PDA

View Full Version : new NBA ad on "kids tv" about the word "gay"

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2013, 11:38 AM
anyone see it?

it was on reg tv this morning, during a kids tv show. Sponsored by nba, glsen

NBA players Grant Hill and Jared Dudley shot a PSA for GLSEN and the Ad Council's Think Before You Speak campaign on April 12, 2011. The PSA is the first phase of a partnership between GLSEN, the NBA and the Ad Council to address anti-LGBT language among teens. Learn more about the campaign at http://thinkb4youspeak.com

who says LGBT doesn't have an agenda targeted towards young kids.

fire away!

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 11:40 AM
Well thats just ****in Ghey

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2013, 11:47 AM
lol..that was most of the responses on youtube...threw it up on the other board as well.

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 11:51 AM
lol..that was most of the responses on youtube...threw it up on the other board as well.

Heh, I responded the same.

badger
2/9/2013, 06:50 PM
Kids will find some new insult if "gay" is considered unacceptable. I heard that some kids are switching to calling bad things "jewish" now instead

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 06:53 PM
Kids will find some new insult if "gay" is considered unacceptable. I heard that some kids are switching to calling bad things "jewish" now instead

Well thats just Hebrewish as hell

SanJoaquinSooner
2/9/2013, 07:45 PM
anyone see it?

it was on reg tv this morning, during a kids tv show. Sponsored by nba, glsen

NBA players Grant Hill and Jared Dudley shot a PSA for GLSEN and the Ad Council's Think Before You Speak campaign on April 12, 2011. The PSA is the first phase of a partnership between GLSEN, the NBA and the Ad Council to address anti-LGBT language among teens. Learn more about the campaign at http://thinkb4youspeak.com

who says LGBT doesn't have an agenda targeted towards young kids.
fire away!

Suggesting that it is uncool to use the word "gay" in a demeaning manner isn't the same thing as suggesting to young kids that they should experiment with homosexual behavior.

Curly Bill
2/9/2013, 07:52 PM

They've been doing this for a while.

Curly Bill
2/9/2013, 07:53 PM
Suggesting that it is uncool to use the word "gay" in a demeaning manner isn't the same thing as suggesting to young kids that they should experiment with homosexual behavior.

This is gay! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ouwasp
2/10/2013, 12:09 AM
They oughta say "perverted". Call it what it is. Or is that not kosher?

FaninAma
2/10/2013, 11:37 AM
Should gay members of our society be treated with respect? Absolutely. Is the gay lifestyle an acceptable alternative to traditional 2 parent heterosexual lifestyles? Absolutely not.

Soonerjeepman
2/10/2013, 12:54 PM

check out their website..they have all kinds of material for parents and educators. What they do is say it's ok for confused teenagers to go with experimental feelings. I've seen first hand kids that are not accepted by the other sex because they are not attractive, athletic, etc get acceptance from the same sex and gravitate towards that. Homosexuality is more than any of this but the gay and lesbian community is definitely interested in recruiting for their cause. If they weren't they wouldn't need to be in middle or hs. Kids have enough to worry about than pressure from their groups to come out of some closet.

For the record, I'm NOT saying to bash gays or anything such. I just don't believe in their push that people who disagree with their lifestyle are homophobic or evil. Like I've said before, until the MEDICAL world proves to me that it's genetic I won't believe it's "natural" or normal.

SoonerorLater
2/10/2013, 05:07 PM

Why would it be uncool to use the word gay in a demeaning manner?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2013, 12:27 AM
Why would it be uncool to use the word gay in a demeaning manner?

Uncool is a social construction. It's like in some social circles, it is uncool to smoke cigarettes. These things network as most circles are interconnected with other circles, so the concept of uncoolness spreads.

you know, like when we were growing up, we observed that in some circles it was acceptable to use the N-word and in others it was not. I would conjecture that, today, there are fewer circles that find it acceptable.

yermom
2/11/2013, 12:59 AM
check out their website..they have all kinds of material for parents and educators. What they do is say it's ok for confused teenagers to go with experimental feelings. I've seen first hand kids that are not accepted by the other sex because they are not attractive, athletic, etc get acceptance from the same sex and gravitate towards that. Homosexuality is more than any of this but the gay and lesbian community is definitely interested in recruiting for their cause. If they weren't they wouldn't need to be in middle or hs. Kids have enough to worry about than pressure from their groups to come out of some closet.

For the record, I'm NOT saying to bash gays or anything such. I just don't believe in their push that people who disagree with their lifestyle are homophobic or evil. Like I've said before, until the MEDICAL world proves to me that it's genetic I won't believe it's "natural" or normal.

there are more things at play than genes

FaninAma
2/11/2013, 09:33 AM
Why not? Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why shouldn't gay people be happy?

Traditional, as you put it, is based off of religion. Your religion can't be imposed on another American.

Nobody said they couldn't be happy. They shouldn't be discriminated against or persecuted in anyway. I just draw the line when the gay agenda is pushed to the point of trying to make the argument that the gay lifestyle is every bit as good for society as traditional families are. It seems like Europe is in a head long rush to commit societal suicide and this country is about 10 years behind them and pushing non-traditional lifestyles is part of that downhill trajectory.

Thousands of years of societal evolution has shown there are more(and less) stabilizing ways to structure a society. Just because some religions tout certain successful cutural/societal constucts doesn't negate that fact.

okie52
2/11/2013, 10:49 AM
Uncool is a social construction. It's like in some social circles, it is uncool to smoke cigarettes. These things network as most circles are interconnected with other circles, so the concept of uncoolness spreads.

you know, like when we were growing up, we observed that in some circles it was acceptable to use the N-word and in others it was not. I would conjecture that, today, there are fewer circles that find it acceptable.

Do you use illegal immigrant, illegal alien or just illegal in your social circles?

olevetonahill
2/11/2013, 11:00 AM
Do you use illegal immigrant, illegal alien or just illegal in your social circles?

I just say "Wet" .its easier

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2013, 01:01 PM

Modern Day Sooner

okie52
2/11/2013, 01:28 PM
Modern Day Sooner

Are we "cheatin" again?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2013, 07:40 PM
Are we "cheatin" again?

http://jetsetwithmary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Oklahoma-Land-Run.jpg