PDA

View Full Version : Took 4 years but we are free at last

stoopified
2/8/2013, 06:41 PM
In June 2008 my wife got at job at Children's hospital.January 209 we moved from Ponca City to Moore and put our Ponca house on the market Finally on Febuary 6 ,2013 we are able to close on the Ponca house and now we are FINALLY free of that debt. It has been a long strange road to get there ,but we have survived. FREE at last,free at last,Thank God Almighty, we are free at last.

olevetonahill
2/8/2013, 06:48 PM
Good deal bro

mojorisen2014
2/8/2013, 07:22 PM
Good for you. I cant freakin wait til Im at that point.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2013, 08:33 PM
I thought you were gonna talk about Landry Jones.

But hey, CONGRATUMALATIONS!

Jacie
2/8/2013, 11:14 PM
Those events took place right as the housing market collapsed. The wonder is you didn't just walk on the house though your credit score would have taken a hit. You were fortunate that you could afford to carry the unused house for that time.

stoopified
2/9/2013, 08:31 AM
WE were just about to let the bank have that house when we got this offfer. Thankfully that did not happen as it would have wrecked our credit.

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2013, 08:38 AM
heh...Ponca City..folks are from Medford. I remember going to Ponca City to some "fancy" diner for some holiday dinner with grandparents, cousins, etc..years ago...like 35.

stoopified
2/9/2013, 09:09 AM
heh...Ponca City..folks are from Medford. I remember going to Ponca City to some "fancy" diner for some holiday dinner with grandparents, cousins, etc..years ago...like 35.1977? I was a senior at Po-Hi,Conoco was booming,PC was a bustling growing town. Fastforward 30 years and Ponca is dying on the vine. We ent back to close on the house,drove down 14th St about 7PM as we got in and there was NOBODY there.

cleller
2/9/2013, 10:08 AM
1977? I was a senior at Po-Hi,Conoco was booming,PC was a bustling growing town. Fastforward 30 years and Ponca is dying on the vine. We ent back to close on the house,drove down 14th St about 7PM as we got in and there was NOBODY there.

Well, this question is a given then. Know the Loving girls? (surely all Sooners know who Candy Loving is, and that she is from Ponca City)

stoopified
2/9/2013, 03:55 PM
Well, this question is a given then. Know the Loving girls? (surely all Sooners know who Candy Loving is, and that she is from Ponca City)They lived exactly 3 blocks away;I lived at705 N. Pine,Candy and Kari lived at 405 .I did not actually know Candy as she was a senior when I was a frosh. Did know her sister a little,she was a year or two younger than Candy.

StormKiller
2/9/2013, 11:03 PM
What's this got to do with any ZoU sports?!?

olevetonahill
2/10/2013, 09:56 AM
What's this got to do with any ZoU sports?!?

Boy ,You gonna go far.

soonerinabilene
2/10/2013, 10:59 AM
My dad went to elementary school with Candy before he moved from Ponca to Skiatook. I was in the 7th grade when I found his copy of Playboys special anniversary issue that had her as the centerfold.

My greatgrandmother lived there all her life. Her house was in the neighborhood that Conoco had to buy and demolish because of some pollution situation. It's been about 6 years since I've been there, but last time there was still one house that the owner refused to move out of.

stoopified
2/10/2013, 02:19 PM
My dad went to elementary school with Candy before he moved from Ponca to Skiatook. I was in the 7th grade when I found his copy of Playboys special anniversary issue that had her as the centerfold.

My greatgrandmother lived there all her life. Her house was in the neighborhood that Conoco had to buy and demolish because of some pollution situation. It's been about 6 years since I've been there, but last time there was still one house that the owner refused to move out of.The deep southend oF Poncaused to be called Dixie, couple blocks south of South Avs between 6th and 4th streets all the way to Highway 60 . was bulldozed flat.There are about 3 houses standing where people took the money but stayed instead of moving.

Just curious,who is your Dad? Don't know if I would have known him but if all else failed I could check the yearbook to see if he looks familiar.I am once again reminded it is a small world indeed.