PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still watch American Idol?

badger
2/6/2013, 02:33 PM
Since they had OKC auditions last week I decided to tune. I've lost interest since that Tulsa guy David Cook won.

He was the first in a long line of what twitter calls #WGWG (white guy with guitar) who have won. If another wins this year, it'll be six seasons in a row.

Anyways, thought I'd ask South Oval. I'm considering watching tonight for Hollywood week train wrecks

Lott's Bandana
2/6/2013, 05:15 PM
Simon left. So did I.

reflector
2/6/2013, 05:23 PM
I can honestly say that I do not watch American Idol.

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 05:37 PM
Whats the "STILL" stuff?
I aint ever watched it nor do I intend to.

OklaPony
2/8/2013, 12:14 PM
Yup... I do. Looks like some good ones this year judging by the auditions. Haven't watched round 1 of Hollywood week yet but will get caught up over the weekend.

badger
2/8/2013, 12:19 PM
We had some contestants with Tulsa ties that went down on Hollywood week -- the 16-year-old Bieber-like one and the former Army dude that lied about getting bombed or something... Idol cleverly cut him from the show after the web got ahold of that story :D

Tulsa has one hope for getting a claim to fame off of OKC's audition site... and that's Zoanette Johnson, who despite having a WTF audition, is rumored to have made the top 40. Here is that WTF audition for those of you that missed:
7QaxF0brB3U

badger
2/15/2013, 11:53 AM
The judges actually put her in the top 40.

Tulsa's only Zoanette Johnson, ladies and gents:
Vr1kBFvpCoE

C&CDean
2/15/2013, 01:51 PM
Zoanette? Really? How ****ing embarrassing.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2013, 02:00 PM
i dont understand why they put her thru - ridiculous - a couple of the girls that sang last night were REALLY good - the one that sang her own song on the piano - incredible

i gotta say - i thought i'd hate Nikki Minaj...but she's grown on me as a judge - she's pretty damn funny - and actually takes the music part of it seriously

soonerinabilene
2/15/2013, 02:06 PM
I couldn't believe they sent the big black guy with the speech impediment home. I thought he was one of the best from a vocal standpoint.

LakeRat
2/15/2013, 04:20 PM
I have watched it since about the 3rd season. This is the least amount of talent ever. It is like, "how do we find the most ghetto white trash people in the world that are nut jobs, and make a show out of it?"

Horrible talent!! They seem to have brought the funny bad performances to Hollywood. I do not get it.

badger
2/15/2013, 05:20 PM
It is really apparent that they are going out of their way to make sure that a WGWG (white guy with guitar) does not win for the sixth season in a row. Tulsa's own David Cook (who they said was from somewhere in Missouri since they already had one finalist from Tulsa) was the first.

The ratings from this show and the show that Simon Cowell went to (X-Factor) are apparently so bad that they are likely going to drop one of them by next season. Wonder which one survives the axe?

goingoneight
2/17/2013, 09:33 PM
Personally, I'll be glad when the reality TV fad dies.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2013, 10:24 PM
I prefer The Voice.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2013, 10:25 PM
Personally, I'll be glad when the reality TV fad dies.

I thought rap would last a couple of years.

OULenexaman
2/19/2013, 11:00 AM
heard of it....never seen it.

Midtowner
2/19/2013, 11:15 AM
I saw the clips on The Lost Ogle. I really don't know what to think about this lady. At first, I thought she might be literally insane, now I'm thinking she's an extremely talented person who is also pretty insane. She has a lot of raw talent.

And this is reality TV, so we all know that the judges sending such a hot mess to the final round is going to boost ratings.

badger
2/19/2013, 03:33 PM
I saw the clips on The Lost Ogle. I really don't know what to think about this lady. At first, I thought she might be literally insane, now I'm thinking she's an extremely talented person who is also pretty insane. She has a lot of raw talent.

And this is reality TV, so we all know that the judges sending such a hot mess to the final round is going to boost ratings.

I am convinced that she is talented, but also is a TV-propelled diva that the cameras cannot get enough of. When she sang with a group, she was normal (even if she helped name that group "Poo Snaps"). When she was a soloist, that's when the crazy happened, from the nat'l anthem to "Ba ba da ba ba da" or whatever she called her drum song.

badger
2/22/2013, 12:56 PM
I started to watch but stopped because (a) nobody from Oklahoma among the guys and (b) they started off with some horrendous signers.

In an effort to not have a #WGWG (white guy with guitar) winner for the sixth-straight year, the Internet is speculating that they are putting through a bunch of bad talent on the guy's side.

For fun, here are all five #WGWG winners...
Season seven (and he lived in Tulsa before auditioning!) David Cook:
http://tonicgossip.com/wp-content/david-cook-12.jpg
Season 8 Kris Allen:
http://airamara.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/kris-allen-photo-3-25.jpg
Season 9 Lee DeWyze:
http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact/photo/american-idol-lee-dewyze-top16-2jpg-a1434c35fb129529_large.jpg
Season 10: Scotty McCreery:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCxTcWFB24U/TXvZgQlMXyI/AAAAAAAAA9Y/QLwWNenFYJQ/s1600/scottym4.jpg
Season 11: Phillip Phillips:
http://images.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/6/blog_images/phillip-phillips-performs-on-american-idol-.jpg
omg guitars

Flagstaffsooner
2/22/2013, 03:43 PM
I prfer Gong Show reruns to that crap.

badger
2/22/2013, 04:06 PM
I prfer Gong Show reruns to that crap.

It really was the gong show Weds night. They had 10 female singers go during the two-hour show, and then they gonged five of them. There as no tearful "I'm going home..." montage video of their time on Idol, it was basically:

Ryan Seacrest: Judges, what say you for Mindy Moomoo?
One of the four judges: We love you we adore you, but we have only limited spots so we have to say goodbye. Keep singing! Don't give up!
(Idol music plays)
Ryan: Goodbye Mindy.
(Mindy tearfully walks off stage to Idol music)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2013, 04:08 PM
Simon left. So did I.He was the star, and why it succeeded, IMHO

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2013, 04:12 PM
I prfer Gong Show reruns to that crap.Chuck Barris and Jaye P Morgan RAWK!!! Super funny show.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2013, 04:51 PM
the girl - Angela something (Lewis maybe?)

amazing talent.......i havent seen any other contestants come close to her

and that transgender "Jada" they had on with the guys last night.........pitiful

badger
2/23/2013, 12:11 PM
the girl - Angela something (Lewis maybe?)

amazing talent.......i havent seen any other contestants come close to her

and that transgender "Jada" they had on with the guys last night.........pitiful

I watched dvr of male singers. The only enjoyable performances were nerdy rocket man (in an awkward sort of way) and the last guy

Jacie
2/23/2013, 12:33 PM
He was the star, and why it succeeded, IMHO

jk, I agree with you. I was surprised but Idol finally found a worthy replacement for Simon in Nicki Minaj. Get past her wigs and outfits, the girl is a good judge of talent and doesn't let her sentiments get in the way of saying what she thinks of a contestant's performance. Seriously, she is better than Randy, Mariah and Blake combined and makes the show worth watching.

texaspokieokie
2/23/2013, 12:48 PM
gong sho was better.
JP Morgan was sexy; but old.

jk the sooner fan
2/23/2013, 07:53 PM
I watched dvr of male singers. The only enjoyable performances were nerdy rocket man (in an awkward sort of way) and the last guy

if you thought he was good - you have awful taste in music - please let your husband steer your baby in the musical choice area.....seriously, that kid was awful and lacking general talent

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 09:12 PM
Just heard Rachael Sing. She was off quite a few times at the end. Pretty awful.

Blue
2/27/2013, 09:13 PM
Just heard Rachael Sing. She was off quite a few times at the end. Pretty awful.

OU vs Texas on the Duece!

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 09:18 PM
OU vs Texas on the Duece!

Got it recorded

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 09:43 PM
Tulsa has Zoanette

OKC no Zoanette

LMAO

http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screen-shot-2013-01-31-at-9-20-43-pm.png

badger
2/28/2013, 02:33 PM
Tulsan Zoanette says RAWR:
IUO55XtGrwc

badger
2/28/2013, 02:34 PM
if you thought he was good - you have awful taste in music - please let your husband steer your baby in the musical choice area.....seriously, that kid was awful and lacking general talent

I didn't say it was good. It was entertaining in a "tee hee, look at the little nerd go" sort of way

mojorisen2014
2/28/2013, 03:52 PM
Never have, never will

badger
3/5/2013, 11:41 AM
Heh:
http://d2mpzxlns1ef35.cloudfront.net/SiteBanner/zoanettecharliebanner.jpg
Here they are in case you don't remember them:
bYCucYfcc08
SxoW_oXs2jw
Tulsa's own Zoanette on tonight... they'll probably save her till the end again just because she's gotten a lot of publicity and you just never know what the hell she'll do

Midtowner
3/5/2013, 02:08 PM
Tulsa has Zoanette

OKC no Zoanette

LMAO

http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screen-shot-2013-01-31-at-9-20-43-pm.png

OKC >>>>>>> Tulsa

Scott D
3/5/2013, 03:45 PM
I was surprised to see that it's still on.

StoopTroup
3/5/2013, 04:00 PM
I was surprised to see that it's still on.

Same here. It's awful.

badger
3/7/2013, 03:10 PM
I fully expect more gong show tonight, as I read somewhere that they're axing each group in half again, meaning they're cutting it from 20 to 10, with MAYBE a few judge's choice to tag along for a top 12 or so.

My guess is the top 10 will be the top vote getters, while the wild cards will be fodder for audiences to laugh in... in other words, the two VFTW picks (they made that Charlie kid cry last night)