PDA

View Full Version : Some good take out food in Tulsa. Its even healthy.

cleller
2/6/2013, 07:59 PM
My wife found out about this place called Hutch Pantry, or Hutch Catering, something like that. They have a website where you can order one or several meals that you pick up and then heat up at home. Not a new idea, or anything, but this place seems to be simple and efficient, and serves up some good food. Its reasonably priced for what you get; tastes like a well prepared meal you'd make at home, with a similar cost.

It seems especially good for empty nesters (like us) or people that find it hard to make time to fix something balanced at home. My wife heard about the place and bought several meals while in Tulsa, then stuck them in the freezer. We'll often end up eating at different times, or I'll be doing the man food thing, so these have been a great for her. She's raved so much about them that I had one of the Salmon/rice/broccoli dinners tonight. It was excellent. Better than the salmon I make. I even ate half the broccoli.

Anyway, we've been impressed enough that we'd like to get these folks any exposure we can. They are located on 51st Street, at the B.A. Expressway. (Just west of 129th East Ave) I think it is the old Shiloh's restaurant building. Think you can get a free sample meal from the website.

http://www.3210fit.com/

C&CDean
2/6/2013, 08:01 PM
My wife found out about this place called Hutch Pantry, or Hutch Catering, something like that. They have a website where you can order one or several meals that you pick up and then heat up at home. Not a new idea, or anything, but this place seems to be simple and efficient, and serves up some good food. Its reasonably priced for what you get; tastes like a well prepared meal you'd make at home, with a similar cost.

It seems especially good for empty nesters (like us) or people that find it hard to make time to fix something balanced at home. My wife heard about the place and bought several meals while in Tulsa, then stuck them in the freezer. We'll often end up eating at different times, or I'll be doing the man food thing, so these have been a great for her. She's raved so much about them that I had one of the Salmon/rice/broccoli dinners tonight. It was excellent. Better than the salmon I make. I even ate half the broccoli.

Anyway, we've been impressed enough that we'd like to get these folks any exposure we can. They are located on 51st Street, at the B.A. Expressway. (Just west of 129th East Ave) I think it is the old Shiloh's restaurant building. Think you can get a free sample meal from the website.

http://www.3210fit.com/

Dude, momma don't cook, does she? That's what I'm reading here.

cleller
2/6/2013, 08:09 PM
Dude, momma don't cook, does she? That's what I'm reading here.

When we were newlyweds she fixed something called Hamburger Corn Bake out of The Good Housekeeping Cookbook. Its been slowly downhill since them.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 09:01 PM
There was one of something similar near where I live, but I think you had to subscribe or something - committing yourself to x meals per month. It stayed open about 3 years and then went out of business. I never tried it but it makes sense for two working people who don't want or don't have the time to fix complete meals.

achiro
2/6/2013, 09:02 PM
When we were newlyweds she fixed something called Hamburger Corn Bake out of The Good Housekeeping Cookbook. Its been slowly downhill since them.

Hahahaha! I can relate!

MsProudSooner
2/6/2013, 10:10 PM
They are located on 51st Street, at the B.A. Expressway. (Just west of 129th East Ave) I think it is the old Shiloh's restaurant building. Think you can get a free sample meal from the website.[/url]

Shiloh's is gone?

cleller
2/6/2013, 10:20 PM
Shiloh's is gone?

Yeah, never went there, but heard it was good. Lousy location for a restaurant.

sheepdogs
2/7/2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, never went there, but heard it was good. Lousy location for a restaurant.

Always crowded during lunch. Chicken fried steak was one of their best offerings.