PDA

View Full Version : Voting is a PRECIOUS CIVIL RIGHT

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/5/2013, 11:52 PM
Be proud to be an American, and happy you have the ability to help select your government:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/538271_486116921423990_1073178633_n.jpg

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2013, 11:57 PM
Be proud to be an American, and happy you have the ability to help select your government:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/538271_486116921423990_1073178633_n.jpg
I hate you for this -- seriously.

Voting should not be a right given; it should be a privilege earned. Furthermore, no sane patriotic American should ever encourage people to go vote.

2/6/2013, 12:22 AM
I hate you for this -- seriously.

really? Did you click on the link?It's just a snapshot of America 2012.

Midtowner
2/6/2013, 12:29 AM
Considering the GOP tampering with districts, this right is less than sacrosanct.

2/6/2013, 12:42 AM
no doubt. Fershure they flooded the swing states with democrat votes. Dang those GOP election throwers

Midtowner
2/6/2013, 08:42 AM
Redistricting, voter ID, etc. Now, in Virginia, they're making voter ID even more strict. You won't be able to use a utility bill to ID yourself, but you'll be able to use a Conceal and Carry card.

--no inherent bias there....

okie52
2/6/2013, 09:16 AM
Considering the GOP tampering with districts, this right is less than sacrosanct.

Heh...only noticed pub gerrymandering? Figures...

okie52
2/6/2013, 09:17 AM
Redistricting, voter ID, etc. Now, in Virginia, they're making voter ID even more strict. You won't be able to use a utility bill to ID yourself, but you'll be able to use a Conceal and Carry card.

--no inherent bias there....

God Bless 'em.

okie52
2/6/2013, 09:21 AM

Sad but true.

Soonerjeepman
2/6/2013, 09:31 AM
Heh...only noticed pub gerrymandering? Figures...

no $hit...good grief. The libs/dem do NO wrong with some of these guys..at least I admit BOTH parties are pretty jacked up.

2/6/2013, 12:10 PM
no $hit...good grief. The libs/dem do NO wrong with some of these guys..at least I admit BOTH parties are pretty jacked up.A non-citizen voting in a USA election is sorta illegal. Voting while not even in the country legally is WAY sorta illegal. Doesn't seem to matter to the Press. At least, it doesn't seem to bother them much.

yermom
2/6/2013, 12:37 PM
A non-citizen voting in a USA election is sorta illegal. Voting while not even in the country legally is WAY sorta illegal. Doesn't seem to matter to the Press. At least, it doesn't seem to bother them much.

are there a lot of documented cases of undocumented voters?

2/6/2013, 12:41 PM
are there a lot of documented cases of undocumented voters?I don't know. Do you? Do you think it's not done much?

snicker

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 12:42 PM
are there a lot of documented cases of undocumented voters?

If the cases were documented then wouldnt the Undocumented be documented?
Hell Im confused now.

2/6/2013, 12:44 PM
That would be Uprorious Documentation.

KantoSooner
2/6/2013, 04:04 PM
The few illegals I've been aware of over the years were doing their level best to stay way far away from any chance of detection by the authorities. Hell, they kept their kids out of school just to avoid any questions. At least in their cases there would have been no chance in hell that they'd have gone and tried to vote.

Soonerjeepman
2/6/2013, 04:11 PM
times are changing with obama in office...

2/6/2013, 04:16 PM
times are changing with obama in office...but...but, but they're here ILLEGALLY!:wink:

TAFBSooner
2/6/2013, 06:07 PM
The few illegals I've been aware of over the years were doing their level best to stay way far away from any chance of detection by the authorities. Hell, they kept their kids out of school just to avoid any questions. At least in their cases there would have been no chance in hell that they'd have gone and tried to vote.

I'm calliing foul - you're THINKING about the claim.

TAFBSooner
2/6/2013, 06:11 PM
I don't know. Do you? Do you think it's not done much?

snicker

Republicans have been looking for cases of actual voter fraud since 2004 at least, in order to justify their attempts to limit the vote. They found very few. If they'd found more than that they would be trumpeting it to the high heavens. So no, it's not done much.

StoopTroup
2/6/2013, 06:31 PM
If you show up to vote and are denied...shouldn't there be some police and investigators there to finger print you and issue you a valid Voter ID Card and maybe even some Official ID that you are an Anerican Citizen or arrest you on the spot and deport you or give you a public defender so you can make bail and go to court to prove. Your innocence and that you are an American Born Citizen?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 06:52 PM
I don't know. Do you? Do you think it's not done much?

snicker

Individuals unlawfully present don't vote. Kanto is right - they don't want to draw attention to themselves anymore than they have to. Now if one had to vote in order to get or keep a job, then they probably would. But the goal is to keep unnecessary black marks off the record for if and when they may become eligible for permanent residency.

It's more likely that long-time legal residents who never got around to becoming a citizen might vote. Their drivers license or state ID card looks just like any citizen's. But I don't think the numbers are huge, from what I've read. There's a bigger problem of people not voting than there is with people voting.... [or from Sic em's perspective: great news that lots of people don't vote!]

But I'm sure you can find some anecdotal counterexample out of 11 million people.

cleller
2/6/2013, 08:55 PM
Individuals unlawfully present don't vote. Kanto is right - they don't want to draw attention to themselves anymore than they have to. Now if one had to vote in order to get or keep a job, then they probably would. But the goal is to keep unnecessary black marks off the record for if and when they may become eligible for permanent residency.

It's more likely that long-time legal residents who never got around to becoming a citizen might vote. Their drivers license or state ID card looks just like any citizen's. But I don't think the numbers are huge, from what I've read. There's a bigger problem of people not voting than there is with people voting.... [or from Sic em's perspective: great news that lots of people don't vote!]

But I'm sure you can find some anecdotal counterexample out of 11 million people.

In Florida it is estimated that 180,000 illegals are registered to vote. That's in one state. Imagine what is going on in California. I think it is a big problem, and influencing the outcome of many election. Florida officials has sought help in identifying illegal voters thru the Obama Administration, but have been denied.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE84A1AF20120511?irpc=932

In Las Vegas, illegals were rounded up, registered, then pressured to vote on election day.
http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/how-many-noncitizens-are-registered-to-vote-177141441.html

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 09:06 PM
In Florida it is estimated that 180,000 illegals are registered to vote. That's in one state. Imagine what is going on in California. I think it is a big problem, and influencing the outcome of many election. Florida officials has sought help in identifying illegal voters thru the Obama Administration, but have been denied.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE84A1AF20120511?irpc=932

In Las Vegas, illegals were rounded up, registered, then pressured to vote on election day.
http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/how-many-noncitizens-are-registered-to-vote-177141441.html

It says 180,000 non-citizens, it does not say 180,000 illegals.

and then the article says they are investigating 180,000 to see if they are eligible.

"Officials in Florida have so far identified more than 2,600 potential voters who may not be U.S. citizens"

clellar, get with the program.

cleller
2/6/2013, 09:23 PM
It says 180,000 non-citizens, it does not say 180,000 illegals.

and then the article says they are investigating 180,000 to see if they are eligible.

"Officials in Florida have so far identified more than 2,600 potential voters who may not be U.S. citizens"

clellar, get with the program.

Before I get with your program. Read this sentence, then re-read the article:

"Florida election authorities are examining about 180,000 people who they say may not be U.S. citizens but are registered to vote in the state"

That seems easy enough to grasp. Its serious, right? The 2600 number represents known registrants already proven to be illegal residents. Enough to have changed the outcome of a well known election. Its also a far cry from your statement: "Individuals unlawfully present don't vote". Nonsense. It is slow going proving their suspicions because the Obama Administration will not assist them. Can you imagine how long it takes to go thru 180,000 names with a handful of workers? I think it is you that is not comprehending the article, then trying to cover it with weak zingers.

Want more?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-foster/democrats-benefit-from-illegal-immigrants-voting_b_1418523.html

It is naive to believe there are not large numbers of illegals voting, and more naive to deny it. The evidence is out there. Look.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 09:47 PM
Before I get with your program. Read this sentence, then re-read the article:

"Florida election authorities are examining about 180,000 people who they say may not be U.S. citizens but are registered to vote in the state"

Can it get any more clear? The 2600 number represents known registrants already proven to be illegal residents. It is slow going proving their suspicions because the Obama Administration will not assist them. I think it is you that is not comprehending the article, then trying to cover it with weak zingers.

It is naive to believe there are not large numbers of illegals voting, and more naive to deny it. The evidence is out there.

Apparently you are unaware that some non-citizens are legal residents. They aren't "illegals."

Reread what you wrote:

Originally Posted by cleller

In Florida it is estimated that 180,000 illegals are registered to vote.

However, the article says they are investigating 180,000 voters to see if they are ineligible. Some may actually be eligible. Some may be legal residents who are not eligible. There is no way you can read it and interpret is as "an estimated 180,000 illegals vote". I bet the vast majority of those who are being investigated are in the U.S. legally.

Eat your casserole and stop being obtuse, cleller

cleller
2/6/2013, 10:15 PM
Apparently you are unaware that some non-citizens are legal residents. They aren't "illegals."

Reread what you wrote:

Originally Posted by cleller

In Florida it is estimated that 180,000 illegals are registered to vote.

However, the article says they are investigating 180,000 voters to see if they are ineligible. Some may actually be eligible. Some may be legal residents who are not eligible. There is no way you can read it and interpret is as "an estimated 180,000 illegals vote". I bet the vast majority of those who are being investigated are in the U.S. legally.

Eat your casserole and stop being obtuse, cleller

More diversion. I'll concede that I quickly tossed off the highlighted sentence, but do you truly believe it is not representative? Non citizens cannot legally vote. To vote would be illegal. They would be illegal voters. Can you at least admit/understand that?
We are not discussing their status, but whether or not they voted legally. Do you recognize that? Better yet, do you object to it?

I had a feeling the obtuse word would predictably get spat out. Its the hallmark of the internet faux-intellectual.

What benefit is it to defend the illegal actions of people? They are not citizens, and do not have the privilege of voting. You are happy to accept this illegal and unconstitutional situation purely because it fits a selfish outlook.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2013, 10:42 PM
More diversion. I'll concede that I quickly tossed off the highlighted sentence, but do you truly believe it is not representative? Non citizens cannot legally vote. To vote would be illegal. They would be illegal voters. Can you at least admit/understand that?
We are not discussing their status, but whether or not they voted legally. Do you recognize that? Better yet, do you object to it?

I had a feeling the obtuse word would predictably get spat out. Its the hallmark of the internet faux-intellectual.

What benefit is it to defend the illegal actions of people? They are not citizens, and do not have the privilege of voting. You are happy to accept this illegal and unconstitutional situation purely because it fits a selfish outlook.

Yes, I clearly understood it would be illegal to vote if they are legally present non-citizens. I said as much:

It is also illegal to vote in a district you've moved out of, but numerous people do it. We don't, however, call them "illegals."

2/7/2013, 01:56 AM
Republicans have been looking for cases of actual voter fraud since 2004 at least, in order to justify their attempts to limit the vote. I know some who would like to limit it to citizens. And, by that I mean ones that are alive, and who vote only once.

Ton Loc
2/7/2013, 08:32 AM

I always enjoy it when someone's argument is clearly wrong, but then that person tries to come back on a technicality in the article they didn't even originally see until someone else pointed it out to them.

We get it - you don't want "illegals" voting - and by illegals you mean brown people. Next time - just use a picture.

Turd_Ferguson
2/7/2013, 08:48 AM
I always enjoy it when someone's argument is clearly wrong, but then that person tries to come back on a technicality in the article they didn't even originally see until someone else pointed it out to them.

We get it - you don't want "illegals" voting - and by illegals you mean brown people. Next time - just use a picture.

Wow. What a ****'n racist you are...

cleller
2/7/2013, 04:07 PM

Another example of someone with nothing to say, so they say something shallow and false, but accusatory.

Curly Bill
2/7/2013, 04:12 PM
Another example of someone with nothing to say, so they say something shallow and false, but accusatory.

Hey, he played the race card. That means you automatically lose! LOL

cleller
2/7/2013, 04:20 PM

And in a thread where race was not part of the discussion. Something desperate there.

okie52
2/7/2013, 04:50 PM

Illegals and brown people are the same???? Who'd have thunk it.

KantoSooner
2/7/2013, 05:17 PM
I love the fact that two illegals I've known fly in the face of the typical assumptions:

1. An Irish girl working at McSorleys in NYC. Overstayed (and worked) illegally for years. Quietly went home with her American husband after about five years.

2. An Aussie girl (red hair, green eyes, still models at age 55), got tripped up after overstaying a student visa when she was in a Mexican restaurant and La Migra wanted to look even handed, so they started to check everyone.

There really are non-Mexican illegals.

okie52
2/7/2013, 05:31 PM
Of course there really are non-Mexican illegals...not 11,000,000 of them...but they are out there.

Ton Loc
2/7/2013, 06:00 PM

Shallow and false is not pointing out that you are either a liar or stupid. You're either not smart enough to read and interpret the article you posted or you're a liar who read it and tried to twist it into fitting your viewpoint. Your choice.

This is someone with nothing to say and also happens to be shallow, false, and accusatory.

Illegals and brown people are the same???? Who'd have thunk it.

Please - it only takes one look into the past threads to show where your opinion lies.

I love the fact that two illegals I've known fly in the face of the typical assumptions:

1. An Irish girl working at McSorleys in NYC. Overstayed (and worked) illegally for years. Quietly went home with her American husband after about five years.

2. An Aussie girl (red hair, green eyes, still models at age 55), got tripped up after overstaying a student visa when she was in a Mexican restaurant and La Migra wanted to look even handed, so they started to check everyone.

There really are non-Mexican illegals.

They only want to talk about the Mexicans.

olevetonahill
2/7/2013, 06:08 PM
Shallow and false is not pointing out that you are either a liar or stupid. You're either not smart enough to read and interpret the article you posted or you're a liar who read it and tried to twist it into fitting your viewpoint. Your choice.

This is someone with nothing to say and also happens to be shallow, false, and accusatory.

Please - it only takes one look into the past threads to show where your opinion lies.

Are you jauns Illegal brother in law?

cleller
2/7/2013, 07:31 PM

Yeah, everyone else is wrong but you.

There's also no problem with non-US citizens voting in this country, I guess. Should it be encouraged, or just ignored when they vote they way you do?

You want to fling around racist labels, but you are the one making assumptions about the skin color of illegal voters, no one else. Ignoring the illegal behavior of people because of their skin color is just more racism.

okie52
2/7/2013, 07:41 PM

Heh, and I thought I was just a fence sitter.

Ton Loc
2/7/2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, everyone else is wrong but you.

There's also no problem with non-US citizens voting in this country, I guess. Should it be encouraged, or just ignored when they vote they way you do?

You want to fling around racist labels, but you are the one making assumptions about the skin color of illegal voters, no one else. Ignoring the illegal behavior of people because of their skin color is just more racism.

I know the majority of illegals come from south of the border. Why *****foot around that fact? I'd never disagree on that point.

I just thought it was funny you FD up your own point with an article you linked to.

olevetonahill
2/7/2013, 07:44 PM
I know the majority of illegals come from south of the border. Why *****foot around that fact? I'd never disagree on that point.

I just thought it was funny you FD up your own point with an article you linked to.

Obammys aunt living on welfare in Chicago is from south of the border?
who knew.

okie52
2/7/2013, 07:45 PM

Okay, let's talk about those 11,000,000 illegal Canadians. You start.

olevetonahill
2/7/2013, 07:50 PM
Okay, let's talk about those 11,000,000 illegal Canadians. You start.

:fat:

2/7/2013, 08:12 PM
You want to fling around racist labels, but you are the one making assumptions about the skin color of illegal voters, no one else. Ignoring the illegal behavior of people because of their skin color is just more racism.It's playing the race card. a reprehensible tactic that deflects from facing the real problem, like playing a stupid card, crazy or evil. It's not meant to deal with the actual problem at hand.

Turd_Ferguson
2/7/2013, 08:31 PM
Ton just can't stand the old pasty white guy's...

olevetonahill
2/7/2013, 08:35 PM
Ton just can't stand the old pasty white guy's...

you sayin he likes him some "Brown Sugar"?

2/7/2013, 08:37 PM
Ton just can't stand the old pasty white guy's...DL and the d's say those kinda people have created and perpetuated a flawed America. one that doesn't dispense Proper Fairness. So, they're givenerhell, and have come up with the New Blueprint, that does things the proper way.

Turd_Ferguson
2/7/2013, 08:38 PM
you sayin he likes him some "Brown Sugar"?

Maybe more along the lines of some molasses...

StoopTroup
2/7/2013, 09:08 PM
CSPAN had an Arizona Senator Jeff Flake on today discussing Immigration and reform and why it's so difficult. If was amazing to hear a Republican speaking as to why it's so difficult to legislate a fix that will help clear things up in less than a decade.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/310876-4

Ton Loc
2/7/2013, 10:49 PM
Maybe more along the lines of some molasses...

WTF y'all talking about.

Besides, what's wrong with liking some brown sugar?