PDA

View Full Version : how serious is the govt. about destroying the 2nd amendment?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2013, 12:36 PM
This from an email that was sent me. Perhaps someone here has been following the situation closely. I am merely passing this on as a heads-up situation:

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS PASS THIS ON PLEASE

Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this.
I checked this out on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. I trust them more than snopes.

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsmen/women. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters.

Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Send this to every gun owner you know!

yermom
2/8/2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp

badger
2/8/2013, 12:47 PM
I read somewhere that just like eggs, you should only buy as much gasoline as you intend to use to drive with on any particular day, because those chickens just keep on laying eggs :P

diverdog
2/8/2013, 12:49 PM
This from an email that was sent me. Perhaps someone here has been following the situation closely. I am merely passing this on as a heads-up situation:

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS PASS THIS ON PLEASE

Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this.
I checked this out on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. I trust them more than snopes.

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsmen/women. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters.

Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Send this to every gun owner you know!

Life in the bubble.

Directly from Marlin:

. Madison, NC –The Freedom Group, Inc., announced the closure of its Marlin manufacturing facility, located in North Haven, Connecticut. The transition of Marlin firearms production in North Haven to a future site will not affect customers’ shipments or the range of Marlin product offerings. At the time of last Thursday’s announcement, the Freedom Group was still evaluating several relocation options and will announce the future production site of Marlin firearms when the final decision is made.
“As competition in today’s global marketplace remains intense, consolidation of our manufacturing processes and operating systems allow us to provide Marlin customers with the highest quality products at competitive prices,” said Ted Torbeck, Freedom Group’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are committed to the Marlin brand, its core product offerings and bringing innovative new Marlin firearms to our customers.”

badger
2/8/2013, 12:57 PM
Hello, and thank you for reading this letter. You see, there is a starving little boy in Baklaliviatatlaglooshen who has no arms, no legs, no parents, and no goats. This little boys life could be saved, because for every time you pass this on, a dollar will be donated to the Little Starving Legless Armless Goatless Boy from Baklaliviatatlaglooshen Fund. Remember, we have no way of counting letters sent and this is all bull. So go on, reach out. Send this to 5 people in the next 47 seconds. Oh, and a reminder - if you accidentally send this to 4 or 6 people, you will die instantly. Thanks again!!

From Funny Chain Letters (http://katamania.tripod.com/katamania/id25.html)

2/8/2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.aspsmart for trusting snopes

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2013, 03:36 PM
just curious...how trustworthy is snopes? it seems everyone trust their info as truth, who's to say strings aren't being pulled there...(to either side)..just asking

Midtowner
2/8/2013, 03:38 PM
just curious...how trustworthy is snopes?

Very trustworthy.

--Or do you now maintain that George Soros shut down Marlin?

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2013, 03:41 PM
Soros is not a good person in my mind...haven't done much research on Marlin.

believe it or not, I've used snopes a lot to debunk crap my dad sends me, yes all the anti-obama crap...I was just saying who is in charge of snopes...are they on the dole with someone or will they be? I'm sure a lot of folks look to them for the truth, what better way to start to "enlighten" folks but using the internet and snopes. If it's on the internet it's true...right? ;-)

I do believe obama has different intentions for the country along with the lib left (not good in my mind)...we'll see.

Midtowner
2/8/2013, 03:42 PM
Find something outside of the RW bubble to discredit snopes and I'll take a look.

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2013, 03:46 PM
didn't say there was...just seems everyone qoutes them for a lot.

yermom
2/8/2013, 04:03 PM
they cite sources, and links. i have been using snopes for a LONG time, and it's not just email forwards from right wingers that they fact check.

Midtowner
2/8/2013, 04:06 PM
didn't say there was...just seems everyone qoutes them for a lot.

They're very reliable and non-partisan. They have been around a long time. They don't have an agenda. If they did, they'd lose the only thing they can sell--that they are non-partisan, unbiased and will tell it to you straight.

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2013, 04:07 PM
ok...READ...I USE them...I was merely stating a hypothetical situation. I don't trust anything 100% on the net. Just throwin it out there.

SoonerBBall
2/8/2013, 04:12 PM
ok...READ...I USE them...I was merely stating a hypothetical situation. I don't trust anything 100% on the net. Just throwin it out there.

You got us. Snopes is actually owned by the Illuminati. They are used as a non-partisan front to sell all of us trusting idiots the lies necessary to keep the Illuminati in power. Of course George Soros (obviously part of the Illuminati) would use Snopes to tell you he is, in fact, not part of the Illuminati. Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

2/8/2013, 05:18 PM
ok...READ...I USE them...I was merely stating a hypothetical situation. I don't trust anything 100% on the net. Just throwin it out there.Left wingers will staunchly defend them. I'm like you in that I'm not sure that snopes is above reproach.

2/8/2013, 05:23 PM
This thread provided as heads up. just wanting to have it seen. I know there's a number of folks on here that would never expose themselves to any sources other than the MSM, and this is not the kind of info that same MSM will discuss at all, unless reluctantly dragged into adressing it.

diverdog
2/8/2013, 05:36 PM
This thread provided as heads up. just wanting to have it seen. I know there's a number of folks on here that would never expose themselves to any sources other than the MSM, and this is not the kind of info that same MSM will discuss at all, unless reluctantly dragged into adressing it.

This is thread gives you a heads up that you have been duped once again.

2/9/2013, 02:01 AM
This is thread gives you a heads up that you have been duped once again.what makes you think you know what I believe to be true? I'm not surprised that you think you do, but I don't believe I ever said yea or nay about this email. I am saddened by the trust our board Leftists appear to have regarding the democrats, though.

diverdog
2/9/2013, 03:02 AM
what makes you think you know what I believe to be true? I'm not surprised that you think you do, but I don't believe I ever said yea or nay about this email. I am saddened by the trust our board Leftists appear to have regarding the democrats, though.

Clone;

A simple check of the actual gun manufacturer's site would have saved you a whole lot of embarassment. Even the NRA debunked this email. Now you are trying to wiggle out of it by saying some sort of nonsense about reading the MSM. Just admit you got duped and move on.

To a broader point most chain emails from either the right or left should be treated with a great deal of suspicion. My fail safe on every one of these that is posted as fact is that it is fiction and then I go from there. So far it has not failed me.

Finally, even if by some huge miracle the Democrats manage to ban military style weapons and high capacity clips they still have not taken away your second amendment rights. You can still buy thousands of types of weapons on the open market. Regulating what type of gun you can buy has been around forever. Hopefully it won't come to that any time soon.

2/9/2013, 01:31 PM
Clone;

A simple check of the actual gun manufacturer's site would have saved you a whole lot of embarassment. Even the NRA debunked this email. Now you are trying to wiggle out of it by saying some sort of nonsense about reading the MSM. Just admit you got duped and move on.

To a broader point most chain emails from either the right or left should be treated with a great deal of suspicion. My fail safe on every one of these that is posted as fact is that it is fiction and then I go from there. So far it has not failed me.

Finally, even if by some huge miracle the Democrats manage to ban military style weapons and high capacity clips they still have not taken away your second amendment rights. You can still buy thousands of types of weapons on the open market. Regulating what type of gun you can buy has been around forever. Hopefully it won't come to that any time soon.I was not duped, just heads up. I can appreciate that your preference is for embarrassment. However, sad to witness your trust of DL and the Left.

diverdog
2/10/2013, 01:22 AM
I was not duped, just heads up. I can appreciate that your preference is for embarrassment. However, sad to witness your trust of DL and the Left.

When you find yourself in a hole it is best to quit digging.

2/10/2013, 02:12 AM
When you find yourself in a hole it is best to quit digging.Noting your continued allegiance to Leftist thinking is digging if you insist.

Midtowner
2/10/2013, 02:39 AM
Noting your continued allegiance to Leftist thinking is digging if you insist.

Why can you not admit you were wrong?

diverdog
2/10/2013, 07:55 AM
Noting your continued allegiance to Leftist thinking is digging if you insist.

Clone repeat after me:

I

I

Clone

Clone

Got

Got

Duped

Duped

There was that so hard?

XingTheRubicon
2/10/2013, 09:02 AM
Good God. The last thing I'm worried about is the liberals/gov't getting US citizen's guns. Liberals couldn't find their butt if it had a bell on it.

kevpks
2/10/2013, 09:04 AM
I was not duped, just heads up. I can appreciate that your preference is for embarrassment. However, sad to witness your trust of DL and the Left.

Heads up to what? That there is a lot of BS on the Internet. Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

yermom
2/10/2013, 10:55 AM
if i have learned anything from the internet, it's that snopes is your worst enemy if you are over 60

okie52
2/10/2013, 11:26 AM
if i have learned anything from the internet, it's that snopes is your worst enemy if you are over 60

Are you over 60?

olevetonahill
2/10/2013, 11:28 AM

And here I thot it was Obammy.

Fraggle145
2/11/2013, 09:25 AM
This thread provided as heads up.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/100/074/Qfjpn.png?1318992465

Derp.

2/11/2013, 12:59 PM
Derp.that's a pretty strange incompetent card. Good for you!