PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Benjamin Carson Speaks Truth to Power

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 07:52 AM
One of the most inspirational speeches I've heard. Talk like this actually gives me a small glimmer of hope for our future.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/02/07/Dr-Carson-Prayer-Breakfast-Speech-That-Slams-Obama-Debt-Right-In-Front-Of-Him

pphilfran
2/8/2013, 08:22 AM
Who is that dude? That was exceptional...

MR2-Sooner86
2/8/2013, 08:29 AM
Who is that dude?

Dr. Benjamin Carson

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 08:30 AM
Who is that dude? That was exceptional...

He's one of the top neurosurgeons in the nation and head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. He has written a handful of books with "America the Beautiful" considered his best.

pphilfran
2/8/2013, 08:53 AM
Dr. Benjamin Carson

Duh...I haven't heard of him...

pphilfran
2/8/2013, 08:54 AM
He's one of the top neurosurgeons in the nation and head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. He has written a handful of books with "America the Beautiful" considered his best.

I am going to have to listen to it again..I missed some parts..

okie52
2/8/2013, 10:16 AM
Somebody that's against PC....I love it.

achiro
2/8/2013, 10:57 AM
Great stuff!

Turd_Ferguson
2/8/2013, 11:00 AM
Great stuff!! Obama didn't look too impressed...

diverdog
2/8/2013, 11:04 AM
Dr. Benjamin Carson

I have had him speak at our Mayor's prayer breakfast. He is a favorite and we have been trying to get him back to Dover. He is booked out 18 months.

okiewaker
2/9/2013, 03:50 PM
Excellent! And he did it right in the kings face. He will be fried for this no doubt. O will send a drone in his direction.

okiewaker
2/9/2013, 04:04 PM
So 0, who fancies himself a intellectual, is watching a man who is far more advanced intellectually than him spout what your everyday conservative spouts. This is priceless. He looks buffoonish.

okiewaker
2/9/2013, 04:19 PM
0 appears dumbfounded throughout the video, and by words that your everyday conservative say all the time. The video nicely sums up 0's entire existence,,,,he is stupefied when confronted with those he considers his equal or superior, If he thinks you are less a human, he will treat you like dirt. He is scum,,thank you dirtbags for electing this moron.

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2013, 04:56 PM
Got through part of it...sounds pretty simple. Unfortunately no one in Washington believes that.

FirstandGoal
2/9/2013, 06:14 PM
Wow, I would seriously consider voting for this man if he ever ran for office.

Turd_Ferguson
2/9/2013, 06:33 PM
Wow, I would seriously consider voting for this man if he ever ran for office.

Not possible. MSM would turn him into an Uncle Tom/Adulterer/Pedophile...

SCOUT
2/10/2013, 12:13 AM
That was an outstanding speech. His section on lawyers learning only to win sums up my view of Washington pretty well. Sad days.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/10/2013, 12:18 AM
He's one of the top neurosurgeons in the nation and head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. He has written a handful of books with "America the Beautiful" considered his best.He might not like working for the govt. too much.

2/10/2013, 12:21 AM
0 appears dumbfounded throughout the video, and by words that your everyday conservative say all the time. The video nicely sums up 0's entire existence,,,,he is stupefied when confronted with those he considers his equal or superior, If he thinks you are less a human, he will treat you like dirt. He is scum,,thank you dirtbags for electing this moron.He's no doubt a parrot of some kind...nobody could actually THINK that way or believe that nonsense.

2/10/2013, 12:25 AM
Not possible. MSM would turn him into an Uncle Tom/Adulterer/Pedophile...They have made short work of Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, and Allen West.

Blue
2/10/2013, 01:20 AM
5 stars. Why isn't he running for president? I know I know, he not a sociopath and has no desires on power...

SicEmBaylor
2/10/2013, 01:26 AM
He might not like working for the govt. too much.

I didn't say he should!

diverdog
2/10/2013, 01:32 AM
5 stars. Why isn't he running for president? I know I know, he not a sociopath and has no desires on power...

I hope he never runs. Carson was put on this earth to do gods work and a man with his talents should stay where he is. His separating conjoined twins is a legend in the medical community.

The speech he gave is pretty much the same one he gave in Dover years ago less the talk on the budget. I was very excited to hear his scholarship has gone nationwide.

One thing I need to check on is that I have a cousin who is doing his advanced residency on hand reconstructive surgery at Hopkins whether he has worked with Carson. He has been on a team that goes to Bethesda to work on wounded vets.

He is a Seventh Day Adventist and I think that would hurt him politically. Might be wrong though.

2/10/2013, 01:44 AM
I didn't say he should!Who said you said he should?(is this about you?)

2/10/2013, 01:46 AM
I hope he never runs. Carson was put on this earth to do gods work and a man with his talents should stay where he is. His separating conjoined twins is a legend in the medical community.

The speech he gave is pretty much the same one he gave in Dover years ago less the talk on the budget. I was very excited to hear his scholarship has gone nationwide.

One thing I need to check on is that I have a cousin who is doing his advanced residency on hand reconstructive surgery at Hopkins whether he has worked with Carson. He has been on a team that goes to Bethesda to work on wounded vets.

He is a Seventh Day Adventist and I think that would hurt him politically. Might be wrong though.Have you and Matlock considered teaming up for a road show?

SCOUT
2/10/2013, 03:22 AM

He is a Seventh Day Adventist and I think that would hurt him politically. Might be wrong though.
The idea that political appeal is the winning formula is what is wrong with the system. His quip about the fourth branch of government is his strongest statement, in my opinion. We should be looking for the best solution instead of the most popular one.

SicEmBaylor
2/10/2013, 03:57 AM
Who said you said he should?(is this about you?)

You did....

Good grief. Go back to page 1 and look at post #18. You quoted me and said he might not like working for the government to which I replied that I never said he should.

Sometimes you concern me.

diverdog
2/10/2013, 07:52 AM

Why? Because of my last statement?

diverdog
2/10/2013, 07:53 AM
The idea that political appeal is the winning formula is what is wrong with the system. His quip about the fourth branch of government is his strongest statement, in my opinion. We should be looking for the best solution instead of the most popular one.

Agreed.

pphilfran
2/10/2013, 09:35 AM
He is a really special person...I had never heard of him until a couple of days ago when I listened to most of the speech...watched the entire thing this morning and was even more impressed...

We need more like him...donate to the Carson Scholars Fund...

http://carsonscholars.org/support-us/donate-now

XingTheRubicon
2/10/2013, 09:42 AM
that was gut-wrenching...just knowing the guy standing up at the mic, would never lower himself or whore himself out as required to take the job of the maggot on his right.

2/10/2013, 01:30 PM
You did....

Good grief. Go back to page 1 and look at post #18. You quoted me and said he might not like working for the government to which I replied that I never said he should.

Sometimes you concern me.There's a communication gap there, it seems. I said he might not like working for the govt. He is a doctor, and will be employed by the government, at least eventually. Whatever else you think I meant wasn't intended by me. No desire to insult. I didn't think you said he was working for the govt.

sappstuf
2/11/2013, 03:56 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/sappstuf/Carson_zps02cc5fb2.jpg

soonercruiser
2/12/2013, 02:06 PM
Not possible. MSM would turn him into an Uncle Tom/Adulterer/Pedophile...

THIS^^^^

soonercruiser
2/12/2013, 02:10 PM

Diver,
He is actually more renown in the medical community for his pioneering of the Hemispherectamy in treatment of children with uncontrolable seizure disorders.
Everyone else had given up on past attempts. And he created a procedure and team to do it using new technologies, and has given a rather normal life back to hundreds of hopeless chilren.

2/12/2013, 03:12 PM
Carson has recently stated he is getting out of the Medical Profession, so if he goes into politics, he will have to be politically destroyed, some way. It will be interesting to see how they go about it if he decides to run for something.

okiewaker
2/12/2013, 03:52 PM
Carson has recently stated he is getting out of the Medical Profession, so if he goes into politics, he will have to be politically destroyed, some way. It will be interesting to see how they go about it if he decides to run for something.

That won't be a prob for the left. They destroy whatever gets in their way, specially if he is a man of integrity and color.

olevetonahill
2/12/2013, 04:34 PM
He is a really special person...I had never heard of him until a couple of days ago when I listened to most of the speech...watched the entire thing this morning and was even more impressed...

We need more like him...donate to the Carson Scholars Fund...

http://carsonscholars.org/support-us/donate-now

I just took the Time myself to listen to it.
One thing I will point out tho.
His Momma was one Very smart lady