PDA

View Full Version : My Dream

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 07:19 AM
I do believe that if I had my way, I'd like to be the ideological and spiritual "Godfather" of a revolutionary movement. Sort of like the "Lenin of the Right."

Good times would be had by all.

MR2-Sooner86
2/8/2013, 08:27 AM
So you want to be the next Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater?

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 08:28 AM
So you want to be the next Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater?

Something like that -- only with more pitchforks. ;)

MR2-Sooner86
2/8/2013, 08:31 AM
Something like that -- only with more pitchforks. ;)

You should join my libertarian anarchist circles. There are plenty of those folks there.

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 08:43 AM
You should join my libertarian anarchist circles. There are plenty of those folks there.

That sounds like my sort of folks.

KantoSooner
2/8/2013, 09:28 AM
Let me introduce you to a little concept I refer to as "KantoWorld".
It is a good place. Especially for those who are my friends.
Most of the really great Vicerealties are, unfortunately, taken, (Hawaii went in the first minutes, as did Western Europe) but I think Rectorship of the Kanto Institute for Political Rants is still available.

SoonerProphet
2/8/2013, 09:35 AM
The conservative tradition I have in mind may not satisfy purists. It doesn’t rise to the level of qualifying as anything so grandiose as a coherent philosophy. It’s more of a stew produced by combining sundry ingredients. The result, to use a word that ought warm the cockles of any conservative’s heart, is a sort of an intellectual slumgullion.

Here’s the basic recipe. As that stew’s principal ingredients, start with generous portions of John Quincy Adams and his grandson Henry. Fold in ample amounts of Randolph Bourne, Reinhold Niebuhr, and Christopher Lasch. For seasoning, throw in some Flannery O’Connor and Wendell Berry—don’t skimp. If you’re in a daring mood, add a dash of William Appleman Williams. To finish, sprinkle with Frank Capra—use a light hand: too sweet and the concoction’s ruined. Cook slowly. (Microwave not allowed.) What you get is a dish that is as nutritious as it is tasty.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/counterculture-conservatism-4001/

FaninAma
2/8/2013, 09:38 AM
I do believe that if I had my way, I'd like to be the ideological and spiritual "Godfather" of a revolutionary movement. Sort of like the "Lenin of the Right."

Good times would be had by all.

No, not by all. Those totally dependent on government handouts would be very unhappy.

badger
2/8/2013, 11:47 AM
Someone said a few years ago (some foreigner of course) that the U.S. was going to split into separate countries in a few years. I'm starting to think that is more of a possibility as politics are driving more people further apart and often, these people are confined to certain areas of the country --- the liberals on the coasts, the conservatives of the south.

It'll be interesting to see where the Midwest ends up (just like every presidential election, heh).

I do not think government handouts will survive a country split. The U.S. collectively has a lot of overseas credit power, but as 2-3 separate countries? With all of the debt the states and country currently holds? Mess waiting to happen.

That said, end your dreams, SicEm. We either survive this Obama situation united or we are doomed separated

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2013, 11:59 AM
That said, end your dreams, SicEm. We either survive this Obama situation united or we are doomed separated
That's not necessarily inconsistent with my beliefs and ideology. Of course it would be better for us to stay united and secure for ourselves and our posterity a nation firmly committed to our founding principles of limited-government and individual liberty; however, I'm not the least bit optimistic that will ever be the case again.

What you have to understand about me is that I'm a sectionalist not a nationalist. If a breakup of the union is the only way for certain parts of the country to remain true to our founding principles then I would welcome such an occurrence. I love my country because of the principles upon which it was founded, but I don't feel an unimpeachable love the United States as an entity in and of itself. To put another way, my love for the United States does not stretch beyond my love for individual liberty and limited government.

It is nearing the point when I think an amicable and peaceful divorce would be best for all.

badger
2/8/2013, 12:03 PM
It is nearing the point when I think an amicable and peaceful divorce would be best for all.

But SicEm! If the Big 12 breaks up, where with Baylor go? :P

Seriously now, it's the same concept --- the Big 12 started just by losing Nebrasky and Colorweedo. That led to further losses the next year in Aggroid and Mizzy.

I sadly think that once the first step is taken for the U.S. to breakup, that will just lead to more dominoes falling, similar in this whole conference reallignment sh!t that started with us (technically with Big East and Miami/VT a few years back) and just has never stopped.

FaninAma
2/8/2013, 12:28 PM
That's not necessarily inconsistent with my beliefs and ideology. Of course it would be better for us to stay united and secure for ourselves and our posterity a nation firmly committed to our founding principles of limited-government and individual liberty; however, I'm not the least bit optimistic that will ever be the case again.

What you have to understand about me is that I'm a sectionalist not a nationalist. If a breakup of the union is the only way for certain parts of the country to remain true to our founding principles then I would welcome such an occurrence. I love my country because of the principles upon which it was founded, but I don't feel an unimpeachable love the United States as an entity in and of itself. To put another way, my love for the United States does not stretch beyond my love for individual liberty and limited government.

I think control over the government should be as localized as possible. The federal government should only have the responsibility of raising and maintaining a national defense, border security and to handle disputes between the states. The more centralized the seats of government is the less control the citizens have over it and the more control influence peddlers like lobbyists and special interst groups have.

rock on sooner
2/9/2013, 12:10 PM
I think control over the government should be as localized as possible. The federal government should only have the responsibility of raising and maintaining a national defense, border security and to handle disputes between the states. The more centralized the seats of government is the less control the citizens have over it and the more control influence peddlers like lobbyists and special interst groups have.

Can a left of center person enter this exchange? Hope so. A question that
I have concerning the seperate states idea and the attending individual state
laws. With 50 states, on many issues there would be 50 different approaches
to a particular problem, e.g. traffic laws, drug laws, gun statutes, personal
health issues, education approaches, and so on. How would you go about
handling interstate travel, even intrastate travel, since I'm certain that within
state borders there will be major differences on many issues?

You mention federal involvement in state disputes, just how far would the
feds be allowed to get involved?

The answers to these questions, so far as I know, have never been put
forth by the libertarians.

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 12:18 PM
Can a left of center person enter this exchange? Hope so. A question that
I have concerning the seperate states idea and the attending individual state
laws. With 50 states, on many issues there would be 50 different approaches
to a particular problem, e.g. traffic laws, drug laws, gun statutes, personal
health issues, education approaches, and so on. How would you go about
handling interstate travel, even intrastate travel, since I'm certain that within
state borders there will be major differences on many issues?

You mention federal involvement in state disputes, just how far would the
feds be allowed to get involved?

The answers to these questions, so far as I know, have never been put
forth by the libertarians.

What Part of " Leave us the **** Alone" did you misunderstand?

rock on sooner
2/9/2013, 12:29 PM
What Part of " Leave us the **** Alone" did you misunderstand?

I didn't misunderstand one ******* part of "Leave us the **** Alone!
I just wanted to know how the **** you planned to handle disputes,
since all of you will be armed to the teeth and your own ******* ideas
about what is right or acceptable or wrong.

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 12:42 PM
I didn't misunderstand one ******* part of "Leave us the **** Alone!
I just wanted to know how the **** you planned to handle disputes,
since all of you will be armed to the teeth and your own ******* ideas
about what is right or acceptable or wrong.

Well ya dayum Lib. Pay tention

If Every one leaves everyone ELSE alone they wont be NO disputes
No wonder yall stay so ****in confused.:bee:

rock on sooner
2/9/2013, 12:48 PM
Well ya dayum Lib. Pay tention

If Every one leaves everyone ELSE alone they wont be NO disputes
No wonder yall stay so ****in confused.:bee:

Only one problem with yer premise and thatd be human nature...

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 12:57 PM
Only one problem with yer premise and thatd be human nature...

Well after all the Busybody Libs get kilt out , It would werk better.

rock on sooner
2/9/2013, 01:09 PM
Well after all the Busybody Libs get kilt out , It would werk better.

So yer sayin that conservatives, libertarians and Pubs in general aint jealous er
covet the neighbor's still, wife, girlfriend, car er even food. Yer sayin that county
A dont covet county B's access ta water...State A dont covet State B's parks er
oil/minerals...Governor A dont covet Governor B's state treasury. Even ifn all
the Busybodies er gone, whats left is still human,(Ima guessin), therefore nature
follers...

olevetonahill
2/9/2013, 01:11 PM
So yer sayin that conservatives, libertarians and Pubs in general aint jealous er
covet the neighbor's still, wife, girlfriend, car er even food. Yer sayin that county
A dont covet county B's access ta water...State A dont covet State B's parks er
oil/minerals...Governor A dont covet Governor B's state treasury. Even ifn all
the Busybodies er gone, whats left is still human,(Ima guessin), therefore nature
follers...

Heh Ya dayum Lib, The title of the thread is " MY DREAM" Not " Reality" :excitement:

rock on sooner
2/9/2013, 01:29 PM
Heh Ya dayum Lib, The title of the thread is " MY DREAM" Not " Reality" :excitement:

Aw righty then, fantasy 1, reality 0...:peaceful:

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2013, 01:30 PM
see the show Revolution...
obama is already in it...

okie52
2/9/2013, 02:23 PM
The conservative tradition I have in mind may not satisfy purists. It doesn’t rise to the level of qualifying as anything so grandiose as a coherent philosophy. It’s more of a stew produced by combining sundry ingredients. The result, to use a word that ought warm the cockles of any conservative’s heart, is a sort of an intellectual slumgullion.

Here’s the basic recipe. As that stew’s principal ingredients, start with generous portions of John Quincy Adams and his grandson Henry. Fold in ample amounts of Randolph Bourne, Reinhold Niebuhr, and Christopher Lasch. For seasoning, throw in some Flannery O’Connor and Wendell Berry—don’t skimp. If you’re in a daring mood, add a dash of William Appleman Williams. To finish, sprinkle with Frank Capra—use a light hand: too sweet and the concoction’s ruined. Cook slowly. (Microwave not allowed.) What you get is a dish that is as nutritious as it is tasty.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/counterculture-conservatism-4001/

Not a bad read SoonerProphet. I don't envision it happening nor do I agree with all of his points but it is a different combination of alliances than one would think possible. He didn't mention one thing which I am surprised Bacevich overlooked (unless I missed it somewhere) in pushing for conservatives to join the enviros as earth's stewards....population reduction.

okiewaker
2/9/2013, 02:49 PM
I have often thought what the countries would look like if you went back to the beginning and only had Conservatives in power throughout history vs liberals in power throughout history. Fast forward to today,,,how would the two countries differ, what would they look like. I'm not at all opposed to the country splitting in two, the builders on one side and the destroyers on the other. I'm in, when can we start?