PDA

View Full Version : Sooners Ranked?

Ruf/Nek7
2/11/2013, 08:33 AM
Could this finally be the week we crack the top 25? In the last USA Today poll, we received 2 consideration votes and then we went on to beat #5 KU. I know that their previous two losses would have sent them falling in the rankings had they been updated sooner, but that is still a big win.

If we can win the games we are supposed to (TCU, Tech, tx, baylor, wvu) and pull of a surprise win on the road (osu) no reason we dont finish the regular season ranked.

Boomer.....
2/11/2013, 08:46 AM
We also got spanked in Ames. We should at least be receiving votes.

badger
2/11/2013, 09:03 AM
Rankings (both USA Today/ESPN and AP) generally come out between 11 and 12 Oklahoma time. So, can you wait three-four hours? :D

I don't think we'll be in either top 25 this week (remember that we just lost to KSU again this past week and that two other teams "upset" rocky chalky) but I think we're going to see some serious votes

Bourbon St Sooner
2/11/2013, 10:16 AM
I don't think so this week. But we're in another position that if we go 2-0 this week we'll bust into the rankings next week.

nighttrain12
2/11/2013, 01:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/year/2013/poll/1/week/15

AP, we got 1 stinkin' vote. Hell, we've beat Kansas and OSU who are ranked. We should be at least 25th.

badger
2/11/2013, 01:38 PM
Our OVERALL win-loss record hurt us. Look at the win-loss record of ranked teams and you'll see that they would have really had to stretch to put OU in.

Beating KU simply isn't enough. Hell, TCU did it. Hell, POKE did it

Soonerjeepman
2/11/2013, 02:12 PM
we just need to win out...I do think my 9/9 might be off. ;-)

IF we play like we did Sat we def can win the rest, if we play like we did against isu we won't.. osu on the road will be toughest. Hopefully the kids take it one game at a time and leave everything on the court, that is all I ask. Much better than the previous coaching staff.

tycat947
2/11/2013, 05:05 PM
If not being ranked or receiving very few votes provides incentive for the team, then lets stay unranked!!! :sneakiness:

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 05:43 PM
OU had three consecutive weeks they could have been ranked, but lost over the weekend and that cost 'em. Even though the KU win was big, the ISU loss and the fact that KU had already lost to TCU hurt. Once again, if OU can win out this week, they'll be ranked. But, that includes a tough game in Stillwater.