PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Hield - Out 4-6 week/fractured foot

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 10:33 PM
Although this was mentioned in the KU game thread, I figured it deserved it's own thread.

What do you guys think this means to OU's chances? I'm not worried about finishing strong this year, but I am worried about the Big XII tourney and beyond. We can only hope Hield is a freak and can heal quickly.

Certainly make's the OSU game much tougher.

TopDog8025
2/11/2013, 10:43 PM
:(. I would imagine that if he is not back by the Big 12 tournament, he will be back for the NCAAs. This is where we will really need to lean on our depth, we can still be a solid team, we have a lot of options off the bench.

badger
2/11/2013, 10:50 PM
It really didnt look too bad when it happened, he just stepped on a tcu player's foot. But then he was hopping around on the baseline afterward.

Speedy recovery to buddy steal'd

Ruf/Nek7
2/12/2013, 09:49 AM
This just means Cousins, Hornbeak, and Grooms really has to step up. All i really would like to see from them is ball control, limiting turnovers. I feel cousins and hornbeak can really score and we may see that now. What we will miss the most from Hield is his on ball defense.

On a positive note, OU has had a pretty good run at getting guys back on the court sooner rather than later. I.e. Blake Griffin 09

badger
2/12/2013, 09:52 AM
I loved that Lon played our first-off-the-bench guys, probably testing out to see who is most capable of taking Buddy minutes during his absence. I wouldn't immediately give Grooms/Cousins/Hornbeak the minutes. We could change our lineup to be taller, for example

Soonerjeepman
2/12/2013, 10:00 AM
definitely hurts, but hopefully since we've been playing about 10 guys we can get decent help form the other guys....Clark seems to have been playing really well lately and honestly Grooms has a done a decent job at PG and he's quick.

Lott's Bandana
2/12/2013, 11:08 AM
I was troubled at the reaction of the bench/trainers when it happened. They appeared to not know what to do.

I know they are world-class, but to these eyes, he was sort of left on his own to hobble around there for some time.

hawaii 5-0
2/12/2013, 12:23 PM
A deep bench isn't something I'm used to seeing with the Sooners.

It's sweet to have reserves that were once starters.

5-0

8timechamps
2/12/2013, 04:32 PM
Where the loss will hurt is on defense. I think Hield was our best on the ball defender. I'm not overly concerned about replacing his offensive production, and like TD8025 said above, hopefully he'll be back for tourney time.