PDA

View Full Version : Why Doi Women Think They're So Damned Special?

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2013, 07:50 PM
Seriously, I look at my facebook feed and it's unreal how many stupid little memes/stories there are that in some way bolster the fact that women are somehow so much more special (tacitly) than men. Let me give you an example, someone just posted this with the comment "Soooooooo true!"

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked,

"God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said, "When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart the
place where love resides."

This combined with all the **** on TV that try to make women look so much more superior than they are which goes hand-in-hand with efforts to demonize men.

Look broads -- you are not automatically special. There is nothing special or superior about women. They are simply different with different emotions, different bits and pieces, and different ways of reasoning. That doesn't make you better or special....it just makes you different. No better no worse.

Having said that, individual women are of course special depending on the person and the perspective. But this crap about the superiority of women really rubs me the wrong way.

FaninAma
2/11/2013, 08:00 PM
My advice: stay off Facebook.

Blue
2/11/2013, 08:04 PM
Newsflash: Women want to feel special. Just let it go man. Let it go.

FaninAma
2/11/2013, 08:11 PM
Newsflash: Women want to feel special. Just let it go man. Let it go.
Excellent advice. Life is much easier once you accept it.

Harry Beanbag
2/11/2013, 08:11 PM
This is an argument you can't win. It can be summed up by the simple fact that men will do almost anything and spend almost any amount of money, time, and effort to get laid. Women just have to say yes.

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 08:22 PM
They are pretty dayum special if a ax me. They have the worlds supply of Hoo-Haws and they can for the most part ALL make a fine sammich.

Oh and what Harry Said

Soonerjeepman
2/11/2013, 08:24 PM
ah...lol...the GF is always asking me to tell her something special...it's her "love language"...me, not so much. It's a circle I get in to get laid..but damn she is good at that!

okiewaker
2/11/2013, 08:50 PM
They are pretty dayum special if a ax me. They have the worlds supply of Hoo-Haws and they can for the most part ALL make a fine sammich.

Oh and what Harry Said

Not to mention they good sammich too.

Blue
2/11/2013, 08:56 PM
Oh and I'm much more concerned for the people on my feed that feel the need to update their status every 30 minutes.

Tiptonsooner
2/11/2013, 09:00 PM
Vet has it right. All the hoo haw and at lest half the money in the world. What part of that do you not understand? That makes them pretty damn special if you ever want any....

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 09:04 PM
The older I've gotten, the more I realize I will never really understand women. Now that I know that, life has been much easier. Sic'em, when you come to that realization, you too will be at peace.

Let me add this, woman have had the short end of the stick for the most part. I'm not going to go on a long winded rant, but even in this day and age, woman are not treated as equal to men. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

I was raised by a very strong single mom, so I'm probably a little biased about the issue. Personally, I like strong women.

cleller
2/11/2013, 09:18 PM
If you can put all the politics aside and look at women as tacticians, its a great game. What men have in strength and power, they can match in allure.

A beautiful and cool woman is fun to be around.

XingTheRubicon
2/11/2013, 09:50 PM
perhaps you should touch one

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 09:52 PM
Why does anyone spend much time on FaceBook?

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2013, 09:52 PM
The older I've gotten, the more I realize I will never really understand women. Now that I know that, life has been much easier. Sic'em, when you come to that realization, you too will be at peace.

Let me add this, woman have had the short end of the stick for the most part. I'm not going to go on a long winded rant, but even in this day and age, woman are not treated as equal to men. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

I was raised by a very strong single mom, so I'm probably a little biased about the issue. Personally, I like strong women.
I can't help but feel like they are way the hell over compensating to a degree that is absurd and disconnected with reality. I understand individual women wanting to feel special and the need to do so in order to get laid, but what I'm saying is that as a whole they are bound and determined to establish themselves as the superior gender. There isn't a superior gender one way or the other.

If men said some of those things they would be accused of sexism, but it is just fine for women. It is sort of like the issue of reverse-racism or, in this case, reverse-sexism.

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 09:54 PM
Sicem, Little bro Chill out
Who cares WHAT they think?
Just get yours and maybe a sammich er 2 and its all good.

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2013, 09:54 PM
Why does anyone spend much time on FaceBook?
Because it allows me to quickly and easily communicate with a large number of my friends without the need to call each individually -- I hate talking on the phone. I also use it as a kind of blog.

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 10:11 PM
Well son Listen to this and Then you can understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Y3LmpYboY

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 10:15 PM
Heh, Just remembered I looked on FB the other day and a woman I know sent sompun about Woman being made from Adams Rib to Be Protected and loved and all that good ****.
I replyed they was Made from a rib to remind the broad her man is hungry and to Go make him a sammich :very_drunk:

Fraggle145
2/11/2013, 10:32 PM
Just tell 'em what they want to hear and get back to what you were doing. You might even get a sammich outta the deal. Occasionally a furry taco... Its life. The whole reverse-sexism thing is those of us that have already been putting up with it just telling them what they want to here as a whole. Saves some time. And... you might get a sammich outta the deal.

Fraggle145
2/11/2013, 10:33 PM
Did I mention the sammich?

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 10:35 PM
Did I mention the sammich?

heh

A sammich, Breakfast of real men

I used to just say 'Yes Dear" to my last ex whenever she would go to bitchin, then just go on and do what the **** I wanted to do.

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 10:37 PM
I can't help but feel like they are way the hell over compensating to a degree that is absurd and disconnected with reality. I understand individual women wanting to feel special and the need to do so in order to get laid, but what I'm saying is that as a whole they are bound and determined to establish themselves as the superior gender. There isn't a superior gender one way or the other.

If men said some of those things they would be accused of sexism, but it is just fine for women. It is sort of like the issue of reverse-racism or, in this case, reverse-sexism.

Like any other group, the fanaticals are louder than the rest. Most women (that I know) don't have some agenda to be acknowledged as superior. In fact, most women I know feel pretty good about their role in the world. It's the ones that take it to the extreme that get the attention (and make them look bad).

I know you're joking, but treating women 'special' is about more than getting laid. I wouldn't say I treat them 'special' per say, I treat them the same while acknowledging what they contribute.

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 10:40 PM
As an aside, and to Sic'em's point, any meme or quote (or anything along those lines) annoy me on FB. A 3 year old nowadays can copy and paste a meme to FB. If you have something to say, why not just post a status update? It's one thing to post something you fine insightful or humorous once in a while, but to do that **** all the time is annoying.

Then again, I post a status update on FB once every 6 months.

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 10:46 PM
Heh, Speakin of wimmens
I came home from my shop one day, Ex bitch was asleep on the couch. I quickly grabbed the Big ole bottle of aspirin and gently pinched her nose shut, When she opened her mouth to breath I started pouring the aspirin to her, She came flyin up spittin em every where and said WTF do you think yer doing? I smiled and said Why dear Im getting rid of your headache. She yelled I dont have a G Damned headache.
I smiled and said Great
lets ****.

Fraggle145
2/11/2013, 10:51 PM
Heh, Speakin of wimmens
I came home from my shop one day, Ex bitch was asleep on the couch. I quickly grabbed the Big ole bottle of aspirin and gently pinched her nose shut, When she opened her mouth to breath I started pouring the aspirin to her, She came flyin up spittin em every where and said WTF do you think yer doing? I smiled and said Why dear Im getting rid of your headache. She yelled I dont have a G Damned headache.
I smiled and said Great
lets ****.

:very_drunk:

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2013, 10:54 PM
Women, for the most part, feel useless and unfulfilled, so they have to make up random bullsh*t to stroke their egos and make themselves look more important than they really are. This line of thinking is why we have black history month.

Anyway, why don't men post this crap? Because we're f*cking awesome and don't have to.

Examples:
Who stars in all the really kick*ss action movies? Men.
Who are all the cool guns named after? Men.
Who has been President of the United States? Men.
Who climbed Mt. Everest first? Men.
Who killed that big grizzly bear that ate at least a couple of people? A man.
Who was Bruce Lee? A man.

When women can get my BLT order correct then I'll give them a little more credit and we can start talking about, some, equality.

And yes, I realize I'm a heartless monster that eats children's souls for saying this. Truth hurts.

TL;DR
Why do women cry? Because they have horrible self esteem.

Blue
2/11/2013, 10:56 PM
As an aside, and to Sic'em's point, any meme or quote (or anything along those lines) annoy me on FB. A 3 year old nowadays can copy and paste a meme to FB. If you have something to say, why not just post a status update? It's one thing to post something you fine insightful or humorous once in a while, but to do that **** all the time is annoying.

Then again, I post a status update on FB once every 6 months.

Its all about quality not quantity. But I suppose if your quality is garbage, then quantity will just expose it quicker. :)

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 11:05 PM
Women, for the most part, feel useless and unfulfilled, so they have to make up random bullsh*t to stroke their egos and make themselves look more important than they really are. This line of thinking is why we have black history month.

Anyway, why don't men post this crap? Because we're f*cking awesome and don't have to.

Examples:

Who are all the cool guns named after? Men.
TL;DR
Why do women cry? Because they have horrible self esteem.

I have My weapon named " Clit" Because it Gets so dayum Hot and gets off fast and often.:very_drunk:

Soonerfan88
2/11/2013, 11:16 PM
From a woman's point of view:

8timechamps is just how often he was crowned last night. :couple_inlove:
Like any other group, the fanaticals are louder than the rest. Most women (that I know) don't have some agenda to be acknowledged as superior. In fact, most women I know feel pretty good about their role in the world. It's the ones that take it to the extreme that get the attention (and make them look bad).

MR2-Sooner86 hasn't seen a real woman without paying for it since '86 so compensates with a sports car. :emptiness:

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 11:24 PM
From a woman's point of view:

8timechamps is just how often he was crowned last night. :couple_inlove:

MR2-Sooner86 hasn't seen a real woman without paying for it since '86 so compensates with a sports car. :emptiness:

If you think you gettin it fer free you are sadly mistaken my friend.

SCOUT
2/11/2013, 11:42 PM
Leasing vs. owning is more of an individual decision. There is no right answer.

diverdog
2/12/2013, 03:36 AM
ah...lol...the GF is always asking me to tell her something special...it's her "love language"...me, not so much. It's a circle I get in to get laid..but damn she is good at that!

I hate you more than ever! Lucky bastard!

Soonerjeepman
2/12/2013, 10:06 AM
lol...sorry...DD...she actually wants it more than I and she is very expressive about it~

KantoSooner
2/12/2013, 11:12 AM
lol...sorry...DD...she actually wants it more than I and she is very expressive about it~

This is a difficult sentence to accept.

Judging from the only men I know anything about, male sex drive is infinite. If your gf has infinite+ sex drive, then the two of you would be locked in eternal frenzied coupling culminating, ultimately, in a super nova and the extinction of life as we know it. Woman's ability to say 'no' is thus the only thing keeping the world from coming to an end.

It also frees them up to make the occaissional sammich.

FirstandGoal
2/12/2013, 11:52 AM
Its a simple answer.

We have boobies!

/thread

KantoSooner
2/12/2013, 12:05 PM
Good catch.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/12/2013, 12:11 PM
Its a simple answer.

We have boobies!

/thread

http://media.tumblr.com/f722aa9493a1532be5479525848e9bc1/tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

olevetonahill
2/12/2013, 01:00 PM
Its a simple answer.

We have boobies!

/thread

Winnah ! :drunk:

Tulsa_Fireman
2/12/2013, 01:00 PM
That, and BJs from a dude just don't put smiles on faces.

olevetonahill
2/12/2013, 01:02 PM
That, and BJs from a dude just don't put smiles on faces.

Chuck, Calling Chuck.

diverdog
2/12/2013, 01:39 PM

You are dead to me. Ya hear me? Dead!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/12/2013, 01:50 PM
Its a simple answer.

We have boobies!

AND, that invaluable Lower Unit.

Soonerjeepman
2/12/2013, 11:52 PM
You are dead to me. Ya hear me? Dead!

lol..sorry man...really am. Yeah, the guys at work are like you "lucky mther fcker"...which I am. She'll do just about everything I've asked..she is always asking what fantasies I have...course the biggy (involving another woman - which I know I prob couldn't do) she has said no way...which is fine.

Kanto - I'm 48 and on BP medicine..the drive just isn't there like it was before. Realize I had a sexless marriage for the last 2-3 yrs of it....takes awhile for a beat puppy to want to play again. She's 44 and ready to go...it's all good though~

On top of it all, she's a farm girl, loves to cook for me (and her mom makes the best homemade -crust and all - apple pies) and she is a CONSERVATIVE!!!! lol

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 12:01 AM
lol..sorry man...really am. Yeah, the guys at work are like you "lucky mther fcker"...which I am. She'll do just about everything I've asked..she is always asking what fantasies I have...course the biggy (involving another woman - which I know I prob couldn't do) she has said no way...which is fine.

Kanto - I'm 48 and on BP medicine..the drive just isn't there like it was before. Realize I had a sexless marriage for the last 2-3 yrs of it....takes awhile for a beat puppy to want to play again. She's 44 and ready to go...it's all good though~

On top of it all, she's a farm girl, loves to cook for me (and her mom makes the best homemade -crust and all - apple pies) and she is a CONSERVATIVE!!!! lol

How old his her Mom?

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 12:04 AM
lol...70something...smart lady. Heck of a cook in her own right. Loves sports...She actually had started DVRin all the OU bball games for me!

olevetonahill
2/13/2013, 12:06 AM
lol...70something...smart lady. Heck of a cook in her own right. Loves sports...She actually had started DVRin all the OU bball games for me!

Thats a Tad old for me, But Not a deal breaker if shes Hot and Like OU .

Soonerjeepman
2/13/2013, 12:09 AM
lol...yeah..not think hot..she's more of an mu/ku fan..kids are ku fans but grew up on a missouri farm..go figure. She just likes me (the ex is a real a$$hole) that's why the taping. She actually did cheer for OU against ku..lol.

TAFBSooner
2/17/2013, 04:34 AM
Seriously, I look at my facebook feed and it's unreal how many stupid little memes/stories there are that in some way bolster the fact that women are somehow so much more special (tacitly) than men. Let me give you an example, someone just posted this with the comment "Soooooooo true!"

This combined with all the **** on TV that try to make women look so much more superior than they are which goes hand-in-hand with efforts to demonize men.

Look broads -- you are not automatically special. There is nothing special or superior about women. They are simply different with different emotions, different bits and pieces, and different ways of reasoning. That doesn't make you better or special....it just makes you different. No better no worse.

Having said that, individual women are of course special depending on the person and the perspective. But this crap about the superiority of women really rubs me the wrong way.

Been back for a few weeks and so far have seen you posting a lot, but nothing on the ongoing 'non-existent love life' thing you entertained the board with years ago.

badger
2/18/2013, 05:02 PM
Been back for a few weeks and so far have seen you posting a lot, but nothing on the ongoing 'non-existent love life' thing you entertained the board with years ago.

I think "So I met a girl" won the first, last and only "Thread of the Year" award.

Who knew that years later the "girl" thread would now devolve into "Why Doi Women Think They're So Damned Special?" It's like something out of a B-movie or midseason replacement sitcom.

olevetonahill
2/18/2013, 05:48 PM
Vet has it right. All the hoo haw and at lest half the money in the world. What part of that do you not understand? That makes them pretty damn special if you ever want any....

All that and they still Bitch about sompun.

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2013, 07:43 PM
I think "So I met a girl" won the first, last and only "Thread of the Year" award.

Who knew that years later the "girl" thread would now devolve into "Why Doi Women Think They're So Damned Special?" It's like something out of a B-movie or midseason replacement sitcom.

And...yet...not in the catacombs.

C&CDean
2/19/2013, 09:50 AM
If it'll make you feel all self-actualized and **** I'll move it over there. I mean it is/was the highlight of your life, no?

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 09:59 AM
If it'll make you feel all self-actualized and **** I'll move it over there. I mean it is/was the highlight of your life, no?

Is that the one where he met this girl and she axed him to be her bridesmaid . and he was trying to get to the weddin in his Maids dress on his scooter and he wound up in Amarillo where he got the **** kicked out of himself By a REAL Biker?

Or am I confused?

C&CDean
2/19/2013, 10:08 AM
Is that the one where he met this girl and she axed him to be her bridesmaid . and he was trying to get to the weddin in his Maids dress on his scooter and he wound up in Amarillo where he got the **** kicked out of himself By a REAL Biker?

Or am I confused?

Pretty fair summarization.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 10:12 AM
Pretty fair summarization.

I thot so , But I drank a lot back then so wernt real sure :chuncky:

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2013, 10:34 AM

Or am I confused?
I played a round or two of paintball somewhere in there.

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 10:35 AM
define 'a lot'

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 10:39 AM
define 'a lot'

I usually tore hell outta a 30 pack a day. Hell Now I buy a 30 pack and its Like we gonna grow Old together:apologetic:

badger
2/19/2013, 10:53 AM

Or am I confused?

SicEm thinks Kim Mulkey is hotter than Sherri Coale.

Go ahead and tell me that I'm mistaken, SicEm. Tell me that you see what everyone else on this board sees, that Sherri Coale remains the hottest coach in womens basketball and that Kim Mulkey is not even close.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 11:02 AM
At most, attractive
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRANx47nfievHN7Huv3QAO1qfBDpmUCV hTDH_Q4elk5bLR6l8x5nA

Not even when I were drunk.
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/19/6e/196e7481296d22a48cd0912ae1e9099e.jpg

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2013, 11:05 AM
Coale can't even compare to Mulkey. Coale couldn't even spit shine Mulkey's golden sequence'd heels. However, if Coale plays her cards right then maybe Mulkey will let her take a peek at our national championship trophies so she can actually see what they look like.

badger
2/19/2013, 11:14 AM
Coale can't even compare to Mulkey. Coale couldn't even spit shine Mulkey's golden sequence'd heels.

Ladies and gentlemen, SicEmBaylor.

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 11:25 AM
I usually tore hell outta a 30 pack a day. Hell Now I buy a 30 pack and its Like we gonna grow Old together:apologetic:

One word solution to your challenge: whisky.

Hell, drankin' even a good share of 30 brewskies a day and I'd spend the best hours taking leaks. I want to be toasted AND do stuff.

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 11:28 AM
I want to know what 'golden sequence'd heels' are.

heels that you wear during a golden shower?

I dunno. I'm confused again.

First the damn Tulsa streets and now worrisome footwear. This week is just killing me.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 11:28 AM
One word solution to your challenge: whisky.

Hell, drankin' even a good share of 30 brewskies a day and I'd spend the best hours taking leaks. I want to be toasted AND do stuff.

I make the stuff, just aint ever been a big whiskey dranker
Since I had to start watchin my Sugar levels I bout quit drankin entirely. I pull a 12 pack night once a month er so but not often.

olevetonahill
2/19/2013, 11:29 AM

First the damn Tulsa streets and now worrisome footwear. This week is just killing me.

Dont sweat it bro, Sicem could confuse the village idiot

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2013, 11:30 AM

They go great with iridescent blazers.
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0412/dm_120412_baylor_penalties.jpg

C&CDean
2/19/2013, 03:04 PM
I get it now. Mulkey is the masculine version of Sicem. Answers everything.

OULenexaman
2/19/2013, 03:43 PM
Mulkey rides a scooter too??

KantoSooner
2/19/2013, 03:52 PM
Let's cut straight to the chase on this:
I'd happily wake up next to Sherri. (Yes, I know, she's married. This is a hypothetical, calm down.)
Mulkey would wake up with gnawed off arm under her head and a blood trail leading down the block.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/19/2013, 10:54 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qh4gkMN61qlyq6uo1_400.jpg

That's not Baylor's women's basketball coach, that's a MAN, baby!