack of TailGates and the lack of #8

Anyone bitchin about anything else is Just plum stupid.

olevetonahill
2/17/2013, 06:40 PM
Oh, I don't doubt u like them. I just HAVE to believe that you would have a strong preference for the "perky" variety as opposed to the flat tire "waist hugger" variety even when it comes to viewing.

He dint say he aint got any Preferences about em, he said He Liked em ALL. Hell fer that matter so do I.

8timechamps
2/17/2013, 06:46 PM
I remember some bitching about what a ***** POS Heupel was because he allowed his elbow to swell the size of a bowling ball and how ATM and OSU damn near beat us. Hell, some even bitched because Toby Keith sang at the celebration party.

That's exactly what I remembered. What a bunch of asshats.

8timechamps
2/17/2013, 06:47 PM

Well, there are certainly limitations. Even a really good milkshake eventually melts.

Seamus
2/17/2013, 10:17 PM
the flat tire "waist hugger" variety.

Evinrudes still work in them waters ...

birddog
2/21/2013, 03:19 PM
I'm just tired of the guy in the south ez that looks like Patrick swayze that yells at bob to watch for the fake and other suggestions that Stoops can't hear but everyone in a 50 ft radius has to deal with. U know who u r.

JLEW1818
2/21/2013, 08:51 PM
Kill the pistol.

swardboy
2/21/2013, 09:51 PM
We need more cowbell...

2/22/2013, 12:00 PM
We need more cowbell...All we need is to bring back Lil Red. Well, not all. Maybe we could change our name to "Sooners & Kiowas", or the PC Sooners & Kiowas could call ourselves the Prematures & Natives(or Aboriginals). Maybe the Howdhegetheres & Natives?!

SouthFortySooner
2/22/2013, 04:21 PM
All of this change means nothing, as people will find their next target the first time OU struggles or loses a game.

That's why I really don't give a **** who the assistants are under Stoops. I trust he knows more about the program (and what will work) than I do, and I'm also sure he doesn't give a **** what I think.

Never have I agreed with a post more.

8timechamps
2/23/2013, 08:58 PM
Never have I agreed with a post more.

Boobies.

SouthFortySooner
2/25/2013, 10:18 PM
Boobies.

Never have I agreed with a post more!

thecrimsoncrusader
3/1/2013, 07:35 AM

You're next!!!