PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if aTm realizes

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/7/2013, 02:24 PM
that they would have won the national title this year had they stayed?

badger
2/7/2013, 02:27 PM
i lurk at texags occasionally (for meltdown thread purposes) and yes this thought has crossed their batsh!t crazy fanbase's mind

i predict they achieve no titles (sec or national) during johnny football's run or forever, leading old ags to murmur "We dun wun the Big 12 an champeenship iffn we no SEC go"

:rcmad:

Mac94
2/7/2013, 02:40 PM

Negative ghostrider .... but thanks for playing. At best we would have been oSu from 2011 or Auburn from 2004. If we had gone undefeated ... guess what ... so would Notre Dame ... and who did Bama lose to? Oh yeah ... A&M. If we were in the Big-12 we wouldn't have played Bama ... most liklely Bama would have been undefeated. So ... A&M, Alabama, and Notre Dame are undefeated ... who plays in Miami?

And that's assuming we would have gone undefeated .... our defense was most vulnerable to the style of offense oSu, Baylor, etc runs. We may have lost one of those like we almost lost to LaTech. Our S.o.S. would have been weak (bad Arkansas, SMU, LaTech) and playing ISU, KU, Tech, Baylor, etc wasn't going to give us a boost in the BCS.

No way A&M gets the nationwide press in the Big-12 as we did last year in the SEC.

badger
2/7/2013, 02:53 PM
No way A&M gets the nationwide press in the Big-12 as we did last year in the SEC.

oh god he's drunk the kool aid too WHERE ARE THE VOMIT INDUCING MEDS DOCTOR?!?!

PS: What would KSU have been without a Baylor loss? Answer: In the title game with either Bammer or Notre Dame. Domer was behind Oregon and KSU before both lost on the same weekend

sooneron
2/7/2013, 02:58 PM
^ Point

Mac94
2/7/2013, 03:01 PM
No kool aid .... it's true ... in 1998 when we last had a season like this the press we received was nothing like this past season. And we won the Big-12 that year.

And you're assuming that Notre Dame doesn't jump an undefeated KSU or A&M .... Notre Dame's brand is very powerful.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/7/2013, 03:24 PM
oh god he's drunk the kool aid too WHERE ARE THE VOMIT INDUCING MEDS DOCTOR?!?!

PS: What would KSU have been without a Baylor loss? Answer: In the title game with either Bammer or Notre Dame. Domer was behind Oregon and KSU before both lost on the same weekendNo Chit! Publicity Schmublicity, If Lassie would have been undepawed in the B12, they would have been in the NC game, fershure.

2/7/2013, 03:26 PM
No kool aid .... it's true ... in 1998 when we last had a season like this the press we received was nothing like this past season. And we won the Big-12 that year.

And you're assuming that Notre Dame doesn't jump an undefeated KSU or A&M .... Notre Dame's brand is very powerful.If you were undefeated, you would have played bamers or domer, for the NC, and prolly beaten them goodly.

Mac94
2/7/2013, 03:33 PM
So A&M would have come out of nowhere and leapfroged an undefeated Bama team that started the season ranked in the top 2???? Uh .... no.

A&M started the year unranked (unlike KSU and Oregon) and would not have had the September schedule to make any headway. Kansas St got a boost in the huge win over Miami. Our biggest OOC game wouldhave been Arkansas that was in a huge state of disarray.

badger
2/7/2013, 03:54 PM
No kool aid
that's the first thing a kool aid drinker says. It's the kool aid talking!

So A&M would have come out of nowhere and leapfroged an undefeated Bama team that started the season ranked in the top 2???? Uh .... no.
You don't need to be #1 to be in the title game, unless they're just started national titles to whoever the top SEC team is now. damn the kool aid drinkers

Mac94
2/7/2013, 03:58 PM
Except Bama, Notre Dame, (as well as KSU and Oregon) all started the season ranked ahead of A&M. So you all have us leapfrogging someone ....

Mac94
2/7/2013, 04:03 PM
So ... by week 4 we would have played SMU and Arkansas (LaTech still would have been postponed or cancelled ... the storm still woulda been there). By that time in the season Notre Dame is already ranked #11 in the AP and Bama was already #1. We may have cracked the top 25 ... maybe. So I'm really curious with Bama and Notre Dame already established how A&M was going to leapfrog one of them?

badger
2/7/2013, 04:42 PM
beating undefeated KSU would have done it. notre dame's only sig win all season was us, which if you were undefeated you would have accomplished. remember that domer had a lot of close calls that made them look more lucky than good.

also, because you ags are batsh!t crazy internet folk (in general), you would have undercovered Manti Te'o fake girlfriend long before the rest of the Internet.

Mac94
2/7/2013, 05:00 PM
Beating KSU would have boosted us ... but it's highly debatable if it would push us to leapfrog ND. Notre Dame is still a power name in the sport .... and while beating KSU would be a good win ... the overall schedule wouldnt have been overly strong. Oklahoma St, Tech, Baylor, Missouri, were all down from the year before and even OU and Texas weren't as strong as in the past. then add in a weak OOC and KU and ISU it would be very difficult to jump an undefeated established a blueblood name.

tycat947
2/7/2013, 05:01 PM
beating undefeated KSU would have done it. notre dame's only sig win all season was us, which if you were undefeated you would have accomplished. remember that domer had a lot of close calls that made them look more lucky than good.

also, because you ags are batsh!t crazy internet folk (in general), you would have undercovered Manti Te'o fake girlfriend long before the rest of the Internet.

Oh geez! Isn't that the truth!

I'm not sure they could have beaten the whorns!

badger
2/7/2013, 05:13 PM
I'm just going to leave the conversation alone because I clearly cannot convince the Aggie that Aggie is good enough. Now go increase your self-esteem by chanting S-E-C a few dozen times :P

Mac94
2/7/2013, 05:31 PM
Not about good enough or not ... it's about the BCS system and how it works ... that said ...

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Say ... I do feel better ;)

mainline13
2/7/2013, 06:23 PM

And you're assuming that Notre Dame doesn't jump an undefeated KSU or A&M .... Notre Dame's brand is very powerful.

You just can't accurately say that about a what-if. Ever. You can say it, but you'll be wrong. Every time.

Sometimes I hate the interwebs.

picasso
2/7/2013, 06:38 PM

hahaha, I remember that one time they won the league.

8timechamps
2/7/2013, 07:36 PM
Not about good enough or not ... it's about the BCS system and how it works ... that said ...

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Say ... I do feel better ;)

KSU was one win away from playing in the title game. Had A&M been in the Big XII, and gone undefeated, they would have played in the title game over ND. I know you guys are down on the Big XII, but regardless, that's how it would have played out. Like it, or not.

2/7/2013, 08:47 PM
I'm just going to leave the conversation alone because I clearly cannot convince the Aggie that Aggie is good enough. Now go increase your self-esteem by chanting S-E-C a few dozen times :PThe realization that they coulda woulda is enough to shatter the lassies' inner peace. Further absorption of SEC SEC SEC Essence should help them shed the realization. Your jorb is done here, Badger!

Mac94
2/7/2013, 09:03 PM
KSU was one win away from playing in the title game. Had A&M been in the Big XII, and gone undefeated, they would have played in the title game over ND. I know you guys are down on the Big XII, but regardless, that's how it would have played out. Like it, or not.

Its not so simple ... in the BCS / poll era starting position means something .... KSU went into week 1 ranked ahead of Notre Dame. A&M went into week 1 behind Notre Dame. By week 4 ... as I pointed out ... when we would have been 2-0 with wins over SMU and Arkansas ... Notre Dame was #11 in the AP.

Yes, KSU may have gone ahead of Notre Dame if both were undefeated but part of that is because KSU started the year ahead of ND. We did not.

Mac94
2/7/2013, 09:12 PM
You just can't accurately say that about a what-if. Ever. You can say it, but you'll be wrong. Every time.

Sometimes I hate the interwebs.

I'm comparing two historic examples ... last season in which we finished 11-2 and finished 5th in the SEC and 1998 when we went 11-3 and finished 1st in the Big-12. The media attention we've received this year in the SEC is hands down much larger and more positive than it was then.

And it funny you blast me on a what-if senario when that's what this whole thread, started by someone else, is ... a blanket declaration of what would happen in a what if senario. So maybe you should lecture your own fan base first.

8timechamps
2/7/2013, 10:09 PM
Its not so simple ... in the BCS / poll era starting position means something .... KSU went into week 1 ranked ahead of Notre Dame. A&M went into week 1 behind Notre Dame. By week 4 ... as I pointed out ... when we would have been 2-0 with wins over SMU and Arkansas ... Notre Dame was #11 in the AP.

Yes, KSU may have gone ahead of Notre Dame if both were undefeated but part of that is because KSU started the year ahead of ND. We did not.

It's all speculation, and there's no way to know for sure, but I think A&M's overall schedule would still have beaten ND's overall schedule, and been enough to vault them ahead of ND.

tycat947
2/7/2013, 11:30 PM
The media attention we've received this year in the SEC is hands down much larger and more positive than it was then.

The media attention you received this year was because of Johnny Football, pure and simple. If Ryan Tannehill had been QB this year, still no one would know about aggy, sec or not.

2/8/2013, 12:16 AM
The media attention you received this year was because of Johnny Football, pure and simple. If Ryan Tannehill had been QB this year, still no one would know about aggy, sec or not.Might have shared the same spotlight as say, the mizzou Tiger