PDA

View Full Version : The New Hires are going to be?

cleller
2/13/2013, 09:06 AM
With all the turnover, its getting tough to keep up with the names being thrown in for new coaches.

If anyone has info on which coach at may be at what position, could you post it here?

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 09:24 AM
Oline is the WV oline guy...
Badenbaugh, 40, has been the Mountaineers’ offensive line coach the past two seasons. Prior to his stint at West Virginia, he coached for OU defensive coordinator Mike Stoops at Arizona between 2007-10. He was the offensive line coach for all four seasons and added co-offensive coordinator duties to his title in 2010.

My question is recruits...honestly if I was the oline recruit and was not told this was going to happen, in fact on here 8times said there would be changes AFTER NSD I would be pissed and felt like I was lied to. There was a blip on another site, pay, that had that thought. Can or will any oline signed recruit change? I understand you sign with the school and the rest of the staff is in tacked...well kind of...but you'll spend a lot of time with your positions coach.

I'd probably say count Johnson out...“OU fired Coach Shipp,” Johnson said via Twitter Tuesday afternoon. “I loved that guy he was like a father figure to me. That’s the worst thing y’all could've done rite now.”

Ruf/Nek7
2/13/2013, 09:46 AM
I just hope that these fires bring nothing but good to this program. texass did the same thing 2-3 years ago and look how that has helped them.

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 09:56 AM
There is never a painless time to make management changes in any organization. Can't do it during the season. Wouldn't want to during spring ball. Or summer/fall practice. Between bowl game and signing day? Not a good idea.
So when? Never a good time. I think you just do it and live through the consequences and do the best you can.
If some 18 year old (Toby) wants to, from the heights of his wisdom, decide against you because of such a decision, well, we'll just have to live without his wonderfulness.
Vaya con Dios, amigo. Hasta la vista.

badger
2/13/2013, 10:05 AM
I'd probably say count Johnson out...“OU fired Coach Shipp,” Johnson said via Twitter Tuesday afternoon. “I loved that guy he was like a father figure to me. That’s the worst thing y’all could've done rite now.”
Stoops has been ousting scholarship players (even if publicly they "transferred" heh) for years and he finally holds the coaches to the same level of accountability. I am not surprised that the players are sad, but did they ever raise this much of a fuss when their teammates got their scholarships revoked via a "transfer?"

Johnny Utah
2/13/2013, 11:05 AM
Vaya con Dios.

Hey that's my line :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpmp6HYAnk0

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 11:06 AM
I heard that Kittle was going to move over to some new 'recruiting' office. Something that will be allowed by the NCAA in the near future. So that would be sort of a lateral move thing. Anyone else have details on that?

BoomerJ
2/13/2013, 12:26 PM
There is never a painless time to make management changes in any organization. Can't do it during the season. Wouldn't want to during spring ball. Or summer/fall practice. Between bowl game and signing day? Not a good idea.
So when? Never a good time. I think you just do it and live through the consequences and do the best you can.
If some 18 year old (Toby) wants to, from the heights of his wisdom, decide against you because of such a decision, well, we'll just have to live without his wonderfulness.
Vaya con Dios, amigo. Hasta la vista.

Well said. And Toby wasn't coming here anyway.

OkieThunderLion
2/13/2013, 12:57 PM
I heard that Kittle was going to move over to some new 'recruiting' office. Something that will be allowed by the NCAA in the near future. So that would be sort of a lateral move thing. Anyone else have details on that?

I find that strange because it appeared that recruiting was the weakest part of his game. I thought his tackles have played great the last 2 years. Strongest part of the OL.

thecrimsoncrusader
2/13/2013, 01:20 PM
My question is recruits...honestly if I was the oline recruit and was not told this was going to happen, in fact on here 8times said there would be changes AFTER NSD I would be pissed and felt like I was lied to.

They have to join the real world at some point and 18 year's old "isn't too young" to face those facts. The sooner they realize that life isn't fair or unfair and that's just he way things are, the better they can handle adversity throughout their life. Don't commit to a coach, commit to the university where you plan on getting an education and playing ball. If you ever commit to a coach, there is a chance you will get disappointed at some point in your career.

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 02:03 PM
I understand about johnson and his "knowledge", just mentioning it because several posters wanted him here.

CC...I said that they commit to the SCHOOL not the coach, but I would still feel like the rug was pulled out from under my son's feet, but I also would have made sure he understood he was committing to the school.

Jut thoughts....wasn't proposing anything deeper than that.

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 03:23 PM

Yep, that's the word. He's going to be in the 'personnel' department. Under the new NCAA rules, everyone will have one. It doesn't mean he will be recruiting kids on his own, just means he'll be in the process somewhere.

As for the openings, Bedenbaugh is the guy for the OL, but details are still being worked out (so it's not official, obviously).

No word on the other positions.

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 03:24 PM
I find that strange because it appeared that recruiting was the weakest part of his game. I thought his tackles have played great the last 2 years. Strongest part of the OL.

Don't think of it as Kittle being the lead guy in recruiting. He'll be more of a contact person.

KantoSooner
2/13/2013, 03:28 PM
I heard he once worked as a phone sex operator. They figure he's got that smooth voice, use it!

Salt City Sooner
2/13/2013, 03:48 PM

It was weak for him because opposing recruiters were pointing out the total lack of experience in his resume'. With him no longer coaching a position, that's no longer on the table.

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 04:33 PM
I heard he once worked as a phone sex operator. They figure he's got that smooth voice, use it!

His phone name was Sexual White Chocolate.

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 06:13 PM
His phone name was Sexual White Chocolate.

lol...we use to say this is my friend..."sexual chocolate" all the times...good memories..

8timechamps
2/13/2013, 06:35 PM
lol...we use to say this is my friend..."sexual chocolate" all the times...good memories..

Coming to America.

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 10:26 PM
yup...good movie...

sooner KB
2/19/2013, 09:59 PM
So is the new DL coach going to be Jerry Montgomery?

rdusooner
2/20/2013, 09:24 AM
So is the new DL coach going to be Jerry Montgomery?

I've seen that name floating around on a couple of sites. Seems like it would be a good hire

Mjcpr
2/20/2013, 09:35 AM
I think we could use another black dude.

cleller
2/20/2013, 09:57 AM
I think we could use another black dude.

Rehire Jonathon Hayes, whatever the cost, and put him anywhere he wants to coach!

The players parted like the Red Sea when he stalked the sidelines.

Scott D
2/20/2013, 02:56 PM
Rehire Jonathon Hayes, whatever the cost, and put him anywhere he wants to coach!

The players parted like the Red Sea when he stalked the sidelines.

lol, he's pretty close to being next in line for the Bengals OC, doubt he'd want to go back to college.

stoopified
2/20/2013, 04:50 PM
lol, he's pretty close to being next in line for the Bengals OC, doubt he'd want to go back to college.I seem to recall a few years ago Hayes made it clear that he preferred the NFL over college and no intention of returning to college ball.
How about Seth Litrell to coach fbs/tes and possibly special teams?

8timechamps
2/20/2013, 05:32 PM
Montgomery would be a good hire, but I think he's a long shot to leave Michigan.

I'm hearing rumors that Seth Littrell could come back (from Indiana) to coach FBs/TEs.

Scott D
2/20/2013, 06:17 PM
I seem to recall a few years ago Hayes made it clear that he preferred the NFL over college and no intention of returning to college ball.
How about Seth Litrell to coach fbs/tes and possibly special teams?

I honestly think the only way Hayes returns to college is if it's his only opportunity to land a HC gig.

Vegas Sooner
2/21/2013, 10:27 PM
Wait for Carey Murdock to call the Sports Animal. Save yourself some time.

cherokeebrewer
2/22/2013, 03:58 PM
Seems like Jerry Montgomery is the leader in the club house. I think this would be an excellent hire for our program going forward...hope they can work out a deal!

StoopTroup
2/22/2013, 06:01 PM
I'm more worried about the players than the Coaching Staff. Bob runs it all. It's his Baby.

Things like who can take Jefferson's spot and who will replace Landry are things I wonder about. It stays that way too until we see our first game in 2013 and then we'll be able to really start taking things apart and deciding if Coaching Changes were positive or negative moves.

cherokeebrewer
2/23/2013, 06:42 PM
We got the Dline coach I wanted. Now how 'bout we get this guy for TE/ST..

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/christian_jamie00.html

JLEW1818
2/24/2013, 11:24 AM
Why not hire Toby Keith?

Tulsa_Fireman
2/24/2013, 01:12 PM
Because if Toby Keith was on the staff, he'd give whiskey to his men and beer to his horses. We can't have that.

8timechamps
2/26/2013, 03:56 PM
Latest rumor for the final spot is Florida TE coach Derek Lewis.

Lewis has strong ties to the New Orleans area (in recruiting), and was a player at Texas. He's young, and apparently an up and coming dynamite recruiter. He's the lowest paid assistant on the Florida staff, so if OU wants him, they should be able to lure him away.

Salt City Sooner
2/26/2013, 04:18 PM
Lewis shining moment at UT, for those who might not remember (skip to the 2:10 mark)

G69Vf26YObI

cleller
2/26/2013, 05:23 PM
Latest rumor for the final spot is Florida TE coach Derek Lewis.

Lewis has strong ties to the New Orleans area (in recruiting), and was a player at Texas. He's young, and apparently an up and coming dynamite recruiter. He's the lowest paid assistant on the Florida staff, so if OU wants him, they should be able to lure him away.

That adds up to some sound reasons for going after him. Don't know much about him, but since he's at Florida he can't be chopped liver. Wouldn't hold the horn thing against him.

ashley
2/26/2013, 08:56 PM
New guy will be TE's and some special teams. Most likely AA.

MyT Oklahoma
2/26/2013, 09:17 PM
Meanwhile, welcome aboard Coach Montgomery. Glad to have you in Norman.