PDA

View Full Version : Which 2013 Recruit are you most excited about?

Ruf/Nek7
2/7/2013, 12:00 PM
I am really excited about the defensive recruits more than anything. Last year, I was thrilled to see the emergence of the WR corp and now its the D-linemen and Defensive backs. So with that being said, here is my list of guys I am most excited to see:
1. Matt Dimon (DE)
2. Charles Walker (DT)
3. Dakota Austin (CB)
4. Hatari Byrd (S)
5. Keith Ford (RB)
6. Cody Thomas (QB)
7. Jordan Evans (LB)

Curly Bill
2/7/2013, 12:09 PM
1. Charles Walker
2. DJ Ward
3. Keith Ford

LittleElmSooner
2/7/2013, 12:16 PM
I'm excited about any of them that can do the following:

A. Make a tackle. Not a hit, but a tackle

B. Recognize a quarterback draw and then (see A.)

SoonerorLater
2/7/2013, 12:17 PM
5. Keith Ford (RB)

This guy is big enough, strong enough, fast enough that if we can't move the ball on the ground with him then the coaching staff should see the flashing warning lights telling us we are doing something wrong.

KantoSooner
2/7/2013, 12:39 PM
Moore. Should change some people's career plans if the reports are true.

Scott D
2/7/2013, 05:31 PM
Leon Sandcastle

8timechamps
2/7/2013, 05:47 PM
Hatari Bryd.

I've watched this kid the past couple of years, and cheered the day he got an OU offer. He will probably start from day one, and he's going to be really good.

After Bryd, there are a couple of guys I'm excited about, but the top two are probably K.J. Young & Kerrick Huggins. Both will see playing time in 2013.

badger
2/7/2013, 05:51 PM
Romar for the name alone

MyT Oklahoma
2/8/2013, 12:44 AM
Ask me again in 2 or 3 years and then I'll know.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2013, 01:19 AM
Emergence of the WR corp? Those were transfers, not recruits..shepard I would say emerged..

Jacie
2/11/2013, 07:22 AM
Oklahoma Football: 3 Commits Who Will Start as Freshmen

By Tom Guthrie

Hatari Byrd

Hatari Byrd recently qualified his statement about being guaranteed a starting job by the OU coaches. The latest from Byrd is that he can "earn the opportunity" to start, according to Bob Przybylo of ESPN (via SportsDayDFW).

Still, the 4-star prospect seems to be among the leading candidates to earn a starting spot at safety. At 6'1", 195 pounds, he is already among the most physically imposing defensive backs on the team.

At this point, it's logical to assume that he'll be at the top of the depth chart. With 2012 starters Tony Jefferson and Javon Harris departing, the position is wide open.

A more interesting question is which position he'll occupy. Scout.com lauds him for both his hitting skill and coverage ability, so he could be capable of manning either spot.

Regardless of his role in the upcoming season, Byrd figures to have a bright future in Norman.

D.J. Ward

As the No. 11 overall defensive end (according to Scout.com), D.J. Ward is one of the most prized prospects in the Sooners' class.

There was always a good chance of Ward being an immediate contributor. But with OU reportedly planning a shift to the 3-4 defense, Ward could move to linebacker (via Soonerscoop.com).

At 6'2", 245 pounds, Ward would be a force at the second level of the defense. According to Scout.com, he was clocked at 4.54 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Besides Corey Nelson and Frank Shannon, the Sooner linebacking corps is a big question mark. The Sooners did add Dominique Alexander and Jordan Evans—both listed as linebackers. One or both of them could potentially see early playing time.

Other possible starters are Rashod Favors and Aaron Franklin.

It's imperative that the Sooners get better play from their linebackers in 2013. D.J. Ward could be a prime figure in leading a resurgence.

Stanvon Taylor

There's plenty to be excited about in cornerback Stanvon Taylor. For starters, he was ranked as the No. 8 overall athlete by Rivals.com.

More importantly, Sooner defensive coordinator Mike Stoops heaped praise on the Tulsa, Okla. native. According to ESPN, Stoops said the following about Taylor:

"I can't say enough about this guy, he has all the qualities you want in a superstar."

ESPN added that Stoops compared Taylor to Sooner star cornerback Aaron Colvin.

That's certainly reason to be optimistic. It also makes it clear that Stoops intends to use Taylor in the secondary immediately.

It's by no means a certainty the Oklahoma Gatorade Player of the Year will start right away. But there's a good chance he will. Aaron Colvin will certainly start, but the other cornerback spot doesn't have a clear frontrunner after Demontre Hurst's departure.

Other possible starters here include Gabe Lynn and Kass Everett. It's very likely Lynn will start somewhere, but there are multiple possibilities.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1520761-oklahoma-football-3-recruits-who-will-start-as-freshmen

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2013, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty excited about Chris Johnson although he signed early and is already on campus, so I'm not sure if you would include him in the current recruiting class or not.

Of course most of the attention is on Andrew Billings, but it's hard for me to get excited about a DT.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/11/2013, 02:21 PM
I'm totally psyched for our new punter.

Scott D
2/11/2013, 02:43 PM
really, who isn't.