PDA

View Full Version : From the "WGAS?" Department

opksooner
2/12/2013, 02:36 PM
Texas AD takes shot at Mizzou.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/12/4062281/ut-athletic-director-takes-shot.html#storylink=omni_popular

In an interview with The Austin-American Statesman regarding the state of UT athletics, Dodds seemed to take an unnecessary shot at Missouri, which bolted for the Southeastern Conference a little over a year ago.

Check out this excerpt:

"The wolves are at his football coach’s door after a 22-16 three-year record. If Mack Brown is looking for sympathy, he won’t get any from Rick Barnes, whose basketball team is threatening to become the first in his 15 seasons to miss the NCAA tournament.

And even Augie Garrido — with two College World Series titles and two trips to the Series in the past three years — is receiving more scrutiny after his injury-riddled baseball team failed to qualify for the postseason last May.

“We’re going to have good years again,” Dodds promised. “Our bad years are not that bad. Take a school like Missouri. Our bad years are better than their good years. But we’ve created a standard.”

Seems like there's no love lost between Missouri and the members of its former conference."

badger
2/12/2013, 02:48 PM
I find Misery's downfall from relevancy (which surprisingly doesn't come automatically if you are in the SEC. i know, the other-other tigers are surprised too) very... delicious?

yermom
2/12/2013, 02:50 PM
well, apparenly, YGAS :D

KantoSooner
2/12/2013, 02:58 PM
Oh, I'll get out of my easy chair and stroll over to the window to watch Misery take a slagging. I care that much.

Lott's Bandana
2/12/2013, 03:06 PM
“We’re going to have good years again,” Dodds promised. “Our bad years are not that bad. Take a school like Missouri. Our bad years are better than their good years. But we’ve created a standard.”

POS Liar Scum Cult-leader:

2010 Football
Misery 10-2 .........Whorn 5-7

2012 Basketball
Misery 30-5 ..........Whorn 20-14

2012 Baseball
Misery 33-28 Big12 Tourney Champions and trip to + NCAA Regional .............Whorn 30-22 0-2 Big12 Tourney no NCAA

8timechamps
2/12/2013, 04:41 PM
Oh, I'll get out of my easy chair and stroll over to the window to watch Misery take a slagging. I care that much.

Me too.

Not sure why, but of all the teams that bolted the Big XII, Missouri is the only one I take joy in seeing lose.

tycat947
2/12/2013, 05:08 PM
Me too.

Not sure why, but of all the teams that bolted the Big XII, Missouri is the only one I take joy in seeing lose.

Me TOO! I think because they pretty much started all of the Big 12 problems in that they thought they were soooooooo wanted by the B1G and MIZ....ZOU!!! would bat their eyes and the B1G would come calling with roses and boxes of candy and the B1G kicked them to the curb for Nebraska, Maryland AND Rutgers!!! Couldn't have happened to a more irrelevant school!!! MIZ....ZOU!!!

BTW, why doesn't anyone want Hypocrite U??? :(

GDC
2/12/2013, 06:32 PM
What's funny is you know the whorns would love to take similar shots first and foremost at A&M but they can't right now, so it's Missouri by default.

Jacie
2/12/2013, 07:31 PM
What's funny is you know the whorns would love to take similar shots first and foremost at A&M but they can't right now, so it's Missouri by default.

Yet, going by Lott's post, At a loss Dodds was pretty much off base even talking shiza about misery. I think whorny needs to win a conference championship in a sport other than tennis or swimming before they can claim bragging rights on anyone.

Soonerfan88
2/12/2013, 08:06 PM

Being in their back yard, I definitely care. They haven't reached okie light standards yet, but Moo fans are extremely annoying.

opksooner
2/12/2013, 08:09 PM
well, apparenly, YGAS :D

Only insofar as I can hold them up to ridicule.

trwxxa
2/12/2013, 09:12 PM
Texas AD takes shot at Mizzou.

Seems like there's no love lost between Texas and any other school in the country."

FIFY

goingoneight
2/12/2013, 09:14 PM
Speaking of things that are relevant in college football anymore... did you hear Oklahoma canned three assistants?

Tulsa_Fireman
2/12/2013, 09:17 PM
I did!

Did you hear Mack Brown gave Case McCoy herpes?