PDA

View Full Version : The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

Pages : [1] 2

stoopified
2/9/2013, 09:54 AM
Can not wait for the return of TWD.The Governor is going down.

cleller
2/9/2013, 10:05 AM
I just started on TWD about 3 months ago. Watched what I could on Netflix, and have been picking up the rest via the web on unreliable streams. The reruns are now playing, so tomorrow night at 6:00 I can get up to date.

Its been excellent at times, but I fear it could get too much like Lost did, and lose focus. That Michonne-ninja has been a nice surprise, but If Darrel gets killed off, I'd lose interest.

stoopified
2/9/2013, 10:34 AM
I just started on TWD about 3 months ago. Watched what I could on Netflix, and have been picking up the rest via the web on unreliable streams. The reruns are now playing, so tomorrow night at 6:00 I can get up to date.

Its been excellent at times, but I fear it could get too much like Lost did, and lose focus. That Michonne-ninja has been a nice surprise, but If Darrel gets killed off, I'd lose interest.Welcome to the TWD bandwagon, been a great ride....so far.

ouleaf
2/9/2013, 11:08 AM
Can't wait.

ouwasp
2/9/2013, 11:12 AM
might as well get used to the jackass Governor...I bet that character doesn't meet his well-earned death until Season 4...just like I've been hoping for the death of Andrea for a long time, her long-term presence seems to be pre-ordained.

Still, my household will be eagerly awaiting TWD on Sunday night!

8timechamps
2/9/2013, 03:28 PM
might as well get used to the jackass Governor...I bet that character doesn't meet his well-earned death until Season 4...just like I've been hoping for the death of Andrea for a long time, her long-term presence seems to be pre-ordained.

Still, my household will be eagerly awaiting TWD on Sunday night!

I'm with you, I think he's got a full season left in him. If it's anything like the search for Sophia, we'll have plenty of time to continue hating him.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/9/2013, 04:18 PM
I just hope they don't kill off any more of the original characters real soon. Its at risk of turning into a zombie Gray's Anatomy in that respect.

stoopified
2/10/2013, 02:38 PM
Been watching the marathon off and on the last couple of days and two questions came to mind.The first question was what did Michom feed her pet walker/pack mules?If unfed I would think they would have weakened and been useless as packmules.The second question that came to mind deals with something Rick said.He told inmate survivors at the prison that half the world was dead or zombies,I'm sorry but doesn't that estimate seem low? [I] would think it would be closer to 90%.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/10/2013, 03:25 PM
Don't think Rick meant that as an estimate but more as a figure of speech. If he was giving an actual estimate I'm sure the number would've been much higher.

soonerhubs
2/10/2013, 04:41 PM
I just hope they don't kill off any more of the original characters real soon. Its at risk of turning into a zombie Gray's Anatomy in that respect.

Shonda Rhimes has the creativity of a cornflake when compared to Kirkman.

8timechamps
2/10/2013, 05:12 PM
Been watching the marathon off and on the last couple of days and two questions came to mind.The first question was what did Michom feed her pet walker/pack mules?If unfed I would think they would have weakened and been useless as packmules.The second question that came to mind deals with something Rick said.He told inmate survivors at the prison that half the world was dead or zombies,I'm sorry but doesn't that estimate seem low? [I] would think it would be closer to 90%.

I don't recall any mention of the world outside of the US. It's possible that the epidemic hasn't spread world-wide I suppose. I also had that question about the zombie pets. I assumed they fed on animals or other zombies (is that even possible, wouldn't they all be eating each other?!). So many questions!

SoonerInFortSmith
2/10/2013, 06:59 PM
The scientist at the CDC did mention that it was happening in other countries if I remember correctly.

landrun
2/10/2013, 07:22 PM

Its been excellent at times, but I fear it could get too much like Lost did, and lose focus. That Michonne-ninja has been a nice surprise, but If Darrel gets killed off, I'd lose interest.

You can watch every episode here: http://www.couchtuner.eu/the-walking-dead/

Click the episode you want to watch. Then do NOT click the big 'watch now' button in the middle of the page.

Instead click the little 'Watch it here : The Walking Dead Season xxx Episode xxx' link at the top just above 'Download this episode'

8timechamps
2/10/2013, 07:24 PM
I caught an episode from the first season recently, and noticed that Rick's Australian accent has been hidden better in later episodes. Just a meaningless FYI.

landrun
2/10/2013, 07:28 PM
btw, I just started watching this about a week ago! My son got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I guess for Christmas or something. I don't know.

At first when I saw he had these I thought it was stupid. I was thinking, "I can't believe poeple watch these stupid ZOMBIE movies!"

But my wife and him were watching the end of season 1 and then the start of season 2 while I was sitting in the living room surfing the net. I was sort of half watching while I looked over our recruts etc... Before long I was hooked. :)

When season 2 finished I went back and watched my son's season 1 DVD. Then I found season three online and watched all of it.

Stupid zombie movies!!! :) :)

I've been waiting all weekend to see what heppens when/if the governor makes two brothers fight. :applause:

8timechamps
2/10/2013, 10:02 PM
So, apparently it's only be a week since Rick lost his ****. And it appears he isn't done losing his ****.

soonerinabilene
2/10/2013, 10:54 PM
The scientist at the CDC did mention that it was happening in other countries if I remember correctly.

Yeah, he something about France was the CDC center that lasted the longest.

soonerinabilene
2/10/2013, 10:56 PM
And yeah, I fully expect a Lori/Shane ghost zombie freakout to come into his head soon.

colleyvillesooner
2/10/2013, 11:38 PM
Ok episode. Will be interesting to see
how long they stretch out the governor arch.

ouleaf
2/11/2013, 10:39 AM
Rick has gone bye-bye. He's obviously a broken man and not thinking rationally. It will be interesting to see if anyone steps up to challenge him. Was nice to see Glenn yell at him, and I really think it's going to be a good season for his character.

I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Daryl and Merle with the group. They may go off for awhile, but I think they'll somehow find there way back to them.

Will be interesting to see where Andrea's loyalties are now. I doubt the Governor will let her go to the prison, so it'd have to be on her to somehow sneak her way over there I'm guessing.

Jacie
2/11/2013, 11:07 AM
What zombies eat, remember Herschel was tossing live chickens into his private zombie zoo and zombies attacked Darryl's freshly killed deer in Season 1 so pretty much any fresh meat will do for a zombie. However, it does not appear that they starve to death (tough to do when you are already dead) quickly since they are always running into zombies that have been confined (a year of TWD time has passed I think). Obviously, if your metabolism does not have to deal with those pesky body functions like keeping you warm, breathing and oxygen exchange, a whole host of enzyme and chemical reactions or any kind of exercise then a little nourishment must go a lo-o-o-o-ong way.

tator
2/11/2013, 04:16 PM
Rick has gone bye-bye. He's obviously a broken man and not thinking rationally. It will be interesting to see if anyone steps up to challenge him. Was nice to see Glenn yell at him, and I really think it's going to be a good season for his character.

I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Daryl and Merle with the group. They may go off for awhile, but I think they'll somehow find there way back to them.

Will be interesting to see where Andrea's loyalties are now. I doubt the Governor will let her go to the prison, so it'd have to be on her to somehow sneak her way over there I'm guessing.

No way Darryl is gone, he is too important to the fanbase.

I'm not sure Andrea had a lot of loyalty to the group on the first place, she was always a sort of Shane knock-off.

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 04:40 PM
I really hope the season doesn't end up as predictable as it appears it will be. Daryl comes back just as the gov'ner has Rick and the gang dead to rights, and saves them. Thus allowing Merle back into the group. Andrea takes over as the new leader of Woodbury.

I hope that's not how it works out.

Did I mention that Rick has lost his ****?

achiro
2/11/2013, 07:27 PM
Last nights episode was stupid! Worst one of the entire series. I hate when shows/movies add additional drama by having the characters make decisions that real people wouldn't. The Andrea crap in particular. Rick making Michonne leave and losing his **** was stupid as well. I really wish they would have stayed a little closer to the comics storyline, it is so much better.

8timechamps
2/11/2013, 09:11 PM
Last nights episode was stupid! Worst one of the entire series. I hate when shows/movies add additional drama by having the characters make decisions that real people wouldn't. The Andrea crap in particular. Rick making Michonne leave and losing his **** was stupid as well. I really wish they would have stayed a little closer to the comics storyline, it is so much better.

I thought it was an okay episode, but I'm with you for the most part. I'm not a fan of the whole crazy Rick thing. I get that the world is not normal, and he went through some pretty crazy stuff, but on one hand, you have Carl, who pulled the trigger, and he seems to be getting by fine. Then you have Rick seeing some vision of his dead wife, that really doesn't make much sense to me.

I think they could have spent the entire episode focusing on the showdown between Rick and the governor. All the added stuff was kind of dumb.

stoopified
2/12/2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah, he something about France was the CDC center that lasted the longest.
Not to mention common sense would indicate the zombie plague is worlwide.If only the US were affected there would have been some type of UN response.If the major consumer base that is America would suddenly vanish it would cause huge worldwide ripples. At the very least Canada would investigate the loss of TV and radio traffic,meanwhile illegals would be pouring acrodss our southern borders.Z Plague infected people undoutedly were on international flights when tis all started. In fact it could have started overseas and been spread to US.I just cannot imagine a scenario in which the ZPlague is only an American or even North American issue.

8timechamps
2/12/2013, 04:19 PM
Not to mention common sense would indicate the zombie plague is worlwide.If only the US were affected there would have been some type of UN response.If the major consumer base that is America would suddenly vanish it would cause huge worldwide ripples. At the very least Canada would investigate the loss of TV and radio traffic,meanwhile illegals would be pouring acrodss our southern borders.Z Plague infected people undoutedly were on international flights when tis all started. In fact it could have started overseas and been spread to US.I just cannot imagine a scenario in which the ZPlague is only an American or even North American issue.

Wait just a damn minute...

If the plague is airborne, and encompassing North America, I don't think any country or organization would take the chance of entering the area. Maybe they would do some planning, in an effort to irradiate the virus from a distance, but I don't think they would rush in to save survivors.

So, in my theory, it's still possible that other countries haven't been affected. Although, in The Walking Dead, soonerinabilene is right, the CDC guy did mention that it was worldwide.

cleller
2/12/2013, 06:51 PM
The whole thing is probably all just one of Bob Newhart's dreams.

achiro
2/12/2013, 07:23 PM
The whole thing is probably all just one of Bob Newhart's dreams.

I'm pretty convinced that the last issue/episode will be Rick waking up in the hospital out of the coma(gun shot from first episode) with his family standing around him and it will have all been a coma dream.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/12/2013, 07:41 PM
Bobby Ewing exits the shower.

ouwasp
2/12/2013, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty convinced that the last issue/episode will be Rick waking up in the hospital out of the coma(gun shot from first episode) with his family standing around him and it will have all been a coma dream.

I'd be okay with that... but TWD Fanboys would go ballistic! BTW, one of the previews shows Andrea walking up to the prison with a zombie on a "leash", kinda like Michonne did to ward off the walkers. So, in some upcoming episode she does touch base with her original group.

ouleaf
2/13/2013, 10:36 AM

God I hope not....such a cop out ending.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/13/2013, 10:56 AM
I just started watching during christmas break on netflix and am now officially caught up..

I'll be honest..I don't like the way the series is going.. First 2 seasons were pretty good..i couldn't imagine going through season 2 in real time without netflix and dealing with the search for Sophia...good tv.

soonerinabilene
2/13/2013, 07:44 PM

I thought that was how LOST was going to end. Some kid waking up, saying "Man that was one crazy stupid dream."

cleller
2/13/2013, 09:46 PM
I guess some of yall have run across websites of the hardcore fans. I understand that there are comic books or something that the whole series is based on, and seems to follow.
Didn't want to get in too deep on it, but these comic-readers seem to have insight about what happens next.

Its getting to the point (for me) that the deaths of many more of the long-term characters would lessen my interest in the show.

achiro
2/14/2013, 10:57 AM
I guess some of yall have run across websites of the hardcore fans. I understand that there are comic books or something that the whole series is based on, and seems to follow.
Didn't want to get in too deep on it, but these comic-readers seem to have insight about what happens next.

Its getting to the point (for me) that the deaths of many more of the long-term characters would lessen my interest in the show.

This is the only place I ever discuss it. After last season when it ended with some badass chick with swords standing over Andrea I had to find out more and didn't want to wait on the next season to start. I ended up reading the series through comiXology.com and was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Anyway back to your topic, the tv series has gotten so far away from the original storyline that nobody knows exactly what is going to happen next. I will say this though, don't get to attached to anyone in the books but I think the tv show hangs on to fan favorites because of popularity and ratings.

cleller
2/18/2013, 10:22 PM
Anyway back to your topic, the tv series has gotten so far away from the original storyline that nobody knows exactly what is going to happen next. I will say this though, don't get to attached to anyone in the books but I think the tv show hangs on to fan favorites because of popularity and ratings.

I know that killing folks are is part of the plot, and makes sense, but I'm one of the ones who'd howl if the core group gets chewed down. The last two eps had been a little slow and talky until the big shoot em up.
That was interesting, too. First shot: bullseye. Next 500 rounds: couldn't hit a thing.

ouleaf
2/18/2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah, felt kind of like a filler episode until the Governor and his crew showed up at the Prison. Glad Daryl made his way back and Merle followed. Maybe now that he helped save Rick, Rick will realize he needs Merle to help fight and for info on the Governor and Woodbury. Just don't see how the group can stay at the prison much longer unless they get a lot more help to defend it and fortify it to make it more secure.

8timechamps
2/27/2013, 09:57 PM
Okay, I feel like the show is at a crossroads of sorts, and that's not a good thing. I think it could very easily become boring from this point on. I hope that isn't the case, but I feel like they're playing the governor thing too slow. I think the whole Andrea incident (at the end of the last episode) was just weird. I also don't like the young kid and his dad (part of the group that came to the prison when Rick freaked out and told said to leave). The kid was so quick to offer up his services in the Woodbury army. Just seemed dumb. Hopefully, things pick up.

ouleaf
2/28/2013, 09:41 AM
I think the pace of the show is still fine....anything is better after the farm.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/28/2013, 09:46 AM
Okay, I feel like the show is at a crossroads of sorts, and that's not a good thing. I think it could very easily become boring from this point on. I hope that isn't the case, but I feel like they're playing the governor thing too slow. I think the whole Andrea incident (at the end of the last episode) was just weird. I also don't like the young kid and his dad (part of the group that came to the prison when Rick freaked out and told said to leave). The kid was so quick to offer up his services in the Woodbury army. Just seemed dumb. Hopefully, things pick up.

Agree with all of this...After reading AMC had put the clamp down on the WD production spending, it all makes sense..In the meantime, it's kind of dragging..I saw this because I watched the 1st and 2nd seasons up to the middle of the 3rd one after another on netflix then DVR for the 3rd..

Also, everytime Andrea appears on the screen, everyone watching has to yell "Shoot her!" at our house.

Jacie
3/1/2013, 09:19 AM
I particularly enjoyed the Merle's speech to Herschel about what the Governor would do once he captured them all. Very chilling.

Next best was Carol telling Andrea how to kill the Governor. Will Andrea do it?

And where do you get those zombie sticks, the ones that are like something you would use to pick up a very big snake?

achiro
3/4/2013, 08:54 AM
Egg sell ant episode last night. Lots of great moments.

cleller
3/4/2013, 08:59 AM
Egg sell ant episode last night. Lots of great moments.

Really? I was thinking more along the lines of "filler".

stoops the eternal pimp
3/4/2013, 09:06 AM
I enjoyed last night's episode also..Even though it was filler, it answered a question that was on about everyone who watches mind.

Pricetag
3/4/2013, 10:40 AM
I knew this would be a "love it or hate it" episode, since it didn't do much to advance the Woodbury plot line.

I loved it. I knew it was Morgan before he appeared, but it was still a thrill to see him again. They did a great job of giving no hint that we'd be seeing him before last night.

I thought the way they handled him was a perfect way to pull Rick out of full-blown craziness. I loved the scene where he was basically arguing with himself when he was trying to convince Morgan to come along. I loved that the fact that Morgan was too far gone. Rick needed to know that, although it is very likely that everyone living in those times has wondered past the previously defined limits of sanity, there is still cuckoo, even there.

I loved the explanation of Duane's fate. They never explained it in the comics, and the fact that it was his own mother who got him was so tragic for all of them. Any parent would blame themselves if something happened to their child, but the fact that Morgan could have ended the threat so long before, or that Duane could have done it himself, but that neither could, makes it so much more heart wrenching for them. It also demonstrates a difference between the worst case scenario and where Rick and Carl are.

"Talking Dead" was great last night, too. They wondered if, after seeing everything they did in town, and realizing the danger of pushing everyone away, if maybe they would have picked up the back packer on the way back. That decision was made for them, though. I loved how they backed up to pick up that pack.

stoopified
3/4/2013, 10:51 AM
One thing I thought about last nite's episode is that Morgan is a genius as well as crazy. The whole passive traps and barriers to kill walkers makes so much more sense than having to fence or block them,then actively close in and kill them with clubs or sabbing weapons or worse shoot them. When you go hand to hand to kill with clubs or by stabbing you risk getting bitten,scratched or outright killed. If you use a gun,you use up ammo,could miss and endanger yourself, and of course the gunfire attracts more zombies.

I say go back to you prison fort,set up punji stakes through the outer fence fire off some guns(in essence ring the dinner bell),.I would supplement with as many other booby traps as the group could think of,and in this instance I'm thinking Merle's twisted brain would come in handy

Of course I guess the first priority iis the Governor and his mob BUT passive defenses would help against them too, after all the VC used a lot of punji stakes on our boys.

You would also think they could have liberated some claymores from an army base,National Guard or Army Reserve Depot.Barring that,what about IED's?

cleller
3/4/2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I guess it was a pretty good way to bring Rick back from the brink of nutzoid land. It also seems to have got Carl and Ninja-girl a little more normal.

ouleaf
3/4/2013, 11:18 AM
Great episode last night. Maybe one of the best of the entire series. I don't think they could have picked a better actor for the part of Morgan. That guy is greatness.

I think with the return of Morgan, its going to be the wake up call Rick needs to bring him back from his spell of craziness. I think Rick saw what could become of himself if he doesn't pull things together and that he, unlike Morgan still has people to fight for and look after in his son and infant daughter. Morgan really is in his own personal Hell at this point and is too far gone with absolutely no one left in his life. He just feels it's his duty for the rest of his days to kill every zombie that comes across his outpost.

While I wish Morgan would have gone back with Rick to the group, I get why he won't. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Morgan, but I fear it may be.

Glad Michonne kind of put that little punk Carl in his place at that diner full of walkers too. Great moment for her character.

achiro
3/4/2013, 11:22 AM
IMO, not a filler but a side storyline.
Gave us some closure on Morgan(may see him again but even if we don't we're good)
Pulled Rick from full blown cray
Rick saw Carl in a different light
A very much needed Rick and Michonne bond starting. (They are very close in a, "I've got your back" kind of way in the books)

Jacie
3/4/2013, 01:46 PM
I think Morgan was not crazy, he was right. We're all screwed and it's just a matter of time.

No one trusts anyone anymore. Rick's group could have accepted the people they just turned out and then there was the hitchhiker. All that happens is the number of people continues to decline as losses mount. They are in a fight that will probably cost them more if not wipe em out. There is no hope.

8timechamps
3/4/2013, 02:58 PM
Loved the episode, and it was just what was needed to bring back the interest (for me anyway).

Morgan's conversation with Rick was one of the best pieces of acting I've seen in a long time. I love how they gave you a glimpse of his craziness (with the traps, writing on the walls, etc.), then made you understand that he wasn't necessarily crazy, just alone and in a way torturing himself for not taking out his wife when he had the chance. I could have watched 2 more hours of Rick and Morgan.

Michonne finally showed a little bit of a human side. I actually started to like her after that episode, and she may have earned her place long term (in Rick's mind).

Good episode.

Pricetag
3/4/2013, 03:23 PM
I think Morgan was not crazy, he was right. We're all screwed and it's just a matter of time.

No one trusts anyone anymore. Rick's group could have accepted the people they just turned out and then there was the hitchhiker. All that happens is the number of people continues to decline as losses mount. They are in a fight that will probably cost them more if not wipe em out. There is no hope.
Yep, I have to agree here. I take back calling Morgan cuckoo. I think what he has become is what anyone would become alone, and a perfect illustration of why that isn't the way to go. He might have helped Michonne as much as he helped Rick.

Pricetag
3/4/2013, 03:30 PM
I don't think they could have picked a better actor for the part of Morgan. That guy is greatness.
Yep, Lennie James is awesome. I loved him as Robert Hawkins in "Jericho." When he showed up in season one, even though I sat alone in the living room watching the show, I had to give out an audible, "YES!"

yankee
3/5/2013, 02:07 AM
Anyone know the songs played at the end of the last two episodes? Chilling endings. I think it's Bob Dylan? Anyway, I've heard a lot of people grumbling about the recent trend of the show. While it may not have a bunch of killing and action, it's extremely interesting and allows some characters (Michonne) to develop and plot lines to unfold (Rick's craziness). I am really excited to see how Merle being back among Rick and company is going to unfold.

TitoMorelli
3/5/2013, 11:06 AM
Anyone know the songs played at the end of the last two episodes? Chilling endings. I think it's Bob Dylan? Anyway, I've heard a lot of people grumbling about the recent trend of the show. While it may not have a bunch of killing and action, it's extremely interesting and allows some characters (Michonne) to develop and plot lines to unfold (Rick's craziness). I am really excited to see how Merle being back among Rick and company is going to unfold.

I think the song at the end of the previous episode (with Beth singing it at first) is by Tom Waits - "Hold On."

yankee
3/5/2013, 11:38 PM
I think the song at the end of the previous episode (with Beth singing it at first) is by Tom Waits - "Hold On."

That's it, thanks!

stoopified
3/11/2013, 09:59 AM
Since a war between Rick's crew and Woodbury is inevitable,I think they need to attack Woodbury first.The first raid proved Woodbury's people are not adept in combat and with Merele on their side posessing intimate knowledge of Woodbury weapons,defenses and personnel attacking makes sense.From a military history standpoint amaller forces fare better in attack mode rather than in static defense. Defemding the prison would be tough for such a small group,even with passive defnses(i.e. booby traps,i.e.d.s).

stoops the eternal pimp
3/11/2013, 10:16 AM
If the governor kills Andrea, I am on his side.

Pricetag
3/11/2013, 12:07 PM
I was mad for a second at Andrea for leaving with the Woodbury folks again, but she has to for the prison folks to have a chance. The Woodbury group has to fracture from within, and only Andrea can cause that. Her getting together with Tyrese will be their doom. If it goes like the preview shows, I can't believe that The Governor wasn't smart enough to keep her away from them.

I had to laugh at Hershel driving to the meeting. I loved it when Daryl called the one guy a *********.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/11/2013, 12:14 PM
I was glad she went back with them..more likely to get killed there..Hopefully.

ouleaf
3/11/2013, 02:22 PM
Hard to follow an episode that was as strong as last weeks, so this one was a bit of a let down. I was hoping for a little more heated dialogue between Rick and the Governor.

Will be interesting to see how many Woodbury folks Andrea can get to conspire against the Governor.

8timechamps
3/11/2013, 05:32 PM
I'm not convinced that the population of Woodbury would go to war for the governor without question. From the looks of things, the majority of the folks in the town are young families and older folks. Not exactly a prototypical army. I know there are some soldier-types, but they're not battle hardened like the prison group, and I'm not sure the soldier-types at Woodbury vastly outnumber the prison group.

I think Andrea is good for the show. I can't stand her, but I think that's part of the interest. Since she was part of the original group, I can't say that I want her to die, but at the same time, I want her to die. Well played writers.

How many opportunities have there already been for someone to put the governor down? Quite a few. What's the hold up? Andrea now knows everything that the governor has done, yet she couldn't find it in herself to stab his neck?! She's ten different kinds of crazy.

I agree with ouleaf, it was a good episode, but not as good as the previous week. Then again, that may have been the best episode of the series.

ouleaf
3/12/2013, 08:32 AM
How many opportunities have there already been for someone to put the governor down? Quite a few. What's the hold up? Andrea now knows everything that the governor has done, yet she couldn't find it in herself to stab his neck?! She's ten different kinds of crazy.

Oh there have been plenty of opportunities for the Governor to be killed off, but there are still 3 more episodes in the season. However, with the main story line of the this season being the Governor, the writers have to string things along until a big battle at the end of the season.

tator
3/13/2013, 09:58 AM

They've also been pimping their soundtrack like crazy. If nothing else, it might help you find some songs you want from the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-1-Various-Artists/dp/B00B7IJDMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1363186649&sr=1-1&keywords=walking+dead+soundtrack

cleller
3/17/2013, 08:38 PM
So Andrea runs off into the post-zombie apocalypse wilderness, but the Gov is twice able to drive up and find her in a truck that's as loud as a jet fuel dragster?

Logically, she has already given up her gun, so she runs indoors instead of into the woods to hide. When she then manages to unleash what looks like certain doom on the Gov, she doesn't even stay to see what happens?

No wonder everyone hates Andrea, the writers leave us no choice.

ouleaf
3/17/2013, 09:59 PM
Glad they devoted the whole episode to the goings on at Woodbury of the Governor, Andrea, Milton and also Tyrese. Still not sure where Tyrese lies in all of this. He still seems skeptical and will be interesting to see what his character and their small group does as they are outsiders on the inside of Woodbury.

I'm guessing it was Milton that set the Walkers on fire but part of me was hoping it was Morgan. Still wondering why he stopped Andrea from shooting the Governor while he was in his torture chamber.

Pricetag
3/18/2013, 09:52 AM
I think Milton didn't let Andrea kill The Governor because he knew it meant certain death for her, too (and probably him as well).

I was surprised to see Milton survive this episode. The Governor is kinda turning into a Bond villain. He knows what the threats are, but chooses to do other things besides end them right away. I know it would have been a pretty cheap death, but I was hoping his head would pop up into Rick's sights there at the end.

Gawd, I hate that dude in Tyrese's group. Loved seeing Tyrese put him in his place.

How cool would it be if it was Morgan who burnt up the walkers? It was definitely his MO, and it never occurred to me. I'd love to see him again. I can't remember if Rick mentioned the town by name to him. If so, it'd be easy enough for him to find.

What the heck are those spinning mechanical things by the walker pit?

I thought we were going to see zombified Andrea there at the end. It would have been a perfectly twisted move for The Governor to leave her there for Rick's folks to discover at their fence. Of course, it would have killed any chance of Rick actually delivering Michonne and walking into his trap.

achiro
3/18/2013, 10:25 AM
The mechanical things are noise makers to attract walkers to fall into the pit.

Pricetag
3/18/2013, 11:56 AM
That makes sense. I kept getting stuck on the idea that they were somehow using the walkers to generate electricity, since those things are so funky looking.

Jacie
3/18/2013, 12:53 PM
That makes sense. I kept getting stuck on the idea that they were somehow using the walkers to generate electricity, since those things are so funky looking.

That's an idea, chain a bunch of walkers to a turnstile rigged to generate electricity, practically a perpetual motion machine.

ouwasp
3/18/2013, 11:31 PM
That whole Gov-chase-Andrea subplot was so full of baloney...

Why didn't Andrea see if she could steal his truck? Or get a rifle out of there and pop the gov when/if he emerged? Or at least flatten a tire or two? And the Gov is able to get within arm's reach of Andrea and grab her without getting stabbed, unlike maybe a dozen other walkers? How far off did he have to park that extra loud truck? And then able to get her quietly back to the far-off truck w/o attracting attention from Rick or a buncha walkers?

Well, it is a Zombie Apocalypse, so I suppose anything is theoretically possible. But that that capture of Andrea was so thin as to be stupid.

achiro
3/19/2013, 08:40 AM
That whole Gov-chase-Andrea subplot was so full of baloney...

Why didn't Andrea see if she could steal his truck? Or get a rifle out of there and pop the gov when/if he emerged? Or at least flatten a tire or two? And the Gov is able to get within arm's reach of Andrea and grab her without getting stabbed, unlike maybe a dozen other walkers? How far off did he have to park that extra loud truck? And then able to get her quietly back to the far-off truck w/o attracting attention from Rick or a buncha walkers?

Well, it is a Zombie Apocalypse, so I suppose anything is theoretically possible. But that that capture of Andrea was so thin as to be stupid.

Agreed, the idea that one guy driving around in a loud truck can find someone on foot is stupid enough but both ending up in that warehouse was beyond belief...unlike dead people walking around biting the living. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
3/19/2013, 08:47 AM
If the Governor would have killed her, I would have had my "Re-elect the Governor" shirt made up...He still has a chance.

SoonerBBall
3/19/2013, 03:59 PM
My favorite part was how she magically kicked over a bucket full of metal (nuts and bolts or something?) and even thought he was inside of a running truck, he magically heard that and was able to pinpoint which one of the MANY GODDAMN BUILDINGS ALL AROUND she was in.

BigTip
3/19/2013, 09:29 PM
Why didn't Andrea see if she could steal his truck? Or get a rifle out of there and pop the gov when/if he emerged? Or at least flatten a tire or two?

They should have had the truck surrounded with zombies as a reason for her not to use it as a resource. Come'on, all the humans are good at knowing how to get resources. Weapon, food, water (all that running!), all sorts of things would be in that truck, even if the keys weren't in it. My whole family said, "That's stupid" when she didn't go to the truck.

colleyvillesooner
3/24/2013, 10:49 PM
Good episode tonight. Basically a full Woodbury episode followed by a full prison episode. Last scene was sad but inevitable. Glad he went out like a champ. Fitting the governor didn't shoot him in the head, letting him change for his brother to find.

Can't wait for next week. The symbolism of Easter being the last episode of a show about the raising of the dead is not a coincidence. ;)

cleller
3/25/2013, 08:13 AM
The only problem being the Hollywood "veil of invincibility" around the Gov. Of course Merle could not shoot him, then the Gov is able to beat Merle to a pulp? Hardly.

yermom
3/25/2013, 08:38 AM
well, with 3 other dudes kicking him first

Tulsa_Fireman
3/25/2013, 08:46 AM
Can't wait for next week. The symbolism of Easter being the last episode of a show about the raising of the dead is not a coincidence. ;)

That never even crossed my mind. Nice catch.

On the episode though, there's no way in hell this ends well. No way. Maybe they abandon the prison and that's the angle. Maybe they decide to take the fight to Woodbury and go out all Superfly TNT. But either way, the sad truth is that the only way the story advances, the only way they avoid another "farm" season is for the group to lose the prison.

Curious as to where it goes next. Comic book-wise, things get really disjointed and scattered after the Woodbury and the Prison survivors clash. I just can't see how whatever happens after the culmination of this season won't be a letdown compared to the Prison arc.

cleller
3/25/2013, 08:58 AM
I guess hoping that they cross some river and discover the bunch that has been holding out at a cheerleading camp is wasted effort.

ouleaf
3/25/2013, 09:48 AM
Solid episode to build to what had better be one heck of a season finale. RIP Merle, you had a great run and went down fighting. Great final scene for Daryl to find Walker Merle, and well acted by Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker. Just adds another person to the list that wants the Governor's head (Daryl, Glen, Maggie, Michonne, Andrea).

Can't wait for next Sunday to get here.

Pricetag
3/25/2013, 10:39 AM
Merle was great this week. From his reckless attempt to deliver Michonne to his reckless (but brilliant) attack on the Woodbury folks, he was coming around. I hope that Daryl was able to deduce what had happened there, so he can go out with the kudos he deserved.

I had to rewind and watch the scene where Daryl discovers Merle again. The close up of walker Merle's eyes was brilliant, and Daryl's reaction was perfect. I was scared for a second that he was going to let himself get killed. I also hope that he doesn't want The Govenor so badly that he gets himself killed this week.

I love it that the son of the one d-bag with Tyrese's group walked in front of the bullet meant for The Governor. I can't wait to see that guy die.

Is the season finale going to run longer? I don't know how they're going to fit everything into an hour.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/25/2013, 07:27 PM
Money says the fight with the Governor runs into next season. There's no way in hell they can tie up all these plot threads in an hour.

8timechamps
3/25/2013, 08:17 PM
I'm convinced (based on what they showed in the previews) that they abandon the prison, and the Woodbury army shows up too late. Since they can't just leave the whole Woodbury story unfinished, they'll circle back around for a final battle.

The way the director put together the Merle death was amazing. The view of him looking up with zombie eyes was perfect.

The best thing about the episode was Ben's death. Did his dad die too? That would be perfect.

ouwasp
3/25/2013, 08:54 PM
Allen is Ben's dad...the d-bag is still alive. In the preview shown on Talking Dead, he's the one reaching over to slide the door open. Hope they have one of Morgan's grenades booby-trapped to that door!

ouleaf
3/26/2013, 08:43 AM
Hope they have one of Morgan's grenades booby-trapped to that door!

Wouldn't it be awesome if they rigged up the prison "Home Alone - Style"? "Keep the change, ya filthy animal"

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2013, 09:58 AM
I like how this new voting schtick will probably lead to more infighting between the group..lots of possibilities of season 4.

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen in the herchel-glenn-Maggie group in the finale.

yermom
3/26/2013, 11:54 AM
yeah, the newlywed/fiance thing seems like a bad sign

colleyvillesooner
3/26/2013, 02:14 PM
The zombies giveth and they taketh away.

sappstuf
3/29/2013, 05:28 AM
Undeniable Proof That "The Walking Dead" And "Toy Story" Have The Exact Same Plot (http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th)

achiro
3/29/2013, 08:22 AM
Watched the talking dead this morning and noticed that Ben is the body that Merle is munching on.

Pricetag
4/1/2013, 02:12 AM
I'd give the finale a "C." I expected better.

I've never watched "Mad Men," but it must be one hell of a show for them to have devoted so much of this hour to commercials for it and other AMC shows. Seriously, was it just me, or were there more commercials than any other episode?

I'm sure the comics folks are howling over the conclusion of the Woodbury arc. I don't personally think they could have done it the same way, but it was a such a huge difference.

I totally bought all the Woodbury folks chickening out once the fur started flying. I totally bought The Governor going off and killing all of them. Allen was a weenie right up to the end, wasn't he? Just stood there and got shot.

Carl taking out the surrenduring kid was probably the best part. He reminded me a lot of Shane, doing something that was wrong before, for a logically-sound reason. He and Rick are pretty far apart right now. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The Milton and Andrea thing was kinda cool. Way too much talking and not enough plier-retrieving went on after he was stabbed, though. Her death didn't move me the way the producers probably expected. Merle's death was far more moving.

I wonder when we'll see The Governor again? He was so crazy mad, I can't believe they didn't head back to the prison, even though there were just three of them. They still had the grenade launcher thingy.

colleyvillesooner
4/1/2013, 07:50 AM
Good episode, terrible finale.

Season long buildup and Rick and the governor don't even really see each other? Governor not in the last third of the episode? Saw this somewhere else, but at least just show the governor watching with binoculars at the end or something.

Glad Andrea is dead though. ;)

cleller
4/1/2013, 08:08 AM
The bit about the Gov mowing down everyone while no one fired back was quite a stretch. My wife (who barely watches) also pointed out the Gov then drove off, leaving all those people's weapons behind. And, where did he go? Where, except Woodbury would he have gone off to? The mall?

Now I guess there will be a bunch of new characters to kill off, though.

If there were a competition with Breaking Bad for the quality of their finale's, Walking Dead didn't compete well.

Jacie
4/1/2013, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed the question posed on Talking Dead, about the old Woodbury people dying in their sleep and waking up in the middle of the night as zombies. Perhaps at Woodbury they made the oldies sleep in a locked room? Would be easy enough to segregate them at night in the prison but the show probably doesn't address that issue.

Pricetag
4/1/2013, 09:32 AM
I've always thought that after everything they've all been through since the apocalypse, I'd be sleeping in a locked cell every night.

ouleaf
4/1/2013, 10:01 AM
I too was hoping for more from the finale. I thought the first 1/3 of the show was pretty great. Showing the governor from the POV of Milton, then him leaving Milton in their to turn and kill Andrea. The anticipation of the Woodbury crew rolling up to the prison and if they had or had not abandoned the prison.

I thought they would have lured more walkers into the prison to ambush the Woodbury folks. I thought it was great for the Governor's character to kill off all of those that fled the prison. Leads me to believe he will go out on the road to recruit a crew that is capable of coming back to challenge the group at the Prison. Thinking that is why he kept those 2 guys alive. I'm sure they'll show the Governor as some sort of tease to ramp up excitement for season 4.

Glad the Andrea storyline is over, there really wasn't anything more for her character after this season anyways. Thought she had a good send off from the show.

Still really wishing someone would put Carl in his place. Little punk needs a wake up call. Wished that runaway he shot had actually attacked him but then Herschel or the girl shoot him.

KABOOKIE
4/1/2013, 11:01 AM
Carl did the right thing. You don't trust someone who just rolled into your camp and would have smiled while standing over your dead body. When they said drop your gun, the kid leaned forward and said here little boy take it. Yeah that's just asking for said punk to grab your gun and use you as a human shield.

Also, Andrea must be the only person who can commit suicide with a revolver and have the shell casing ping-ping-ping on the ground as it ejected...

Pricetag
4/1/2013, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the kid should have dropped the gun like Hershel ordered him to. There was definitely enough moral wiggle room for Carl not to be a monster for doing it. He sure wanted to be back where the action was, though.

Heh, I noticed the sound of the shell, too. I thought Rick had given her the Python, but then questioned it after hearing the sound.

achiro
4/1/2013, 11:23 AM
I think(hope) the sound was suppose to be the gun hitting the floor.

KABOOKIE
4/1/2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, just where exactly is the safety on a Colt Python?

I'm also miffed that the Gov'nah done killed nearly every able bodied person of Woodbury and Rick chooses to take all the old people and babies back to the prison? WTF?

BermudaSooner
4/1/2013, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a pretty good finale--although how do you get handcuffs off with pliers? And why are you not working to get out while talking to Milton? Unable to use pliers and talk at the same time? Glad she's dead though.

KABOOKIE
4/1/2013, 11:41 AM
I think(hope) the sound was suppose to be the gun hitting the floor.

That sound effect was definitely the distinct sound a brass casing makes when dropped on a concrete floor.

KABOOKIE
4/1/2013, 11:43 AM
I thought it was a pretty good finale--although how do you get handcuffs off with pliers? And why are you not working to get out while talking to Milton? Unable to use pliers and talk at the same time? Glad she's dead though.

Yeah pretty stoopid on her part. Plus, Herschle must be the toughest sum bitch on the planet. He gets his calf bit off and Rick saws through his leg and he's up and walking in a few days. Andrea gets a few layers of skin ripped off her shoulder and has to kill herself.

Pricetag
4/1/2013, 11:45 AM
I'm also miffed that the Gov'nah done killed nearly every able bodied person of Woodbury and Rick chooses to take all the old people and babies back to the prison? WTF?
I get why Rick saved the Woodbury survivors. I think he considers it pretty critical to save his own son (and it also seemed to make ghost Lori go away). I didn't get why they didn't slap up an "under new management" sign at Woodbury, though. They had the place pretty heavily fortified, and it certainly looked more comfortable than the prison. I'd think it would be a much better place to try to pull Carl back a bit from the place he's been headed.

Pricetag
4/1/2013, 11:47 AM
Plus, Herschle must be the toughest sum bitch on the planet. He gets his calf bit off and Rick saws through his leg and he's up and walking in a few days. Andrea gets a few layers of skin ripped off her shoulder and has to kill herself.
They caught Hershel right when it happened, though. Andrea was already sick when they found her (Michonne: "You're burning up.")

achiro
4/1/2013, 03:11 PM

Apparently in walking dead world you CAN cut handcuffs with pliers but NOT with a hacksaw.

Fraggle145
4/1/2013, 03:51 PM
I thought she was just wired to the chair. I wasnt thrilled with the episode. How the **** do you leave the governor alive? I think Darryl has taken Andrea's place from the comics. In the comics she eventually became a bit of a bad ***. That was the best thing that happened was her bitch *** dying. Finally we dont have to listen to her annoying *** anymore. I'm also a bit pissed that theyre at the prison. Again. It is going to be just like the farm... a place to suck up time next season instead of moving the action.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/1/2013, 05:13 PM
But what's the next plot point?

As far as the books go, the group takes it in the can at the prison and a lot of those developments were either abandoned or already used. A big part of the post-prison story is the group scattered to the winds, similar to how they were after the farm. So unless you're all about watching another season of the group roaming the roads and dodging zombies, there needs to be more developments from the prison/Woodbury I'd think.

achiro
4/1/2013, 05:38 PM
But what's the next plot point?

As far as the books go, the group takes it in the can at the prison and a lot of those developments were either abandoned or already used. A big part of the post-prison story is the group scattered to the winds, similar to how they were after the farm. So unless you're all about watching another season of the group roaming the roads and dodging zombies, there needs to be more developments from the prison/Woodbury I'd think.
I wonder if later on The Governor will play the part of Negan instead of bringing in a new character?

achiro
4/1/2013, 05:43 PM
I should add that I hope not, the governor needs to die next season.

Fraggle145
4/1/2013, 09:45 PM
I should add that I hope not, the governor needs to die next season.

In the first ****ing episode.

the next plot point was supposed to be how Carl and Rick learn to adapt to each other. Crazy Lori wasnt supposed to arrive until after the prison. Tyrese was supposed to be in the prison. There's a whole nuther town in there that is supposed to get overrun before we get to Negan. Not to mention Morgan's storyline

ouwasp
4/1/2013, 10:14 PM
I'm glad to have an element of hope to end the season. Glad Andrea is dead, just wish her death would have meant something...

The massacre was pretty thin; not a single WB soldier got off a shot in response? Also, any scruples that I thought Martinez might have had are out the window. He watches the Gov massacre his own people, has a loaded Mac 10 and a clear shot at TG, yet sheepishly hops in the back of the pickup. He woulda made a good SS trooper. Disappointed he, the Gov, and Shupert are still among the living.

stoopified
9/12/2013, 05:41 AM
Okay it doesn't return tommorrow,but it does return Oct 13,which is the day after we put down the Bonghorns.

stoopified
10/12/2013, 07:51 AM
OK,now the title is once again accurate.Can't wait for tommorrow to watch .Should be done celebrating yet another W over the Orange Cows.

achiro
10/13/2013, 11:13 PM
That episode was weak

achiro
10/14/2013, 07:18 AM
And do they have Troma films in charge of special effects now?

cleller
10/14/2013, 08:15 AM
That episode was weak

I doth concur, but at least nothing bad happened to any favorites. Is it me, or do things seem more hopeless and impossible now?

In the earlier episodes, there always seemed to be some hope of finding a place to get free for awhile, like at Hershel's farm. Now, they're stuck in a prison surrounded at all times.
I'm sure that is the whole premise of the books/show....

Maggie does have some nice legs, though.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 03:23 PM
I will concur that the episode was weak. Just too much stuff that didn't really advance the story in my opinion. The whole Rick/crazy woman arc was strange. I thought she was going to be Rick's new love interest at first, then it just spiraled into a strange psychopath story, that did absolutely nothing to add to the story.

I did like the group going to the Army refugee camp, that was a little more like the first couple of season. Otherwise, nothing really interesting.

I'm thinking the group won't be long for the prison, and they'll have to move to another place.

stoopified
10/15/2013, 06:22 AM
According to Talking Dead this episode starts abot 6 moths after we last saw our intrepid band of survivors amd this has been a time of relativepeace and security,stability. They have been growing crops and fortifying their position.Apparently a sick kid with the virus is going to disrupt things and set the group in motion. The implication is that maybe the virus is now airborne.

cleller
10/15/2013, 04:22 PM
I ran across a couple of stories with some good behind the scenes info. Apparently, AMC has been battling with the show all along about its high cost per episode, trying to whittle it down some. The first guy, named Frank Darabont was canned in 2011:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449

They are now on their third "showrunner", a man named Scott Gimple, who has worked on the show since season two:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-showrunner-scott-gimple-glen-mazzara-406144

I think it was Gimple on Talking Dead the other night, though I didn't watch it.

Pricetag
10/19/2013, 08:36 PM
Apparently a sick kid with the virus is going to disrupt things and set the group in motion. The implication is that maybe the virus is now airborne.
I sure hope it isn't some kind of special "zombie virus." That would be pretty silly, given a scenario where everyone is infected, and anyone who dies for any reason except severe head trauma rises.

Given a loss of modern sanitation, any number of diseases that we don't think much about would begin to take their toll quickly.

Civilization in such a world is a tradeoff. You want to stick together, but even if you were able to kill all the zombies, all it takes is one person dying privately, and you have a problem.

ouwasp
10/20/2013, 10:37 PM
Wow...what a scene some of our favorite survivors are facing...in The Talking Dead a bit from next week's show was previewed:

Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese, and Bob are in a car, driving somewhere on a mission. Suddenly, a radio broadcast starts coming through in a static-filled manner. As Daryl is distracted by trying to tune it in, they encounter a few walkers on the road. This causes some swerving and eventually the car comes to a stop as the few walkers instantly become a surrounding mob. But the mob is nothing compared to what is just a few hundred yards away... a super-herd of 7500 zombies!

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 04:24 PM
So I'm a little confused about the ending of this weeks episode.

Obviously, someone burned the two bodies. But, from the scene in the cell, it looked like they had turned, so I assumed they were burned to kill and virus that had infected them.

However, in the preview for next week's show, Tyreese wants revenge. Which, makes me think it was someone burning them as a precaution, which is paramount to murder.

Anyone have any thoughts?

ouwasp
10/21/2013, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, someone killed Karen and the other guy. Probably felt the end justified the means. Tyreese now has murder on his mind...

If you want to see all sorts of WD analysis, check out a website called spoilthedead.com

Pricetag
10/22/2013, 10:00 AM
At first, I thought it was the little girl feeding the mice to the walkers at the fence, thus encouraging them to be there, gradually breaking it down. Now that we have the killing and burning of the two sick folks, it's pretty apparent there is someone inside the prison deliberately causing trouble. I wonder if Rick will get blamed, since he was burning the pig pen?

Pricetag
10/22/2013, 10:07 AM
Also, the outbreak of the disease is further proof that the prison group should have moved to Woodbury with the survivors, rather than the other way around.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2013, 11:23 AM
I think it's Bob

Tulsa_Fireman
10/22/2013, 12:23 PM
I think it's Bob

It can't be. The only think that's getting torched around Bob is his defensive line.

*rimshot!*

Pricetag
10/22/2013, 12:25 PM
I keep wanting to call Bob "Derek" because of the character the actor played in The Waterboy.

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 05:29 PM
At first, I thought it was the little girl feeding the mice to the walkers at the fence, thus encouraging them to be there, gradually breaking it down. Now that we have the killing and burning of the two sick folks, it's pretty apparent there is someone inside the prison deliberately causing trouble. I wonder if Rick will get blamed, since he was burning the pig pen?

That thought crossed my mind (Rick getting blamed), but then after the way he acted at the end of this episode, I don't think he'll be questioned. He's clearly back to being bad *** Rick.

This one's tough, because I don't see it being any of the original group, so it's got to be a Woodbury outsider.

stoopified
10/28/2013, 06:55 PM
If I had been given 10 guesses,Carol would not have crossed my mind as the firebug/exterminator. I can't help wondering why kill Karen and the other guy BUT not the other sick pep[le.The only thing that makes sense is that those two had turned leaving Carol no choice.If that was the case why did she do it in secret and not make it known that she didit and why?

8timechamps
10/28/2013, 08:01 PM
If I had been given 10 guesses,Carol would not have crossed my mind as the firebug/exterminator. I can't help wondering why kill Karen and the other guy BUT not the other sick pep[le.The only thing that makes sense is that those two had turned leaving Carol no choice.If that was the case why did she do it in secret and not make it known that she didit and why?

Agreed. I caught me by complete surprise. Even when Rick first started questioning her, I didn't put it together. Not until he asked her.

When Rick was looking at the door frame, and put his hand up to it, I thought it gave the impression that one of the two may have grabbed the door when they were being pulled out, which would mean they were still alive at the time. However, I think there was too much blood for that to be true. I think they died, hadn't turned, and Carol burned the bodies. But, even if they hadn't turned, it's hard to understand why she wouldn't tell the others.

Carol is creepy. I've always thought she was odd. She's one of the original members, and I think he absence would be greatly noticed, but I can't help but think that she may not be long for that world if Tyreese finds out about it (assuming he makes it back).

Pricetag
10/29/2013, 09:54 AM
I don't get how Rick figured out it was Carol. I guess maybe because she had started the education of the children out of personal conviction, and without telling anyone? It just seemed like he pulled it out of thin air, like when Dale figured out that Shane had killed Otis back in season two.

Weren't Karen and the other guy the only two that they knew were sick when they were separated? That would be the only reason why someone could think they could act against them and save everyone else, I think.

8timechamps
10/29/2013, 04:33 PM
I don't get how Rick figured out it was Carol. I guess maybe because she had started the education of the children out of personal conviction, and without telling anyone? It just seemed like he pulled it out of thin air, like when Dale figured out that Shane had killed Otis back in season two.

Weren't Karen and the other guy the only two that they knew were sick when they were separated? That would be the only reason why someone could think they could act against them and save everyone else, I think.

Yeah, it did seem like a bit of a stretch. The only thing I can think is that Rick did seem to spend some time watching her during the last episode, and he mentioned that she would "do anything" to help the folks there (although he formed it in a question).

Like I said, she's creepy.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2013, 09:02 AM
I thought it was obvious Carol was involved pretty quickly and the bloody handprint on the door frame IMO belonged to the supposed killer..I also would not doubt her getting one of the kids involved.

stoopified
10/30/2013, 03:40 PM
On a sidenote , am I the only one who did not realize that Andrew Lincoln was a Brit? I heard him do an interview and damn near fell over when I heard his natural voice.

8timechamps
10/30/2013, 04:02 PM
On a sidenote , am I the only one who did not realize that Andrew Lincoln was a Brit? I heard him do an interview and damn near fell over when I heard his natural voice.

Is he a Brit? I thought he might be Australian. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) is also a Brit, and is very attractive to boot!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2013, 04:44 PM
I watched a movie with the wife called Love Actually several years ago and was surprised he could pull of the southern sheriff role in TWD.

And he is British.

ouleaf
10/31/2013, 03:52 PM
Pretty good season so far. The flu epidemic inside the prison is a great way to really build a lot of drama for this season plus you also have the added suspense of the Governor still at-large.

yermom
10/31/2013, 06:10 PM
i don't remember him in Love Actually.

Charlie Hunnam's accent is really funny as well. seeing him in Undeclared was pretty hilarious after the fact

GDC
10/31/2013, 06:56 PM
Charlie Hunnam's accent is really funny as well. seeing him in Undeclared was pretty hilarious after the fact

He was supposed to be American in Pacific Rim but his accent slipped several times.

yermom
10/31/2013, 08:33 PM
i never saw it, but in the trailers he was very Jax Teller

stoopified
11/3/2013, 10:39 PM
The fact that Lincoln and other actors on the show who are playing Americans but are actually foriegn nationals,I have to ask are their any American actors on this show set and filmed in Gergia? :)

colleyvillesooner
11/4/2013, 09:52 AM
Liked the last episode. Doubt it's the last we see of Carol. especially with the Governor still out here somewhere.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2013, 10:05 AM
Definitely..If a major character is going to go, it's going to be because they were zombie brunch, not Rick's boot.

8timechamps
11/4/2013, 05:35 PM
Agreed. Carol's departure was too sudden to be permanent. As much as they've done to build that character, there's no way she's going out like that. At some point, there will be a time when she and Tyrees conflict over this.

Pretty good episode.

Pricetag
11/8/2013, 05:34 PM
One thing that intrigues me about this show is the different name for the zombies that the different pods of survivors come up with. Our group has called them "walkers" from the very beginning, the Woodbury folks called them "biters," and then the poor couple from last week called them "skin eaters." I always wonder what caused each group to call them that, and if it reveals anything about the character/leadership of the group.

ouwasp
11/10/2013, 11:08 PM
Great episode tonight, best of the season imo. The Governor is about to return to the neighborhood for a little visit...

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/13/2013, 01:19 PM
i would still like to know who was feeding the rats to the walkers. at first i thought maybe it was the governer, but whoever was feeding them had to be from inside the prison. i'm beggning the think that wierd girls who wants to treat the walkers like people, has been doing it.

maybe the governor has someone on the inside? i dunno. is it sunday yet?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2013, 04:59 PM
I agree.. I think it's the little crazy girl that tried to lure that one over in the last episode that fed them rats.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2013, 02:59 PM
Thoughts on last night's episode?

I knew eventually we would have an episode dedicated to the governor, but the family thing was a good wrinkle.

ouwasp
11/18/2013, 03:27 PM
Do you think the Gov was driving Lily's family to the prison? They drove off as if they were driving randomly; "Where the roads and biters let us go", yet he was headed toward the Woodbury/Prison area. Woodbury was no longer standing...

So was the Gov so intent on keeping his new family safe that he was willing to deliver them to Rick and Co?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2013, 04:03 PM
I think he was headed towards the prison..I also think at some point, he will off the women once his relationship with the girl gets too weird.

ouleaf
11/18/2013, 04:27 PM
Great episode to see what happened to the Governor after the attack on the Prison from the end of last season. I think he was looking at the new family with the 3 girls as a new life. He destroyed Woodbury, he burned the picture of his old family, told them his name was Brian, was with people who didn't associate himself with his past, etc. I think he had really said goodbye to his old life.

That all could have changed though the moment he looked up from that pit and saw Martinez and his old life came crashing right back. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Great season so far!

TFSooner
11/19/2013, 01:20 PM
I too think that the Governor had said goodbye to his old life and was on his way to making a new one with the 3 girls. However, with the reintroduction of Martinez, and the teasers for next week's episode, I think the old Governor will (slowly?) return as a power struggle develops between him and Martinez. Then, something bad will happen to this new group and he will blame Rick/prison people. He will then seek them out and that's when we'll see him outside the prison fence alone and seething with new found hatred.

stoopified
11/20/2013, 08:53 AM
Personall did not care for THE GOVERNOR episode.Personally I think he will return to his homicidal self shortly.

cleller
11/22/2013, 09:24 AM
Anyone bugged by the plodding pace, and reliance on too much time spent indoors on sets and pointless dialogue? After reading that AMC has run off the last two guys running the show for spending too much, I think we're seeing the result.

Pricetag
11/22/2013, 09:53 AM
I'll be really interested to see how quickly he gets revenge on Martinez. He has to blame him for being abandoned, and can't respect him. If Martinez had any backbone at all, he'd never have gone along with The Governor after the massacre of the Woodbury army.

I guess I need to read the Governor novels. The Walking Dead Facebook page said that this arc is inspired by them.

achiro
11/22/2013, 10:54 AM
Anyone bugged by the plodding pace, and reliance on too much time spent indoors on sets and pointless dialogue? After reading that AMC has run off the last two guys running the show for spending too much, I think we're seeing the result.

Yes, the entire season could have easily been one episode. I keep hearing, "great season so far" and I completely disagree. If the show he started out like this it wouldn't have lasted 2 seasons.

stoopified
11/25/2013, 09:19 AM
Not a fan of The Govenor episodes.Ready to get the focus back on the intrepid group of survivors we have come to know so well. I'm hoping now that the Gov is outside the prison that this is about to happen.

landrun
12/1/2013, 10:11 PM
So they killed off Hershel.
I was beginning to think that Rick was going to get killed by the governor too.

Glad to see the governor finally dead. Maybe the show will get back to being a little more interesting.

dwarthog
12/2/2013, 10:30 AM
Well, that certainly scrambled the playing field just a bit. Too bad about Hershel, but the Governor finally got it, twice....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2013, 10:37 AM
I would have liked to see him turn first..

Pricetag
12/2/2013, 11:34 AM
It's been a very interesting journey since the first battle against The Governor. The Woodbury assault at the end of Season 3 was so much different than the comics, and then the culmination last night ended up being very similar to them.

I enjoyed the Governor mini-arc. I liked seeing that maybe there was a nugget of good left in him, and then the inevitable fall. I guess he was just the type of guy who went nuts trying to protect those he loved, and had no problem doing terrible things in pursuit of it.

What did Daryl say to Beth (or was it Maggie?) when she was telling him about the bus? I rewound it several times and still couldn't make it out. Was he saying he wasn't coming back to the group?

Tyrese still doesn't know that Carol was the one who killed his woman, but her work with the kids saved his life. I loved the girl looking in horror at what they were doing when she saw the armed kids, then getting shot in the head. I wonder where they went afterward? It didn't seem like they were following Tyrese's orders. I hope they don't have Judith. Still a major creep vibe from the oldest girl.

I wonder if Michonne took her? The way she held her when Beth forced her to take her the one time makes me wonder if that maternal instinct (obviously a backstory here) took over again.

I hope Lilly really put The Governor down. I wonder if Hershel's zombie head is still lying out in the field?

dwarthog
12/2/2013, 12:12 PM
I would have liked to see him turn first..

I had that same thought, then his "new" lady friend walked up and put him down. A reasonable alternative...

achiro
12/2/2013, 12:50 PM
Well part one of this season was slow and lame until last night where it got back on track and back pretty close to the comic story line. I look forward to seeing what they do with introduction of the new characters in the next few episodes.

TFSooner
12/2/2013, 01:29 PM
I hope Lilly really put The Governor down. I wonder if Hershel's zombie head is still lying out in the field?

On the Talking Dead, they included the Governor on their list of the departed, so yeah, he's gone. I wondered the same thing about Hershel's head. Probably won't show it but it could be (would be?) laying in the field chomping on the grass.

Pricetag
12/2/2013, 02:21 PM
TV-Hershel got comics-Dale's amputation, and comics-Tyrese's death. Poor guy.

stoopified
12/2/2013, 05:33 PM
I agree with Scott Wilson,killing Herschel off is a mistake. That said last nite was my favorite episode in a long time. The Governor is dead,may he rot in TV hell. Great episode,my favorite this season.

ouleaf
12/3/2013, 01:44 PM
I think the writing was on the wall that Herschel would not make it much longer as he had a lot of important, memorable scenes tending to the people with the flu. Kind of felt the Governor's death was a bit of a let down. Almost wish he was the one that was beheaded by Michonne and left to be just a walker head. Thought that would have been a fitting ending since he used to have the walker head aquariums. Thought overall it was a great first half of the season. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

I have not read the comics, but hope to one day. At this point I prefer to just be surprised and not have any advanced knowledge.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/3/2013, 05:44 PM
On the Talking Dead, they included the Governor on their list of the departed, so yeah, he's gone. I wondered the same thing about Hershel's head. Probably won't show it but it could be (would be?) laying in the field chomping on the grass.

Nah, remember the Governor coming around the car with the sword after he whacked Hershel in the neck?

He wailed on his brain multiple times. No afterlife hot zombie action for Hershel.

ouwasp
12/4/2013, 12:02 AM
I wish Lily had just lowered the pistol and let the wounded Gov become walker chow. That would have been very satisfying. As it was, there were some zombies almost upon him...so they had a nice meal of horse's ***.

Wonder where Michonne took off to? Did she pick up Judith or was it Lizzie's gang? If Baby Judith were indeed dead, they would have shown the bloody baby carrier on Talking Dead, don't you think?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2013, 09:26 AM
I don't think walkers can undo car seat straps and take a baby out..So, I am ruling that out.

TFSooner
12/4/2013, 01:02 PM
Nah, remember the Governor coming around the car with the sword after he whacked Hershel in the neck?

He wailed on his brain multiple times. No afterlife hot zombie action for Hershel.

Was he wailing on the head/brain? I thought he was just finishing the decapitation? Oh well, like I said, they probably would not show Hershel's head lying there chomping on the grass anyway. He's gone, may he rest in peace in Walking Dead heaven.

ouwasp
2/9/2014, 09:11 PM
welp, Season 4 part two is up...

yermom
2/10/2014, 08:01 AM
Was he wailing on the head/brain? I thought he was just finishing the decapitation? Oh well, like I said, they probably would not show Hershel's head lying there chomping on the grass anyway. He's gone, may he rest in peace in Walking Dead heaven.

Or not...

TFSooner
2/10/2014, 01:20 PM
Or not... Yep. I was totally surprised when this episode showed Hershel's zombie-head laying in the grass. And then even more surprised when Michonne finished it off. Oh well, just further proves that no character is safe from anything.

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2014, 01:26 PM
Yep. I was totally surprised when this episode showed Hershel's zombie-head laying in the grass. And then even more surprised when Michonne finished it off. Oh well, just further proves that no character is safe from anything.

No surprise that Michonne finished off Hershel's zombie head - an act of respect for the real Hershel.

ouwasp
2/10/2014, 08:04 PM
I wish Michonne's dream had provided more answers than questions. Wonder how long the three of them will hole up before they feel compelled to search out their friends?

Woulda been nice to see the Gov's corpse being scavenged by a pack of starving zombies.

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2014, 09:07 PM
Woulda been nice to see the Gov's corpse being scavenged by a pack of starving zombies.

That's the way I felt. The Gov was so wound up in a power-trip and mind games, he seemed to forget the zombies were a threat and not just a means to power. That should have been his downfall.

stoopified
2/11/2014, 08:51 AM
On a sidenote,I have always thought the Michonne character was hot,in a post-apocalyptic kind of way but the sctress who plays her is smokin hot in every way.Accent sounds like yet another Brit. Are there any Americans on this show? :)

I guess Hollywood is outsourcing American jobs,too. WTH,everybodys doing it,just ask Dave from customer service. :D

Pricetag
2/11/2014, 10:55 AM
No surprise that Michonne finished off Hershel's zombie head - an act of respect for the real Hershel.
I liked the way her hand lingered for a second when she was pulling the sword out.

I was glad to get visual confirmation on The Governor's demise.

I thought Michonne's dream sequence was very well done. At first, it looked like a flashback, and then we see her putting the sword back in the knife block after chopping up the veggies, then we see her man get noticably haggard looking, then we see both guys with no arms, and her gripping the space where her boy was. So sad.

I was wrong on the guess that she had Judith.

Wishboned
2/11/2014, 11:38 AM
On a sidenote,I have always thought the Michonne character was hot,in a post-apocalyptic kind of way but the sctress who plays her is smokin hot in every way.Accent sounds like yet another Brit. Are there any Americans on this show? :)

I guess Hollywood is outsourcing American jobs,too. WTH,everybodys doing it,just ask Dave from customer service. :D

She was born in Iowa, and moved to Zimbabwe when she was five. Every time I've heard her I haven't noticed an accent.

BigTip
2/11/2014, 10:34 PM
I was not impressed with this episode. What actually transpired? Michonne and Carl walking around. Whoop dee doo.
Don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan of the series. I was just disappointed in this show. Especially after waiting weeks for it!

Tulsa_Fireman
2/11/2014, 11:01 PM
Straight from the book.

And while it connects Rick & Carl with Michonne, I think it's necessary to stop and touch this for a minute, even if it's just to put a nice lil' bow on all the coming-of-age stuff Carl experienced in the prison. It somewhat resets the relationship between Rick and Carl, re-establishes the link between Carl and Michonne, and cements the bond between Michonne and her place in this new world. It doesn't necessarily change the dynamic, but it definitely establishes the setting for the 2nd half. Nice to see that through it all, the group has started to come back together.

The question I got, even moreso with the episode coming straight from the book, is what's next. Do we see the Wiltshire Estates arc? The Hunters? Heard that Abraham was cast, so that plays toward that arc. Either way, it's gonna be great.

SoonerBBall
2/12/2014, 02:59 PM
I think they'll have the Rick, Carl, and Michonne meet Abraham and crew on the way to Wiltshire Estates. It seems like a natural progression.

8timechamps
2/12/2014, 07:40 PM
I was not impressed with this episode. What actually transpired? Michonne and Carl walking around. Whoop dee doo.
Don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan of the series. I was just disappointed in this show. Especially after waiting weeks for it!

I was surprised they spent the entire episode on just those three (really just the two, as Rick was out most of it). However, I think it was a lesson Carl greatly needed, and I'm not sure they could have made it resonate if they had spent any less time on him. Also, I think it answered some question about Michonne, and where she is mentally. When she first passed Rick's tracks in the mud, I figured she was "done" (at least for a few episodes), but then it kind of clicked for her and her efforts were rewarded (in finding Rick and Carl).

I don't think Judith is gone. There was only a small amount of blood on the car seat, and at one point I thought she was already on the bus. I hope they go back and clarify what exactly happened with the bus group, because that was a cluster ****.

yermom
2/12/2014, 09:47 PM
watch the spoilers, bitches ;)

GDC
2/12/2014, 10:11 PM
Does anyone watch "The Talking Dead" show that comes on after?

ouleaf
2/14/2014, 12:09 PM
thought it was a good episode. I find the kid playing Carl to be extremely frustrating at this point. I don't think he is a very good actor but then again pretty much every 12-13 year old boy is a pain in the ***, annoying idiot. So on the other side maybe he is a brilliant actor because that is how his character is making me feel about him.

It looks like what they are setting up is each episode for the next few weeks to focus on the different groups that got out of the prison together and probably at some point they will start to come back together again.

Kind of nice to see more of the backstory to Michonne and to watch her snap back from almost shutting down again and to go it alone with her zombie pets again. the moment where she finds Rick and Carl was great. That lady is a great actor.

BigTip
2/15/2014, 12:28 PM
Does anyone watch "The Talking Dead" show that comes on after?

Yes. Usually very entertaining. Except when Maryilyn Mason is on!

stoopified
2/16/2014, 05:25 PM
Does anyone watch "The Talking Dead" show that comes on after? I do most weeks. I like the behind the scenes stuff.I also enjoy shows for main characters who are killed off.As I said in an earlier post,I agree with Scott Wilson,killing off Herschel was a mistake.

My personal favprite charcters are Glen and Maggie.

Pricetag
2/17/2014, 10:19 AM
What did Daryl say to Beth (or was it Maggie?) when she was telling him about the bus? I rewound it several times and still couldn't make it out. Was he saying he wasn't coming back to the group?

It's funny, on the "Previously, on 'The Walking Dead'" segment last night, they showed this part again, and it was clear as day. "We gotta go, Beth." I don't know why I couldn't hear it on the first go round.

So, Tyrese ended up with Judith, probably via Lizzie and the other little girl. Thank God Carol showed up--Lizzie seemed a real threat to her life--reminds me a lot of the one twin from the comics.

I can't believe they didn't send the middle-aged dude on his way after the walker attack by the tracks. Daryl and Beth ended up having to take him out later on down the line. Seems to me in this world, it is in your own best interest to let them take themselves out, or do it yourself when you can see that they are done for and bound to rise again.

I wonder what happened on the bus? Since none of the main folks seemed to make it in there, I guess we'll never know.

It's cool to see Abraham. I really like the casting there.

ouwasp
2/17/2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I was surprised they didn't offer to put him down...or that the plaid shirt guy did not off himself. As for the bus, it rec'd quite a number of gun shots. Those passengers that died turned rather quickly, and the bus buffet was on. You figure at least one of the doors would have been opened. Or for that matter some of the Windows woulda been shot out. But the way it was presented allowed Maggie assurance that Glenn was not on the Death Bus.

stoopified
2/18/2014, 01:31 PM
Is it Sunday yet? I'm ready to get going.

BigTip
2/19/2014, 12:57 PM
Finally watched it today.
Much better episode. Now I feel the ride has started!

8timechamps
2/19/2014, 07:19 PM
Gotta wonder if Rick will tell Tyreese about Carol now. It'd be easy to just "leave the past in the past", and move on....but, something tells me Rick can't let that happen, and there will be a showdown eventually.

Anyway, how the hell did Glenn end up where he ended up? Was it because he was still sick, and he just passed out? Like I said, I hope they go back and recount how things went down when everyone took off.

I'm not really excited about the new character (Sarah?). She just seems weak to me. Guess we'll see.

ouwasp
2/19/2014, 08:17 PM
New girl is "Tara"...we'll see how she does...not sold on her either.

That was cheesy about Glenn. He left the bus, ever-devoted to his Maggie. Got trapped on the cat-walk when the tank blasted it. Whether they ever show us or not, or just have him tell Maggie when they reunite, remains to be seen. Cheaper for AMC to just have him tell her, and they like to do things cheap. Did you see all those car and bus windows being shattered by bullets during the battle? Neither did I.

Oh, the deal with Carol will have to come out. Too much drama and torn feelings to indulge in.

My question is how long until Lizzie is made known to the others as as homicidal nutcase?

8timechamps
2/20/2014, 04:01 PM
New girl is "Tara"...we'll see how she does...not sold on her either.

That was cheesy about Glenn. He left the bus, ever-devoted to his Maggie. Got trapped on the cat-walk when the tank blasted it. Whether they ever show us or not, or just have him tell Maggie when they reunite, remains to be seen. Cheaper for AMC to just have him tell her, and they like to do things cheap. Did you see all those car and bus windows being shattered by bullets during the battle? Neither did I.

Oh, the deal with Carol will have to come out. Too much drama and torn feelings to indulge in.

My question is how long until Lizzie is made known to the others as as homicidal nutcase?

Ah, Tara! We'll see how she develops, but it'll have to be pretty amazing for me to like her (interestingly enough, I was put-off by her on the Talking Dead...weird).

Now that you mention it, I'm sure we'll only get a brief first person account of how things went down at the prison. That's funny about the windows, I hadn't thought about that, but I did take note of random people getting shot that we hadn't seen prior to the firefight.

Lizzie is possibly more disturbing than the zombies at this point.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/21/2014, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

Pricetag
2/21/2014, 05:39 PM
The walker at the end with the enthusiastic, "Hey!" cracks me up.

8timechamps
2/22/2014, 09:46 PM
The Bad Lip Reading folks can put me in an instant good mood!

Pricetag
2/26/2014, 05:55 PM
I've seen the whole scenario done before, but my heart was in my throat when Rick was under the bed and then trying to get out of the house.

It was also very suspenseful when Michonne was exploring the pink bedroom. I've seen a baby zombie once in the Dawn of the Dead remake. Don't want to see one again.

Abraham and his gang are probably the best dead-on visual representations of their comics counterparts. They really nailed Eugene with him shooting up the truck and then not seeming overly apologetic when he offered his logical explanation.

achiro
3/10/2014, 10:50 AM
So only 3 episodes left this season? Seriously, WTF?!?!

8timechamps
3/10/2014, 04:43 PM
So, it seems like most (if not all) are going to end up at Terminus. I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what to expect, but it's going to be interesting to see how that whole thing works out.

Last night was fairly boring to me, but the part involving Daryl was really pretty good. I almost got the feeling that at the end, he just accepted the gang, and felt like he just met someone just like Merle. It almost felt like he didn't really want to join them, but went back to the "I'll just blend in with like people" mentality. Of course, I could be reading way too much into a small scene.

Pricetag
3/11/2014, 10:43 AM
I'm intrigued by Terminus. The name and M.O. (the signs encouraging folks to come) don't match any of the communities in the comics.

I think it was survival of the smartest for Daryl. He didn't have any hope of overpowering those guys, and pretending to join them would give him a chance to see if they were the folks who took Beth.

TFSooner
3/11/2014, 12:34 PM
So what is everyone's best guess as to who took Beth? I haven't read the comics so have no idea of any plots, but my guess would be whoever was staying in the funeral home and/or the owner of the dog. Why they would do it? I haven't a clue.

ouleaf
3/11/2014, 05:06 PM
I hadn't even thought of the idea of someone had taken Beth off in that car that drove away. I just assumed it was her driving off. That has me intrigued now.

There really are a lot of storylines going on right now with not a lot of season left. I'm thinking that is a good thing and we'll have a lot of action-packed episodes leading up to the finale.

8timechamps
3/11/2014, 05:40 PM
So what is everyone's best guess as to who took Beth? I haven't read the comics so have no idea of any plots, but my guess would be whoever was staying in the funeral home and/or the owner of the dog. Why they would do it? I haven't a clue.

My first thought (after the episode) was that the gang took her, because they showed up where Daryl found the cross-roads. But, the more I think about it, I don't think they would be wandering around if they had a car (and probably a woman). So, I think it's someone we haven't seen yet, and I think she's going to end up at Terminus. I think in the frenzy of zombie activity, she took off for the car (and dropped her bag). I think Daryl finding her bag as the car was screeching off was meant to make us think she was abducted, but I think she went to get away from the zombies. Then again, she would probably fight to get back and rescue Daryl, so that may not be correct. As always, I have no idea.

Pricetag
3/12/2014, 10:28 AM
I was a little confused by the bodies in the funeral home. Daryl seemed to assume that they were dead walkers that the person had prepared like they would a normal body, but couldn't they have been bodies that were prepared before the apocalypse, and that they had just decayed?

I think when the dog first appeared, it was the owner of the house checking it out. When evidence was found that there was someone in there, I think the owner lured all those walkers to the door, and then took the still-gimpy Beth when she came out.

dwarthog
3/12/2014, 10:34 AM
When Daryl and Beth first arrived at that house, they commented on how it looked so "pristine" which makes one wonder if it wasn't used as a trap of some sort. The dog showing up and then running off instead of taking a handout. The walkers get past their warning system and Beth getting snatched while Daryl is battling the walkers.

Should be interesting.

TFSooner
3/12/2014, 12:41 PM
I was a little confused by the bodies in the funeral home. Daryl seemed to assume that they were dead walkers that the person had prepared like they would a normal body, but couldn't they have been bodies that were prepared before the apocalypse, and that they had just decayed?

I think when the dog first appeared, it was the owner of the house checking it out. When evidence was found that there was someone in there, I think the owner lured all those walkers to the door, and then took the still-gimpy Beth when she came out.

If the bodies were prepared prior to the apocalypse, would they not have "turned" and been out wandering around?

I agree that the dog/home owner was checking out who was in the home. Lures zombies to front door to get rid of visitors and takes Beth. Again why they would do that and not return, don't know. If it were Beth driving away, I just don't see it. Her character is really attached to Daryl at this point and would not have left like that.

Speaking of that, what did Daryl yell at her as the zombies first came in the home? Was get out the window? Or get outside? How did she escape? I forgot to rewatch it!

8timechamps
3/12/2014, 07:31 PM

Wasn't there at least one body on the table in the basement when Daryl went down there? I'm assuming the embalming process would destroy the brains ability to 're-activate'.

If it was the owner that took Beth, I wonder where else they would be going?

ouwasp
3/12/2014, 08:30 PM
Daryl had no choice but to join with the Marauders...unless he was willing to die. That's the same group Rick had his brush with; wonder if they're tracking Rick, Michonne, and Carl?

As for Beth, have you ever seen so bunch blatant foreshadowing? "You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, Daryl Dixon" or "I'm getting pretty good at this, soon I won't even need you around..."

If the next time we see Beth, she's a walker, I'm gonna be pizzed. She's too sweet for that. Hope she is able to escape and get hooked up with her old group. Which is taking too long to do, overall, I might add.

Pricetag
3/13/2014, 03:39 PM
If the bodies were prepared prior to the apocalypse, would they not have "turned" and been out wandering around?

It would depend on when they died, I think. We have practically no details on how the thing happened, but there has to be a line in time prior to which, the dead stayed dead, and after which they rise again. We haven't seen zombies boiling up out of the ground like we see in some non-Romero stories.

In a place like a funeral home, it's pretty likely that they had bodies in house before that point in time, and once it hit the fan, they'd be left there.

8timechamps
3/13/2014, 03:47 PM
Daryl had no choice but to join with the Marauders...unless he was willing to die. That's the same group Rick had his brush with; wonder if they're tracking Rick, Michonne, and Carl?

As for Beth, have you ever seen so bunch blatant foreshadowing? "You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, Daryl Dixon" or "I'm getting pretty good at this, soon I won't even need you around..."

If the next time we see Beth, she's a walker, I'm gonna be pizzed. She's too sweet for that. Hope she is able to escape and get hooked up with her old group. Which is taking too long to do, overall, I might add.

I didn't realize it was the same gang from earlier. Did Rick get a look at any of them (other than the one that was knocked out when he was under the bed, and the one he killed)? If so, that'll make an interesting meeting at some point down the line.

They've done a good job developing Beth, and prior to this season, I didn't really have an opinion on her one way or another. Now, I really like her and hope they don't kill her off!

ouwasp
3/13/2014, 07:50 PM
I didn't realize it was the same gang from earlier. Did Rick get a look at any of them (other than the one that was knocked out when he was under the bed, and the one he killed)? If so, that'll make an interesting meeting at some point down the line.

They've done a good job developing Beth, and prior to this season, I didn't really have an opinion on her one way or another. Now, I really like her and hope they don't kill her off!

I don't know that Rick saw anyone else. He did see the Vietnam-era flash suppressor on the M-16 as its owner prowled around. And they made a point of featuring that rifle when they crowded around Daryl. The guy Daryl was talking to is the one that was on the front porch when Rick made his get-away. I figure Daryl is with that group to be a hero again and save Team Rick. And I'm hoping Beth will be safe for now, just speculation based on...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2014, 10:22 AM

It seemed like it was the same voice as the leader that met up with Daryl.

Pricetag
3/14/2014, 10:51 AM
Yep, it's the same guy. I recognize him from playing scumbags in action B-movies. I think he's been in one or two of Boz's flicks from the '90s.

Wishboned
3/16/2014, 10:44 PM
Tonight's episode was one of the most, if not the most, disturbing episodes ever. In my opinion.

Pricetag
3/17/2014, 12:43 AM
One of the best, too.

Wow. I never expected to have so much empathy for Lizzie in the end. It's easy to kill the people who do awful things and mean harm. Not so much when no harm was meant. I wouldn't have been able to do what Carol did. Even if I had gone out with the intention of doing it, once the sincere remorse (even if it was over the wrong act) and fear of disapproval started, I just couldn't have.

I was glad to see Tyreese forgive Carol for the killings at the prison, but he also kind of owed her. He knew what needed to be done with Lizzie, and he couldn't have done it, either.

The intro to the show was crazy. Seeing the burner going, I immediately assumed we were seeing a pre-apocalypse flashback. I knew there was something wrong about the movement of the chaser, but I didn't want to think it was a walker. Coupled with the song, it was just a really eerie start to a really twisted episode.

I had to watch "Talking Dead" immediately after tonight's episode. You can tell Melissa McBride is an attractive woman in character, but she really cleans up well. She seemed so emotional about the whole thing, almost like she was sorry to have had to play a character who had to do something like that.

yermom
3/17/2014, 05:44 AM
i kinda knew Mika wasn't going to make it when Carol said she "didn't have a mean bone in her body" describing her like Sophie

that one was pretty rough. made me think of "tell me about the rabbits, George"

Wishboned
3/17/2014, 10:36 AM
I had to watch "Talking Dead" immediately after tonight's episode. You can tell Melissa McBride is an attractive woman in character, but she really cleans up well. She seemed so emotional about the whole thing, almost like she was sorry to have had to play a character who had to do something like that.

She was very emotional through the show. Like it was taking all she had just to keep it together.

TFSooner
3/17/2014, 12:46 PM
I was glad to see Tyreese forgive Carol for the killings at the prison, but he also kind of owed her. He knew what needed to be done with Lizzie, and he couldn't have done it, either.

I think he also realized he couldn't protect Judith by himself and needed Carol for the trip to Terminus.

8timechamps
3/17/2014, 05:23 PM
No question, last night's episode was the most gut wrenching one to date. I thought the Sophia episode was bad, but nothing compared to last night.

Somehow, Carol has managed to separate killing from remaining a kind person. She was able to kill Karen and David to protect the group, and now she's killed Lizzie for what amounts to the same reason. In that world, anyone that isn't healthy enough to take care of themselves, is a liability to the others. In Lizzie's case, Carol (and Tyreese) realized they could never leave her unattended (or sleep) without the fear that she would kill someone, and since she couldn't be cast out, Carol saw that as the only viable option. I couldn't have done it, but post-apocalyptic Carol has figured out a way to do those kinds of things and chalk it up to "surviving".

I knew the minute Tyreese said "we could live here" something bad was going to happen. Then, when Carol seemed to agree, it was only a matter of time. I was NOT expecting Lizzie to kill her sister (I can't think of her name right now).

One of the best, too.

Wow. I never expected to have so much empathy for Lizzie in the end. It's easy to kill the people who do awful things and mean harm. Not so much when no harm was meant. I wouldn't have been able to do what Carol did. Even if I had gone out with the intention of doing it, once the sincere remorse (even if it was over the wrong act) and fear of disapproval started, I just couldn't have.

The intro to the show was crazy. Seeing the burner going, I immediately assumed we were seeing a pre-apocalypse flashback. I knew there was something wrong about the movement of the chaser, but I didn't want to think it was a walker. Coupled with the song, it was just a really eerie start to a really twisted episode.

I never, not once, thought she was attractive, until last night. She's a very pretty woman, but I don't think it's ever come through on the show. Maybe because she was introduced as a weakling. But, you're right, she really cleans up well.

8timechamps
3/17/2014, 05:24 PM
Oh and, it looks we probably aren't going to see the group re-united and/or Terminus this season.

Wishboned
3/17/2014, 08:26 PM
I never, not once, thought she was attractive, until last night. She's a very pretty woman, but I don't think it's ever come through on the show. Maybe because she was introduced as a weakling. But, you're right, she really cleans up well.

I never thought she was attractive either until I saw her on Talking Dead.

ouleaf
3/18/2014, 11:04 AM
Great episode! They tie a lot of storylines up though in this one episode. While I'm not sure if the whole group will be reunited by the end of the season, you would think at least one of the mini-groups will make it to Terminus by season's end.

They made a good point on Talking Dead about the likelihood of the charred walkers were from the house that Daryl and Beth set ablaze. So it makes you wonder about just how close/spread out everyone is from one another.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/18/2014, 01:40 PM
Tyreese needs to die.. Inside taking care of a baby while Carol is out doing man's work..

Dallasbabe
3/18/2014, 03:38 PM
you need to learn how to do mans work

stoopified
3/24/2014, 06:14 AM
Glac to see Glen and Maggie reunite. There will be fireworks when the group Darrell is with meets up with Rick,question I have is did they see Rick and wil they recognize him? Is Terminus aggod place to be? I dunno why but that place creeps me out.

yermom
3/24/2014, 06:24 AM
Hadn't seen Denise Crosby in a while...

Something is not quite right about that place

dwarthog
3/24/2014, 07:24 AM
Agreed, something definitely seems amiss with that place.

TFSooner
3/24/2014, 12:32 PM
Glac to see Glen and Maggie reunite. There will be fireworks when the group Darrell is with meets up with Rick,question I have is did they see Rick and wil they recognize him? Is Terminus aggod place to be? I dunno why but that place creeps me out.

When Darrell and his new group were walking along the tracks, the leader said that so-and-so got a look at the guy that was in the house and that strangled the other member and left him to turn on them. So, yes, there is the potential for this group to recognize Rick and cause lots of problems.

I agree that something does not seem right about Terminus. They walked through two unlocked gates, walked past vegetables growing in planters, and only one person there who greeted them with a silly smile. Why is no one else around? How do unlocked gates keep out walkers? Even some of the sneak peaks seemed to indicate that it was not a harmless place. And, as I said to my daughter, if it were a safe sanctuary and there was nothing to worry about, then next season is pretty boring.... we'll see Rick back becoming a farmer, Maggie and Glenn will start a nice family, Michone will become Carl's surrogate mom and teach him proper table etiquette. Boring stuff and not what Walking Dead fans want. So yes, it either is or will become unsafe for the group.

Pricetag
3/24/2014, 01:08 PM
Hadn't seen Denise Crosby in a while...

Something is not quite right about that place
Whoa, I didn't recognize her at all. I guess I still expected to see the short blonde 'do from the '90s.

Joe is almost a likeable guy in some respects. The sense of integrity involved with their few simple rules makes them a more endearing group than some of the other smaller bands we've seen, kinda. Comics spoiler: He's kinda like Negan in that way.

I have a feeling they tend to "claim" stuff that is someone else's, and do anything necessary to get it, though. Daryl chose Rick over his own brother though, so I don't think there will be any question of his allegiance when the guy who was getting choked out makes Rick when they cross paths.

I have to fix my DVR recording for this show. When it switches from recording the show to recording "Talking Dead," it always causes me to lose most of the preview of next week's episode.

8timechamps
3/24/2014, 09:46 PM
Whoa, I didn't recognize her at all. I guess I still expected to see the short blonde 'do from the '90s.

Joe is almost a likeable guy in some respects. The sense of integrity involved with their few simple rules makes them a more endearing group than some of the other smaller bands we've seen, kinda. Comics spoiler: He's kinda like Negan in that way.

I have a feeling they tend to "claim" stuff that is someone else's, and do anything necessary to get it, though. Daryl chose Rick over his own brother though, so I don't think there will be any question of his allegiance when the guy who was getting choked out makes Rick when they cross paths.

I have to fix my DVR recording for this show. When it switches from recording the show to recording "Talking Dead," it always causes me to lose most of the preview of next week's episode.

I actually found myself liking Joe during last night's episode. He's able to lead in a way that the (probably former outlaw) gang clearly understands, and when he said to Daryl that there were "still rules", it put a likable spin on what otherwise wasn't a very likable character. I think he'll be around for a while (I haven't read the comics), and in a weird way he could be good for Daryl. I also really thought the line "There's nothing more sad than an outdoor cat that think's it's an indoor cat" was perfect as it related to Daryl.

If you get a chance to see the previews for next week, come back and post your comments on Terminus. That place is definitely NOT what it appears to be, and that should make for an interesting series ender.

Speaking of the previews, I wonder what's going on with Rick? He looked just like he did when Lori died, crazy and detached. Wonder what that's about? I hope he doesn't go into another tailspin, that was rough and given the nature of his leadership ability, really hurt the group.

Wishboned
3/25/2014, 02:02 AM
Andrew Lincoln (Rick) is going to be a guest on Talking Dead next Sunday.

It's his first appearance on the show. And considering the fact that it's the season finale, and they have a history of having characters who were killed off as guests then that might not be a good sign.

Do I think they would kill off Rick? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Pricetag
3/25/2014, 01:13 PM
That would be a hella risky move for the show, but given that they're almost completely off the rails when it comes to the comics right now, who knows. Joe is a TV-only character, as well as his band. So is Terminus. I love that I don't have a clue what is coming.

Pricetag
3/25/2014, 01:47 PM
Okay, I saw the full preview. Terminus definitely looks creepy. The way her voice seems to be coming from a megaphone or something similar makes it seem like there might be some kind of psychological torture/brainwashing going on. Does "Those who arrive survive" means something besides arriving at the gates? I wonder if they have to arrive through something else?

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/25/2014, 02:03 PM
cannibals

stoops the eternal pimp
3/25/2014, 04:46 PM
So I was discussing this with some friends on FB..Took this screen shot, anyone see some similar here? The picture on the right was the one carl found in the empty house.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/bobbystoops/1979523_10201712836358813_1317748854_n_zpsffcc46ad .jpg (http://s994.photobucket.com/user/bobbystoops/media/1979523_10201712836358813_1317748854_n_zpsffcc46ad .jpg.html)

Pricetag
3/25/2014, 08:51 PM
Wow, definitely similar. Cool.

8timechamps
3/25/2014, 09:15 PM
Even if it's not related, it's eerily similar.

ouwasp
3/26/2014, 10:04 PM
I just hope Rick, Carl, & Judith can reunite. This season has been one of so many questions and so few resolutions. And it seems the few resolutions just create more questions. Not as enjoyable for me.

BigTip
3/27/2014, 10:02 AM
A good episode.
Terminus is bad. And that's what a vast majority of the Talking Dead viewers thought too in the poll.
I agree that the two unlocked/push to open gates was strange. No people around. And a Stepford wife to greet them.

Pricetag
3/31/2014, 12:58 AM
"Why do you let people in?"

"They become a part of us, we get stronger. It's how we survive. "

That spelled it out pretty plainly. That, plus all the human skeletons they ran past.

stoopified
3/31/2014, 08:13 AM
Watching THE TALKING DEAD,Andrew Lincoln said his last line came out initially as THEY JUST FUCQED WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE.Apparently that was a spontaneous utterance on his part and they had to redo to screwed with.AL's broad ENGLISH accent still just floors me.His accent is not mild in the least.In any case I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON. Anyone know when it starts? If they mentioned it on TTD,I missed it.

BigTip
3/31/2014, 09:44 AM
I think it is a long time for the next season. Five months maybe?

The gang is in a world of hurt. Is it going to be up to Carol and Tyreese to save them?