PDA

View Full Version : Bout Time if ya ax Me.

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 01:09 PM
Who in hell needs to get Mail on Saturday anyway?

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/u-post-office-ends-saturday-delivery-save-itself-140127634.html

rock on sooner
2/6/2013, 01:35 PM
'Bout the only thing I can think of would be if ya had to get meds
by mail...just have ta change the timing some...

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 01:41 PM
'Bout the only thing I can think of would be if ya had to get meds
by mail...just have ta change the timing some...

Hell if yer gettin yer meds in the mail you Just order em far enough ahead you dont run out. Thats what I do with the VA .My scripts are here 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.
I see No reason what so ever for Saturday mail. But thats just me.
I check my mail once maybe twice a week in town where i have a PO box.

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 01:44 PM
Another thing they could do away with is Rural Delivery also.
Its a total waste of time and money. I mean who in hell DONT go to town? and If someone cant for health reasons then SOMEONE goes shoppin for em let them pick up the mail.

Plus I dont want my mail sittin in an unsecured box on the side of the road for every arsehole in the county to be able to rummage thru.

pphilfran
2/6/2013, 01:44 PM
Packages are still going to be 6 days...that business has actually been growing...no letters or junk on Sat...

KantoSooner
2/6/2013, 02:51 PM
Start jacking rates on the junk mail industry. Either they pay and the USPS gets a shot in the arm or they go out of business and the entire nation is rid of an utterly useless, annoying industry that wastes time, money and paper.

pphilfran
2/6/2013, 03:02 PM
Start jacking rates on the junk mail industry. Either they pay and the USPS gets a shot in the arm or they go out of business and the entire nation is rid of an utterly useless, annoying industry that wastes time, money and paper.

They can only raise rates a certain amount each year...if they want to exceed the limit then they have to get Congress to approve...I think there is even some question about the legality of the Postal Service cutting out Saturday mail delivery without Congressional approval...

Congress has had the PS plan since early last year and has elected to do nothing about it...

Soonerjeepman
2/6/2013, 03:31 PM
yup...course it won't happen.

Soonerjeepman
2/6/2013, 03:32 PM
They can only raise rates a certain amount each year...if they want to exceed the limit then they have to get Congress to approve...I think there is even some question about the legality of the Postal Service cutting out Saturday mail delivery without Congressional approval...

Congress has had the PS plan since early last year and has elected to do nothing about it...

Heard today congress doesn't want the no mail on Sat...but won't offer anything else.

I'm so sick of these a$$wipes. STAND up and do something about the gov spending~

StoopTroup
2/6/2013, 06:24 PM
No ****. They could start by doing their jobs for free.

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2013, 06:27 PM
I did not know that Vet was a colored man.

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2013, 06:28 PM
If it were up to me, the legalized monopoly known as the USPS would be abolished entirely or completely privatized.

trwxxa
2/6/2013, 08:58 PM

So when you received a solicitation with a postage paid return envelope, does it help the USPS to send the empty envelope back?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 09:29 PM
Congress could institute a draft of all postal employees who retired at 55 to make them deliver mail on Saturday to earn their generous pensions.

:playful:

diverdog
2/6/2013, 10:07 PM
If it were up to me, the legalized monopoly known as the USPS would be abolished entirely or completely privatized.

Rewrite the constitution.

diverdog
2/6/2013, 10:08 PM
Congress could institute a draft of all postal employees who retired at 55 to make them deliver mail on Saturday to earn their generous pensions.

:playful:

boy I hope you have a bunker.

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 10:21 PM
So when you received a solicitation with a postage paid return envelope, does it help the USPS to send the empty envelope back?

Heh, I have a ball with those. I bot a New toaster once, sent some CC company my old one.
Dont know if it went or not I just taped the prepaid envelope to the Box and left it at the PO.
:sneakiness:

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 10:22 PM
I did not know that Vet was a colored man.

you say that like ts a bad thing er sompun.

Turd_Ferguson
2/6/2013, 10:25 PM
you say that like ts a bad thing er sompun.

I thought you said you were black from the waist up???

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 10:34 PM
I thought you said you were black from the waist up???

SHHHHHHH!

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2013, 11:39 PM
Rewrite the constitution.
That wouldn't require a rewrite. It wouldn't require an amendment either. The Constitution empowers Congress to establish a postal system as an enumerated power (thus being a Federal rather than a state power), but it does not require that they do so or that we have one.

Congress has the power to establish and to abolish.

8timechamps
2/7/2013, 07:39 PM
Is there an argument against privatizing the Postal Service? If there is, I'd like to hear it.

StoopTroup
2/7/2013, 09:15 PM
What happened with just raising the price of mailing something?

Turd_Ferguson
2/7/2013, 09:32 PM
What happened with just raising the price of mailing something?

Gotta be passed by Congress I think...Also heard they'd have to raise the price of a stamp to around a buck fitty in order to pull their *** outta debt...

StoopTroup
2/7/2013, 10:10 PM
Gotta be passed by Congress I think...Also heard they'd have to raise the price of a stamp to around a buck fitty in order to pull their *** outta debt...

If that's what it takes...that's what it takes. Hell those 2 day Fedx type letters are like $7. It's about time they start doing business based on reality. These Businesses that do mass mailing for practically nothing have kept the rates down for good reason and definitely an advantage to their bottomline.

Tiptonsooner
2/7/2013, 10:44 PM
If that's what it takes...that's what it takes. Hell those 2 day Fedx type letters are like $7. It's about time they start doing business based on reality. These Businesses that do mass mailing for practically nothing have kept the rates down for good reason and definitely an advantage to their bottomline.

I agree. Most folks don't realize, the USPS has got to be the best bargain still available today. There is no way they can accomplish what they do everyday, for the price they do and stay afloat. I don't see how.